Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. J Pz. II J Guide Review ace tanker Kolobanovs

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

MarkGFL #1 Posted 31 December 2015 - 07:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 26094 battles

Hi Folks!

You know, it seems a little odd to keep referring to this thing as a "light" tank, because there isn't all that much light about it! But I was very kindly gifted a Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. J by one of my viewers recently, so thought I'd make a video about my experiences with the tank. Perhaps it will help some of you decide whether its worth the cost of buying next time it comes up on sale, or perhaps it will help you learn how to deal with these armoured monsters next time you meet them in a tier 3 match - because for all they are as tough as old boots, they are not quite as invincible as their reputation suggests!

Anyway, for those of you who haven't come across a Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. J before, its a tier 3 rare German premium light tank with the armour of a tier 5-6 heavy tank and the gun of a tier 1 starter tank! If you've seen videos of these things on Youtube you'll probably have the impression that they just roll over all opposition relentlessly, as nobody can penetrate the 80mm of frontal armour. And, hand up, the replays in my video are certainly not going to do anything to dispel that myth! But this is only true of tier 3, and then sometimes not even that for there are many tier 3 tanks that can deal with these as long as the players know what they are facing. In tier 4 and 5, thanks to that gun and the tanks speed, you largely become a mere spectator in the game. But get into tier 3 games and you're in for a treat. A rather expensive treat admittedly, for you will still like as not have to shoot mainly premium ammo to have a decent game. But if you don't mind spending up to 100k credits every game then you will enjoy this ;)

The video shows the strengths and weaknesses of the tank, plus gives you an idea on how to deal with them should you meet one in game. In fact the first replay ends with facing off against another Pz. IIJ to decide the outcome of the match. But in short, the tank can be summed up as follows:

Pros

+ Amazing armour for its tier

+ Rare, so most opponents won't know how to deal with it

+ Creates fun, if ridiculous encounters!

Cons

- A bit slow

- Stupidly expensive to acquire

- Stupidly expensive to play (credits)

- Pointless when not top tier.

faetont #2 Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 45120 battles

Pufff, after almost 300 games in it I managed to get an ace tanker medal. Here is the replay:

http://wotreplays.co..._kpfw_ii_ausf_j

This tank is still obviously OP, especially on tier III, and is ideal sealclubber vehicle. I still have 70% winrate in it, which speaks for itself.

Generally speaking, regarding equipment, I prefer to carry binocs instead of repair toolbox, because with binocs you can be more useful in tier IV battles. One example where I played a role of scout in tier IV battles:

http://wotreplays.co..._kpfw_ii_ausf_j

Horrible_Player #3 Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29563 battles
Good guide and as a fellow II J owner, i approve

...Apart from

Cons

- A bit slow

a BIT slow?:D

rageman4u #4 Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16980 battles

I BUY THIS PIECE OF crapfor 300 euros! Yes 300 euros. At first everything was good!

After WG nerfed this tank more and more.. and you dont even see anything else than t4 games with this piece of Junk with t1 gun!

So people make fun of you for sucking with your T3 op garbage tank!

AND they are right! I am a big fool for buying this tank!

My last battles!

Defeat
Battle: Windstorm
Vehicles: Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. J
Experience received: 646
Credits earned: 10.254
Battle achievements: Mastery Badge: "III Class"

Defeat
Battle: Arctic Region
Experience received: 214
Credits earned: 6.968

Defeat
Battle: Mines
Experience received: 402
Credits earned: 9.747
Battle achievements: Cool-Headed

If one day Wg gold diggers announce that they will relase pz2j for 50 euros! Dam Never buy it! Don't be a fool like me!

Don't be stupid like me! Don't Spend Real money for the tanks that you will always regret!

Edited by rageman4u, 25 June 2016 - 01:40 AM.

Lulu_Scorpa #5 Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2612 battles
Seems like WG is short on cash, Pz IIJ special in premium shop to generate quick cash... 

yonzariq #6 Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12171 battles

View PostLulu_Scorpa, on 28 June 2016 - 02:16 PM, said:

Seems like WG is short on cash, Pz IIJ special in premium shop to generate quick cash... 

I want the tank, but I refuse to pay €100 for it, 10-15€ maybe, but not more...

Do not need or want 30k gold, only want a tank.

A normal T3 premium tank is 4-5€ making this at least 20 times the price of a normal T3 premium.

And still, so much people crazy enough to buy it so WG will never stop with idiot "special offers" like this...

Chichila #7 Posted 14 July 2016 - 11:12 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12961 battles

Dream of stat padder with lotsa do  ;)

Edited by Chichila, 14 July 2016 - 11:12 AM.

Chichila #8 Posted 14 July 2016 - 11:12 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12961 battles
Dream of stat padder with lotsa do  ;)

Edited by Chichila, 14 July 2016 - 11:13 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users