IS-3 A - Gameplay Guide

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

RogueWraith909 #41 Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10606 battles

View Postpapageo_cy, on 21 December 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

I speculate that Panzer 58 will be available in the premium shop (bundled or not) and the Panzer 58 Mutz will be a  marathon mission  prize.

We have to wait first for the FV4202(P) mission first to end. It would be cruel 2 missions at the same time.

I am still waiting for the FV210 (A45) mission to hit the EU server.

Any impressions for the IS-3A so far?

I snagged it as I don't have IS-3 yet... it gives me a chance to learn the armour profile before I get it while also getting the boosted creds and xp... it's AWESOME!  I love the thing.  I've held corners with it thanks to the very similar IS-3 type armour, I've wrecked other tanks thanks to the higher rof... and the standard pen is fantastic at about 221mm!  The mobility is not a major issue unless the map has alot of hills.  It's perfectly usable...

I've attached a WoT replays link to a game I had in it... was a loss but this thing pulled its weight nicely...

http://wotreplays.co...wraith909-is-3a

Caranthir85 #42 Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 26968 battles

"On top of that, make sure to hide your lower glacis when possible - the tank reflects most weak spots of the original IS-3, so the huge lower glacis is a problem both vehicles share."

Ehm... the lower plate on IS-3 was changed several patches ago. It is now tiny and so angled that it is generally auto-ricochet unless you're shooting up at it. Hiding it is pointless since IS-3's main weak-ish point is the beak anyway.

DeathByDribbling #43 Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27596 battles

View PostDont_Stop, on 22 December 2015 - 03:54 PM, said:

I am disappointed with this tank. Although it has 221 mm of pen it is hard to penetrate anything, only about 50 % of shots are successfully penetrated. I wonder if it has something to do with the APCR ammo, I thought it would cool because it flies fast, but it turns out to be crap. My suggestion is not to buy one of these when it will become available in the premium shop some time again. 

For the same pen number  AP > APCR > HEAT

APCR looses more pen vs angled armour then AP.

HEAT looses even more pen vs angled armour then APCR and looses nearly all it's pen if it hits spaced armour (which includes things like tracks).

Hence the IS3A with it's APCR standard rounds and HEAT gold rounds is significantly worse off then the IS3 with it's AP standard rounds and APCR gold rounds.

APCR does have one advantage - faster shell speed which makes it easier to hit stuff, however the lost of accuracy and the significantly worse bloom figures when moving/rotating turret IS3A has over IS3 far outweigh that advantage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users