Jump to content


Tank games.


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

Hat3breeder #1 Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:29 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7005 battles
  • 239
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011
Hi,

I decided to start this thread to see if i could do a little list of some other tank related games.

I'm honestly fed up with the lack of communication from wargaming's side, how none of the what I consider to be important issues are getting fixed or even mentioned by them (matchmaking system, SPGs, spotting system...) and how they'll do anything to/nearly only focus on coming up with new ways to make us buy gold, aka give them loads of money,  so maybe its time to move on.

If i don't find any other decent games i'll keep on playing WoT since i do manage to have some fun around 50 % of the time and i do like tanks a lot.

Please note that i'm, in no way, trying to advertise other games, this list is only for personal purposes.

So here's out it will go, you submit a game and i add it to the list. I'll start with a few I've discovered and give a little description, while some i'll just write the name and ask for a personal description from you guys.

  • Tank Ace - not out yet, seems a lot like WoT, and i mean a lot (not necessarily bad). Open beta starting 9/1.
  • Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942 - ?
  • WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger - Seems like a simulator, something that i'm not looking for. Users' opinions:"nice graphics for a simulator, not very stable though, crashed every like 20 mins, mainly during loading missions." (courtesy of MikeeTheShot)
  • "T72 Balkans on Fire - simulator of armor used in war in former Yugoslavia - T34/85, T55, T72 and Leopard 1A4" (courtesy of han_solo_79)
  • "Steel Beasts - simulator of M1 Abrams and Leopard 2A4 (old version didn't support Vista and W7, only Pro version can do it but Pro costs about 125 dollars)" (courtesy of han_solo_79)
  • ...
I guess deep down i'm looking for a WoT-alike game (if not equal) but with better community management... maybe Tank Ace will do it, who knows.

Take care.

bravotango #2 Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:46 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 29462 battles
  • 915
  • [BFUSQ] BFUSQ
  • Member since:
    10-22-2010
I'm interested in Tank Ace too. The gameplay though has more rpg elements from what I can see and maybe missions or something more interesting than random battles here. I play WOT for the daily doubles anyway. T-34 vs. Tiger game is sh*t from what I've heard.

Hat3breeder #3 Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:52 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7005 battles
  • 239
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View Postbravotango, on 30 August 2011 - 06:46 PM, said:

I'm interested in Tank Ace too. The gameplay though has more rpg elements from what I can see and maybe missions or something more interesting than random battles here. I play WOT for the daily doubles anyway. T-34 vs. Tiger game is sh*t from what I've heard.

Hey, thanks for replying.

I'm also eager to know more about Tank Ace. From what i've seen it seems to have bad graphics, but i couldn't care less about that. As i mentioned before, i'm interested in a game that succeeds where wargaming failed so miserably with WoT: a balanced game and good communication with the community.

Take care.

han_solo_79 #4 Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:17 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 10719 battles
  • 182
  • [OSP] OSP
  • Member since:
    10-13-2010

View PostHat3breeder, on 30 August 2011 - 06:29 PM, said:

Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942 - ?[/size][/font][/color][*][font="arial, sans-serif"][size="2"]

I already own it, it's a simulator similar to Tiger vs T34 and T72 Balkans on Fire.

- T72 Balkans on Fire - simulator of armor used in war in former Yugoslavia - T34/85, T55, T72 and Leopard 1A4
- Steel Beasts - simulator of M1 Abrams and Leopard 2A4 (old version didn't support Vista and W7, only Pro version can do it but Pro costs about 125 dollars)

Hat3breeder #5 Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:19 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7005 battles
  • 239
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View Posthan_solo_79, on 30 August 2011 - 07:17 PM, said:

I already own it, it's a simulator similar to Tiger vs T34 and T72 Balkans on Fire.

- T72 Balkans on Fire - simulator of armor used in war in former Yugoslavia - T34/85, T55, T72 and Leopard 1A4
- Steel Beasts - simulator of M1 Abrams and Leopard 2A4 (old version didn't support Vista and W7, only Pro version can do it but Pro costs about 125 dollars)

Thanks for the reply, but the thing is i'm not looking for a simulator...
But hey what the hell i'll add those to the list anyway.

srk1 #6 Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:25 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8363 battles
  • 225
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011
#bookmarking#
thanks for posting this theard :)

_Hegemon_ #7 Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:57 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 16294 battles
  • 704
  • Member since:
    05-24-2011
Maybe old and little rusty.... Scorched Earth

but seriously...

The most realistic WW II tank simulator ever - Panzer Elite : Special Edition - with ultimate mod for it :  Panzer Elite III

GrandVictory #8 Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 503 battles
  • 53
  • Member since:
    02-27-2011
Blitz 1941- it is 3D but you have to check it out to understand it and it is old it also has an RPG elements like Tank Ace but i don't recommend it becouse it is somewhat like WoT only one game mode which some times is really boring

Hat3breeder #9 Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:11 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7005 battles
  • 239
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View Postsrk1, on 30 August 2011 - 07:25 PM, said:

#bookmarking#
thanks for posting this theard :)

No problem at all, i'm glad to know it may help others as well. And thanks for replying.

Cheers.

FrankK2 #10 Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:14 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Veteran
  • 9893 battles
  • 330
  • [-LUP-] -LUP-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2010
Me and three other buddies can't wait for the release of Tank Ace Online! See you there!

Hat3breeder #11 Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:15 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7005 battles
  • 239
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View Post_Hegemon_, on 30 August 2011 - 07:57 PM, said:

Maybe old and little rusty.... Scorched Earth

but seriously...

The most realistic WW II tank simulator ever - Panzer Elite : Special Edition - with ultimate mod for it :  Panzer Elite III

Seriously? I've heard awful things about the Panzer Elite Action game series. And the videos i saw didn't captivate me at all.
I appreciate your feedback, thanks, but i think i'll be leaving that game out of the list for now. If you have any others...

