Come play Armored Warfare

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

legendkiller16 #1 Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:15 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8030 battles

Armored Warfare, whyle still in BETA it is still better than what WoT was in BETA and it is way better than WoT is now. You dont have troll platoons there, platoon is restricted to only 2 tiers difference. Arty is actually better ( no one shots, you get warnings when arty fires so you can actually try to dodge the shell, and you can counter arty with arty cuz everytime arty shoots he give away his position to the enemy arty)

And most important the Devs and Modderator actually listen to the comunity and apply changes/fixes acording to player feedback. Also you dont see toxic threads on the forums

Wargaming doesnt give a crapto player feedback ( the thing that they said they will listen to feedback after AW came out is [edited], they only done it to trick the players)

booua #2 Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:12 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5051 battles
This game gets extremely boring after 3rd tier. Every tank is the same, every battle is the same, nothing impressive to offer.  WoT have drawbacks, but it is light years ahead of AW. Only true desperados go play AW (skipping people who ale truly bored with WoT), but not for fun, but to tell WG "You are bad WG, I HATE YOU, and i will be a renegade and play AW, which is maybe worse, but I HATE YOU WG". I also heard an opinion like that: "WoT is full of stat padders, i go play AW". Really? :D I hope XVM will make AW version soon :D

Edited by booua, 23 December 2015 - 10:14 PM.

Nokkeli #3 Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18059 battles
  • [SWEDH] SWEDH

I was not here during beta so can't comment on that. Platooning with anything but your own tier is the very definition of fail platoons. While arty does not do one shots it still is really annoying. Don't know about devs listening but the forums are full of whiners etc so you must have been on some other forum. 

I really don't think AW is  better than WoT, it's just a copy of an existing game. I can't be bothered with PvP so i just play PvE casually every now and then. And we have not even mentioned all the premium vehicles they have been releasing lately. You may  hate WG as much as you want but not even they release re-skins of existing tanks and try to make it sound like it's somehow exclusive. Why would i have to re-buy a tank i already have just to make it look different? 

So to sum it up, my opinion is that AW is just a boring copy of WoT that has little to nothing special to it other than the PvE mode. 

Strange_Neighbour #4 Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:38 AM

Major

• Player
  • 2617 battles

Already have. Got a few hundred games. My opinion?

Game is going to have a shorter life than WoT, which is what, already 5 years old?

I have played NO tank in AW that is balanced.

Plus the top tier heavy HE spam is absolutely no fun at all, for either player.

Tactical1 #5 Posted 24 December 2015 - 07:10 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10782 battles

*people playing tier 4 and expecting "pro" gameplay from others - average WoT player these days*

Go cry in AW PVE battles how bad you are in Wot and how bad WG is.

Edited by Tactical1, 24 December 2015 - 07:11 AM.

SirDixie #6 Posted 25 December 2015 - 02:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19781 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

AW is OK. Not as polished in most respects as WoT, but that's to be expected. Some things I like more than the equivalent in WoT and some things I like less. I'm playing more WoT right now because (a) I know more people in this game, (b) I've got more invested and © it's still pretty good despite the many faults. I'm only on tier 4 in AW, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 26 December 2015 - 12:19 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65967 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Until they stop listening to you lot adding everything you cry about on the forum and fix the trigger delay a huge portion are still having that AW still don't know the reason or cause for. I'm not touching it.

Sure the game has some nice ideas, but they don't run the game. You lot do. Thus it's not a risk = reward game at all. You lot even did go to the forum and did cry about the Obj 155 that was the closed beta reward. Some did not have it. And that was not cool since they started in the open beta. What did AW do? They gave it to those to if they simply joined their version of the test server. So now everyone has it. That was the last straw for me.

So that last part is my main beef with the game. They do in fact listen to the community. A tad to much. And it's de-balancing the game and they don't even see it. Not the first MMO to do so. Give it a year. I'm sure they will see things differently and become like WG is today. WT was the same as AW when they started. Now they are even worse then WOT.

DTATank #8 Posted 26 December 2015 - 12:50 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11294 battles

Have tried to download AW.....it's a disaster because of the collapsing download-rate after some MB's to 30 - 100 KB per second.

daddlar #9 Posted 26 December 2015 - 01:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28967 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG
Hm AW? ... nope.

Edited by daddlar, 26 December 2015 - 01:37 PM.

Coldspell #10 Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:03 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19214 battles
AW PVE is pretty decent the rest bores the crap out of me, feels like a gimped WOT clone.

Flustered_Ferret #11 Posted 29 December 2015 - 05:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 1357 battles

View PostColdspell, on 28 December 2015 - 02:03 PM, said:

AW PVE is pretty decent the rest bores the crap out of me, feels like a gimped WOT clone.

Amen to that!

I've got as far as Tier 4 and while the more modern vehicles are fun to play in their own right and some of the maps are more interesting, overall there is not much to choose between them.

Single biggest improvement (and single biggest reason I play) is PvE mode.

The Port Storm map is like AW's version of Himmelsdorf, with the regularity and horrible, corridor-style layout. its actually worse than some of the actual city maps, which at least are bigger and offer more room to manouvre.

Pipelines is another awful corridor-fest - like WoT's Sand River, but more restricted.

Narrows is a ghastly nightmare of hills, rocks and tight, twisty tracks where it is just too easy to to get stuck, nigh on impossible to get a decent line of fire unless you're in spitting distance. Same with the island map (forget the name).

River Point and Reactor are a horrible mish-mash of wide open spaces and built-up areas, causing play to become focused on just a few small locations that basically become meat grinders.

Roughneck is either sniper heaven, with players camping on the hilly bits around the perimeter, or becomes a brawl-fest around the refinery complex in the middle, with the space in between a kill zone with no useful cover. Similar crappy spotting mechanism in effect which means you can be killed by "invisible" tonks - they only become visible after firing, or only see them at close range...by which time you are usually screwed.

PvP matchmaking is frequently just as frustrating as WoT, resulting in very short, very one-sided battles.

So yeah, come play AW...but you've been warned...

P.S. Unless you ARE a tanking god that can carry hard and win 50% of the time or more, you may struggle credit-wise once you get past Tier 4. Strangely, even playing PvE you can earn Reputation points (XP) hand over fist (I'm currently sitting on around 150k Rep) but have to play quite a bit to earn the 480k credits to buy a tier 4 vehicle AND the multiple upgrades, which can cost 20-50k each.

Edited by Flustered_Ferret, 29 December 2015 - 05:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users