Quitting Bad Gameplay

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

PizzaTheHut #21 Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:42 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12678 battles

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 10 December 2015 - 11:34 PM, said:

Oh FFS.  You don't like it when someone points out that you have the spelling and grammar of a 6 year old.  But you are going to quit the game because you are quite sure that most of the other players in it apart from you are idiots and morons?  Unbelievable arrogance.  Goodbye.

Your replies make me laugh.  You have such a dearth of command of the english language that you resort to a three letter acronym referencing a swear word yet abuse someone else for having the spelling and grammar of a 6 year old?  I think we all see you for the intellectual pygmy that you are.

On a lighter note I agree with the original post.  I play along, admittedly at nowhere near as high a level, but there are games where the match-making is just a joke.  Games where people seem to be completely ignoring the aim of the game to further their own self appointed tasks.  Games that are over before they begin.

I look at my stats and see they are rising, so I console myself that Im getting better but I wonder why the developers seem unable to produce balanced games, is it that difficult?   Surely balancing teams with the same level of players and tanks cant be that hard, can it?

Balc0ra #22 Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:56 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67337 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostGrin_Reaper, on 11 December 2015 - 12:21 AM, said:

If you sit in silence and end up quiting the game feeling worse than when you loged in to TRY and have some fun then nothing will ever change and more people end up leaving this i think is why the game is getting so bad because the idiots now outnumber the people left who want to play.

Nope, not there yet. I'm still enjoying the game as the flaws is not outweighing the good things. Won plenty of below 40% games today due to patience... simple as that. Something that is not working in other games of this sort IMO. And you make it sound like none of the other MMO's in the world have bad players. Bad players will always be a large population in any game. Even AW and WT.

TheJumpMaster #23 Posted 11 December 2015 - 02:48 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 48275 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Best of luck in whatever free to play game you decide to quit next. I am sure that that community may possibly care more when you leave them. As for me, you ask? I kind of like this game and a lot of the players. Sooooooo anyho, I tthink I will stick around.

Obsessive_Compulsive #24 Posted 11 December 2015 - 02:56 AM

General

• Player
  • 26594 battles
  • [ADUK] ADUK

View PostGrin_Reaper, on 10 December 2015 - 11:55 PM, said:

I am finaly quitting WoT after yet again working another line of tanks to Tier 10 only to see player IQ slipping every time i went up a tier.

The game is fun but only when its played as a game this mess that the players are creating is nothing more than a mass bullyrush with lemmings all going the same way screwing the game for people trying to play they fight over kills in locations that are nothing to do with winning the match while 2 or 3 tanks try to play no matter how many times you ping the map or type in team chat.

The fact is there is no longer team play in the game in randum battles. When i first started playing this game it was fun all the way from Tier 1 to 10 and i could make some credits every match unless i lost the match then i would lose a few thousand and that i could accept after all i lost i should pay for repairs but now days at tier 10 witht he way the matches are played you either get raped alone by the entire team while your team go's the other way or you sit at the back playing it safe and dont make enough to cover the cost of your ammo.

I for one will not dump hard cash into a game just to be able to play it I already payed for a premium account to make more credits but because of the lemmings and total idiots i now havent even got enough to repair my tanks and i am sick to death of putting up with abbusive little morons that have no idea following the largest group of tanks.

Im sure most of the idiots im up againsed think tactics are some kind of breath mint.

Its sad really because this game was so fun in the day but now its over run by people runing it for others.

Let the flaming war begin please be my guest proove my point.

1 option might be to platoon with 2 other guys or gals to enhance the teamplay and communication aspect. if they play as well as you do you reay win more games.. using  amic really enhances the game too. You could also consider joining a low or zero commitment clan that does not ask for attendance as such but has players of similar skill level theres some good teamplay to be had,

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 11 December 2015 - 12:02 AM, said:

My, there do seem to be an awful lot of spelling mistakes in that.

You and iggle piggle are probably the main reason I am not a dinger. wind your neck in, get off your high horse and pull your head out of your anal passage! good boy...;)

Edited by Conor_Notorious_McGregor, 11 December 2015 - 02:57 AM.

