Back afterr 8 months break...did Wargaming break scout while I was gone? ^^

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Terracide #1 Posted 21 November 2015 - 08:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22646 battles

As per title...is just installing the game again after a long break (Some changes IRL meant I had no time for gaming, but now I'm back to having som pww-pww-pew again.

Have som 2.5K battles in the VK28.01.

But heard some chatter that this has become World of Corridors and scouts have a harder time...any truth...or do people still just whine over nothing (like always)? ^^

*polishing that 105mm for some ka-BOOM*

lord_chipmonk #2 Posted 22 November 2015 - 01:24 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35755 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
There's a little truth to the whole "world of corridors" thing, but it is exaggerated, and I don't think things have changed massively since March. Probably the main thing you'll notice are the new Japanese heavy tanks and a few new Frenchies. 

Edited by lord_chipmonk, 22 November 2015 - 01:24 AM.

Terracide #3 Posted 22 November 2015 - 08:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22646 battles

I have noticed a lot of changes to the maps...and I think some of these blasted "achievements" that they spam you with in battle have confused me.

I thought I got spotted in my VK28.01 (a strange SPOTTED thingy-bob popped up, only saw it once) and I left my position.

But in the replay...I don't seem to be spotted....the bulb dosn't come on...only later...did Wargaming troll me with console-crap?

Anyway to disable these spam things?

Tazilon #4 Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:05 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 966 battles

View PostTerracide, on 22 November 2015 - 07:56 AM, said:

I have noticed a lot of changes to the maps...and I think some of these blasted "achievements" that they spam you with in battle have confused me.

I thought I got spotted in my VK28.01 (a strange SPOTTED thingy-bob popped up, only saw it once) and I left my position.

But in the replay...I don't seem to be spotted....the bulb dosn't come on...only later...did Wargaming troll me with console-crap?

They are actually quite useful.  The "spotted" one means you got credit for spotting a tank.  More useful, however, is the one the tells you you got assisted damage.  It is great for knowing that it is your spots that are letting a tank be shot.

As for making it harder for Scouts.  Yes, they seem to trend towards that, but scouts are still a blast to play and still productive in pubs.

Eila_Juutilainen #5 Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:16 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21383 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

View PostTerracide, on 22 November 2015 - 08:56 AM, said:

You can disable them AFAIK, but as Tazilon says they can be quite usefull once you acclimatise to their presence.

lord_chipmonk #6 Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35755 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

Also worth mentioning that light tanks are loving away from the dedicated scout role and more towards light assault and harassment. The little notification things are telling you what you have achieved, though the spotting one can be confusing til you get used to it. It is great to know that your sitting in a bush clenching your buttocks hoping to hell that E-100 doesn't see you is paying off. 

Also, you may have noticed dynamic platoons. Can be useful to completing some of the platoon personal missions. 

Tazilon #7 Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:41 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 966 battles

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 23 November 2015 - 10:47 AM, said:

Also worth mentioning that light tanks are loving away from the dedicated scout role and more towards light assault and harassment. The little notification things are telling you what you have achieved, though the spotting one can be confusing til you get used to it. It is great to know that your sitting in a bush clenching your buttocks hoping to hell that E-100 doesn't see you is paying off. 

Also, you may have noticed dynamic platoons. Can be useful to completing some of the platoon personal missions. 

They have always been spotting AND damage dealers; most people never figured that out though.

Terracide #8 Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22646 battles

I see now..I was trolled by the game by the "SPOTTED"..and left my very good cover...unspotted.

Anyways, getting back  in the sadle...my aim is still of...but my tactical sense is not ^^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users