Predetermine the future of the maps in World of Tanks!

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:01 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Have your say as to which maps the developers should focus on in the upcoming updates!

Full news text

andrys9 #2 Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 40540 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

POPULAR

40maps :) hmz would love that. somehow per evening i get 3-4at most. maybe solve this first.........

5_InchFl0ppy #3 Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40706 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
This is actually a good thing WG are doing here.

Kazy_K #4 Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26644 battles
  • [DACUS] DACUS

add more maps 2-3 maps i see in 50 battles  and more maps for team battle

Gremlin182 #5 Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:48 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 45365 battles

I only marked down highway as out of them all thats the one I find ends up with very bad games.

Mostly the maps are fine but often played very badly.

Take one not in your list laketown that could do with a rework as its a nightmare in loads of games,

Any map which once a path is chosen the only way to change is to go back to your starting point is imo bad.

I think too there should be an even spread of seasonal maps so roughly 1 third each of winter summer desert.

Most of these should be either open or mixed terrain then a small number of city maps.

btw I like the new Pilsen map well done

strujaoi #6 Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 58348 battles
  • [S-V] S-V
[Edited]

Edited by FireflyDivision, 25 January 2016 - 01:18 AM.
This post has been edited by a member of the moderation team, due to inappropriate content. -FireflyDivision

f_r_o_n_t_s_c_h_w_e_i_n #7 Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 44455 battles
It's a pity WG have "forgotten" Ruinberg/Winterberg. Please remove one or both - or, open up the atriums in the city so tanks can use this thight space. It would be more fun. Sometimes i face the Tribunal because this map is so darn boring.

chowriit #8 Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24741 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

Where's Mountain Pass? That map is absolutely terrible if you're not top tier and driving a heavy tank, I don't know a single player who likes it. It's not even worthwhile in any other mode, as it's always a stupid campfest in SHs and CWs too.

Edit: Selected Fisherman's Bay, because WG needs to fix the crashes that that map is causing for half the playerbase. It's been what, a year now?

Edited by chowriit, 22 January 2016 - 12:58 PM.

Codis172 #9 Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29286 battles
In Fishermans bay I would focus on the right side with the hill bits. (windmill side) I notice that I never have good games in TD's on that side, you climb the small hill, get spotted, shot and you retreat. I just can't play decent, it's like peek-a-boo-ing with a Td the whole match. When I am on the other side I rarely have bad games, I can shoot and stay there longer with a great view. If I get shot I can quickly drive behind a house or rock for cover.

Somnorila #10 Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55147 battles
  • [4-YOU] 4-YOU

I voted for the first 5, Stalingrad, Kharkov, Fjords, Windstorm, Ensk and this is why.

Stalingrad is cluttered, there are misleading blocked paths and cover positions where shots can be made through rubble. Arty has few options but at the same time people on the ground on certain locations have a false sense of safety where arty can punish them. This may seem balanced but as long those positions and situations are difficult to foresee, from my perspective the map has a bad design and is annoying for many, specially for beginners. There is no place on this map for snipers, low armored tanks, specially if they are not flexible enough like LT's, are in just for being prey to top MT's, armored TD's and HT's. Even the possibility to flank is negated as to do that you have to circle most of the map while fighting at corners to maybe some scarce lost enemy defenders.

Kharkov although a bit better than the previous mainly because is not that cluttered, checks all the other drawbacks.

Fjords and Windstorm, i actually like them but i choose them because whenever i play them i tend to choose only to fight in one side which at least for me means that the maps can be improved so that be equally playable on every side you would choose. Right now i find that both maps are best played by pressuring and occupying the zone from F line to the north as the south part is more or less harder to contest and irrelevant anyway.

Ensk is not that bad, although maybe i would add more gaps between the middle trains so that you can connect the open field to the city square. But i can work with it the way it is now, the only big thing i believe it needs is to be played only by low and mid tiers. It shouldn't see tanks higher than tier 6. 

Edited by Somnorila, 22 January 2016 - 01:04 PM.

NakedPassenger #11 Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32129 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

The thing is, that there are maps I really like in different modes. I dislike playing Serene Coast in Randoms and absolutely love it in skirmishes.

The only thing what I see from the results is, that there are too many non open maps. I like them all.

btw. what about Overlord and Pilsen in the skirmish pool?

Edited by NakedPassenger, 22 January 2016 - 01:01 PM.

numb3r13 #12 Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:01 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 14983 battles
lets fix the map rotation first , then we can talk about the corridor maps.

