So, i tried AW out...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Chevayo #1 Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9569 battles

With all the hate floating around the forums, people telling how AW is going to be so much better, doing everything right, what WoT ever did wrong, i went and gave it try, and kinda feel like sharing, because reasons...

So, first of all.

I like it; It's good for a change, different tanks, different maps and so on. Will probably keep playing it on and off for variety.

The the PvE mode is a nice change of pace too (but somewhat repetetive).

But:

Getting the same map over and over again, all evening - CHECK

One team getting ROFL-Stomped 5:15 in half of the battles - CHECK

At least one MBT per battle and team camping own base - CHECK

Matchmaker derps every now and then - CHECK

(especially when playing outside of the prime time)

Toxic chat with people crying "Noob", calling each other names (etc) - NO CHECK (yet)

But working on it and making good progress. Seen a few "Stop cap idiots!!!" as well.

The queue times for battles are quite long as well. Not terrible, but sitting out for 90sec to 2min for every battle, makes you really appreciate the quick MM we have in WoT.

Edited by Chevayo, 19 November 2015 - 10:16 PM.

PoIestar #2 Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:21 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31910 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostChevayo, on 19 November 2015 - 10:15 PM, said:

Toxic chat with people crying "Noob", calling each other names (etc) - NO CHECK (yet)

I did see people who told camping MBTs to go back to WoT, where they belong... That's always fun to see. 

CroustibatFR #3 Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:23 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23297 battles

Yeah, played AW again the day of 9.12 patch, because i got a massive ... 20kBps download speed with WOT update. While the 1gig AW update was done at a massive 60MBps (it tooks less than a minute to download and install).

Trying to play low tier scouts. That is totally useless, just like in the previous light metagame in WOT. Spot all you want your teammates won't shoot. And then after a while of spotting 10 enemy tanks, someone finally decide to hunt you down, and you die.

I also unlocked arties to see what"s what. It WILL take some time to adjust, as the commands in arty view are not absolute like in WOT, but relative like in sniper view. I played a couple  of PVE in it for now, then felt i had enough for the day.

People rage just as much, and are as much agressive idiots as in WOT, couldn't see the difference really.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users