Quitting after a short re-enter

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

ImperialDalek #1 Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16998 battles
I stopped playing cause this game with his playerbase and unrewarding gameplay.. is horrible.. I played for few months other games like Warthunder, Starcraft 2, homeworld or single player games like the witcher, fallout..

I had today some "malinconia" about this game formula and started playing again.

My mind blown when I realized that any mechanic patch WG made, any graphic restyle they made they did not fixed the game experience.

Ultraskilled players can affect games around.. 10%? my winrate is 54% so i can affect my game just by 4%.
Game is ruled by mm then! so when mm put a platoon of 60% players one side and a bunch of derps on the other what can I do?

Is this funny? no is frustrating. I can ignore the defeat if I can re-enter battle with a new tank (warthunder?) or if mm was balanced to make ppl with the same skill match (barely any other game on the net)..

WG is avoiding to pilot MM with all her stubborn designers united. OKAY but change something on the formula. NOPE

Bye WG, the totally deaf-mute company. I will spend my money elsewhere.

Baldrickk #2 Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29322 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
Yawn. I could care less.
Why do you even care to post though. You sound happier elsewhere, so please, of you go, don't let the door hit you in the way out.

malachi6 #3 Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:16 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 48958 battles
I tried tiramisu  once, I did not like it.  I did not find a food forum and open a thread about it.  I went back to chocolate fudge cake.

wsatnutter #4 Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:20 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24226 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

I tried sprouts as a child and hated them I hid them behind the radiators in our house so I did not have to eat them

some 45 years later I have allotments and I grow them and stuff my face every Sunday with them

btw

12201 battles

see you tomorrow OP

SuedKAT #5 Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:54 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postmalachi6, on 23 November 2015 - 11:16 PM, said:

I tried tiramisu  once, I did not like it.  I did not find a food forum and open a thread about it.  I went back to chocolate fudge cake.

Wise choice, I did the same, hail the chocolate fudge cake!

7LV #6 Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:07 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18241 battles

Yawn, is this a new story or is it a rehash of failed player seeks easy life in other game.

WOT is not easy for a reason.... and WG still nerf everything for people like you.... and you still moan...

What is the point, enjoy AW / WT or what ever...

I bet you moan there too.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63792 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

So you are mad that WG did not make a MM so you could get more people to carry you. Or "help" you. Well sure it can suck when the enemy has a 3x 60% platoon. But at times they come here and whine to, as they usually say they can only carry that much. Or they did 9K damage and still lost etc. It's not a 100% indication you will lose. If you are that easily affected, then don't update XVM. Then you won't know. And treat all games the same and approach all enemy tanks the same way, since you don't know. Many have done it, and many did better due to it. Might help you cool down.

But enjoy what ever of the other games you play. One don't even have a MM system as such. But I'm sure you will do better if you just believe strongly that people can carry there instead... But if you ask me it's equally bad no matter where you go tbh. As the same people play all 3 games. Regardless of what they say here :P

Edited by Balc0ra, 24 November 2015 - 02:42 AM.

_Banana_Republic_ #8 Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41861 battles
And how many games have you played.. 1000?? OR only 5?

Obsessive_Compulsive #9 Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:53 AM

General

• Player
  • 23989 battles

View Postwsatnutter, on 23 November 2015 - 11:20 PM, said:

I tried sprouts as a child and hated them I hid them behind the radiators in our house so I did not have to eat them

some 45 years later I have allotments and I grow them and stuff my face every Sunday with them

btw

12201 battles

see you tomorrow OP

Legend says those sprouts are still there! stinking... evolving.. planning world domination!

Dr_ownape #10 Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:10 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 41563 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View Postmalachi6, on 23 November 2015 - 10:16 PM, said:

If we are being honest about desserts. I'm over 40 and only about a year ago did i finally figure out what Banoffee was made of. 

No lie - genuinly didn't twig until i finally read the description of the dish. My missus still take the P*** every time we see it on the menu.

Tiramisu not for me - Its like a wasted treat. Fudge cake all the way - no ice cream though

ImperialDalek #11 Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16998 battles

If you point about winning or losing you can't read what I wrote.

1- Those reactions above are exactly what I mean for bad playerbase. I'm not here to joke someone or to be unrespectful, I've seen just haters up here. Even Balcora who replied on topic (I can agree about platooning but I invite you to read my first post again. Warthunder have no ranked mm but realistic mode have no assistance and is quite harder not for newbs at all. You can re-enter battle with another tank and resist a push, a bad roll don't ruin your game.) has been very rude.

