• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

frosb013 #1 Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2788 battles
  • [ML] ML

About this project

Battleye Models was created at the beginning of 2014, with the aim of creating a range of tank models which can engage in competitive battles The aim of the Kickstarter is to raise enough money to purchase the equipment required to achieve this, including a work space, 3D printers, a resin casting/ degassing chamber, and the computer software needed to design and build the tanks’ components. The first step of our fundraising campaign is raising enough money to be able to purchase our own dedicated work space. We are currently using a shed for this, which is not without its difficulties. The main disadvantage is it is not as secure as it would need to be for a long-term project. The second stage of our fund raising would be used to prototype models. We have already created a Tiger 1 prototype but would like to develop the range of Battleye tanks further. The third stage of our fund raiser would be used to develop a battle control system which will allow Battleye products to engage in battles with each other. This is one of the more complex parts of the development stage and is expected to last a few years. We will then start to produce the models and ship them to our supporters. Thank you for visiting our page and supporting this amazing product! One more thing, this product is going to be created by teenagers, I will try my best to complete this product to the best of my ability but if I cannot do so, I apologise, I am grateful for all your support but be realistic about expectations, I have no guarantees but ask that you put faith in us so we can do this.

Risks and challenges

current risks of Battleye models are

{one} setbacks in obtaining copyright and permission for model parts

{two} Potential software issues, as we are creating new programs, some models may therefore have small glitches in their software, but we will work to improve this.

{three} Understandably Battleye is a new company, so there may be issues in creating prototypes

{four} Funds, for the past year Battleye has been run out of a garden shed with a limited paycheck, With the help of Kickstarter, funding is a worry of the past.

If anyone is willing to help fund this project please visit our kickstarter page

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1620468071/battleye-models?ref=nav_search

if you have any questions please post below and they will be answered as soon as possible

Thanks for reading

Ben & Edward

frosb013 #2 Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:06 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2788 battles
  • [ML] ML

Update.

Battleye now has a turret roation unit for out models and will soon have a working gun elevation system to go with it.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by frosb013, 25 January 2016 - 10:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users