• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

Yndy_ #41 Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 37078 battles
  • [DACUS] DACUS

View PostHARK0NEN, on 07 January 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

thanks for answers, but can you tell us what is the point of staying on map and holding lands? when you can use this "awesome" biding system to land anywhere on map, ransack provinces and jump off the map and do the same next day.

who is creating these rules??? has that person ever played CWs? (I realy doubt that)

This is a problem. You can't push clans to stay off the map and only use auctions + ransack to get gold. Why would anyone stay on the map and have more territories than?

binmaa10 #42 Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31255 battles
  • [ST0RM] ST0RM

View PostYndy_, on 09 January 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

This is a problem. You can't push clans to stay off the map and only use auctions + ransack to get gold. Why would anyone stay on the map and have more territories than?

I'm not that sure because if its like on the old map you cannot see if a province is ransacked or not which basically means that you can bid on 3 provinces and get 3 ransacked ones which equals 0 profit. The only way to make sure that the province isn't ransacked is to bid on provinces a clan holds longer than 5 days but then it will probably be a better clan where you might loose your battle, having again 0 profit. 
The more I think about it the more I come to the conclusion that for a good clan its still better to have provinces on the map as this is a way more reliable income if you know that you can beat most of your probable enemies. For a medium clan it might be better but there is still some luck required if the province is ransacked or not. And for weak clans which only get a province once a while its a win. 

Anyway I am still not happy with the ransacking as its working right now. Because its just making bombing a clan with an ally way more interesting. And in my opinion its not the meaning of a clanwar to speculate on getting gold without fighting cuz your enemy hasn't enough ppl to fight all battles. 

On the other hand you can also kinda abuse the system to break down bombing allys by always giving the same clan the gold and hope that on one point the ally breaks up through the greed of the other clans.

Hm well there can be many outcomings in this system the more I think about the more possibilities come to my head. So I guess I stop writing now as we will see what it will bring in the end. Anyway I think that there should be a headquarter required on the map in order to ransack provinces and I am not happy with the current system.

Edited by binmaa10, 09 January 2016 - 02:12 PM.

HARK0NEN #43 Posted 09 January 2016 - 03:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36070 battles
  • [BIA] BIA

View Postbinbot10, on 09 January 2016 - 01:10 PM, said:

I'm not that sure because if its like on the old map you cannot see if a province is ransacked or not which basically means that you can bid on 3 provinces and get 3 ransacked ones which equals 0 profit. The only way to make sure that the province isn't ransacked is to bid on provinces a clan holds longer than 5 days but then it will probably be a better clan where you might loose your battle, having again 0 profit. 
The more I think about it the more I come to the conclusion that for a good clan its still better to have provinces on the map as this is a way more reliable income if you know that you can beat most of your probable enemies. For a medium clan it might be better but there is still some luck required if the province is ransacked or not. And for weak clans which only get a province once a while its a win. 

Anyway I am still not happy with the ransacking as its working right now. Because its just making bombing a clan with an ally way more interesting. And in my opinion its not the meaning of a clanwar to speculate on getting gold without fighting cuz your enemy hasn't enough ppl to fight all battles. 

On the other hand you can also kinda abuse the system to break down bombing allys by always giving the same clan the gold and hope that on one point the ally breaks up through the greed of the other clans.

Hm well there can be many outcomings in this system the more I think about the more possibilities come to my head. So I guess I stop writing now as we will see what it will bring in the end. Anyway I think that there should be a headquarter required on the map in order to ransack provinces and I am not happy with the current system.

you have some interesting points there, but I must ask you, which clans are the biggest gold farmers? answer is FAME, OMNI, 3XR and they dont care in most cases what clan they are fighting against. for average/ above average CW clan is pretty hard to defend against clans like these. I am not jealous, they are good clans and they deserve their gold, but this ransack mechanic is making gold farming for clans like these pretty much easy mode. this will encourage even weak clans to bid spamm even more than before. I agree with you, HQ must be mandatory for ransacking, just like on old map...

binmaa10 #44 Posted 09 January 2016 - 03:59 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31255 battles
  • [ST0RM] ST0RM

Yeah but for FAME and OMNI it will be probably too much work and risk to do so as they can easily sit on the map knowing that no one with serious chances wants to fight them. The clans im talking about are clans like: KAZNA, WORKS, SED, SANTI, NOS, L-FEW, WHYME, WHYOU, 99P, F15, RED-S, S4TDD, RSOP and many more. Im kinda sure that these are clans which will avoid each other as this are all clans which can possibly win and loose against everyone from this group. If I want to do the ransacking while having more profit than staying on the map I need to be sure that I win most of my battles and behind the absolute top 5 clans there is a group of clans ~20 which is able to beat almost every other clan of the group but also to loose against them and a ransacking tactic is only viable if you win 70%+ of your battles maybe even more. So this clans will probably avoid to ransack each other so the actual viable ransack targets are not all clans on the map, only the ones you can be sure that you will win without taking too much risk. So if I look at my clan personally I wouldn't go for ransacking as its way to risky and we are propably able to earn more staying on the map than trying to ransack targets. 

So if actually FAME gets on me because I have my province for more than 5 days I'll just give it up and get another one from my neighbourhood which is not ransacked and have the same income as before. The clans you said cannot bid on more than 1-2 provinces.

Pff. I hope its kinda understandable what I mean.

