T-54 Lite - Love this little beast

t-54 scouts Peggy_TV filo russian tanks airfield

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Gremlin182 #21 Posted 25 January 2017 - 05:42 PM

General

• Player
  • 59128 battles

I grabbed all the tier 8 lights the T54 was the last one I got and its a really good tank, just enough armour where it counts decent speed maneuverability and gun handling.

Hoping they do not mess it up too much when they take the lights to tier 10

I hear the gun is going from 175 to 185 when its moved to tier 9 well that's in the supertest so it could change.

Noo_Noo #22 Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:36 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 22560 battles

I think I'm trying too hard to play this as a scout when in reality it isn't. Best results happen when I'm a little cautious and concentrate on damage

Noo_Noo #23 Posted 26 January 2017 - 04:18 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 22560 battles
nope that doesn't work either. For every decent game I get 3 miserable ones where teams collapse round me or a Batchat with insane snap shot skills nails me. 

Noo_Noo #24 Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:38 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 22560 battles

Right a little progress and plenty more frustration.

had one epic result (for me) but it was only good enough for 1st class so there's people doing really well in it. 5 kills and a base XP of 1714. I actually feel a bit done as VBaddict tells me that just over 1400 base XP is currently good enough to ace it. 

That said overall I still suck in it. But definitely play it as a medium and not a scout and that includes Prokhorovkha where you can try to spot and snap shots on the middle hill. Its damn frustrating as I really want to do well in it. I like the way it drives and moves but I find myself in too many entanglements where I and the tank can't compete and I appreciate that's entirely my fault. 

:deer:

XeaKon #25 Posted 29 January 2017 - 12:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5476 battles
It should have 400m view range because it should be an improvement over LTTB.

Noo_Noo #26 Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:12 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 22560 battles

I swear this tank is trolling me. 

24 games in the T54 ltwt today. 32%WR  WN8 of 1250 which isn't bad considering some of the MM and teams I've been witness to today. 

Surely this has go to turn round one day. 400 + battles in the tank and it doesn't look like it.

tnk_x5000 #27 Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:23 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31046 battles

I have really underestimated the tank. Mostly because the gun is arguably the worst compared to the 100 mm on the WZ-132 and the 90 mm on the Ru 251. The armor does mean more than what I thought. The key is to pick on tiers 8 and lower with your turret. Bad MM this, bad MM that, you will be fighting other lights and mediums, where the armor can often be usable - face-hug a Bulldog and see the magic happen.

Despite the lowest DPM compared to the monster DPMs of the Ru 251 and WZ-132 with the 85 mm, 2000 DPM is not really low (the same how the IS-3's speed is relatively good, but still slow on its own), in fact it is pretty good and can do good damage dealing. I must also mention that the shells do feel nicely quick.

But penetration is 175 mm. That is a problem if you seriously think that your tank must be able to fight against Maus tanks. Not the case. This is a light tank, and you will be fighting other light tanks and mediums, where there is no tier 10 medium, which you can't penetrate somewhere with your standard ammo.

I would have liked a little less hull traverse, because that is overkill. Instead I would have liked some extra acceleration, despite it not being too bad, in fact it is better than the WZ-132.

View range is in a way better than the Ru 251, but worse than the WZ-132. Sounds strange? Well, the loaders in the T-54 ltwt and WZ-132 are also radiomen. This means that you can train Reconnaissance and Situational Awareness at the same time, while on the Ru 251 you need to train one of the two first, along with Camo, 6th Sense and preferably BiA, and those are 5 important skills to get the maximum view range on one crew member. 390 m base view range improved with optics, vents, BiA, Reconn. and Sit.Awa. skills is wider than 400 m with optics, vents, BiA and Sit.Awa. And it only gets better on the WZ-132.

Still, I say the Ru 251 is better in the long run, because the German tank can engage more targets with the extra penetration, while it can be argued if the WZ-132 is better for randoms. However, there is no denial that the T-54 ltwt is the best for non-random battles, followed by the Ru 251, which is needed for special cases.

After I play more with the T-54 ltwt. and WZ-132 I might try to make a whole comparison review.

azakow #28 Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:16 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 83189 battles

View Posttnk_x5000, on 01 February 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

I have really underestimated the tank. Mostly because the gun is arguably the worst compared to the 100 mm on the WZ-132 and the 90 mm on the Ru 251. The armor does mean more than what I thought. The key is to pick on tiers 8 and lower with your turret. Bad MM this, bad MM that, you will be fighting other lights and mediums, where the armor can often be usable - face-hug a Bulldog and see the magic happen.

