Jump to content


M46 Patton KR - Gameplay Guide


  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 24 December 2015 - 12:02 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 26,440
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
We are taking a closer look at the new and fiercely looking Tier VIII American medium tank.

Full news text

Tivook #2 Posted 24 December 2015 - 12:38 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 12124 battles
  • 153
  • Member since:
    02-19-2011

Does this tank see Tier 10 battles?


Edit: Just saw one in a tier 10 game, no purchase.

 

The Patton KR is a weak tank as it is, no need for it to see tier 10 games.


Edited by Tivook, 24 December 2015 - 01:06 PM.


__TheHound__ #3 Posted 24 December 2015 - 12:41 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 29262 battles
  • 128
  • Member since:
    07-31-2013

It's a nice premium I guess... seems to be a good all around tank like the M26 Pershing, which is for me a little bit slow and fatty for a medium but has a good bouncing turret/mantlet - not sure about this for the M46 Patton KR :sceptic:

+ there is nothing really special about it, it's a proper stock M46 that you get at tier 9 with a murica! paintjob.

 

I was hoping for the Pz 58 Mutz for the last minute tough :arta:


Edited by TotalBadAss, 24 December 2015 - 01:05 PM.


Cobra6 #4 Posted 24 December 2015 - 01:09 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16333 battles
  • 15,847
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

So basically a Pershing with slightly better AP pen for which you have the privilege of paying actual money? Camo is cool though!

 

I've got enough premium vehicles so I'll skip this one, especially since it doesn't have pref. MM

 

Cobra 6


Edited by Cobra6, 24 December 2015 - 01:09 PM.


Eaglax #5 Posted 24 December 2015 - 01:20 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18992 battles
  • 3,485
  • Member since:
    01-12-2012

View PostTivook, on 24 December 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

Does this tank see Tier 10 battles?


Edit: Just saw one in a tier 10 game, no purchase.

 

The Patton KR is a weak tank as it is, no need for it to see tier 10 games.

 

:facepalm: weak?

did you compare it to the pershing? it's better than the pershing in nearly everything...the only real drawback is the non existing turret armor, even gun shield has only ~120mm effective armor. (Pershing has ~210mm effective, but agains tier 9 and 10 it doesn't really matter)

Anyways I won't buy it since I already have the SP and I don't need two :)


Edited by DocPurple, 24 December 2015 - 01:21 PM.


Tivook #6 Posted 24 December 2015 - 01:31 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 12124 battles
  • 153
  • Member since:
    02-19-2011

View PostDocPurple, on 24 December 2015 - 01:20 PM, said:

 

:facepalm: weak?

did you compare it to the pershing? it's better than the pershing in nearly everything...the only real drawback is the non existing turret armor, even gun shield has only ~120mm effective armor. (Pershing has ~210mm effective, but agains tier 9 and 10 it doesn't really matter)

Anyways I won't buy it since I already have the SP and I don't need two :)

 

Yes weak. It has 192 pen compared to pershings 170 however, the premium ammo that you need in tier 10 games only has 240ish pen while pershing has 258. Plus the fact that it has paperthin armor, unable to bounce anything.

People are better off buying the french amx CDC medium, at least it's faster and cheaper.

Edited by Tivook, 24 December 2015 - 01:32 PM.


Eaglax #7 Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:07 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18992 battles
  • 3,485
  • Member since:
    01-12-2012

View PostTivook, on 24 December 2015 - 01:31 PM, said:

 

Yes weak. It has 192 pen compared to pershings 170 however, the premium ammo that you need in tier 10 games only has 240ish pen while pershing has 258. Plus the fact that it has paperthin armor, unable to bounce anything.

People are better off buying the french amx CDC medium, at least it's faster and cheaper.

 

LOL, Pershing has 190pen, you don't even know that haha good that you wanna tell anyone what makes a tank weak:great:

also you don't "need" prem ammo in tier 10's, and 243pen is still enough for a tier 8 med, and is the average gold pen of tier 8 meds....so again, this tank is not weak. espcially for a premium which is supposed to be worse than normal tanks...so pls keep on going saying it's weak

 

edit: you don't even have the normal pershing..how the hell you wanna know it's performance and if he bounces? ridiculous


Edited by DocPurple, 24 December 2015 - 03:21 PM.


TacPenguin #8 Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:15 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 42540 battles
  • 1,583
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011

Well i got a email from WG touting this tank as having a 100% trained crew.  I buy it from the calender link and find a 50% basic crew.

 

Edit

 

There seems to be 2 ways to Buy M46KR

Just tank for  £23.91

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wot/specials/2877/

 

Or

 

Tank 100% crew Rammer, Stab, Vents

For £36.78

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wot/specials/2883/?emst=FPgpjC6Faj_645476_485453_14

 

 

 

GG WG well done :sceptic:

 

Caveat emptor fellow tanker caveat emptor!

 

Tac

 

 

 


Edited by TacPenguin, 24 December 2015 - 04:29 PM.


MashTomato #9 Posted 24 December 2015 - 05:33 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 21382 battles
  • 102
  • Member since:
    02-23-2014

View PostTacPenguin, on 24 December 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

Well i got a email from WG touting this tank as having a 100% trained crew.  I buy it from the calender link and find a 50% basic crew.

