Why Exclude 90% of the player base for the campaign?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

7LV #1 Posted 29 November 2015 - 07:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18241 battles

Why Exclude 90% of the player base for the campaign?

WG what is the point of the Campaign? if you exclude 90% of the player base.

With only 10% of the actual player base playing CW Campaign do you feel you are doing something wrong WG?

Because if you don't then like an ostrich your head is in the sand again.

HF playing 10% of the actual player base.. in CW4

FireflyDivision #2 Posted 29 November 2015 - 08:22 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23773 battles
  • [L-REM] L-REM

I'm sorry but I don't understand your point. CW is an extra game mode. People can decide themselves whether they want to play it or not. Alot of players appearently are not interested. There are stages of three different tiers allowing all kind of players to participate. If you don't like the fact that not all participants will win a tank, then remember that that's how a competition works. However, with 11k prizes, even many of the players who aren't part of very good clans can win tanks.

Cobra6 #3 Posted 30 November 2015 - 09:57 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

What is stopping you to join a clan and participating? If your clan decides to not participate or is not good enough, find a different one.

After 4 years of being clanless I decided to start joining clans August last year and have been greatly enjoying it. It actually reignited the flame again for me with this game in general.

It's nice to be able to participate in COORDINATED teamplay occasionally to unwind from the hordes of brainless players that plague random games.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 30 November 2015 - 09:58 AM.

Azusa_right_in_the_pusah #4 Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23616 battles

Why do people like this still exist? , I mean ... i can't get inside your thinking process but you have to have missed something.

EVERYONE can participate .. if they don't have time or don't want to .. then they don't play. It's that simple

I don't understand why this is a problem for you

Cobra 6 ehm..

Azusa_

T_I_G_E_R_S #5 Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:49 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 50815 battles

What I don`t find fair is the "top clans" have players that do the minimum 15 battles and are guaranteed a tank thanks to the players in the clan that put the effort in whereas players in average clans that put in 100+ battles get nothing

Not mentioning any clans but there are a lot of them that do this you only have to look at the stats to see

Its about time WG remove this "perk" and award tanks for those that put in the effort

DosMetros #6 Posted 21 December 2015 - 11:21 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 24068 battles

View PostT_I_G_E_R_S, on 20 December 2015 - 11:49 PM, said:

What I don`t find fair is the "top clans" have players that do the minimum 15 battles and are guaranteed a tank thanks to the players in the clan that put the effort in whereas players in average clans that put in 100+ battles get nothing

Not mentioning any clans but there are a lot of them that do this you only have to look at the stats to see

Its about time WG remove this "perk" and award tanks for those that put in the effort

The clan should get the reward. How they distribute it should be up to them. This is to promote a common goal for the clan, and to avoid in-clan fighting for fap points. Tanks ARE awarded to those that "put in the effort" as demonstrated by the 7000ish (?) tanks being distributed outside the top 50. Your sense of entitlement in a competition is something I will never understand.

p0st #7 Posted 21 December 2015 - 11:29 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21522 battles
  • [GOT] GOT

Isn't this the same as in real life? You either go to college (L2P) and get a good salary (get in a top clan) or you don't, and end up working at a minimum wage :p

Of course this is just an example to put things in perspective. I'm far from a unicum player, but when I heard about the upcoming campaign I went out and found a clan that had dedicated people there to put in the effort and enthusiasm to go for it. And as expected we didn't end up in the Top 50, but because we played all stages some of us got enough fame to get in to the top 8k’ish.

So is it a lot more effort if you’re not a unicum player or in a top clan? Definitely! But it’s far from impossible, just put in the effort, find yourself a clan that is willing to participate and you have a good shot at winning a tank!

Prinzessin_Lilafee #8 Posted 21 December 2015 - 11:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 15232 battles
  • [AWSM] AWSM

If you play in a "Team" this is common. For example, as a reserve player in a footbal team, you could be World Cup winner even if you made 0 games.;)

SirKnumskull #9 Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:41 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18198 battles
  • [LDMA] LDMA

View PostT_I_G_E_R_S, on 21 December 2015 - 12:49 AM, said:

So what you want is participation reward instead of a price in a competition. You should look out for the next tank marathon if that is your thing, if you want to get something from CW you should maybe practice a bit. 