Hat3breeder #12 Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:18 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7005 battles
  • 239
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostFrankK2, on 30 August 2011 - 08:14 PM, said:

Me and three other buddies can't wait for the release of Tank Ace Online! See you there!

See you there as well. I getting more and more tired of WG's bs, so...

Hat3breeder #13 Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:19 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7005 battles
  • 239
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostGrandVictory, on 30 August 2011 - 08:01 PM, said:

Blitz 1941- it is 3D but you have to check it out to understand it and it is old it also has an RPG elements like Tank Ace but i don't recommend it becouse it is somewhat like WoT only one game mode which some times is really boring

I'd heard of that game and saw some videos of it, but my impression was not good at all, sorry. I mean not even MMOHut liked it so i'll probably skip it (unless you really believe and prove me its an awesome game http://forum.worldof...mile_blinky.gif).

Thanks.

MikeeTheShot #14 Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:50 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 3229 battles
  • 116
  • [EAS3] EAS3
  • Member since:
    06-16-2010

View PostHat3breeder, on 30 August 2011 - 06:29 PM, said:

T-34 vs. Tiger - Seems like a simulator, something that i'm not looking for.[*]

ive played this for a while... nice graphics for a simulator, not very stable though, crashed every like 20 mins, mainly during loading missions.
I really liked this one, because i like real stuff

If somebody know some nice real quality simulator of WWII tanks battles.. i ll be happy if you share

I played Steel Beasts a long time ago aswell, but i didnt like that one at all

BTW: I dont think this topic, or atleast your question is well said... I didnt read them but im quite sure that Forum rules disallows you to do any other WoT "opponent" promotions or advertisment here, so if you dont want to have this topic deleted, change your first entry so its not so... obvious :-)

_Hegemon_ #15 Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:23 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 16294 battles
  • 704
  • Member since:
    05-24-2011

View PostHat3breeder, on 30 August 2011 - 08:15 PM, said:

Seriously? I've heard awful things about the Panzer Elite Action game series. And the videos i saw didn't captivate me at all.
I appreciate your feedback, thanks, but i think i'll be leaving that game out of the list for now. If you have any others...

Panzer Elite Action has nothing with Panzer Elite : Special Edition by except few words in the name of the tittle ...PE:SE it is the most realistic simulator of II WW tanks so far. World of Tanks has a few important elements from this game...

Between those titles - Panzer Elite Action and Panzer Elite : Special Edition - is a huge difference in realism - like a between Leichttractor and Mause :D in frontal armour ..

---

As far I remember - I'v played in another good simulator - I'M1A2 Abrams - excellent game with good tactics elements (U could manage not only a single tank or platoon of tanks,  but U could give an orders whole company of tanks , close combat viehicles like Bradleys or Humevees with AT and AAA rockets, and manage Air Support - A10 Thunderbolt II or Ah-64 Apache and Artillery strike like 150mm Palladins, MLRS..etc ). U could fight against newest russian/iranian/yougoslavian MBT's like T-95, T-90, older T-80U ,T-72m, T-60..etc, etc...Realy great game with good physics - but hmmmm she has poor graphics (if we are traying compare this game to present standard of graphics like a WoT for example )..Nerveless - this game had a great climate of modern warfare tank combat.

Armored Fist 2, 3 released by Novalogic - was something between a shooter and simulator. You could also manage a tank platoons, called artillery strikes, and call air support. Great game :). Some of the  missions where really hard to play :D

Hat3breeder #16 Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:25 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7005 battles
  • 239
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostMikeeTheShot, on 30 August 2011 - 08:50 PM, said:

ive played this for a while... nice graphics for a simulator, not very stable though, crashed every like 20 mins, mainly during loading missions.
I really liked this one, because i like real stuff

If somebody know some nice real quality simulator of WWII tanks battles.. i ll be happy if you share

I played Steel Beasts a long time ago aswell, but i didnt like that one at all

BTW: I dont think this topic, or atleast your question is well said... I didnt read them but im quite sure that Forum rules disallows you to do any other WoT "opponent" promotions or advertisment here, so if you dont want to have this topic deleted, change your first entry so its not so... obvious :-)

Thanks for your reply, i'll add your description as well.
Regarding the forum rules, i've already stated that this list is for my personal interest and that i do not intend to promote any game, but thanks for caring i guess http://forum.worldof...ile_blinky.gif.

Jager123 #17 Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:37 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 384 battles
  • 107
  • Member since:
    08-23-2011
T34 vs tiger is quite fun if you get into it, but a sim!  
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
Red Orchestra 2 FPS
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Red Orchestra
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=hQSkcZn8i3k
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

WWII Tank Commander
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=N90Ibxua5CM

Search the tube,  you will find some

kaasunaamio #18 Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:06 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 25636 battles
  • 115
  • [SALPA] SALPA
  • Member since:
    01-28-2011
Best Tank Game Ever was ofc M1 Tank Platoon for Amiga 500. Loved it back in 1991. Strategy elements and tank sim. Great stuff!  :Smile_great:

Nimble #19 Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:50 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 8228 battles
  • 232
  • [-SFI-] -SFI-
  • Member since:
    07-16-2010
The tanking in Red Orchestra 2 looks really awesome!!! I'm looking forward to it:D

allufinlnd #20 Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 1299 battles
  • 25
  • Member since:
    11-25-2010
I know one game, but I'm not shure if it's a ''tank game'' It seems more like a stratedic (okay, not good in english) game. But it was also possible to control individual tanks. It is the Achtung panzer!:Khrakov 1943. Chek it out :Smile_honoring:




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users