Quitting after years of play and watching downward spiral

Quitting Bad Gameplay

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Grin_Reaper #1 Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 13237 battles

I am finaly quitting WoT after yet again working another line of tanks to Tier 10 only to see player IQ slipping every time i went up a tier.

The game is fun but only when its played as a game this mess that the players are creating is nothing more than a mass bullyrush with lemmings all going the same way screwing the game for people trying to play they fight over kills in locations that are nothing to do with winning the match while 2 or 3 tanks try to play no matter how many times you ping the map or type in team chat.

The fact is there is no longer team play in the game in randum battles. When i first started playing this game it was fun all the way from Tier 1 to 10 and i could make some credits every match unless i lost the match then i would lose a few thousand and that i could accept after all i lost i should pay for repairs but now days at tier 10 witht he way the matches are played you either get raped alone by the entire team while your team go's the other way or you sit at the back playing it safe and dont make enough to cover the cost of your ammo.

I for one will not dump hard cash into a game just to be able to play it I already payed for a premium account to make more credits but because of the lemmings and total idiots i now havent even got enough to repair my tanks and i am sick to death of putting up with abbusive little morons that have no idea following the largest group of tanks.

Im sure most of the idiots im up againsed think tactics are some kind of breath mint.

Its sad really because this game was so fun in the day but now its over run by people runing it for others.

Let the flaming war begin please be my guest proove my point.

Edited by Grin_Reaper, 10 December 2015 - 11:55 PM.

Homer_J #2 Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28692 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Just the obligatory battle count.

• 11153 battles

Bulldog_Drummond #3 Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:02 AM

General

• Player
  • 29393 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGrin_Reaper, on 10 December 2015 - 10:55 PM, said:

I am finaly quitting WoT after yet again working another line of tanks to Tier 10 only to see player IQ slipping every time i went up a tier.

The game is fun but only when its played as a game this mess that the players are creating is nothing more than a mass bullyrush with lemmings all going the same way screwing the game for people trying to play they fight over kills in locations that are nothing to do with winning the match while 2 or 3 tanks try to play no matter how many times you ping the map or type in team chat.

The fact is there is no longer team play in the game in randum battles. When i first started playing this game it was fun all the way from Tier 1 to 10 and i could make some credits every match unless i lost the match then i would lose a few thousand and that i could accept after all i lost i should pay for repairs but now days at tier 10 witht he way the matches are played you either get raped alone by the entire team while your team go's the other way or you sit at the back playing it safe and dont make enough to cover the cost of your ammo.

I for one will not dump hard cash into a game just to be able to play it I already payed for a premium account to make more credits but because of the lemmings and total idiots i now havent even got enough to repair my tanks and i am sick to death of putting up with abbusive little morons that have no idea following the largest group of tanks.

Im sure most of the idiots im up againsed think tactics are some kind of breath mint.

Its sad really because this game was so fun in the day but now its over run by people runing it for others.

My, there do seem to be an awful lot of spelling mistakes in that.

Grin_Reaper #4 Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 13237 battles
yea half yours whats your point

Grin_Reaper #5 Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:04 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 13237 battles

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 10 December 2015 - 11:02 PM, said:

My, there do seem to be an awful lot of spelling mistakes in that.

Im angry and Dyslexic be my guest take the piss out of my spelling and grammer ive only put up with it my entire life so far

Bulldog_Drummond #6 Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:07 AM

General

• Player
  • 29393 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGrin_Reaper, on 10 December 2015 - 11:04 PM, said:

Im angry and Dyslexic be my guest take the piss out of my spelling and grammer ive only put up with it my entire life so far

[edited]

Edited by Neilloss46, 13 December 2015 - 10:30 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. Neilloss46

kaneAAA #7 Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:07 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38701 battles
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP

View PostGrin_Reaper, on 10 December 2015 - 10:55 PM, said:

What I really don't get is how WG don't separate the hopeless moron tankers from the ones trying to actually win games...it makes no sense putting them in same games. The result is a game where your effort in the game is largely not rewarded in wins, for example i have the amx 13 75 recenty, wn8 1600 winrate 33%... i even got my lt 15 mission in it doing 4000 spotting damage, but did that result in the team winning? not a chance...same old story of terrible play ruining other team mambers efforts...its depressing as a game experience... thats something AW appreciate...the only reason why WG dont must be something to do with their finances...it cant be for the players in any way... 

there is such a disconnect between performance and that performance affecting teams wins, because, very often, the team difference in skill is so great that it becomes a wasted effort...sad 

btw i play solo and enjoy playing alone often

Edited by kaneAAA, 11 December 2015 - 12:13 AM.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:08 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66256 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostGrin_Reaper, on 10 December 2015 - 11:55 PM, said

Why? You don't want to play this game anymore that's fine. More importantly, we should care because? If you want to go play a different game. Then that's your choice. Enjoy.

See you in 2 weeks.

Grin_Reaper #9 Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:21 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 13237 battles

Thanks for your reply kaneAAA you said it alot better than i have and it helps knowing im not alone in my thoughts of gameplay

Balc0rayou are proberbly correct its not the first time i have taken a extended break from this game as my battle count shows but it always seems to be for the same reason. Being constantly teamed with people that have no idea how to play. Also it has no baring on anyone if i quit or not with the amount of people playing this game (well sort of playing) it wont even make a difference but if enough of us players that actually want to play the game speak up about how bad it is becoming somthing may actually be done about it.

If you sit in silence and end up quiting the game feeling worse than when you loged in to TRY and have some fun then nothing will ever change and more people end up leaving this i think is why the game is getting so bad because the idiots now outnumber the people left who want to play.

kaneAAA #10 Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:31 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38701 battles
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP

View PostGrin_Reaper, on 10 December 2015 - 11:21 PM, said:

Thanks for your reply kaneAAA you said it alot better than i have and it helps knowing im not alone in my thoughts of gameplay

Balc0rayou are proberbly correct its not the first time i have taken a extended break from this game as my battle count shows but it always seems to be for the same reason. Being constantly teamed with people that have no idea how to play. Also it has no baring on anyone if i quit or not with the amount of people playing this game (well sort of playing) it wont even make a difference but if enough of us players that actually want to play the game speak up about how bad it is becoming somthing may actually be done about it.

If you sit in silence and end up quiting the game feeling worse than when you loged in to TRY and have some fun then nothing will ever change and more people end up leaving this i think is why the game is getting so bad because the idiots now outnumber the people left who want to play.

I completely agree with you, for all the theories about luck evening out and probability etc etc, how does that make any difference if youre having many games with tomatoes on your team who could easily be mistaken for simple bot programmes on your team? Youre supposed to go away with the consolation that in the long run it will even out? is that really FUN? in no way...... When you have a long bad period in wot, it can run for a long time no matter what you do, because, WG never addressed the issue/ deliberately makes it like that.

An analogy: im a big board game player. Which do you think are the most fun board games to play, as judged by the boardgame community in general, the ones with high probability roles (like the mm) or ones where there is good starting balance? ..... it's obvious. Games with a lot left to probability frustrate the player's ability to control the game experience and have their intelligenc/skill matter. WOT is exactly that in too many games, frustration of the ability for players to affect the result of games.

Edited by kaneAAA, 11 December 2015 - 12:35 AM.

Bulldog_Drummond #11 Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:34 AM

General

• Player
  • 29393 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGrin_Reaper, on 10 December 2015 - 11:21 PM, said:

Oh FFS.  You don't like it when someone points out that you have the spelling and grammar of a 6 year old.  But you are going to quit the game because you are quite sure that most of the other players in it apart from you are idiots and morons?  Unbelievable arrogance.  Goodbye.

