Jump to content


Reminder: Account Security


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:00 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 25,030
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Keeping your account safe is very important. Here's some useful tips how to ensure its security.

Full news text

wsatnutter #2 Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:04 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Beta Tester
  • 24214 battles
  • 7,188
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
good advice can you put this link on the main gameplay forum there are some that need to learn

PoIestar #3 Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:06 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 31401 battles
  • 4,052
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013
Never a bad idea to follow a few of these tips.

Jolac #4 Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:18 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20860 battles
  • 450
  • [_PKB-] _PKB-
  • Member since:
    07-18-2012

so....still NO

"Password change event" and "OUR" 300 GOLD!?!?!?!? :trollface:


Edited by Jolac, 21 January 2016 - 03:19 PM.


zerosumgame #5 Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:48 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 45808 battles
  • 950
  • [T-N-T] T-N-T
  • Member since:
    10-11-2011
Do not click on shady links unless you want to be adventurous.:great: [edited]

Edited by Neilloss46, 26 January 2016 - 06:24 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent. Neilloss46


Filip90 #6 Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:52 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 15867 battles
  • 176
  • [SBITE] SBITE
  • Member since:
    07-28-2011

View Postzerosumgame, on 21 January 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

Do not click on shady links unless you want to be adventurous.:great: [edited]

 

That almost got me :hiding:

Cobra6 #7 Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:57 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16314 battles
  • 15,296
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

Most are pretty obvious to be honest.

 

Tell me, is it still hard to get your account back when someone hacks/steals it? Because in the past those that did had more trouble with support being a pain in the bum than the actual person that stole their account.

 

Cobra 6



_b_ #8 Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:01 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 54494 battles
  • 3,907
  • Member since:
    04-06-2011

View PostCobra6, on 21 January 2016 - 03:57 PM, said:

Most are pretty obvious to be honest.

 

Tell me, is it still hard to get your account back when someone hacks/steals it? Because in the past those that did had more trouble with support being a pain in the bum than the actual person that stole their account.

 

Cobra 6

Ofc no problem, they just copy paste it ;)



Monster95alpha19 #9 Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:23 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 35389 battles
  • 4,000
  • [TKEA] TKEA
  • Member since:
    10-28-2011

View PostCobra6, on 21 January 2016 - 03:57 PM, said:

Most are pretty obvious to be honest.

 

Tell me, is it still hard to get your account back when someone hacks/steals it? Because in the past those that did had more trouble with support being a pain in the bum than the actual person that stole their account.

 

Cobra 6

 

i did recover my account in the last week...got keylogged at a internet caffe and lost it..recovered it pretty fast when the support answered my ticket

__Zippy__ #10 Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:38 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 33229 battles
  • 2,203
  • Member since:
    09-04-2011

You want me to change my password??

 

I want 1k gold at least!



Cobra6 #11 Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:39 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16314 battles
  • 15,296
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View PostTitaniuX, on 21 January 2016 - 04:23 PM, said:

 

i did recover my account in the last week...got keylogged at a internet caffe and lost it..recovered it pretty fast when the support answered my ticket

 

Good to hear, means they might actually be improving the support department then, that is good news :)

 

Cobra 6



Homer_J #12 Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:48 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27499 battles
  • 28,590
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

Changing your password regularly is one of the most pointless pieces of advice.

 

If someone gets hold of your password they aren't going to wait three weeks to access your account, they will do it straight away.

 

Better to have a good password which you can remember and differs for each service you use and keep them forever unless you think it has been compromised.



Monster95alpha19 #13 Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:59 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 35389 battles
  • 4,000
  • [TKEA] TKEA
  • Member since:
    10-28-2011

View PostHomer_J, on 21 January 2016 - 04:48 PM, said:

Changing your password regularly is one of the most pointless pieces of advice.

 

If someone gets hold of your password they aren't going to wait three weeks to access your account, they will do it straight away.

 

Better to have a good password which you can remember and differs for each service you use and keep them forever unless you think it has been compromised.

 

too bad special characters aren't allowed...that will make it easily hard to find it.

GangsterGR #14 Posted 21 January 2016 - 06:06 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 235 battles
  • 243
  • [QSF-P] QSF-P
  • Member since:
    05-07-2013

Where are my 300g WG ?:trollface:.

 



Dont_Stop #15 Posted 21 January 2016 - 06:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28993 battles
  • 510
  • [CRBER] CRBER
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011
Give me 300 gold then I`ll change my password if you want so.

lungustefan #16 Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:43 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22831 battles
  • 1,267
  • [RO-DV] RO-DV
  • Member since:
    03-06-2011
very good tips for anyone to follow

M0RN1NGST4R #17 Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:57 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 32999 battles
  • 126
  • Member since:
    06-26-2011
What worries me is what if my password gets stolen and the thief sells my premium tanks and/or dismisses my crews - just because of "fun". Of course, I have attached my phone number to my account but I have already used the one and only option to recover a sold premium tank. And it wouldn't work in more than 1 cases, either. So, with my phone I could use my account again but what about the damage he has done? Is there an option to recover the account to a former state i.e. when it had not been hacked? 

Warstone #18 Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:13 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 47262 battles
  • 247
  • [T4K3] T4K3
  • Member since:
    03-07-2012
... 300 GOLD or well its a waste of time.

ammarmar #19 Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:43 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 32268 battles
  • 2,867
  • Member since:
    01-29-2011
Secure password is a great way to lose access to your own data when you forget it.

Manslayer #20 Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:44 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 41183 battles
  • 554
  • [PRASE] PRASE
  • Member since:
    11-17-2010

View PostM0RN1NGST4R, on 21 January 2016 - 08:57 PM, said:

What worries me is what if my password gets stolen and the thief sells my premium tanks and/or dismisses my crews - just because of "fun". Of course, I have attached my phone number to my account but I have already used the one and only option to recover a sold premium tank. And it wouldn't work in more than 1 cases, either. So, with my phone I could use my account again but what about the damage he has done? Is there an option to recover the account to a former state i.e. when it had not been hacked? 

 

In that case just write to the support, they'll restore the account to the earlier state. It's not the same as recovering sold premium tank (where they "give" you premium tank you already had and just charge ingame credits for it). This will reset your account to the state it was prior to all the selling and dismissing.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users