 

Edit

 

There seems to be 2 ways to Buy M46KR

Just tank for  £23.91

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wot/specials/2877/

 

Or

 

Tank 100% crew Rammer, Stab, Vents

For £36.78

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wot/specials/2883/?emst=FPgpjC6Faj_645476_485453_14

 

 

 

GG WG well done :sceptic:

 

Caveat emptor fellow tanker caveat emptor!

 

Tac

 

 

 

 

they didnt wrote anywhere it comes with crew  on single tank package. so you got what you bought.

kariverson #10 Posted 24 December 2015 - 05:33 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 39002 battles
  • 449
  • [NOS] NOS
  • Member since:
    10-10-2012
Finally a tank available alone. If I was rich I'd buy it lol. This is a step to the right direction, unfortunately a pixel tank is still to overpriced for me at 32euro. 

N00BT00B #11 Posted 24 December 2015 - 06:21 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 46881 battles
  • 639
  • [UT00B] UT00B
  • Member since:
    12-19-2012

[edited]

 

IS3, 200 damage

T34 200 damage

 

etc.

 

[edited]


Edited by Neilloss46, 27 December 2015 - 04:45 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent. Neilloss46


TacPenguin #12 Posted 24 December 2015 - 06:29 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 42540 battles
  • 1,583
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011

View Postefka22, on 24 December 2015 - 04:33 PM, said:

 

they didnt wrote anywhere it comes with crew  on single tank package. so you got what you bought.

 

You seem to have missed the intent of my post. Well done you.

 

Your post is pointless while mine was to inform that there were 2 different packages availible from 2 different links and the buyer should be aware of this and get what the want. I was not and i did not.

 

But thanks any way.

 

Tac


Edited by TacPenguin, 24 December 2015 - 06:50 PM.


Ragewit #13 Posted 24 December 2015 - 07:40 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 46917 battles
  • 668
  • [WGRUP] WGRUP
  • Member since:
    12-04-2011
:great: good tenk

WhosNachos #14 Posted 25 December 2015 - 01:14 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 25458 battles
  • 887
  • Member since:
    08-28-2012

Wrong Informations thx:

 

  • Penetration/Damage:
    • AP: 192 mm/ 240 HP
    • APCR: 243 mm/ 240 HP
    • HE: 45 mm/ 320 HP
  • Shell cost:
    • APCR = AP: 255
    • HEAT = APCR : 11or 4,400
    • HE: 255


MysticDreams_ #15 Posted 25 December 2015 - 03:15 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 38058 battles
  • 727
  • [_RGT_] _RGT_
  • Member since:
    02-18-2013
Nice tenk :medal:

strujaoi #16 Posted 25 December 2015 - 08:56 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 58348 battles
  • 84
  • [S-V] S-V
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011
pathetic,wg again sd for monkey,

Erwin_Von_Braun #17 Posted 25 December 2015 - 10:30 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38645 battles
  • 5,088
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostStr0nkTenk, on 24 December 2015 - 05:21 PM, said:

[edited]

 

IS3, 200 damage

T34 200 damage

 

etc.

 

[edited]

 

My, we are self-absorbed aren't we?

Merry Christmas to u as well:teethhappy:



Tivook #18 Posted 25 December 2015 - 12:50 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 12124 battles
  • 153
  • Member since:
    02-19-2011

View PostDocPurple, on 24 December 2015 - 02:07 PM, said:

 

LOL, Pershing has 190pen, you don't even know that haha good that you wanna tell anyone what makes a tank weak:great:

also you don't "need" prem ammo in tier 10's, and 243pen is still enough for a tier 8 med, and is the average gold pen of tier 8 meds....so again, this tank is not weak. espcially for a premium which is supposed to be worse than normal tanks...so pls keep on going saying it's weak

 

edit: you don't even have the normal pershing..how the hell you wanna know it's performance and if he bounces? ridiculous

 

Well last time I checked my personal rating was far better than yours so I'm pretty sure what makes a good tank.

There's a reason why the Type 59 isn't being sold anymore while the french paper tanks are.


Oh and btw, the Pershing KR has 120mm turret armor, the same as the FCM 50t, a tank that I do own so please just stop telling me how awesome the KR is.



strujaoi #19 Posted 25 December 2015 - 01:23 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 58348 battles
  • 84
  • [S-V] S-V
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011
one more pathetic copy from war thunder,gj wg

Eaglax #20 Posted 25 December 2015 - 01:24 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18992 battles
  • 3,485
  • Member since:
    01-12-2012

View PostTivook, on 25 December 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

 

Well last time I checked my personal rating was far better than yours so I'm pretty sure what makes a good tank.

There's a reason why the Type 59 isn't being sold anymore while the french paper tanks are.


Oh and btw, the Pershing KR has 120mm turret armor, the same as the FCM 50t, a tank that I do own so please just stop telling me how awesome the KR is.

:ohmy:

last time I checked my recent stats were better than yours...

and lol, who gives a damn about personal rating..also it doesn't make your false statement about the pen of the pershing right, it's still WRONG

and wtf? comparing tanks by their nominal armor values...the FCM50 turret is completely different....what's next? you compare the 120mm turret armor with 120mm front armor of the T54? :facepalm:

pls continue telling people what makes tank weak, without knowing the stats and comparing it with the ingame-nominal-armor values:medal:






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users