waited so long for a ru251..

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Obsessive_Compulsive #21 Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:24 PM

General

• Player
  • 28747 battles
I agree with Taz. even hough I love wrecking 1390's with HE the t54 light can bounce shots no oter light tank can reliably.. for that reason  and its ramming potential it is KING!

Tankiac #22 Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:10 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9971 battles

View Postwetdogsmells, on 06 February 2016 - 12:18 AM, said:

im very close to selling it actually i want the sp 1c back, the whole point of this german scout line was for the leo1 but im seriously considering starting through to the inden pnzr becuase the ru251 is just BAD.

t49's, bulldogs, amx's and wz's etc are all better in every way.

everything i have already suggested about this tank plus the current meta for light's is just too much for this crappy tank. i have so far 50k exp in it which aint much because i just refuse to play it anymore,i hate it so much! i generally make a loss every game or get derped on by a sneaky kamakazi t49 its just degrading to play, i even use chocolate to try and boost stats which in its self is sucking away credits because of bad games. 

crew - 

6th.camo

camo, snap shot

camo, smooth ride

safe stowage, camo.

equip - 

vert stabs, rammer, coated optics.

dont get me wrong though i can play the tank as i did all the other scouts i have played because i  played "true scouts" before, im enjoying my barrel mark that i got some how on a quite awful game, so suggesting that most others are also playing badly in this tank couple this with quicky babies own struggles i know this tank aint good.

Don't compare any tank other than derp gun tanks to the T49. That thing and the RU251 are 2 different worlds.

badream #23 Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:50 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11613 battles

i don't know why, but yesterday i did almost 5k dmg and got 2nd class with ru -_-

my best dmg on that tank, and worst exp gain because no spot :(

Probably this is not "how to play ru" :D

Edited by badream, 28 February 2016 - 07:52 PM.

Gremlin182 #24 Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:33 PM

General

• Player
  • 54718 battles

Its a wonderful Light tank but its fragile its a glass cannon light tank.

Any tank that can fire back at you esp other scout tanks can wipe yout out really quickly

Definitely not an anti scout tank but as a sniper flanker its excellent.

Tankiac #25 Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9971 battles

View Postbadream, on 28 February 2016 - 07:50 PM, said:

i don't know why, but yesterday i did almost 5k dmg and got 2nd class with ru -_-

You got the 2nd mastery badge and low xp because you lost mate.

tnk_x5000 #26 Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29102 battles

View Postbadream, on 28 February 2016 - 07:50 PM, said:

Because the mastery badges are determined by the base XP, and you have made a little below 1000.

Eddlicious #27 Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:18 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16187 battles
  • [_NFTG] _NFTG
What are the weaknesses of Ru 251? All I'm seeing right now is another overpowered Tier VIII light tank that puts Tier VIII medium tanks out of commission in Tier IX battles with only 1/5 of the team being Tier IX.

Eokokok #28 Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:38 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18681 battles
Another retarded post... You do realise tier 8 LTs have same MM as tier 9 MTs? Never seen E 50 having problem with tier 8 meds for example, why do you think Ru should be unable to win?

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #29 Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Most tier 8 meds should be able to dispatch a tier 8 light albeit with a little punishment. You're doing it wrong.

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 23 April 2016 - 03:24 PM.

Makotti #30 Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:50 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 15109 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postwetdogsmells, on 12 January 2016 - 09:20 PM, said:

i know all about the ru251 limitaions, trust me i watched many youtube video's on it before release. i prefer the sp 1c! its waaaaay better.

im still hating this tank

you suggest i switch ammo types and yes i already did that given the HE qualities, but its HE and sometimes it gives you 100 dmg and maybe a crit which against many other high tier scouts means certain death or huge loss of hp before escape, the tank just poops speed when you do just about anything plus its sluggish to start.

all this combined with the scout tank being almost pointless and no i love scouts my stats would suggest so given a huge portion of play is in lights, but after all the changes to map's terrain combined with actual physics has made the light tank almost pointless, plus the american and french lights brought in to counter the issues after this.

i will almost leave it in the garage now and never play until something is do with it, its awful and i have the right crew with 2x skills plus vert stabs,optics and rammer still on the move shooting is stupid because of psychics bouncing the tank all over.

there is maybe 2? maps that this tank is really good with everything else is practically pointless sit in a bush at the back and try snipe with a slow muzz velocity gun or just shoot money to over come this??! 

My feelings exactly. Not a shabby player but did quite decent in SPIC (~55 winrate what is really good for me and also aced it) but can't get around RU at all. Well, have same kind of problem with Le Kpz so guess it's "something" in my playstyle that doesn't click here. SPIC was nimble, stealthy and handled like glove, Ru then again...well, it's fast but when trying to be passive scout I feel it gets spotted far more easily than SPIC and when trying to be active scout speed helps a bit.

