After quiting WoT for a few months

quit lame

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Superbboy #1 Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 36594 battles

I dont miss it one bit. Havent even looked at the game since summer and after taking a look on this forum i see WG has done nothing.

There is still:

- Illegal "legal" mods

- Unsportsmanship bans for no reason

- [Edit]

- Unchanged arty

- Hate for all the top players

Ive been playing lots of other games i missed in these few years and the unicum hate is the one thats the most idiotic to me. There is almost no other game where top players get flamed and looked down upon so much. They are always the example of playing which "normal" people are trying to achieve or just watch in awe. But even the worst tomato in WoT will hate unicums for whatever reason, let alone other [Edit].

This hate was connected with UC bans which was one of the main reasons i quit beside illegal mods (which is just a nicer word for a straight up cheat program...)

The most funny thing was when i contacted support in an other online game and I was really surprised that I got an answer in 30 minutes. From a real human and his answer actually solved my problem! Something I didnt experince in WoT for 3 years.

Dont get me wrong I liked the game very much, but WG turned it to complete crap in 1 year by not adressing the problems. At least the graphics are nice now right?

Edited by LordAxalon, 26 November 2015 - 05:57 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.

Dr_ownape #2 Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:02 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 42758 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

graphics - snigger - no

BelizariusCZ #3 Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 135 battles

View PostSuperbboy, on 26 November 2015 - 02:53 PM, said:

[...]
But even the worst tomato in WoT will hate unicums for whatever reason, let alone other vegetables.

Calling other people "names" like tomatos/vegetables will issue negativity towards you. Who would have guesed that?

Superbboy #4 Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:24 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 36594 battles

View PostBelizariusCZ, on 26 November 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

Calling other people "names" like tomatos/vegetables will issue negativity towards you. Who would have guesed that?

Because it is a well accepted term in WoT for years now? I wouldnt even call it negative, believe me if I would try to insult anyone tomato is the last word id use.

vixu #5 Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:40 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 42356 battles

View PostSuperbboy, on 26 November 2015 - 03:53 PM, said:

I dont miss it one bit. 

Yes, you do. Otherwise, you would not be here.

Slyspy #6 Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14194 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postvixu, on 26 November 2015 - 04:40 PM, said:

Yes, you do. Otherwise, you would not be here.

Lol, true.

pitypanggg #7 Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:50 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35310 battles

Frankly wot does not really make as a deep impression as other games does. The only thing that could get you back (and in my case did) imho is friends still playing the game. I did not take a look, after a couple of days not even forum until a rl friend asked me to go platoon with him. Another month or two and I would have pretty much forgotten wot completely. Kind of how Diablo III gets me sticked to the computer way less than Diablo I or II. Even now. Even though the better graphics and whatnot. Simply did not hit the real sweat spot of mine.

Edit: although I did think I would miss WOT if I stopped. But actually no. Did not miss it one bit.

Edited by pitypanggg, 26 November 2015 - 04:50 PM.

Superbboy #8 Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 36594 battles

Nah im just a little bored and lazy at the moment so I said to myself, lets see what has WG done in the meantime. Then I hear something about 1-shotting jap tanks or something and i loled.

@pitypanggg I have friends playing this too, they are convincing me to return but for me this story has ended

Edited by Superbboy, 26 November 2015 - 04:54 PM.

SuedKAT #9 Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Ive been playing lots of other games i missed in these few years and the unicum hate is the one thats the most idiotic to me. There is almost no other game where top players get flamed and looked down upon so much. 

As a former "unicum" WoW and Rift player with quite a few "world firsts" under my "belt" I can think of plenty of games where this is the case, the difference in WoT compared to those is that you can get banned for it and just about anything in WoT. I was the first rank 14 (highest rank available at the time) warlock on my WoW server, the hate and accusations of "hacking" I received was amazing, I've seen the same thing in all MMO's I've played over the years and that's quite a few, so no WoT is not unique in that respect.

pitypanggg #10 Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:07 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35310 battles

View PostSuedKAT, on 26 November 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

As a former "unicum" WoW and Rift player with quite a few "world firsts" under my "belt" I can think of plenty of games where this is the case, the difference in WoT compared to those is that you can get banned for it and just about anything in WoT. I was the first rank 14 (highest rank available at the time) warlock on my WoW server, the hate and accusations of "hacking" I received was amazing, I've seen the same thing in all MMO's I've played over the years and that's quite a few, so no WoT is not unique in that respect.

I would more like say you meet players out of your league less in other games. There are nice little tricks in other games as well (like in mentioned WoW), but chances are your opponents know most of the ones you do as well. Or learn the 1-2 you show them real fast. While in WoT the very best are pitted against the ones who did not even get to understand that green tanks are his own team, and red ones are the enemy, and it is not a last man standing deathmatch.

SuedKAT #11 Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:14 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postpitypanggg, on 26 November 2015 - 05:07 PM, said:

I would more like say you meet players out of your league less in other games. There are nice little tricks in other games as well (like in mentioned WoW), but chances are your opponents know most of the ones you do as well. Or learn the 1-2 you show them real fast. While in WoT the very best are pitted against the ones who did not even get to understand that green tanks are his own team, and red ones are the enemy, and it is not a last man standing deathmatch.

Yeah that's true, I was rank 14 at the time, with full PvP gear up against people with various gear and experience, there were no ranked matches or leagues at the time like it is now. So in a sense I had a fully equipped tank with a 6 skilled crew, knew the maps and mechanics and were up against newbies, which is what can happen in WoT today and the same hacking accusations occur due to it.