Edited by binbot10, 09 January 2016 - 04:06 PM.

pmakins #45 Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 48606 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postbinbot10, on 09 January 2016 - 03:59 PM, said:

Yeah but for FAME and OMNI it will be probably too much work and risk to do so as they can easily sit on the map knowing that no one with serious chances wants to fight them. The clans im talking about are clans like: KAZNA, WORKS, SED, SANTI, NOS, L-FEW, WHYME, WHYOU, 99P, F15, RED-S, S4TDD, RSOP and many more. Im kinda sure that these are clans which will avoid each other as this are all clans which can possibly win and loose against everyone from this group. If I want to do the ransacking while having more profit than staying on the map I need to be sure that I win most of my battles and behind the absolute top 5 clans there is a group of clans ~20 which is able to beat almost every other clan of the group but also to loose against them and a ransacking tactic is only viable if you win 70%+ of your battles maybe even more. So this clans will probably avoid to ransack each other so the actual viable ransack targets are not all clans on the map, only the ones you can be sure that you will win without taking too much risk. So if I look at my clan personally I wouldn't go for ransacking as its way to risky and we are propably able to earn more staying on the map than trying to ransack targets. 

So if actually FAME gets on me because I have my province for more than 5 days I'll just give it up and get another one from my neighbourhood which is not ransacked and have the same income as before. The clans you said cannot bid on more than 1-2 provinces.

Pff. I hope its kinda understandable what I mean.

Good point actually :P

Imo there is improvement in WGs approach, still not enough, but at least we can say they are trying :P

7LV #46 Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18241 battles

Like Binbot has implied and I'm saying, CW is technically a FIXED MATCH system.... so there is little point in doing anything...

A total rethink is needed, not tweaking around the edges... or invade Russia....

HARK0NEN #47 Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36070 battles
  • [BIA] BIA

View Post5cream, on 09 January 2016 - 05:38 PM, said:

or invade Russia....

hmmm, WG HQ is in Nicosia, Cyprus, you know that, dont you?

KOLONYALI_MARKO #48 Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 28001 battles
  • [JUN] JUN

My question is in old map we have to Build our HQ first and next day the provinces we capture can be ransacked but now we can do it without HQ the moment we got our first provinces maybe 5 of them maybe 10 of them insame day.

KOLONYALI_MARKO #49 Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 28001 battles
  • [JUN] JUN
Btw our infiluence will be not reseted with a suprise right?

pmakins #50 Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 48606 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostMrUnseen, on 10 January 2016 - 03:01 AM, said:

I hope not, it would the 2nd time we lost a lot of influence because of them joking with resets... 

mightyjosHi #51 Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:46 AM

Brigadier

• Clan Commander
  • 35692 battles
  • [S4] S4

View PostMrUnseen, on 10 January 2016 - 02:01 AM, said:

View Postpmakins, on 10 January 2016 - 03:31 AM, said:

I hope not, it would the 2nd time we lost a lot of influence because of them joking with resets... 

It got only reset once, after the BETA Phase. They wanted to give everybody equal chances after the BETA. Since then it never got reset (and if i got it right, it will never be reset again).

RyuSkyliner34 #52 Posted 11 January 2016 - 01:00 PM

Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 31430 battles
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP
So basically you can bid 3 provinces in every timezone and then ransack them right after? 

Olatsu #53 Posted 11 January 2016 - 01:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29186 battles
Agreed Binbot10. Boring. Big clans capturing their provinces and then rest of the time sitting like ducks, collecting just bucks... tnx wg for that..

_b_ #54 Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56994 battles

So, when some of the good clans battle the less good ones,...and they all report like the good ones FC ...and he get's UC ban ... or the one who does the best/dmg's the most ....well that ain't ever going to happen because WG.EU have fool proof reportsystem right!?

Perhaps a clear signal to WG would be if none of the good clans even bothered to log on ... much less play cw?  ...that is assuming that UC bans are as widespread and annoying and on the rise like they seem to be?

RaeudigerRonny #55 Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:54 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27714 battles

View Post_b_, on 11 January 2016 - 02:24 PM, said:

So, when some of the good clans battle the less good ones,...and they all report like the good ones FC ...and he get's UC ban ... or the one who does the best/dmg's the most ....well that ain't ever going to happen because WG.EU have fool proof reportsystem right!?

Perhaps a clear signal to WG would be if none of the good clans even bothered to log on ... much less play cw?  ...that is assuming that UC bans are as widespread and annoying and on the rise like they seem to be?

WG wouldnt notice as smaller clans would take their place.

DED87 #56 Posted 12 January 2016 - 10:55 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 66399 battles
  • [PNE] PNE

View PostDomstadtkerl, on 11 January 2016 - 03:54 PM, said:

WG wouldnt notice as smaller clans would take their place.

Yep. WG does not care about any clan :)

_b_ #57 Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56994 battles

So none at wg.eu would pay attention to that none of the really good clans suddenly were awol?

Doesn't wg throw money into esl and such,...and wouldn't the absence of the top 20 in cw be noticed??

On the other hand not that surprised considering what gibberish CS gives out to tickets :/

RaeudigerRonny #58 Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27714 battles

View Post_b_, on 12 January 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

So none at wg.eu would pay attention to that none of the really good clans suddenly were awol?

Doesn't wg throw money into esl and such,...and wouldn't the absence of the top 20 in cw be noticed??

On the other hand not that surprised considering what gibberish CS gives out to tickets :/

If the Top20 dont participate then the next 20 will take the exact same amount of gold. People have to understand that WG doesnt care for clans or anything...

Shlesers_LV #59 Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:09 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 37575 battles
  • [HOWI] HOWI
Why can't make bid on all provinces? Just some landings ans few auction provinces!

scrontch #60 Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 28804 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostShlesers13, on 13 January 2016 - 09:09 AM, said:

Why can't make bid on all provinces? Just some landings ans few auction provinces!

You probably didn't read the announcement text:

There will be provinces on the Global Map which can only be taken by land attacks.

I didn't expect them to be so many honestly, but i think this is a good thing, since it naturally limits the land-ransack-leave strategy that was mentioned somewhere above.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users