Mr_Deo #10 Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40257 battles
  • [ESAF] ESAF

View PostDosMetros, on 21 December 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

The clan should get the reward. How they distribute it should be up to them. This is to promote a common goal for the clan, and to avoid in-clan fighting for fap points. Tanks ARE awarded to those that "put in the effort" as demonstrated by the 7000ish (?) tanks being distributed outside the top 50. Your sense of entitlement in a competition is something I will never understand.

​Both of you guys are correct really.

When clans use sub-par players who are pals and put them in for 15 to just win awards, its wrong.

When clans have top-notch players who are sitting in reserve because the clan can field a better mix, then it is not wrong.

The argument works both ways.

While it is unfair on the lower ranks, It is not unfair overall.  The only other way WG could do it is to make it all personal fame point based.  That could then cause hassle because top clans would probably just split up during these events and join back afterwards... There is no real way to win.

On a side note... Sub-Par player here who is looking to play in next clanwars with a top team, only wanting to play 15 matches, k-thx-bye

HS5 #11 Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16528 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP

Why do you believe that top clans would keep "sub-par" players just to get them tanks, what would they benefit from it? Of course some clans might have some players that are there for other reason that they are good players, but there is still always a reason, and they might be valuable to clan in some other way. I'm sure you will get into a good clan if you have something to offer them, be it being a good player or something else. 

I think that distributing tanks to whole clan is good choice, makes it combined effort instead of fighting for individual fame. However, there should be some extra reward for placing high inside top 50. Now it really did not matter if you were 4th(or even 1st, except it would be nice of course :) ) or 50th and that made it quite boring in the later stage of campaign.

_DynamicGameplay_ #12 Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42709 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF
Hey, at least you get a medal for participation, so you are not walking out empty handed! :medal:

Greg22 #13 Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 39361 battles

View PostT_I_G_E_R_S, on 21 December 2015 - 02:49 AM, said:

Dude are you of this planet?? As you said, those guys who put in 100+ games are almost certain that they will get a reward tank, regardless the clan position in rankings. There are still 6000+ tank rewards for personal fame points so don't whine. The current campaign system awards all who put the effort but bare in mind that this is still a competition. That means you actually have to win a few battles so build a nice set of skills and keep trying. On the other hand, don't forget that the elo ranking system fixes the odds and your clan can face opponents with similar standards. Those clans on top 50 or top 100 play with their peers so what's to worry about? Its not easy you know when you have to face clans like NOS or OM or FAME or 3XR !!! Your task is much easier........please concentrate better next time and try to win some games. 

Edited by Greg22, 21 December 2015 - 05:37 PM.

7LV #14 Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18241 battles

View PostFireflyDivision, on 29 November 2015 - 07:22 PM, said:

I'm sorry but I don't understand your point. CW is an extra game mode. People can decide themselves whether they want to play it or not. Alot of players appearently are not interested. There are stages of three different tiers allowing all kind of players to participate. If you don't like the fact that not all participants will win a tank, then remember that that's how a competition works. However, with 11k prizes, even many of the players who aren't part of very good clans can win tanks.

I ask a question and get the expected answer, I wait for the day WOT CW has 11K players max and they all get the tank for playing....

There is no way to discus this on this forum... all you get is it's for the best and anyone playing WOT can try, but anyone can not....

anyway, thank you for the replies....

Gremlin182 #15 Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:42 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46572 battles

While I do find it annoying when there is an event or mission that isnt doable solo in random games its not unreasonable.

Its as illogical as complaining that a mission for German tanks only is unfair because you do not play them.

I play randoms only because I hate spending time not actually playing, the organised parts of the game involve just that organising planning talking discussing tactics and its not why I am in this game.

But thats a limitation I have put on myself Im happy others are able and want to take part.

If it became obvious that the random games were being totally ignored and all effort was going elsewhere then I would have something to complain about.

Its happened in other games.

Greg22 #16 Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 39361 battles

View PostHS5, on 21 December 2015 - 07:10 PM, said:

Why do you believe that top clans would keep "sub-par" players just to get them tanks, what would they benefit from it? Of course some clans might have some players that are there for other reason that they are good players, but there is still always a reason, and they might be valuable to clan in some other way. I'm sure you will get into a good clan if you have something to offer them, be it being a good player or something else. 