TheDrownedApe #25 Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:04 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 44579 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostConor_Notorious_McGregor, on 11 December 2015 - 01:56 AM, said:

You and iggle piggle are probably the main reason I am not a dinger. 

^^

EDIT: Actually Iggle has stated that he has changed - he has apologised unreservedly for his past, moronic, forum behaviour. So must give him the benefit of the doubt

Edited by brownape, 11 December 2015 - 10:04 AM.

signal11th #26 Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:35 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 38201 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostHomer_J, on 11 December 2015 - 12:06 AM, said:

It's a custom when anyone writes an "I'm leaving" post.

Along with "can I haz your stuff".

not a old EVE player by any chance? Anyway OP yes the game is full of $h1t dribbling egits who I'm frankly surprised can even manage to login let alone play the game and sometimes ..scrub that... most of the time it feels more like working than my actual work. The player skill level is just bad nothing more to say about that but I'm addicted so I put up with it.

Edited by signal11th, 11 December 2015 - 09:37 AM.

Coopsjc21 #27 Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8826 battles

View PostPizzaTheHut, on 11 December 2015 - 01:42 AM, said:

Your replies make me laugh.  You have such a dearth of command of the english language that you resort to a three letter acronym referencing a swear word yet abuse someone else for having the spelling and grammar of a 6 year old?  I think we all see you for the intellectual pygmy that you are.

On a lighter note I agree with the original post.  I play along, admittedly at nowhere near as high a level, but there are games where the match-making is just a joke.  Games where people seem to be completely ignoring the aim of the game to further their own self appointed tasks.  Games that are over before they begin.

I look at my stats and see they are rising, so I console myself that Im getting better but I wonder why the developers seem unable to produce balanced games, is it that difficult?   Surely balancing teams with the same level of players and tanks cant be that hard, can it?

+1

luciffer #28 Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49296 battles
  • [DBWS] DBWS

When i see all this "I quit" topics i am really afraid of the moment when i decide to leave this game.

Afraid, will i manage to make a proper "I quit" topic and don't disappoint forum community.

Because you know, why would you just leave without this charade, anyone that might give a .... about you leaving is on your friend list.

So for future people that feel the urge to post "I quit" topic just save yours and our time and don't do it just simply leave (even save yourself from little embarrassment when you decide to come back).

Grin_Reaper #29 Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:57 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 13237 battles

View PostPizzaTheHut, on 11 December 2015 - 12:42 AM, said:

The game falls appart arround Tiers 6 or 7+ anyware before that you have a chance of a good game i found Tier 8 or 9 most of the games will be againsed tier 10 that will just see you as easy pickings and swarm Tier 10 forget it you lose so much money per match premium account or not due to bad players all rushing off to get killed its silly and it will cost you a fortune so you will sit back thinking "I'm in the top tank in this line why cant i make any money" untell you end up actually believing its your fault.

I did testing on this theary and sat there at the start for 2 min each match and just watched the mini map every single time it was always 12 one way 2 the other and the 2 were clicking like hell on the map screaming in team chat then getting piledrived as the enemy team steamroles them into oblivion.

If you go with the lemming run you get called a noob and shouted at to go and scout for these big heavy armored Tier 10 tanks when i was in a lorraine 40t that has paper armor and is practicly the same size as a heavy its just called a medium because of its weight.

If neither of them work your basicly relogated to the back line sniping at leftovers and in all honesty if i wanted to do a duckshoot i would go on a duckshoot.

eldrak #30 Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48514 battles
  • [NE-VO] NE-VO

Damn, that's a lot of TDs you have played.

I'm assuming you're on the T54 grind now giving up there? I would advice you to drop down to tier 6 or so and  play a lot of games in mediums there to get a better grasp of how they function and what you can and can't do. Rebuy that T34-85 or get yourself a Cromwell. Well, you could also use that Type 59 i guess.

