Pz I C - matchmaking?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

grubbyjohn #1 Posted 02 December 2015 - 03:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18948 battles

Hey all

Go easy on me, it's my first post on the forum :-)

Is it my imagination, or is the Pz I C getting much worse matchmaking than before? Nowadays it seems that when I'm driving this tank I usually end up in a Tier V game where I can't do much damage, if any, to enemy meds and heavies. I don't remember seeing anything in any recent release notes about the Pz I C's mm being changed though.

Any thoughts?

Edited by grubbyjohn, 02 December 2015 - 03:32 PM.

PointZero #2 Posted 02 December 2015 - 04:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45836 battles

I'm guessing people who used to enjoy low tier gameplay have moved up to middle tiers after the new "improved" map rotation got introduced and playing low tiers is a nonstop Himmelsdorf - Ruinberg with occational Mines map. So there are a lot more people playing tier V's and the Matchmaker ends up putting you in those games.

Also with the latest patch everyones favorite tier II sealcubber got turned into an artillery piece so that could also limit the number of players at tier III.

grubbyjohn #3 Posted 02 December 2015 - 05:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18948 battles

Yeah, that could be it... I sold my long-time keeper Cruiser III because I couldn't face another visit to that absurd Mittengard travesty.

Thanks for the heads-up!

iuytr #4 Posted 07 August 2016 - 06:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11665 battles
I didn't play tank for while but when recent gift tank I thought I go seal club. But I only get tier 3-5 games now. Is changed yes.

Edited by iuytr, 07 August 2016 - 06:52 PM.

Orkbert #5 Posted 07 August 2016 - 07:22 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27608 battles

Also partly due to the 'newbie protection'

I don't know the exact specifics (and WG won't tell ;)) but according to them up to battle tier III the MM nowadays tries to avoid putting beginners with only few battles together with us gritted veterans, which in return probably means that those who don't benefit from the protection will get a 'worse' MM balance (battle tier III is full with protected newbies, so we others get lobbed into tier IV and V)

Of course given the [edited] map rotation at tier III and lower this ain't too much of a disadvantage in my opinion.

Dorander #6 Posted 30 October 2016 - 06:26 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 21025 battles
I play a few battles in my Pz1C every day 'cause it's just so much fun. If I get a tier V battle, I go full scout mode and hope my team can aim. The Pz1C has a good viewrange, in fact it has awesome viewrange for its tier, and is the fastest tank in the game that I know of. Swerving over the battlefield at 70 kp/h while spotting everything that tries to fire at you... I frequently end up earning the most xp with 0 damage. I seldomly get a game where I go "Ugh, I can't really do anything here"... only time that happened was tier V Abbey map and I was the only tier 3 on my team, and even that turned out alright.

iuytr #7 Posted 30 October 2016 - 07:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11665 battles

View PostDorander, on 30 October 2016 - 06:26 PM, said:

Swerving over the battlefield at 70 kp/h while spotting everything that tries to fire at you.

Is not my perceive! I used to play that always and was like you say. SLowly did change about 6 months ago and now I get shot very quickly even speed swerving :mellow: I think is mod, but then people post "yes I can shoot like that I am expert". But I believe not that players in tiers 2-5 skill set so drastic omprovement and can hit small fast tank. I think is definitely mod.

I now play like sniper :D Is only way to have long game.

Edited by iuytr, 30 October 2016 - 07:32 PM.

Marlekin #8 Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:10 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33483 battles

View Postiuytr, on 30 October 2016 - 07:32 PM, said:

I think is definitely mod.

More likely due to the spotting mechanic changes. 

Dorander #9 Posted 30 October 2016 - 10:11 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View Postiuytr, on 30 October 2016 - 06:32 PM, said:

Is not my perceive! I used to play that always and was like you say. SLowly did change about 6 months ago and now I get shot very quickly even speed swerving :mellow: I think is mod, but then people post "yes I can shoot like that I am expert". But I believe not that players in tiers 2-5 skill set so drastic omprovement and can hit small fast tank. I think is definitely mod.

I now play like sniper :D Is only way to have long game.

There is indeed a cheat that aims like that for you, but always keep in mind there are also players with experience who play in lower tiers who can aim well. Also, sometimes you just get unlucky. I've learned to mostly avoid Matildas.

Also my crew is pretty decent, got extra driving skills and spotrange... trick is to stay at the longest range possible while spotting, keep your speed up, and never drive in a straight line for more than a second. I don't always survive either, but frequently enough the spotting and damage my team can do before I die is a gamechanger, because it just puts you ahead by a few tanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users