• Player
  • 26065 battles

2:10.. fail huh, no balance

K_A #2 Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13643 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Umm.. No offence mate.. But your camera was kinda.. pointing right at your toes the whole time..:unsure:  Also that happens with newbies and skiing, and by the looks of your technique you're not very experienced in it? I saw you're often doing the "interved v" style of slowing down which is fine but it's not how it's really supposed to be done. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, downhill skiing and especially snowboarding is something you learn by falling down over and over again until you no longer fall down! And then you still fall down occasionally :rolleyes:

I used to downhill ski when I was little, then one winter holiday at the tender age of 12 (I think?) I wanted to sign up for a snowboarding beginners' course and haven't even considered skis ever since. It's just so much more fun with a snowboard :playing:

__JeSuS___ #3 Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26065 battles

View PostK_A, on 07 December 2015 - 04:19 PM, said:

Umm.. No offence mate.. But your camera was kinda.. pointing right at your toes the whole time..:unsure:  Also that happens with newbies and skiing, and by the looks of your technique you're not very experienced in it? I saw you're often doing the "interved v" style of slowing down which is fine but it's not how it's really supposed to be done. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, downhill skiing and especially snowboarding is something you learn by falling down over and over again until you no longer fall down! And then you still fall down occasionally :rolleyes:

I used to downhill ski when I was little, then one winter holiday at the tender age of 12 (I think?) I wanted to sign up for a snowboarding beginners' course and haven't even considered skis ever since. It's just so much more fun with a snowboard :playing:

yep the camera was a little ... :D thats my first video with camera that why is bad, and its not supposed because i had problem for years with my legs, all will be done soon :P , i'm waiting for show! and i want to sing up for a snowboarding, but idk :D

Coldspell #4 Posted 08 December 2015 - 02:14 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 19487 battles

If you are over 10 years of age doing snowplow turns is extremely dangerous for yourself and the people around you on the slope.

As you get bigger and naturally your weight increases snowplow puts way more stress on your legs and provide far less control it really isn't something adults or teenagers should be doing going around the slopes as it can cause injury to yourself or others.

A day or two with a decent ski instructor should have you at least parallel turning nowadays.

I noticed from the front of your Skis (I couldn't see much else) that they were quite often raised off the slope which would indicate you are also sitting back when you ski, this is a natural reaction for new people but it actually reduces your control, increases the stress on your legs and drastically increases your speed you should try and get into the habit of leaning down the slope.

Also those go-pro people must be making a bloody fortune, last christmas at least 1 in 5 people were going around with those bloody camera's strapped to there heads.

But yep skiing is fun, been going to the same place every Christmas and sometimes Easter for as long as I can remember, won't be going this year because of a wedding on December 19th and yes I am really going to miss it, I had a little routine, get up around 8am to get up the slopes early, stop for a drink at 11am, lunch at 2pm with more drink usually eat outside drinking weisse beer (normally wouldn't drink it but as long as it is really cold I like it).... damn I really wanna go now, maybe easter.

__JeSuS___ #5 Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:32 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26065 battles

View PostColdspell, on 08 December 2015 - 04:14 AM, said:

If you are over 10 years of age doing snowplow turns is extremely dangerous for yourself and the people around you on the slope.

As you get bigger and naturally your weight increases snowplow puts way more stress on your legs and provide far less control it really isn't something adults or teenagers should be doing going around the slopes as it can cause injury to yourself or others.

A day or two with a decent ski instructor should have you at least parallel turning nowadays.

I noticed from the front of your Skis (I couldn't see much else) that they were quite often raised off the slope which would indicate you are also sitting back when you ski, this is a natural reaction for new people but it actually reduces your control, increases the stress on your legs and drastically increases your speed you should try and get into the habit of leaning down the slope.

Also those go-pro people must be making a bloody fortune, last christmas at least 1 in 5 people were going around with those bloody camera's strapped to there heads.

But yep skiing is fun, been going to the same place every Christmas and sometimes Easter for as long as I can remember, won't be going this year because of a wedding on December 19th and yes I am really going to miss it, I had a little routine, get up around 8am to get up the slopes early, stop for a drink at 11am, lunch at 2pm with more drink usually eat outside drinking weisse beer (normally wouldn't drink it but as long as it is really cold I like it).... damn I really wanna go now, maybe easter.

this video was recorded when i was 15 years old, i wasnt 10 :D , it seems that i skiing like a kid in this video, if this year have some snow i will go for ski and i will upload new video soon, and thats my new chanel in tube the vid is not new :P 

the camera is Geonaute, Go-pro is really expensive for me :D 

+and 2016 year i think to go for the first european event that will be for normal skiers for european cup for 

age Group - men 18-45age, ladies25-35, juniors 12-15
Disciplines - GS, SL

I know that i will not win, i will go just for first time and mostly for fun, and thx for the other info ;)

PilatiusPontiiski #6 Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:45 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6437 battles

View PostAfakaPr0_GR, on 07 December 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

2:10.. fail huh, no balance

yes with afaka we are friends, this video is old and here thats something old bad skills, he had fix a lot of things in this 3 years

Coldspell #7 Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:13 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19487 battles

View PostAfakaPr0_GR, on 08 December 2015 - 09:32 AM, said:

this video was recorded when i was 15 years old, i wasnt 10 :D , it seems that i skiing like a kid in this video, if this year have some snow i will go for ski and i will upload new video soon, and thats my new chanel in tube the vid is not new :P 

the camera is Geonaute, Go-pro is really expensive for me :D 

+and 2016 year i think to go for the first european event that will be for normal skiers for european cup for 

age Group - men 18-45age, ladies25-35, juniors 12-15
Disciplines - GS, SL

I know that i will not win, i will go just for first time and mostly for fun, and thx for the other info ;)

I'm jealous, rather then skiing this year I will be stuck at stuffy family wedding that has been looming for over a year with constant reminders... loads of relatives coming from all over the world (relatives that tend to take chunks out of each other after a few drinks).... I would much rather be up the slopes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users