Or simply mediums might not be your style. Do some Heavy tanks instead then, you seem to be able to do well in those tier 8s.

Grin_Reaper #31 Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 13237 battles

View Postluciffer, on 11 December 2015 - 08:47 AM, said:

When i see all this "I quit" topics i am really afraid of the moment when i decide to leave this game.

Afraid, will i manage to make a proper "I quit" topic and don't disappoint forum community.

Because you know, why would you just leave without this charade, anyone that might give a .... about you leaving is on your friend list.

So for future people that feel the urge to post "I quit" topic just save yours and our time and don't do it just simply leave (even save yourself from little embarrassment when you decide to come back).

If everyone did that then developers would all think they have made the best game ever and would be clueless about how the people that played actually felt about changes they have made or the gameplay sucking people would just leave and not come back. You are correct in one respect i may come back after the next patch hits due to the large ammount of changes to the game it may actually help gameplay but with the number of idiots behind the tanks i doubt it will change much or they will just find new and more stupid ways to screw it up.

TheDrownedApe #32 Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:03 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 44579 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View Postluciffer, on 11 December 2015 - 08:47 AM, said:

Mate, giggled all the way through it

"chapeau"

+1

Grin_Reaper #33 Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:04 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 13237 battles

View Posteldrak, on 11 December 2015 - 09:00 AM, said:

Damn, that's a lot of TDs you have played.

I'm assuming you're on the T54 grind now giving up there? I would advice you to drop down to tier 6 or so and  play a lot of games in mediums there to get a better grasp of how they function and what you can and can't do. Rebuy that T34-85 or get yourself a Cromwell. Well, you could also use that Type 59 i guess.

Or simply mediums might not be your style. Do some Heavy tanks instead then, you seem to be able to do well in those tier 8s.

I did the grind all the way up to batchat 25t aswell im not new to mediums I could of done heavys i spose but never really got on with that type of gameplay. i played most of the TD's up to Tier 10

unhappy_bunny #34 Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:00 AM

Major

• Player
  • 18576 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostGrin_Reaper, on 11 December 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

The game falls appart arround Tiers 6 or 7+ anyware before that you have a chance of a good game i found Tier 8 or 9 most of the games will be againsed tier 10 that will just see you as easy pickings and swarm Tier 10 forget it you lose so much money per match premium account or not due to bad players all rushing off to get killed its silly and it will cost you a fortune so you will sit back thinking "I'm in the top tank in this line why cant i make any money" untell you end up actually believing its your fault.

I did testing on this theary and sat there at the start for 2 min each match and just watched the mini map every single time it was always 12 one way 2 the other and the 2 were clicking like hell on the map screaming in team chat then getting piledrived as the enemy team steamroles them into oblivion.

If you go with the lemming run you get called a noob and shouted at to go and scout for these big heavy armored Tier 10 tanks when i was in a lorraine 40t that has paper armor and is practicly the same size as a heavy its just called a medium because of its weight.

If neither of them work your basicly relogated to the back line sniping at leftovers and in all honesty if i wanted to do a duckshoot i would go on a duckshoot.

Personally I find I have more fun in the T4-T7 range. Based on the amount of moaning that goes on about the higher tiers I find it strange that players keep playing them. Why not play at tiers where you can enjoy your battles?

View PostGrin_Reaper, on 11 December 2015 - 10:01 AM, said:

If everyone did that then developers would all think they have made the best game ever and would be clueless about how the people that played actually felt about changes they have made or the gameplay sucking people would just leave and not come back. You are correct in one respect i may come back after the next patch hits due to the large ammount of changes to the game it may actually help gameplay but with the number of idiots behind the tanks i doubt it will change much or they will just find new and more stupid ways to screw it up.

The big problem here is that people think a post on this forum will be read by the developers. I would guess that it will not be read.

WG have set up a suggestions forum which I would hope they do read.

Can you imagine the pain involved in reading through all the general threads looking for ones that have a suggestion in them? Most threads that claim to be 'helpful' or 'informing' towards WG or the game, are actually moans, and often badly written or presented. 

