Let Commanders and Executive Officers decide what clan members deserves to profit from Stronghold bo...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Dado_Ze #1 Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 72261 battles
  • [-TWO-] -TWO-

The idea comes from that, we have enough clan members that are interested in Bonuses, but they don't participate enough in

Skirmishes.
The simplest way would be to kick them out of the clan, we don't want to lose too much members.
Im trying to find a way to make that members more active in skirmishes.

1. method.
Let Commanders and Executive Officers decide per member should they profit from bonuses.

2. method.
Rank Recruit don't profit from Stronghold bonuses.

Edited by Dado_Ze, 20 January 2016 - 05:16 PM.

arturo112 #2 Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9034 battles
Only put on bonuses when people are playing SH. Problem solved.

Dado_Ze #3 Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 72261 battles
  • [-TWO-] -TWO-

View Postarturo112, on 20 January 2016 - 05:18 PM, said:

Only put on bonuses when people are playing SH. Problem solved.

That is not solution, because again same active members will play Skirmishes and the non active will play random at the same time....

SaWse #4 Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19643 battles
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN

View PostDado_Ze, on 20 January 2016 - 05:35 PM, said:

That is not solution, because again same active members will play Skirmishes and the non active will play random at the same time....

And this bothers you why?

Dado_Ze #5 Posted 26 January 2016 - 09:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 72261 battles
  • [-TWO-] -TWO-

It bothers me a lot, because I'm Executive Officer in my clan, I got already complains from members and I saw many times that the skirmish active part of members waiting about half hour to get the Team full to start the games, even when we have enough members online, but the "non active" skirmish players just ignoring the Invitation and let the active part of members waiting...

...then, when the Bonus is active, I saw how that same "non active" players bragging in clan chat how many credits they earn with bonus....even that they have 0 collected resources in last 7 days.

In my opinion, that is not fair for the active part of members, when some of them don't want to participate in skirmishes, then they should not profit from bonuses.

When they want to profit from bonuses, they need to be active in skirmishes.

Edited by Dado_Ze, 26 January 2016 - 09:07 AM.

NakedPassenger #6 Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32129 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

or make bonusses for stronghold only?

Ideas over ideas.

I prefer it the way it is now.

Dado_Ze #7 Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 72261 battles
  • [-TWO-] -TWO-

All clans that prefer the way it is now, there would be no difference at all.

By default all clan members should be "checked" to profit from stronghold bonuses, only when clan commanders decide to push a bit skirmish battles, then they could decide is there a reason to exclude some of clan members from profit of stronghold bonuses.

I'm pretty sure there are enough clans that would like have a way to push a bit "non skirmish active" members to play more skirmishes.

Edited by Dado_Ze, 27 January 2016 - 04:07 PM.

Gloryhammer666 #8 Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30187 battles

I would completely rework the profit from Strongholds.

First problem is as mentioned by TS:  there are some part of clan teammates which are not so active in Strongholds but can profit the same way if any resource from building is activated.

Second problem is that some active teammates are not profit from Stronghold if they are offline during resources are activated.

Both problem could be solved easily: the building could produce not resources but "private reserves" or how it is called? The things which are awarded for ladder, something like that. Then commander could produce it from building and address to different players and every reserve have own price and could be activated by addressed player as he like to do it.

fubzy #9 Posted 17 April 2016 - 02:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19160 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6

Ever heard the saying "you cant have your cake, and eat it"?

The problem arises from having 2 "groups" of people in the same clan. Team based, and solo based.

Solution is to make your clan one or the other and remove whichever you dont want, or be a casual clan that allows all, but you will loose those who you cant cater for (essentially those who want heavy focus on team games)

Or possibly create a "sister" clan, and you can have 2 clans, 1 that caters for each type of player and their needs?

DrStronklove #10 Posted 07 May 2016 - 05:15 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33907 battles

Having more than a year of experience as an executive in active, clan wars and SH playing clans, the freeloader problem is _ALWAYS_ present.

Yes, of course freeloaders get kicked after a while, but my experience is that you always have a constant number of freeloaders even though you continuously kick people. I kicked nearly 100 people in 8 months time when i was executive in my last clan, and recruited hard, specifically asking each new recruit if they actively wanted to play SH and CW. Needless to say those who joined were those who answered "yes", and yet half of them still didn't show up for a single game within 5 weeks time. (Every 28 days all who had not participated in SHs or CWs were asked why they were not participating, given 1 week to answer and then kicked from clan or kept accordingly)

I think the best option is to define the "reservist" clan rank as one that does not get any SH-bonuses benefits. This way it's only if the commander/executive/personell officer actively does not want freeloaders to get the reserve that they do not. Then everyone who wants to keep it the way it is can simply not demote anyone to reservist, and everyone who wants this type of control can use it.

pmakins #11 Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 46063 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostDrStronklove, on 07 May 2016 - 05:15 AM, said:

Having more than a year of experience as an executive in active, clan wars and SH playing clans, the freeloader problem is _ALWAYS_ present.