SirDixie #31 Posted 12 May 2016 - 06:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19902 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Maybe the Ru just isn't for you? There's no shame in not 'getting' certain tanks, I never got on with the Sherman Jumbo despite people raving about it.

Gremlin182 #32 Posted 12 May 2016 - 06:49 PM

General

• Player
  • 54718 battles

One of my favourite light tanks of any tier though it does have a couple of problems, I would have prefered APCR rather than HEAT I don't find HEAT as useful.

Maybe its just me but finding that nice flat piece of armour to hit isnt always possible.

Though when you do its great.

Anyway that aside its faster and with better gun handling than the rest of the tier 8 lights pen I think is the highest if only shell velocity was a little higher.

Gun depression yes you have to angle the tank as you have 6 degrees forward 10 to the sides and nothing to the rear. I just try to crest hills at about 45 degrees to get that extra 4 degrees of depression

Makotti #33 Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:10 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 15109 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Any good guides for this tank then ? Maybe it's not for me but I won't give up so easily :P Perhaps moving my girlcrew back to SPIC after grinding Leo but atleast I want to give Ru a proper chance.

tnk_x5000 #34 Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29102 battles

Probably the first part would be to raise personal skill and raise crew skills. Also don't try playing it like a normal TD and don't let anyone tell you to do so. The poor tank is one of the game's rather hated tanks, so you will need to be solid at worst with the tank to make it work and allow even some of the bad players to become useful. Read the wiki, QuickyBaby should have some clips, although he thinks he has some difficulties, also search for light-tanking guides in general - this is your primary role in a light tank, so you have to at least know what you are supposed to be doing.

But mostly you will need to raise more personal skill. I was there, I shouldn't have, and I ruined a lot of games. You can always go try a different light tank and later return to the Ru 251. Try out the Chaffee to learn how to play pure scout and not rely on your gun.

IfICouldfly #35 Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 33863 battles
  • [B4KI] B4KI

RU is one of those tanks in which you can so easily do wrong, I think, even when you're experienced player.

He has the speed to get you into trouble very early on if you get just a little bit carried away, has no armor to save you from anything... But it's still awesome and fun tank.

Gun is hard-hitting with excellent pen values (someone said that the key is to switch often between the ammo types, and he was correct), I personally carry 9 HE shells, but I'm thinking that I should load more, since this tank does best (at least for me) as an early TD/spotter. You get fast into position and hide in a bush or something, and then act like a passive scout, or shoot enemy lights, depending on the map and your allies deployment.

I think the key to playing this tank right is to adjust to each map (and each spawn on the same map), instead of having a few general styles of gameplay...

I personally love it, although my WN8 in it is not remarkable :)

Cobra6 #36 Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I've recently got my girl crew for it and started playing it, in randoms I'm still performing like a noob in it but it's great for SH/CW.

It's very good, I just need to stop taking useless risks like I do now because I forget that I have no armour at all.

Cobra 6

azakow #37 Posted 13 August 2016 - 03:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 79505 battles

View PostCobra6, on 12 August 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

I've recently got my girl crew for it and started playing it, in randoms I'm still performing like a noob in it but it's great for SH/CW.

It's very good, I just need to stop taking useless risks like I do now because I forget that I have no armour at all.

Cobra 6

That is the essential part in LTing! I call it HP housekeeping. The LT commanders matra is: Do not get hit, do not get hit, ... .

Keep in mind it is only for the useless risks, all other risks are just fine!

But hey who am I talking to?

:)

90grimli90 #38 Posted 19 August 2016 - 03:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23536 battles
  • [GEN] GEN

View PostTankiac, on 02 March 2016 - 07:37 PM, said:

You got the 2nd mastery badge and low xp because you lost mate.

You know you don't need to win to get Ace tanker ?

http://wotreplays.co...rimli90-type_58

Tahdon_kutitella_sua_XD #39 Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 47802 battles

MrG721 #40 Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:30 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 36692 battles
  • [S-T-I] S-T-I

The problem that I have with any light tank (not just Ru-251) is that in many of the cases, the light tank will be pretty much out-spotted by tier 9/10 medium or TD, for an example by Bat-Chat 25t before light tank reaches near to any usable place for scouting, and there is not that much of the usable scouting places on the map, on some maps they are absence. The faster mediums are the lower chance is to reach to that place. Even when you reach to the spotting position the Bat-Chat 25t can just "fly by" that position, because it is easy to predict where is the light tank and as a light tank driver you are pretty much dead driver.

When a light tank driver get spotted, he has to rely on the speed/maneuverability of the tank and his dodging skills which is annoying (at least for me).

Light tanks are kinda broken for me, you have to compete with fast high tier mediums with good view range for spotting damage and regarding to damage dealing your gun is incomparable to gun that have high tier mediums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users