why is one nation better than the other one

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ezylryb_m4 #1 Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2649 battles
  • [VTDA] VTDA
can any body tell me why i have much batter game in the British grant and Sherman 3 over the M3 lee and the M4 Sherman even though on paper the M4 is better than the Sherman 3 as it has better gun depredation and has 128mm of penetration where as my Sherman 3  only has 110mm. teh damige is better on the M4 at 115 where as the Sherman 3 has 75. I wish i know why i have better game is on paper the worst tanh for egsample on game in the m4 5 shot fired, 4 hit, 1 penetrated and that is my average game in it but the Sherman 3 i get on avrige 600+ direct damaged done? please help answer this question thank you

K_A #2 Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13626 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Looking at your stats what you're saying doesn't really seem to hold true. Your average damage in the M4 Sherman is 302 and in the Sherman 3 it's 222. On the M3 Lee it's 166 while with the Grant you've managed 222. Winrates with your tanks are very much subject to pure luck with the low battle counts, so they are pretty much irrelevant. 

On the surface the Shermans look very similar but the British Sherman 3 and US M4 Sherman have rather different play styles in my opinion. With the M4 you have the option to use the 105mm howitzer and spam HE at everything, which is unreliable at times and requires you to keep in cover while you reload, while the Sherman 3 works best with the rapid firing 6pdr with low alpha pew-pew that you need to keep firing away non-stop until the enemy simply runs out of hit points. 

As far as the differences between Grant and M3 Lee, the M3 Lee is pretty much forced to use the 75mm gun, while with the Grant you can choose between lower alpha+higher rate of fire / higher alpha+lower rof, making the Grant a more flexible tank if you prefer the low alpha gun on it. 

What I would advise you to do is to not worry about your stats at this very early phase and just learn. I would suggest you keep at tier 5 for a while and perhaps try out some other lines up to tier 5, don't do the mistake that a lot of people make where they think "big tank big boom lots of fun" and then they end up in a tier 8 tank with absolutely no idea how the game even works which just leads to frustration for both them and their whole team because they pretty much just drag the whole team down. I see you already have the Churchill III, so perhaps you should go for the KV-1. Then you can take your KV-1 crew and use and train the same crew on both of the tanks with no penalties. High level skilled crews get very important as you go up the levels, I would suggest a minimum 100% crew before you even go for tier 6 and 100% crew + 100%first skill before going any further than that.

Ezylryb_m4 #3 Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2649 battles
  • [VTDA] VTDA
right what i am referring to is (now i have the hang with the Sherman inpotickuler) my last 6 games in the M4 is less than 200 where as it is higher in the Sherman 3 and tanks i should not on paper be able to damage in with the qf 6 ponder mk5 (o-i ore q-i)  i can damage with it yet i bonce of the T34 with the 76 mm? and i am after the qf 17 ponder firefly at tire 6 then other than tiger 1 evry tank i wont is equal to ore less than this tier any way. But some one said maby it is rat of fire and accuracy but i have fun in the paser 4d with teh top gun on it and that rat of fire is crapcomperd to the qf6 ponder mk 5. i play world of tanks for me favert tanks and they are all tier 6 ore below egsapt the tiger 1. and anny way i don't know how to get overall damage stats on my acout so i am going by the ones i remaber.

Edited by Ezylryb_m4, 06 January 2016 - 12:03 PM.

K_A #4 Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:03 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13626 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Well there really isn't any simple explanation to that I'm afraid. Some people just make some tanks work while they're completely crap in others :rolleyes: Don't worry about it too much, do your best and remember to always shoot the red tanks! 

Ezylryb_m4 #5 Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2649 battles
  • [VTDA] VTDA

View PostK_A, on 06 January 2016 - 01:03 PM, said:

remember to always shoot the red tanks! 

ore blue if coler blaind is on i dont but i wach alot of vidios that have it on

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users