Grin_Reaper #12 Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 13237 battles

View PostkaneAAA, on 10 December 2015 - 11:31 PM, said:

I completely agree with you, for all the theories about luck evening out and probability etc etc, how does that make any difference if youre having many games with tomatoes on your team who could easily be mistaken for simple bot programmes on your team? Youre supposed to go away with the consolation that in the long run it will even out? is that really FUN? in no way...... When you have a long bad period in wot, it can run for a long time no matter what you do, because, WG never addressed the issue/ deliberately makes it like that.

An analogy: im a big board game player. Which do you think are the most fun board games to play, as judged by the boardgame community in general, the ones with high probability roles (like the mm) or ones where there is good starting balance? ..... it's obvious. Games with a lot left to probability frustrate the player's ability to control the game experience and have their intelligenc/skill matter. WOT is exactly that in too many games, frustration of the ability for players to affect the result of games.

I can honestly say i had just as much fun losing in the past when its been a good match and its been againsed good players but nowdays instead of being like chess where your peace's all play a part deffending while pressing an advance its more like a game of Go For Broke where you have to lose as quickly as possible.

Bye Bulldog have fun trolling

kaneAAA #13 Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:00 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38701 battles
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP

View PostGrin_Reaper, on 10 December 2015 - 11:48 PM, said:

I can honestly say i had just as much fun losing in the past when its been a good match and its been againsed good players but nowdays instead of being like chess where your peace's all play a part deffending while pressing an advance its more like a game of Go For Broke where you have to lose as quickly as possible.

Bye Bulldog have fun trolling

the worst thing is when you have like increasing performance/damage etc consistently and decreasing winrate for no reason except bad...er...'luck'.... over sometimes thousands of games.. (reviewing performance n wotlabs etc)...its happened to me before and my reaction as would most people's, would be a kind of soul sucking tiredness.........broken much? frustration much?

Edited by kaneAAA, 11 December 2015 - 01:05 AM.

Homer_J #14 Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:06 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28692 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGrin_Reaper, on 10 December 2015 - 11:02 PM, said:

yea half yours whats your point

It's a custom when anyone writes an "I'm leaving" post.

Along with "can I haz your stuff".

Shufuni #15 Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:07 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31046 battles
  • [HO_PO] HO_PO

UView PostBulldog_Drummond, on 11 December 2015 - 12:34 AM, said:

Oh FFS.  You don't like it when someone points out that you have the spelling and grammar of a 6 year old.  But you are going to quit the game because you are quite sure that most of the other players in it apart from you are idiots and morons?  Unbelievable arrogance.  Goodbye.

You crack me up.

English may not be Grin's first language and he may suffer from dyslexia; your lack of tolerance and condemnation without any proof also comes across as being unbelievably arrogant.

Edited by Shufuni, 11 December 2015 - 01:08 AM.

kaneAAA #16 Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:07 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38701 battles
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP

View PostHomer_J, on 11 December 2015 - 12:06 AM, said:

It's a custom when anyone writes an "I'm leaving" post.

Along with "can I haz your stuff".

er..what exactly do you "contribute" to the community?  ....sigh...

Grin_Reaper #17 Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:17 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 13237 battles

View PostShufuni, on 11 December 2015 - 12:07 AM, said:

You crack me up.

English may not be Grin's first language and he may suffer from dyslexia; your lack of tolerance and condemnation without any proof also comes across as being unbelievably arrogant.

Im ashamed to say it but i am an honest person English is my first language but i do suffer from dyslexia thanks for your support though, Im used to people like him

casusbelli15 #18 Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 98991 battles

Block Quote

Clever word play more than makes up for any minor spelling errors when typing angry.

GL in whatever game u decide to play.

7LV #19 Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:29 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18241 battles
Another moan.... you know your in WG forum..... players that fail.

Jigabachi #20 Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Well. If the level of frustration grows too big to endure, just quit for some days or weeks and see if you miss something. That's what I do If the game pushes me off too much.

Right now, I only play a couple of matches every two weeks or so. And when I play, I have fun. Until I don't have fun any more. Then I quit again. Simples.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users