2- I made a post because I hope to find a better game later, but if all people react like previous answerers I have no faith in it.

3- I didn't complained about winrate: I said I want to play with people at my level. If so probably my winrate will drop but I will feel more entertained, enjoy more the game, beginners will enjoy more the game finding progressive "difficulty" and so on..

4- is just my experience but I found most "pro" gamers like Baldrick (btw if you don't care less don't answer) having fun BECAUSE there are a lot of noobs. I found lot of noobs calling for cheats cause they don't get what they do wrong. Ranked mm could solve this.

5- I'm not here to say "play something else" I'm not endorsing other games. I was a closed beta tester for WOT. I love the game formula and this is the reason I retried to play. And I'm not here to flame like you do but to push WG to take in account what I believe to be an improvement.

So go bashing someone else.

ImperialDalek #12 Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16998 battles

View Postnoscream, on 24 November 2015 - 01:07 AM, said:

Yawn, is this a new story or is it a rehash of failed player seeks easy life in other game.

WOT is not easy for a reason.... and WG still nerf everything for people like you.... and you still moan...

What is the point, enjoy AW / WT or what ever...

I bet you moan there too.

you lost your bet

dc_79 #13 Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11534 battles

View Postwsatnutter, on 23 November 2015 - 11:20 PM, said:

btw

12201battles

see you tomorrow OP

there's a special place in hell for you.

I used to work nightshift over Xmas as a 16 yo boy on sprout harvesters!!!! and its all your fault :( 

unhappy_bunny #14 Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:51 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17760 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostImperialDalek, on 24 November 2015 - 07:14 PM, said:

If you point about winning or losing you can't read what I wrote.

1- Those reactions above are exactly what I mean for bad playerbase. I'm not here to joke someone or to be unrespectful, I've seen just haters up here. Even Balcora who replied on topic (I can agree about platooning but I invite you to read my first post again. Warthunder have no ranked mm but realistic mode have no assistance and is quite harder not for newbs at all. You can re-enter battle with another tank and resist a push, a bad roll don't ruin your game.) has been very rude. 

Well Warthunder is not WoT, so whatever MM it has or doesn't have is irrelevant. That is like comparing chalk and cheese. WoT does not have, nor ever has had, respawning, (except in its occasional Special Modes) and I for one sincerely hope it never does.

2- I made a post because I hope to find a better game later, but if all people react like previous answerers I have no faith in it.

I can understand some people reacting badly to your post as you are proposing significant changes to the game they are happy to play in its current format. It may not be perfect but it is a game I enjoy playing. I know that if the time comes when I do not enjoy it any more, i can leave and find another game. at the moment WoT, with all its faults, suits me nicely. I do not see that I have the right to request changes to a game that is still basically the one I first signed up to, and one that many other players enjoy. I do know that I have the right to make suggestions to the game developers, and I know there is a channel to do that. I also know that this part of the forum is not that channel. 

3- I didn't complained about winrate: I said I want to play with people at my level. If so probably my winrate will drop but I will feel more entertained, enjoy more the game, beginners will enjoy more the game finding progressive "difficulty" and so on..

I can accept your view on this, but I am personally happy with things as they are at the moment. However, you are asking for something that has never been part of the game, that seriously divides opinion, and that WG have repeated stated, will not be part of the game. To bring this up again (I mean just how many times has this subject been raised?) is pointless.

4- is just my experience but I found most "pro" gamers like Baldrick (btw if you don't care less don't answer) having fun BECAUSE there are a lot of noobs. I found lot of noobs calling for cheats cause they don't get what they do wrong. Ranked mm could solve this.

I'm not sure how ranked MM would solve the problem. Noobs would still make the same mistakes, and react the same way. In fact, they would be less likely to learn as they would not have the example of better players to help them learn. 

5- I'm not here to say "play something else" I'm not endorsing other games. I was a closed beta tester for WOT. I love the game formula and this is the reason I retried to play. And I'm not here to flame like you do but to push WG to take in account what I believe to be an improvement.

You are in the wrong place if that is your intention. You need to be putting your suggestions in the correct place. All you achieve by posting here is to stir up players who are unhappy with the format, and to wind up players who are happy with it. 

So go bashing someone else.

