hall of fame 95% share yours

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

L0ddy #1 Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:04 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 77528 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

Just manage to grab my 3rd M.O.E ring on my little Crusader, what a blast this tank is!

A fabulous little scout, plays very much like the Chaffee, although acceleration & gun accuracy could be better, and alpha damage could be a little higher.

Unsure whether to keep him/her, but if i do, i'll need a name!

1200 damage/spotting per game on average:)

Pop the kettle on!

:)

Edit:

Hall of Fame created, share yours!!

:honoring:

Edited by L0ddy, 22 January 2017 - 04:14 PM.

Neandramathal #2 Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35783 battles

Congratulations and welcome to the crusader club!

Think this was my first 3MOE tank, Incredibly fun despite sadly being outclassed by the T67 in pretty much every way, I don't play it as much as I used to but it's still sitting in my garage!

Grimsley #3 Posted 28 November 2015 - 02:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3710 battles
  • [U_WOT] U_WOT

This is also my 1st 3 MOE tank so far.

Not sure I'd call it a scout though. It doesn't have the camo of the AMX or the view range of the Chaffee for example, nor scout MM. It's more like a medium with light tank moving camo to me.

Edited by Grimsley, 28 November 2015 - 02:24 PM.

EightRoundsRapid #4 Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:59 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24716 battles

Congrats! That's no mean feat. I spent ages going back and forth between high 80's and low 90's before finally getting mine, and it's the WOT achievement I value more than any other..

I'd be interested to know how you did so well spotting on Fiery Salient. Do you sit in 'that' bush at the midline on the west flank, or active spot the mid-ridge, or patrol the hill? I can generally get a big haul in spotting damage on Malinovka, but I don't really know how to repeat that on Prok/FS.

Even more impressed that you managed to do so without any crew camo skills. As a gun tank I find that really it only has a RoF advantage and not much else going for it. There is significantly more potential for huge scores by spotting, and that's where for me the Crusader transforms from being a relatively weak light-medium to being an OP light that can win games; more so than, for example, the T67, at least in my hands.

L0ddy #5 Posted 01 December 2015 - 06:16 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 77528 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

View PostEightRoundsRapid, on 01 December 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

Congrats! That's no mean feat. I spent ages going back and forth between high 80's and low 90's before finally getting mine, and it's the WOT achievement I value more than any other..

I'd be interested to know how you did so well spotting on Fiery Salient. Do you sit in 'that' bush at the midline on the west flank, or active spot the mid-ridge, or patrol the hill? I can generally get a big haul in spotting damage on Malinovka, but I don't really know how to repeat that on Prok/FS.

Even more impressed that you managed to do so without any crew camo skills. As a gun tank I find that really it only has a RoF advantage and not much else going for it. There is significantly more potential for huge scores by spotting, and that's where for me the Crusader transforms from being a relatively weak light-medium to being an OP light that can win games; more so than, for example, the T67, at least in my hands.

thanks m8 :)

yes, it's that bush at e1, however if the enemy have stronk scouts and/or an e25 then i hang back & wait in the bush a little further back at d1 and see what comes. I rarely if ever scout in the middle, it's just too dangerous.

if you play encounter mode, then the bushes on the hill at e0 overlooking the flag are useful too.

malinovka standard e3 from the west spawn is one of the best, gradually moving toward to e4 using bushes as cover, but you are most likely aware of this anyway:)

EightRoundsRapid #6 Posted 01 December 2015 - 08:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24716 battles

Yep. The bushes down the west side of the lake give the best passive spotting locations in the game as far as I am concerned. I usually head directly for the E4 bush (or it's mirror bush at G6 when spawning from the south), then work my way forward to 'the' bush at F6. I even managed to finish LT13 for the StuG playing solo by going direct to that middle bush, but that's risky and when I tried it again today I got caught and killed early.

That's the difficulty with the Crusader - too slow to reliably get into a good forward location. On the other hand, I'm always amazed by how I can get mine into that middle bush on Malinovka without being spotted. You have to cross a few metres of open ground, but my camo always seems to hold up. I learned recently that I can even shoot from that bush and remain undetected, which is how I got LT13. But my crew has 100% camo skills, which is why I was impressed that you did so well, especially in a tier VII battle with their better view ranges, without this.

Malinovka is head and shoulders above the rest my favourite map, and in encounter mode there's an equally OP passive spotting location just east of the lake on the ridge-line at D7 (usable from either spawn) that can, with a good team, also wreck the enemy almost from the get-go (that's how I finally got my 3rd MoE).

I've read that Prok/FS is the other great scouting map, but I can't make scouting in my Crusader work reliably on that one, which is another reason why I'm impressed that you did so well spotting there; better than I normally manage to do on that map.

Edit: corrected grid ref for passive spot location in encounter

Edited by EightRoundsRapid, 02 December 2015 - 07:30 PM.

Neandramathal #7 Posted 01 December 2015 - 08:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35783 battles

Prok/FS is the second best spotting map after Malinovka imo, but only really if you get the north spawn due to that bush (and tbh the hill has better spotting capability from north too). It's still very much pot luck though as to how far down the 1-2 line the enemy come, even at T5 it's possible to get several thousand spotting on those maps if the enemy play quite aggressive and have several tanks there... if they have nothing however, you can be sat there for a long time wondering whether they are simply too well hidden or simply not there.

Malinovka is one of the best maps all around if there is 0/1 arty at any tier imo, but at mid/low tiers it's simply better all around, you can use so much more of the map when everyone has a shorter view range.