Jigabachi #12 Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Block Quote

Ive been playing lots of other games i missed in these few years and the unicum hate is the one thats the most idiotic to me. There is almost no other game where top players get flamed and looked down upon so much.

What do you expect?

There is quite a difference between being a topplayer in a game where it's really all down to skill and being a topplayer in a game that - due to a quite broken and biased balance - offers a massive lot of things to abuse and to pad your stats with. (Which still requites skill, of course.)

And to be honest... the topplayers that aren't just statspadders or rerolls are quite rare these days. 

Block Quote

The most funny thing was when i contacted support in an other online game and I was really surprised that I got an answer in 30 minutes. From a real human and his answer actually solved my problem! Something I didnt experince in WoT for 3 years.

If you have technical problems or some sort of game error, the support is quite helpful. And sometimes they even answer without using c&p test!

Block Quote

This hate was connected with UC bans which was one of the main reasons i quit beside illegal mods (which is just a nicer word for a straight up cheat program...)

Yupp. Didn't get banned yet and won't get banned in the future (I guess), but the intransparent report/banning system and the chaotic and plain rediculous situation regarding mods are just two of the things that keep me from giving any money to that company.

Edited by Jigabachi, 26 November 2015 - 05:39 PM.

pitypanggg #13 Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35310 battles

View PostSuedKAT, on 26 November 2015 - 05:14 PM, said:

Yeah that's true, I was rank 14 at the time, with full PvP gear up against people with various gear and experience, there were no ranked matches or leagues at the time like it is now. So in a sense I had a fully equipped tank with a 6 skilled crew, knew the maps and mechanics and were up against newbies, which is what can happen in WoT today and the same hacking accusations occur due to it.

I played wow when it had ranked arena already. But I did know quite some tricks. Played resto shaman with warr teammate, and just the skill of warr to rush to teammate could make a lot of cheat accusations, since you can run behind cover while he is running at you, and you pull him into cover as well at super high speed. Or when hunter gets close to healer they almost always (at least in my bracket) did it to daze the healer, and then put freezing trap below him, but warr intervening gets the freeze instead of the healer (and works on rogue sap as well for example, or I used rocket gloves when it was introduced to get into combat at long range if rouges teammate was not stealther); jump away from a warr when he is charging you, you get the 1,5 sec or whatever stunn, but if you get it in the air you still fly away from him, getting out of his reach, and shorten the stun advantage etc. When someone was playing with others account or just got invited to a team above their skill level they did accuse us of cheating for such things, same as in wot for a lot of things. (or mages doing the deathzone kite vs warriors.. newbs did not know there is a range where they can not do anything at all)

Edited by pitypanggg, 26 November 2015 - 05:52 PM.

Eviscerador #14 Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11301 battles

There is almost no other game where top players get flamed and looked down upon so much. 

That is because there is no other game where you don't have match making AND you can load a mod which tells you WHO in the enemy team is above average, and also tell the usual boasting kid about how good he is so he can boast and wave his e-[edited]in front of all people in the forums and game.

I'm not saying that unicums are all like that, but some of them are, we all know them, and of course the rest of the good players suffer the consequences.

On the other side, I returned to the game after 8 month hiatus and I have to say that I'm impressed with the good changes. There are still things that I don't like, but they introduced a lot of stuff that makes the game more interesting.

LordAxalon #15 Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:58 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11141 battles
  • [MIND] MIND
Moved Topic to Off Topic section as there's a your discussing a lot of none WG games

Kind Regards
LordAxalon

tigerstreak #16 Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:08 AM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 23512 battles
  • [BL33T] BL33T

View PostSuperbboy, on 27 November 2015 - 04:53 AM, said:

I dont miss it one bit. Havent even looked at the game since summer and after taking a look on this forum i see WG has done nothing.

There is still:

- Illegal "legal" mods

- Unsportsmanship bans for no reason

- [Edit]

- Unchanged arty

Ive been playing lots of other games i missed in these few years and the unicum hate is the one thats the most idiotic to me. There is almost no other game where top players get flamed and looked down upon so much. They are always the example of playing which "normal" people are trying to achieve or just watch in awe. But even the worst tomato in WoT will hate unicums for whatever reason, let alone other [Edit].

Dont get me wrong I liked the game very much, but WG turned it to complete crap in 1 year by not adressing the problems. At least the graphics are nice now right?

i guess when they get U$250mil/year, they arent forced change it?

If they had an interest, in listening to players who arent on ru server, 

They also might improve game play.

Are they swamped? Lazy? Too poor to afford more support? Not skilled enough to recognise problems or carryout solutions?

Looking that the game is almost through its 5yr cycle

+planning on ending the game?

Edited by tigerstreak, 05 December 2015 - 09:10 AM.

Alabamatick #17 Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:51 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31849 battles

Well i miss my favouite tonks, one thing i don't miss tho are the maps, which is the main reason i stopped

the last day i played was the day after the DMAX challenge, (i got the end date wrong and missed out:facepalm:), played 2 matches first one overlord in tiger 1 about 2.5k damage, died but won, second match my eyes rolled at map loading, (pearl river in jagdpanther) just over 1.3k and 2 kills survived and won turned off and haven't played since

Edit: spelling

Edited by Alabamatick, 09 December 2015 - 01:12 AM.

Also tagged with quit, lame

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users