Yes, of course freeloaders get kicked after a while, but my experience is that you always have a constant number of freeloaders even though you continuously kick people. I kicked nearly 100 people in 8 months time when i was executive in my last clan, and recruited hard, specifically asking each new recruit if they actively wanted to play SH and CW. Needless to say those who joined were those who answered "yes", and yet half of them still didn't show up for a single game within 5 weeks time. (Every 28 days all who had not participated in SHs or CWs were asked why they were not participating, given 1 week to answer and then kicked from clan or kept accordingly)

I think the best option is to define the "reservist" clan rank as one that does not get any SH-bonuses benefits. This way it's only if the commander/executive/personell officer actively does not want freeloaders to get the reserve that they do not. Then everyone who wants to keep it the way it is can simply not demote anyone to reservist, and everyone who wants this type of control can use it.

This is actually a decent idea, the only issue we would have is that reservists and recruits can't see sh1t on the global map.. Maybe make a mutant rank?

Firemad32 #12 Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:43 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 36342 battles
  • [RANGI] RANGI

Isnt it simple?

If they play, they have bonuses activated when their online?

For those that dont, either dont active... or kick them. If theyre refusing invites or not playing... and its repetetive... just kick them? what are they to you? not helpful members? kappa.

Gotma #13 Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:17 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 50746 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

The problem described is one of the overall recruitment rather than one of the way bonuses are handed out.

You set the rules, if people blatantly lie about their willingness to participate in clan activities, where is the point even having them in. At the same time, if you are a non obligation clan, there is nothing wrong with not participating and the active guys don't really lose anything just because a few of the slackers get bonus as well. There are different ways to reward activity than credit bonuses.

Schwackem #14 Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:19 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8889 battles

Couldn't agree more with Dado, it would be good to have a way for the ExO's to distribute credit where credit is due.

Why is it a problem, because inactivity within a clan for team activities kills clans. Why should WG give a shi*? Cos a game feature (clans) that is the foundation of the game itself, which slowly withers away - will die. And as DrStronk pointed out, it''s almost on a retarded level easy fix.

@ Gotma - for every clan that is trying to create something you need numbers to look alive, if you don't you get less recruits. So you have to let the ones you see were lying stay a bit longer than they would irl, where they would get fired almost instantly, but that also presents another catch 22, inactivity breeds inactivty unless you can carry a big stick.

Boom...enters - directed bonuses. lets face it, money talks, whether its fake credits or real life cash, that's where the juice is at.

The only problem with a good idea within this game is, should WG actually get wind of one, and actually implement it, they will take 3 steps forward - and eleven backwards. So be careful what you wish for.

:child:

-------------------------

One a side note, why recruits aren't allowed to see the GM is like beyond retarded. What was the thought behind that...

orgerix #15 Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22781 battles

View PostDado_Ze, on 20 January 2016 - 04:15 PM, said:

The simplest way would be to kick them out of the clan, we don't want to lose too much members.

So you want to keep your freeloader in your clan to inflate your numbers but you don't want them to get anything ? I can't see the logic. And no. You don't need big numbers to be attractive. You need:

• low inactive player
  • in average the same level that you are asking (and a bunch of good player if you can, but that not always possible)
  • a big portion of your clan active in clan activities

I was in clan of about 30-40 people, but almost every one was active, so we were able to have good positioning in CW T6 at that time, so we got a good stream of recruit, which stayed because they were activities every day and very few freeloader. But then the clan grew bigger and thing went sideways, but that not the point. You can have an active clan with a medium size if you have a good participation. And you need to release that people playing only solo don't contribute to anything to the clan, except giving a deceiving look of importance. But then, when checking detailed stats, it doesn't hold.

Edited by orgerix, 01 March 2017 - 07:06 PM.

Dado_Ze #16 Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 72261 battles
  • [-TWO-] -TWO-
Well, I'm write that long time ago, in mean time the "issue" is gone with new stronghold after 0.9.17.1, giving more credit and crew xp bonuses in clan battles instead of random battles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users