L0ddy #8 Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:32 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 77528 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

View PostEightRoundsRapid, on 01 December 2015 - 07:18 PM, said:

I've read that Prok/FS is the other great scouting map, but I can't make scouting in my Crusader work reliably on that one, which is another reason why I'm impressed that you did so well spotting there; better than I normally manage to do on that map.

if i manage to get to e1 alive and unspotted i sit right on the edge of the red boundary line, just behind a dense bush (which blocks enemy scout from spotting you), I inch forward until i'm able to see through the bushes at 10 o clock and to your left there's a bush which hides you from scouts at the center ridge. takes a little practice to get there quickly and settled with minimum fuss, but at that point it's up to your team to roll forward and support your position. oh, and NEVER fire from here, no matter how tempting:teethhappy:

it's dangerous and risky, but can be very rewarding. completed stug, t28htc & t55 LT missions from this position.

EightRoundsRapid #9 Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24716 battles
Thanks. I knew about that bush, but details like that help a lot. I'll give it a try next time I get that map.

SirDixie #10 Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17386 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I've joined the club as well, my 2nd three mark tank after the Firefly :)  I've been hovering around the 90-93% mark for a few months, I came close a while back but never got there and got a bit discouraged, finally got there tonight after a few good games in the last 2 days. Almost 2k damage on mines and a similar amount on Prok and I'm there.

L0ddy #11 Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:50 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 77528 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

Nice one SirDixie, welcome to the Crusader club!:honoring:

I have a Firefly fully loaded & waiting for it's turn on the moe grind:)

SirDixie #12 Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17386 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I actually had fun getting my 3rd mark on the Firefly, much easier than I found getting the 3rd on the Crusader.

VigJ #13 Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20450 battles
  • [DDDK] DDDK

First time no love , i was happy to sell it for the cromwell.

Second time, got i for the personal missions, and i love it.

Only 125 games to get the third stipe.

My favorite tier 5 tank bar none.

Crew are now on their second skill.

Stevie_Ray_Vaughan #14 Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14177 battles
  • [W__F] W__F

Got my first stripe after only 28 games, now well underway for the 2nd.

Instant love with this thing, ROF is insane and where I feel the Cromwell is too fast for my thinking and reacting, the Crusader fits it perfectly.

In the endgame, circling a t7 heavy to death is so much fun :)

Stevie_Ray_Vaughan #15 Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14177 battles
  • [W__F] W__F

And after 159 games :D

My first tank with 2 MoE, isnt she beautiful:

ThrowawayPracticeAccount #16 Posted 13 May 2016 - 09:38 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9860 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

Crusader? Scout? :serb: Anyway, on topic:

Free XP'd to the elite Crusader to get the Cromwell, 75% crew. 0/10 would not grind again. Eblola gun handling and slower than a Fatton. Out-DPM'd by a T-34. Only thing good about it is the extremely abusable gun depression from the side. Oh, and the APCR round is kind of nice, if it actually hits.

perjantaina #17 Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:03 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10635 battles
  • [-00-] -00-

Been howering in 89-91. 92%2nd skills - vents, binos, gld.

Rammer is IMO quite useless as you miss quite alot, gld syncs with the base reload.

Now

2 Qs

Should I go BIA when reset possible? so -

6th,BIA - camo

camo,bia - snapshot

camo,bia - smooth

or

6th,camo - SA

camo,(reset to designated target?), snapshot - repairs

camo, smooth - clutch

and where do you land your first shot oh you 3mark masters?

15JG52Brauer #18 Posted 09 July 2016 - 06:05 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 68136 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
Bought it back for the 2nd time recenltey (last time moe's weren't a thing) - spent a bit of time working up a 2 skill crew and bam - yesterday got the 3rd mark. Reminded myself how much I loved this little beast when it first came out-but sold it  to get the cromwell- then got it back 1 more time then sold it to put crew elsewhere - now back as a keeper as I have technical engineer - so all tanks now are just for fun until the next new line ;-)

15JG52Brauer #19 Posted 09 July 2016 - 06:11 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 68136 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
I was running Vents, Binos and Camo net as spotting was critical to getting the 3rd mark for me - up to 2nd gun mark crew had cammo, +1 skills - going for 3rd my commander had 6th, BIA + 55% camo - rest had BIA + 75-85% camo - used pudding and tea once I got to 94% on the moe to push me over the 95% hump :-)

L0ddy #20 Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:35 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 77528 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

View Postperjantaina, on 26 June 2016 - 05:03 AM, said:

Been howering in 89-91. 92%2nd skills - vents, binos, gld.

Rammer is IMO quite useless as you miss quite alot, gld syncs with the base reload.

Now

2 Qs

Should I go BIA when reset possible? so -

6th,BIA - camo

camo,bia - snapshot

camo,bia - smooth

or

6th,camo - SA

camo,(reset to designated target?), snapshot - repairs

camo, smooth - clutch

and where do you land your first shot oh you 3mark masters?

Ideally, as a scout, you want vision & camo as a top priority. For 3 marking any light tank vision is the key, that's why I chose binos & optics, the rest depends on how you play lights, either passive or active scouting. The Crusader is not one of the most mobile light tanks out there, so I was mostly passive. Maybe the mobility could be increased with 105 gas & off road driver skill.

good luck grabbing that 3rd ring!

View Post15JG52Brauer, on 09 July 2016 - 05:05 AM, said:

Bought it back for the 2nd time recenltey (last time moe's weren't a thing) - spent a bit of time working up a 2 skill crew and bam - yesterday got the 3rd mark. Reminded myself how much I loved this little beast when it first came out-but sold it  to get the cromwell- then got it back 1 more time then sold it to put crew elsewhere - now back as a keeper as I have technical engineer - so all tanks now are just for fun until the next new line ;-)

congrats! :great:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users