Pansenmann #15 Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33514 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Ulfhedinn_ #16 Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:25 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

^ That's a contradiction, Daleks are anything but calm when exterminating, their heads spin around and little lights flash. Actually one of the most uncalming things I've seen was Dalek related, some TV comedy sketch show that had a series in it called Gay Daleks. DON'T search for it on google, it's disturbing.

On topic, hasn't Rampage got respawning? Maybe you'd like Rampage.

ImperialDalek #17 Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:08 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16998 battles

View PostMaxmk6, on 24 November 2015 - 09:25 PM, said:

^ That's a contradiction, Daleks are anything but calm when exterminating, their heads spin around and little lights flash. Actually one of the most uncalming things I've seen was Dalek related, some TV comedy sketch show that had a series in it called Gay Daleks. DON'T search for it on google, it's disturbing.

On topic, hasn't Rampage got respawning? Maybe you'd like Rampage.

+1 for Daleks lore knowledge :P .. feel bad about sexualized Daleks :(

I admit I didn't tried Rampage because when I quitted wasn't at this stage (or wasn't at all, can't remember).

I will give it a try.

Thanks to Unhappy_bunny for a different point of view from an educated person. I wrote here on forum because regular channels are ignored by WG (despite new account I have long story here) and I think that playerbase chit-chat and some think-tank are better indicators if the company start to listen,
I know this is not the proper place to discuss but could be the best to.

Happy Extermination everyone!

Baldrickk #18 Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:22 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29322 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostImperialDalek, on 24 November 2015 - 07:14 PM, said:

At least get my name right.

And I'm so not a pro. I try to play well, but it is still just something I do for fun.

I don't play ESL, or even clan wars, Skirmishes/strongholds, team battles...

As for farming n00bs, my gameplay is more of an enabling style. I scout in my scout tanks, and my mediums, I'll take the attention of enemy tanks and distract or turn them so allies can do damage. I'll travel across the map to go and support the weak flank when I could be cleaning up on the one I've been helping to win.

My win rate is therefore higher than you'd expect from my WN8.

I do better in games with better players on my team, they shoot my spots, they react and support me when I turn/distract enemy tanks etc etc, yet I don't have problems with the MM, out all averages out in the end, no one person gets better MM than anyone else. Biggest effect ranked battles etc would do is to increase the wait time to get into battle.

All of which has absolutely NOTHING to do with my post which was basically pointing out that if all you are posting about is that you haven't been playing the game, and it still doesn't interest you and you are going to go and play other things, we, here on the forum for this game, really don't care that you want to play something else, as evidenced by the number of posts about food in reply (hint, they are taking the Mick).

The are over 7 Billion people not playing this game. We don't come here to hear them say "meh, not for me".

Saying this has nothing to do with being elitist or pro.

Edited by Baldrickk, 25 November 2015 - 01:23 AM.

GoHard_ANIALLATOR #19 Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 36383 battles
  • [FAME] FAME
If ranked MM is implemented then how will WG define if you are good or not? They will not use any of the WNX ratings and I am thankful for that, I dont like them. If they use PR then it will also be totally broken. Winrate wont be accurate...seriously...how could they do it? also what would the game experience be like for somebody like me? I am currently ranked with place 521 of highest WN8 values on the EU server. What if I platoon with people with similar ratings (players like me will always have the highest ratings whichever rating you use). How will we find a match? Do you expect it to fill a game up with unicums? or would you rather have it so that there is 1 super unicum platoon on each team? How will this work late at night when I sometimes play (sometimes I play until 4-5am). I feel like you are just demonstrating problems but not giving any feasible solutions. Something similar to how many people will complain about the government or something with no actual solutions from themselves :P

Another point is that Ranked MM systems don't make the tomatoes improve. The bad players will always be bad because they dont want to be good. Anyone with red stats with an attitude to learn is not a tomato. Somebody with no attitude to learn for me is a waste to this game and I have no time for them. They also will have no time for me if I try to explain to them what they did wrong. It is VERY easy to improve at this game. Ranked MM will not make those who do not want to improve, improve.

K_A #20 Posted 25 November 2015 - 10:40 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13577 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postwsatnutter, on 23 November 2015 - 10:20 PM, said:

btw

12201 battles

see you tomorrow OP

12219 now. Guess he didn't quit even after his oh-so-menacing pep talk about how he can't get 80% winrate because he definitely is so much better than others that he feels he deserves at least a minimum 75%:rolleyes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users