commando rearmed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

MadDirtyTanker #1 Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:30 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2776 battles
  • [M-I-A] M-I-A

Hey guys "old" gamer in here,sometimes I get very nostalgic and remember the days when we played games that didn't have shiny gfx but manage to hype our imagination thx to the great game play and inspiring music.One of the games that I always loved as I child was a Commando and yes I played C-64 and Zx Spectrum version and enjoyed them both of course C-64 version was way better mostly thx to the Rob Hubbard Great soundtrack......So let me cut the story I mixed and remixed some of the very best versions of that awesome soundtrack then I "draw" that original loading screen and voala here we are I will posted down here for you to enjoyed....Well maybe there is a still some old farts down here on earth that will remember old days and appreciated my efforts:)..THX

Edited by MadDirtyTanker, 07 December 2015 - 02:43 AM.

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #2 Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:11 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 0 battles

Yes, I still have memories from those days. Although I played on my best friend's C64 (didn't own one myself, Amiga 500 was my first)

Best ever gametheme is this one though. Hands down pants down.

Same composer b.t.w.

Edited by Spek_en_Bonen, 07 December 2015 - 11:12 AM.

MadDirtyTanker #3 Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:45 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2776 battles
  • [M-I-A] M-I-A
Ahh yeah Monty was fun to play,Rob was master of 8bit music back then no doubt........

Hyster #4 Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27434 battles
  • [T-S_K] T-S_K

and how many times waiting 10 mins for the game to load and getting "syntax error" ???????

then spending ages tweaking the head position to get it to work.

then finding out none of the games that used to work now don't :/

so now u have to tweak the head for every tape :/

god i miss my C64 lol

MadDirtyTanker #5 Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2776 battles
  • [M-I-A] M-I-A

View PostHyster, on 07 December 2015 - 04:09 PM, said:

and how many times waiting 10 mins for the game to load and getting "syntax error" ???????

then spending ages tweaking the head position to get it to work.

then finding out none of the games that used to work now don't :/

so now u have to tweak the head for every tape :/

god i miss my C64 lol

Ahh man tell me about it....Spectrum was even worst cause on C-64 almost everybody have the turbo and then you can cut the loading for many minutes,speccy didn't have that so yeah it was very frustrating when game didn't load after a long loading time......but you know what all that loading time and staring at the picture was  part of the game we was playing back then,while we was waiting our imagination was rising the hype in our brains so when the game finally load we was so much more ready for playing it...:).....and in a way all that experience from back then make us to appreciate game-play more over the shiny GFX in modern games today...

Edited by MadDirtyTanker, 07 December 2015 - 05:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users