I think that distributing tanks to whole clan is good choice, makes it combined effort instead of fighting for individual fame. However, there should be some extra reward for placing high inside top 50. Now it really did not matter if you were 4th(or even 1st, except it would be nice of course :) ) or 50th and that made it quite boring in the later stage of campaign.

"Sub-par" ACTIVE players are good for farming Influence through Stronghold skirmishes. EVERYBODY can fulfill a role inside a clan regardless the WN8 as long as he or she is committed to the cause of a clan. You need Influence to bid for provinces in auction on the global map. Do you think its easy to gather Influence?? Don't take into account only the amount of CW games a player was able to play during campaign and get the reward. Behind the scenes every player who belong in top clan busted their guts for a month to help their clan to be competitive on global map. Please don't simplify things. Its a campaign of endurance really and the award we get its perfectly justified.

Good luck and have fun on the battlefield.   

Edited by Greg22, 21 December 2015 - 06:05 PM.

Unkel_Dolan #17 Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:10 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 25466 battles
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN

View Postnoscream, on 21 December 2015 - 05:40 PM, said:

I ask a question and get the expected answer, I wait for the day WOT CW has 11K players max and they all get the tank for playing....

There is no way to discus this on this forum... all you get is it's for the best and anyone playing WOT can try, but anyone can not....

anyway, thank you for the replies....

you don't need to be in a top clan to get rewards. our clan doesn't play CW outside of campaigns, we have no stat requirement so our teams have some purple, blue, green, yellow together. all you have to do is spam landings. your clan didn't get tanks because your most active player only played 72 battles in the campaign. just play more

T_I_G_E_R_S #18 Posted 21 December 2015 - 11:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 50815 battles

View PostGreg22, on 21 December 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

Dude are you of this planet?? As you said, those guys who put in 100+ games are almost certain that they will get a reward tank, regardless the clan position in rankings. There are still 6000+ tank rewards for personal fame points so don't whine. The current campaign system awards all who put the effort but bare in mind that this is still a competition. That means you actually have to win a few battles so build a nice set of skills and keep trying. On the other hand, don't forget that the elo ranking system fixes the odds and your clan can face opponents with similar standards. Those clans on top 50 or top 100 play with their peers so what's to worry about? Its not easy you know when you have to face clans like NOS or OM or FAME or 3XR !!! Your task is much easier........please concentrate better next time and try to win some games. 

surprise surprise somebody with 21 battles and guaranteed a tank is against my comment......

Unkel_Dolan #19 Posted 21 December 2015 - 11:46 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 25466 battles
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN

View PostT_I_G_E_R_S, on 21 December 2015 - 11:32 PM, said:

surprise surprise somebody with 21 battles and guaranteed a tank is against my comment......

the current system is good. top clans have a lot of activity and have to fight for campaign objectives, in these conditions it's difficult to also have to manage individual fame points for 100 people in high stakes games. the minimum amount of games could be raised to 25 (~1 game per day in the campaign) but the system is fair enough.

small clans don't have to care about objectives, all they need to do is spam applications on the weakest landings to farm easy points. it's easier to rotate players with high/low points when you're fighting a 900 elo clan in a landing tournament, it's something else when you're fighting a top clan for a key province

FireflyDivision #20 Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:17 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23773 battles
  • [L-REM] L-REM

My clan didn't win many tanks this time (just 10 tanks I think). Now, we could try to blame it on the campaign rules, or we could think about what we, ourselves, might have done wrong. 

We simply didn't perform well enough. And obviously, we are not going to win a competition if we don't perform well. It is not WG's fault that our scout isolated himself and made himself an easy target for instance. If we want to win more tanks next time, we have to put in some effort in order to improve. And that is exactly what we are doing now. We can't make mistakes each CW battle and expect to win tanks. 

So far, the efforts have had a positive effect. While playing skirmishes today, I noticed that people were focusing their fire better and were even shielding each other. The survivability of our light tanks also seems to improve.

So... if you're in a clan which didn't win many tanks, then please think. Were the campaign rules really the problem, or was it perhaps something else? I don't know the answer for your clan. That's something you as a clan should decide. I'm just pointing out that there is perhaps more behind it than just the campaign rules. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users