Think of it a a potential employer reading through a pile of CV's from prospective employees. 

If the first thing you see is poor grammar, poor use of language, swear words, insults, threats, doom and gloom, you are not going to read the whole thing are you? Of course not. You stick it straight in the trash can. If the application comes through the wrong channels that is also often a cause for rejection.

The only people who read all these threads, and then probably only selectively, are us the players. And i bet we have different reasons for reading and commenting in them.

BigFellas_Dad #35 Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:34 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41732 battles
I agree with OP, there doesn't seem to be much team play any more, it does exist but its becoming rarer.  I hear your frustration OP

kaneAAA #36 Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39205 battles
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 11 December 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

Personally I find I have more fun in the T4-T7 range. Based on the amount of moaning that goes on about the higher tiers I find it strange that players keep playing them. Why not play at tiers where you can enjoy your battles?

The big problem here is that people think a post on this forum will be read by the developers. I would guess that it will not be read.

Can you imagine the pain involved in reading through all the general threads looking for ones that have a suggestion in them? Most threads that claim to be 'helpful' or 'informing' towards WG or the game, are actually moans, and often badly written or presented.

Think of it a a potential employer reading through a pile of CV's from prospective employees.

If the first thing you see is poor grammar, poor use of language, swear words, insults, threats, doom and gloom, you are not going to read the whole thing are you? Of course not. You stick it straight in the trash can. If the application comes through the wrong channels that is also often a cause for rejection.

The only people who read all these threads, and then probably only selectively, are us the players. And i bet we have different reasons for reading and commenting in them.

The OP made clear points which everyone understood. If you can't get then that's your problem, don't start lecturing people from your high horse.. humble yourself Mr President of nothing and no one...

Edited by kaneAAA, 11 December 2015 - 12:50 PM.

Grin_Reaper #37 Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 13237 battles

View PostkaneAAA, on 11 December 2015 - 11:42 AM, said:

The OP made clear points which everyone understood. If you can't get then that's your problem, don't start lecturing people from your high horse.. humble yourself Mr President of nothing and no one...

Unhappy_bunny has a point with the devs not being able to see every post and it wouldent supprise me if most of them were badly writen or dont get the point accross effectively. but if there are as many people as i suspect there are in this game that are sick to death of dyeing again and again ddue to bad teamplay and everyone stated this fact they may do somthing about it.

Now i know the next patch will be a big one and a mess of changes are comming to balance tanks hopfully this will force people to actually play the game instead of screwing over team mates just to get another kill.

Ive actually had people push my tank out into enemy fire just to get the enemy to shoot so they can get another kill or i have been the last one surviving with 7 kills under my belt trying desperatly to win the game still and had my team all swaring at me and calling me a noob because im alive and they want me to die already so they can play the same tank again. This is what i find anoying and it totaly go's againsed team play people are just out for themselves.

Lol i still push people up hills to help them get into spots quicker specialy TD's as they provide me cover when i get stuck scouting or spot groups to big for me to handle allone ... umm well they are suppost to anyway.

DB2212 #38 Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15502 battles

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 11 December 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

WG also have an Update 9.12 General Feedback page, which we'd like to think they'd look at every now and then, you know, just to get feedback.

http://forum.worldof...1#entry11704481

Page 6 if the link doesn't take you there. I posted on 21st Nov and didn't really try to beat the swear filter.

I've yet to receive a warning....

xElectricGamerx #39 Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:34 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6254 battles
Great example of a another shitty community. The replies I am reading. Unbelievabl.e. Instead of helping the guy you people just make it worse 

Grin_Reaper #40 Posted 12 December 2015 - 11:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 13237 battles

View PostxElectricGamerx, on 12 December 2015 - 09:34 AM, said:

Great example of a another shitty community. The replies I am reading. Unbelievabl.e. Instead of helping the guy you people just make it worse 

some have some havent helped but i have still uninstalled the game for now. I will wait for feedback about the next patch see if anything changes but i doubt it will unless WG get a dent in the income.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users