Despite the lowest DPM compared to the monster DPMs of the Ru 251 and WZ-132 with the 85 mm, 2000 DPM is not really low (the same how the IS-3's speed is relatively good, but still slow on its own), in fact it is pretty good and can do good damage dealing. I must also mention that the shells do feel nicely quick.

But penetration is 175 mm. That is a problem if you seriously think that your tank must be able to fight against Maus tanks. Not the case. This is a light tank, and you will be fighting other light tanks and mediums, where there is no tier 10 medium, which you can't penetrate somewhere with your standard ammo.

I would have liked a little less hull traverse, because that is overkill. Instead I would have liked some extra acceleration, despite it not being too bad, in fact it is better than the WZ-132.

View range is in a way better than the Ru 251, but worse than the WZ-132. Sounds strange? Well, the loaders in the T-54 ltwt and WZ-132 are also radiomen. This means that you can train Reconnaissance and Situational Awareness at the same time, while on the Ru 251 you need to train one of the two first, along with Camo, 6th Sense and preferably BiA, and those are 5 important skills to get the maximum view range on one crew member. 390 m base view range improved with optics, vents, BiA, Reconn. and Sit.Awa. skills is wider than 400 m with optics, vents, BiA and Sit.Awa. And it only gets better on the WZ-132.

Still, I say the Ru 251 is better in the long run, because the German tank can engage more targets with the extra penetration, while it can be argued if the WZ-132 is better for randoms. However, there is no denial that the T-54 ltwt is the best for non-random battles, followed by the Ru 251, which is needed for special cases.

After I play more with the T-54 ltwt. and WZ-132 I might try to make a whole comparison review.

Facehug a WB? This happens as often as Christmas, 1/365. IMO not worth the effort and very dangerous.

Hull travers speed is insane, hence my driver has BIA, Off-Road and Controlled impact. Clutch Braking makes it hard to control and would be a wasted skill slot. CI is also good to fight other LT when needed.

The RU is better due to its speed, hence go fast where needed. This might be the other side of the map. 

The T54 LW is kind of limited on this.

To have the view range skills on dfferent crew members is a big plus.

In case you like to unleash a beast and push it to the limit, mount vstab, optics, rammet and use food.

View PostNoo_Noo, on 31 January 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

I swear this tank is trolling me. 

24 games in the T54 ltwt today. 32%WR  WN8 of 1250 which isn't bad considering some of the MM and teams I've been witness to today. 

Surely this has go to turn round one day. 400 + battles in the tank and it doesn't look like it.

Again, I strongly recommend to take a break on this tank and come back later.:)

tnk_x5000 #29 Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31046 battles

My idea about the face-hugging is that you can reliably use your turret against tanks with 175 mm penetration. While 190 mm penetration and above can punch through the front at times, something I have been able to do myself. And this armor makes the tank arguably one of the best scout hunters.

And as a whole, I would recommend always going for Off-Road Driving before Clutch Braking on a light tank, because there are more cases where you will need the extra acceleration over the hull traverse, and lowering the terrain resistances improves both.

And yes, I do use V.Stab. (with optics and rammer) on my T-54 ltwt. because the commander of my previous clan wanted me to have it for clan wars.

azakow #30 Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:29 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 83189 battles

when fighting others I've never looked at it from a penetration point of view.

I look at it from standard damage value of my opponents.

This delivers an easily applicable metric for many battle situations, i.e. can I eat the possible shots of my opponent before I am able to kill him.

My mantra is do not get hit and I am very conservative on my HP pool.

Driver skills off-road, then controlled impact. My point was OR and CB make it hard to control.

____prophet____ #31 Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:47 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27977 battles
This thing really is a very medium-like LT. Pure scouting is not beneficial. Try to focus more on dealing damage and use the APCR shells. Acceleration is lackluster so you can't go ultra aggressive like in the LTTB. DPM is bad but you still have camo that's better than medium tanks. And you do fight well against lower tier tanks because there DPM is enough and your armor can bounce some shells. Mix MT / LT roles according to situation but try to be a bit more on the MT side since you are pretty much wasted as a pure scout. Very good at circling slow targets if you plan your route so that the low-ish acceleration doesn't screw you over.

Edited by alisuorittaja, 17 February 2017 - 04:49 AM.

_Sentinel_ #32 Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18499 battles
Now it's getting a new, NEW HD model to make it look more different than the T-54 with which it basically shares the same model at the moment. You can see it in the test server. As far as I saw among other things it's going to be a bit lower.

Also tagged with t-54, scouts, Peggy_TV, filo, russian tanks, airfield

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users