• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Angel_Arrow #1 Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20204 battles
  • [WOTI] WOTI

Hi all,

a few days ago I send a Ticket to WG with the question to implement a new feature into their WoT Assistant app. Personally I like the app but I miss an important feature: the possibility to send messages(*) to friends and/or clan members.

Right now the only way to send a quick message to a friend or clan member has to go through their account page. On the right side of that page we have the ability to send a message to that person. All well there.

But what if you don't have access to your computer and have to send a message to a friend or clan member and you have only access to your smartphone or tablet??? It would be much easier to use the WoT Assistant app. Going to your clan member list, choosing the person you want to send a message to and done. ;)

I got a fairly nice answer on my ticket. With that answer I understand that the development of the app never stops. But they talked about even implementing the in-game chat. I don't know if that is a good idea. But that aside that wasn't what I was asking for. They asked me to get this topic on the forum to see and hear other peoples thoughts about this new possible feature. So here it is ... my idea.

What do you guys think about this idea? Would you use the possibility of sending messages to your clan members with the WoT Assistant app?

Screenshot_2016-01-03-11-27-15.jpeg

(*)Messages like email messages, not in-game chat function!!!

Edited by Angel_Arrow, 06 January 2016 - 08:24 AM.

Homer_J #2 Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29055 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I would see it much like the in built voice comms that nobody uses.

There are so many other chat applications which work across a variety of platforms and are much better than the in game chat.

Joggaman #3 Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:04 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24181 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Yes. 

Angel_Arrow #4 Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20204 battles
  • [WOTI] WOTI

View PostHomer_J, on 03 January 2016 - 12:03 PM, said:

There are so many other chat applications which work across a variety of platforms and are much better than the in game chat.

That is a fact but not everybody uses those platforms. When you implement the "Send message" feature into the app you have all your clan members in one place and can send messages to all of them in an easy way.

World of Tanks is World of Tanks and not Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or whatever platform you can use. We have clan members that don't use Facebook for instance. The proper way to send them messages is through the message feature on their account page. That would be much easier when also implemented into the app. That way we can send messages on the way.

Joggaman #5 Posted 03 January 2016 - 03:11 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24181 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
If there was a "send to all" button in the assistant, (probably best if just commander/officers got that button) and the message would be received on all platforms (in game/wot-forums/mail), it would be great. 

Send__nUdes #6 Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14809 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 03 January 2016 - 01:03 PM, said:

Me and my friends use Voice Chat everyday.  And it is easy to use.

+ We don't have a TS server  and Skype doesnt have push-to-talk button.

Edited by OMGimbadASS, 03 January 2016 - 05:18 PM.

Angel_Arrow #7 Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20204 battles
  • [WOTI] WOTI

View PostJoggaman, on 03 January 2016 - 03:11 PM, said:

If there was a "send to all" button in the assistant, (probably best if just commander/officers got that button) and the message would be received on all platforms (in game/wot-forums/mail), it would be great. 

I think getting an email when you've got a message would be enough. There has to be a way to send a message to single clan members as well as to all in one time. Being a programmer myself I think this isn't that hard to work out and implement. WG only has to want this to be an extra feature in the app.

It would be much easier to let certain people of your clan know things. F.e. I have a clan member who plays on European but most on American server. Since he's playing most of the time on the American server it is not easy to contact him. The only way to do that is sending him a message through his European account page online. If there was the possibility to send messages from within the app I can notify him whenever I want, where ever I am. And I think this would be a fine extra feature for more clan commanders for whatever reason possible. ;) And ... with proper notifications the person knows immediately when he's contacted by the clan.

Edited by Angel_Arrow, 05 January 2016 - 10:02 AM.

Angel_Arrow #8 Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20204 battles
  • [WOTI] WOTI

View PostHomer_J, on 03 January 2016 - 12:03 PM, said:

I just re-read your answer. To be clear I'm not talking about the in-game chat. I'm talking about a message/email implementation in the app. Just like you can send messages/emails to friends and clanmembers through their online account page. ;)

hoggiebro #9 Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:10 AM

Private

• Player
  • 36103 battles
  • [WS] WS

It can be usefull for clanmembers to send a message, but a chatservice is a bit overdone, there are many ways to chat (facebook messenger, whatsapp, and more)

Angel_Arrow #10 Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20204 battles
  • [WOTI] WOTI

View Posthoggiebro, on 05 January 2016 - 10:10 AM, said:

It can be usefull for clanmembers to send a message, but a chatservice is a bit overdone, there are many ways to chat (facebook messenger, whatsapp, and more)

I'm not asking or talking about a chat service! Just sending messages to friends and/or clan members just like you can send messages through their online account page.

SciroccoFreak #11 Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20708 battles
  • [JWF] JWF

I think that sending a message through the app, that hopefully the other member can read on his app as well, can be a handy tool if you (quickly) need to ask someone something.

I don't know if a lot of people will look @ their WoT account page everyday to get the message in there.

Homer_J #12 Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29055 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAngel_Arrow, on 05 January 2016 - 09:08 AM, said:

I just re-read your answer. To be clear I'm not talking about the in-game chat. I'm talking about a message/email implementation in the app. Just like you can send messages/emails to friends and clanmembers through their online account page. ;)

You can do that through any web browser, certainly any phone that can run the WoT assistant app.

iago1 #13 Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 38085 battles

Hello everyone, I have problems with my ACC, i cant connect in, when i am trying to connect game is turning off itself, but when i tried to connect to my ACC from my friends home i could connect without any problem. please help me to fix this problem, i didn't know where to ask this question and sorry if this WEB PAGE is not for those questions but please help me 

Also tagged with wot assistant, android, application, messages, development

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users