T28 Prototype - Love/Hate?

T28 tank destroyer kill explode xp credits gold war premium

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

IIAtomicToastII #1 Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32641 battles

I got it today and I'll tell you, I thought it'd be hell, absolute hell, and yeah with the 90mm it was, but I free XP'd my way to the 120 and my god it's amazing now, slightly sub tier 10 penetration so it has no problems penetrating anything and can still get through tier 10's with little trouble, the armour, if you show even the slightest bit of side you're dead but front on. tier 8's some 9's and 10's will have trouble penetrating you and the cheeks seem to be quite troll too, yeah it's slow, yeah arty loves you but if you survive the first 3 minutes you'll probably have a great game, however when you're oneshot in the first minute you just want to sell it, this just gives me a love/hate relationship, sometimes it's the best tank I've used, sometimes it makes me want to die. I got an ace tanker in my second game with the 120 and did almost 6.5k dmg with 3k blocked, don't underestimate this tank, for me it's a keeper and it certainly surprised me.

What are your thoughts?

- Atomic

Edited by IIAtomicToastII, 17 January 2016 - 09:06 PM.

Kupsztas #2 Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21714 battles
  • [PUNKS] PUNKS

i'm currently 3xRing my way to the battle field on my t28 prototype*.

on some maps I can literally go to the toilet while going to any point I can deal damage from.

if you manage to get team passive enough to let you get in time to the battle - it's not bad.

*actually I am not doing it right now, but I do check forum while 3xRing my prototype really often.

edit - I don't rely on armor against anything 7+, if a player is using gold/brain - he will pen you. sometimes, when I am on top, I play with my armor with any success, but that is not really a strategy you can use all the times when on top.

Edited by Kupsztas, 17 January 2016 - 09:24 PM.

IIAtomicToastII #3 Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32641 battles
I've had 2-3 games on sand river so far just waiting behind the dunes for targets to light up as i fire shot after shot into them and only 3 of the i'd say 13-16 shots i received went through, I've only played 37 games but I have a 59% winrate and whether that's luck or it's just a good tank for me - I don't know yet. But i guess I'll see.

Doug_DeMuro #4 Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34206 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I hated it. The gun is OK, but the damage is kinda low and the reload is longer than I expected (almost as long as JP II which does around 100 dmg more and is mobile)

It's slow, but then slow in the worst way of slow.

The turret is kinda nice but still if a LT or MT gets you isolated in your rear you're dead anyway, so it's not extremely flexible.

And the side armor is terribad in the worst way of terribad, so is the rear, and the front is supposed to be good, yet it's effectively bad enough to let any tier 8 heavy go through most of the times.

Apart from arguably the gun, there's nothing good on the tank.

s0r1n3l #5 Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29762 battles
  • [VTL] VTL

View PostPolestarBlue, on 17 January 2016 - 10:50 PM, said:

Apart from arguably the gun, there's nothing good on the tank.

This tank is all about that gun, one of the best bush campers out there, the turet alows for the camo net to do it`s work. Half of the games will make you wanna sell that tank, but the others will make you love it. The speed makes it one the the most map and team dependent tanks out there. 

Edited by s0r1n3l, 27 January 2016 - 10:03 AM.

thabrid #6 Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:19 AM

Private

• Player
  • 31084 battles
  • [CDDNL] CDDNL

When on a good spot or 2nd line, it can be nice

If you are lucky and your armor is facing the right way and they don't hit the machinegun turret,you can delay the enemies advance.

If you are spotted on an unlucky spot or get rushed it totally sucks

Edited by thabrid, 17 February 2016 - 11:21 AM.

Livio_12 #7 Posted 06 March 2016 - 02:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24930 battles
  • [PZJE] PZJE

can't say i loved it, but grind was way more pleasant than M103 or AMX 13 75(boy, that pile of crap sucks). 

my stats are not that great in it because i played it the wrong way: like IS-3 with dead driver, damaged turret, gunner and loader on steroids. i just couldn't sit on spawn and wait so my battles ended either doing great amount of damage or not hitting the jackpot and going to an empty flank. 

btw, didn't keep the track, but this tank gets in tierX battles like 7-8\10 times

all in all, might rebuy it when i get old and able to camp in base

Edited by Etison_Kancelarac, 06 March 2016 - 02:35 PM.

Excavatus #8 Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18980 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hated the stock grind..

thought of rage selling it more than once..

only the dream of t30 kept me playing..

after fully upgrading it.. I liked it.. I said meh! it is ok.. I can complete the grind with ok games and no more frustration

Now I a just short of 2K xp unlocking t30..

I love my prot.. I dont want it to go..

its crew doesnt want to be retrained.. they actually said.. If you gonna sell the tank, we will retire..

I just love it.. I dont know why.. that tank is awesome for me..

do I play better in it? NO

Do I have better stats in it? No, not yet at least..

Do I carry games in it? once in every 10 battles tops..

But.. But... I dont know.. give love to prot.. prot will sure love you back!

Also tagged with T28, tank, destroyer, kill, explode, xp, credits, gold, war, premium

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users