Mis_fit #13 Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9446 battles
max 5 maps where you get 40 maps...wg rly ?:D

Emily_1 #14 Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8400 battles
Good job with the poll but you forgot Widepark, failberg on winter/fire, Himmelstard

Mis_fit #15 Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9446 battles

View Postnumb3r13, on 22 January 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

lets fix the map rotation first , then we can talk about the corridor maps.

they make corridor maps to maus and others armored tanks,but destroy LT class thats wg say :D

BlackPanther44 #16 Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 89259 battles
  • [-YO-] -YO-

View PostGremlin182, on 22 January 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:

I only marked down highway as out of them all thats the one I find ends up with very bad games.

Mostly the maps are fine but often played very badly.

Take one not in your list laketown that could do with a rework as its a nightmare in loads of games,

Any map which once a path is chosen the only way to change is to go back to your starting point is imo bad.

I think too there should be an even spread of seasonal maps so roughly 1 third each of winter summer desert.

Most of these should be either open or mixed terrain then a small number of city maps.

btw I like the new Pilsen map well done

Completely agree with that.

All maps are fine, just need to adapt diferent tactics

thestaggy #17 Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14686 battles

Fisherman's Bay - Two corridors flanking a peak-a-boom area. Massive dead zones around the spawns. I personally cannot drive near the north spawn because my game crashes, so there is that as well. . .

Stalingrad - Only way I can describe it is ''Wat?'' Pointless map is pointless.

Fjords - Go left, peak-a-boom. Go middle, peak-a-boom. Go north up the mountain in your slow top-tier heavy, peak-a-boom.

Ensk - Too small. Mittengard is enough turkey-shooting.

Kharkov - See Stalingrad. Even the open side is a corridor as you all hug the ridge to avoid arty. Better, but still not good.

Honourable mentions;

Erlenberg - Because derp and neither flank is winnable if the opposition has dug in. OP TD/camper hills down the 1-line.

Lakeville - Valley.

Overlord - Beach.

Edited by thestaggy, 22 January 2016 - 01:10 PM.

BlackPanther44 #18 Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 89259 battles
  • [-YO-] -YO-
instead of removing some maps, why dont you give the option for us to choose witch map we would like to play in the begining

Cobra6 #19 Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16295 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

So you are going to *improve* these 5 maps, not blatantly remove them? Sounds like a good plan.

However, this game might have close to 40 maps which is all fine and dandy, but in reality most of us only see 10 maximum while playing.

Maybe also improve the map rotation on the servers while you are at it.

Oh and please leave open maps like Malinovka alone, there are already so little open maps where light tanks can be useful so if you start clogging that one up with more useless terrain that breaks LoS light tank missions will become impossible.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 22 January 2016 - 01:18 PM.

bubo_bubo #20 Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 91694 battles

I'm sorry... what?! There are no Prokrorovka/Fiery Salient and Westfield on the list?! Are you kidding me?

Westfield is a disaster if you're on top of the hill and there is arty because it's a killing ground and you need to have either monster armor or excellent gun depression. The map offers very little flexibility and victory comes down to enemy making mistakes, not your team making the right decisions.

Prokrorovka/Fiery Salient, oh god, those two... first problem is there is two of them. Second problem is that they are the biggest campfests in the game! 1-2 line is nothing but camping and one side has a severe advantage in wrecks and bushes covering most of their side including the LT spotting bush approach. The middle spotting is nonsense and doesn't work unless  the enemy is a WTF100. The middle rail can shoot at the hill provided there is no arty to suppress the middle rail. And the hill group can't move unless the arty softens up the other hill side. The 1-2 lines are neutralized by flanking done by the surviving hill group.

Just like Westfield, this map relies on the other team being stupid which we got a lot of in WoT lately.

Why are Stalingrad and Khrakov on the list?!?!? Those two maps provide lots of flanking opportunities, lots of hulldown, lots of cover. These maps are dynamic because of all that cover. Players are less scared of moving from place to place to advance or retreat. These maps provide tactical opportunities.

What the [edited]is wrong with everyone in this game?! Two new maps that actually have good design are the most voted on for hated maps? Seriously?! What is wrong with you people?!

And Ensk isn't the problem, the tier spread for it is because it's a tiny and tight map and tier 7+ have some big tanks and it makes a mess. Reduce it to Tier 6 and bellow. And block some maps for tanks Tier 6 and bellow as well.

Some maps don't work well with higher tiers due to their design. Want people to play other tiers as well? Make it so they don't see the same maps over and over again with any tier they play. Categorise maps into four three categories. Tier 1-2, Tier 2-6, Tier 6-10 and Universal.

Edited by bubo_bubo, 22 January 2016 - 01:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users