Endless deathmatch mode - FUN mode(Suggestion)

game modes gameplay deathmatch endless fun mode idea

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Shone95 #1 Posted 17 January 2016 - 05:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18153 battles

Hi forum!

I just had an idea of a gamemode that could be IMO awesome.

So I would like to hear all your opinions and thoughts of this idea and if would you like it to be implemented into the game.

So the idea is that this mode's sole purpose is FUN. It would be very similar to the existing deathmatch mode, only this time it would be endless(No time, no points. no kill, no death limits). You could join the game at any time and start your game. Up to 15 or 20 players on the map. To join the game, you select 3 tanks of your choice(Any tank from tiers 9-10), select their loadout and go for that red button. The first tank you pick is the one you will spawn with. As you spawn on the map, for the first time, you will get 5 seconds of protection so you don't get farmed if you got bad spawn but every next time it would be 3 seconds. After you die, you have 5-10 seconds to chose if you're going to switch your tank for any of other two or keep playing with the same one. Your goal is to damage and kill as many opponents as you can. The rankings would be determined with following simple calculation: Kill/Death ratio + Dealt/Taken damage ratio. So that the players that are longer in the game don't have the kills or damage advantage. Trough the game you will receive.... Let's call them "power ups", but they are not quite that.

So there are:

•  Artillery  strikes;
  •  Airplane strikes;
  •  5, free premium ammunition or a full clip of premium ammunition(loaded and ready) for those that collect it(only for the current game session);
  • Tank fixes:
    • ​Small one gives 100 HP;
    • Medium one gives 250 HP;
    • Large one gives 500 HP;
  • ​Resupply ammo and consumables;
  • ​Maybe some more but that is it from me, for now.

All of these "power ups" would be randomly spawned on the map after each has it's own re-spawn time and they would notify all the players by telling it's position on the map. That way, everyone could get the chance of collecting it. 

While playing in this mode you will not receive or lose any credits nor XP with an exception of when you are using any of the premium stuff.

When using things such as premium ammo(that you didn't collect), you are going to pay for each one you shoot. But you will only pay once for each premium consumable per tank.

The only way of making some credits could be trough possible rewards for the achievements, such as:

• 5-10k credits for the first time you climb at the top of the scoreboard;
  • 15-30k credits for being at the top of the scoreboard for at least 15-30 minutes, constantly;
  • Any of the personal reserves for having the biggest K/D ratio and/or D/T damage ratio.

These are only my suggestions. If there would be rewards given, they could be anything for different achievements.

I don't know if I left out something but if I did and i remember it, I will edit the post.

Shone95 #2 Posted 19 January 2016 - 04:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18153 battles
Well, I thought this would catch some people's attention. Especially of the game developers. :/

CroustibatFR #3 Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23297 battles

I can see 2 reasons for this.

The first has nothing to do with the game itself; this is a business, so the point is not for WG to provide people with fun, but to provide fun for MONEY.

The second is very important, and i am really suprised you don't get it considering how good your stats are. This is a TEAM game, that relies on TEAM work. Each tank has abilities and problems; combine some tanks and these problems disappear. There is no point in a solo game mode. No one would take arties, lights or unturreted tanks.

You may as well call that mode "bring out yout tier 10 HT".

Shone95 #4 Posted 21 January 2016 - 12:01 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18153 battles

Thank you for your reponce Croustibat. 

I do understand that their main goal is to make money, ofc. And there is definitely a way with this idea. There are some extremely competitive people that would fully load their tanks with premium stuff. Especially if the rewards are something worth fighting for.
The game is full with game modes that are already providing them I think I can say very good amount of money. So why not implementing something that is there for pure fun? And as I said there would be some earnings by the very competitive people. 
Yeah, true.. It is a team game, but they already implemented deathmatch mode where there are many lone wolfs. I would call this idea improvement of that mode. Maybe it's not much for their earning, but for us, the players.

What I think is that maybe this gamemode won't be profitable on a first sight, but on the second one... Well... Make your customers happier, their wallets would open easier.

So yeah, more fun could lead to more profit. And just like historical battles. This could be tested for couple of weeks or months.

CroustibatFR #5 Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:12 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23297 battles

You are still seeing this from a player point of view instead of a business point of view.

Money never comes from  the people who are already at the end of the game. It comes from the people that start and are eager to reach the end. In every game. And no company makes something if there is not direct or indirect profit at the end of it. What profit is there to make ? None, esp. if you hand out rewards. End game players are also known to be very picky, so it really is hard to satisfy them.

Again, that mode would go against what made WOT a working model: forced team play, and random skilled enemies. You are asking for a mode where there is no team play, and which is quickly going to filter players skill so only the best will join quite quickly.

That just has no chance to happen. Frankly you'd be bored quickly too.

Also why would someone pick anything else than an IS7, an E100 and a T110E5 , or any other TX HT in that mode ? What happens to tanks without an enormous HP pool and/or armor ? Poor mobility ?

Shone95 #6 Posted 21 January 2016 - 06:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18153 battles

Well sure, I am a player, so I'm looking for something that would satisfy me and possibly the other players.

It's bad that everything has to be profitable. That is IMO killing the game, slowly.

I do understand that this is their job and they need to earn from it, but if there is only a part of their business that isn't profitable, that there is no real harm.

They would still make money from all the other tings of the game plus from the players that want to use premium things in this mode. So there is a plus.

The rewards are there to make people who play to reach for premium stuff so they can be more competitive and more likely to get those rewards. It doesn't need to be anything special.

Something like personal reserves with up to 1.5x boost to XP or Credits for let's say 2h. Or for crew XP or whatever else there is.

What would make some to have faster tanks? I think that those "power ups" would. As I wrote, they would randomly spawn on the map and all the players would be notified.

And I don't see people in slow heavy tanks being first to be honest. 

Maybe I'm looking too much from the player's perspective rather than WG's. But I'm sure that they would most likely find more ways to earn with this. 

Besides, it wouldn't be much more different that the existing DM mode. It would just be endless and a few more changes here and there.

Also tagged with game modes, gameplay, deathmatch, endless, fun, mode, idea

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users