AW fail, wot I am back.

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

clocky #21 Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19693 battles
  • [ONB] ONB

I really don't know what to do here. Cry or laugh. I mean cry because AW lost a very bad player or laugh that WOT got one abysmal  player back. 

Balc0ra #22 Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69185 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Well WG did do the same for their streamers and youtubers... but they gave those the 220 back before it was sold normally "not the B version, tho some got that early by mistake like Rita". And they did say it will be available to others later by different means in AW "I expect by sale". As premium tanks and clone tanks with "skins" is the only real way they can make money it seems. After all they made everything else more or less "free" that WG makes much of their profit of in small doses form everyone vs tanks that is something most by early on and then stop as they don't need more "collectors aside. Besides the ability to turn a normal tank into a "premium" so it makes more money and XP once you elite it. I suspect they make a large profit on that. As the credit multiplier given then is on pair with the few low tier premiums I have "gotten them all free mind you, even the T92 Light"

But the Obj 155 deal was the last straw for me. First it was only for closed beta testers. A unique tank that not many had, and you did not see that many of them after the first week. But then like so many other things, AW did listen to their players that did not get it and did not feel "special". So they gave em to everyone that installed their version of the test server to. So now everyone has it. Not even a "B" version like the 220 have to set it apart for the rest of us. It's nice to see a game company that listens to their players. But there is listening and taking it into account and thinking of how it would affect the game in the long run. And then there is doing everything the players want just to keep them "happy". I suspect the latter will be AW demise in the long run if they keep this up. Same as the balancing department did ruin WT GF in the long run.

gpalsson #23 Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:13 PM

General

• Player
  • 23907 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPfooogel, on 23 January 2016 - 12:57 PM, said:

well after all arty of aw is a carbon copy of wot arty with some slight number tweaking. nothing different by any means.

Well I wouldn't actually mind that at all, if only they had improved in WoT. Sadly they didn't.

1) Shot delay is much worse than ghost shells. Bad decision.

2) Arty is still retarded, no matter what. Bad decision.

3) MBT's in higher tiers makes everything else obsolete. Bad balancing.

4) PvE is currently poorly implemented and boring.

5) A lot of what makes WoT fun, like angling you tank to maximize armor and armor vs environment is gone in AW, because the penetration values vs armor values are poorly thought out. Maybe it is realistic or some crap, but I don't give a fvck. It's also a lot more boring. MBT's have tiny weakspots on the front, with almost everything being impenetrable. TD's penning MBTs? LOLNOPE. If an MBT turns slightly, everyone will pen it's side. But only MBTs and TDs. Because AFVs, they won't even be able to pen the sides.

6) Idiotic shitty spotting system, catering for the already pampered MBT players who go to the forum depring "BUT MBTs IN REAL LIFE MASTERRACE, MUST ALSO BE IN GAME" and seemingly Obsidian also thinks this is the way it should be.

Regarding the MBTs...for those who have not tried AW, I can try to explain it in WoT terms.

Think about an O-I in WoT. Tiny weakspot. Then consider you have 120 pen and no premium shells. Then consider that all heavies are like that, only they are faster, turns better although their alpha is lower.

That's how they made almost ALL higher tiered MBT's in AW. It's just retarded.

Edited by gpalsson, 23 January 2016 - 02:19 PM.

HundeWurst #24 Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:21 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 72941 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View Postgpalsson, on 23 January 2016 - 02:13 PM, said:

Well I wouldn't actually mind that at all, if only they had improved in WoT. Sadly they didn't.

1) Shot delay is much worse than ghost shells. Bad decision.

2) Arty is still retarded, no matter what. Bad decision.

3) MBT's in higher tiers makes everything else obsolete. Bad balancing.

5) A lot of what makes WoT fun, like angling you tank to maximize armor and armor vs environment is gone in AW, because the penetration values vs armor values are poorly thought out. Maybe it is realistic or some crap, but I don't give a fvck. It's also a lot more boring. MBT's have tiny weakspots on the front, with almost everything being impenetrable. TD's penning MBTs? LOLNOPE. If an MBT turns slightly, everyone will pen it's side. But only MBTs and TDs. Because AFVs, they won't even be able to pen the sides.

6) Raelly shitty spotting system.

Regarding the MBTs...for those who have not tried AW, I can try to explain it in WoT terms.

Think about an O-I in WoT. Tiny weakspot. Then consider you have 120 pen and no premium shells. Then consider that all heavies are like that, only they are faster, turns better although their alpha is lower.

That's how they made almost ALL higher tiered MBT's in AW. It's just retarded.

that is all true. they listened to much to their community and made mbts in a way that even a half dead donkey has success in them. they took away a lot of the "skill requirements" wot has in terms for armor and its usage.

also while aw claims that they reduced the rng, it is actually even bigger than in wot.

yes there are just 10% on penetration and damage but aiming.... with that shot delay, abysmal small weakspots its actually more rng than wot has.

there is most likely a good reason why certain bigger streamers never stream aw any more, even though by now they also play other games than wot on stream on a regular base.

Flustered_Ferret #25 Posted 23 January 2016 - 03:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 1365 battles

Still enjoying AW - PvE mode anyway. Playing it a lot more than WoT...then again I'm playing WoWS more than WoT...

Still, always good to see an old-timer return. ;)

Dis4ster #26 Posted 23 January 2016 - 03:10 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27952 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 January 2016 - 02:12 PM, said:

Well WG did do the same for their streamers and youtubers... but they gave those the 220 back before it was sold normally "not the B version, tho some got that early by mistake like Rita". And they did say it will be available to others later by different means in AW "I expect by sale". As premium tanks and clone tanks with "skins" is the only real way they can make money it seems. After all they made everything else more or less "free" that WG makes much of their profit of in small doses form everyone vs tanks that is something most by early on and then stop as they don't need more "collectors aside. Besides the ability to turn a normal tank into a "premium" so it makes more money and XP once you elite it. I suspect they make a large profit on that. As the credit multiplier given then is on pair with the few low tier premiums I have "gotten them all free mind you, even the T92 Light"

But the Obj 155 deal was the last straw for me. First it was only for closed beta testers. A unique tank that not many had, and you did not see that many of them after the first week. But then like so many other things, AW did listen to their players that did not get it and did not feel "special". So they gave em to everyone that installed their version of the test server to. So now everyone has it. Not even a "B" version like the 220 have to set it apart for the rest of us. It's nice to see a game company that listens to their players. But there is listening and taking it into account and thinking of how it would affect the game in the long run. And then there is doing everything the players want just to keep them "happy". I suspect the latter will be AW demise in the long run if they keep this up. Same as the balancing department did ruin WT GF in the long run.

Wait, elite tanks turn into premium tanks in AW? Thats almost what i suggested for WoT a long time ago, if you play 1k battles with the same tank it should turn into a veteran tank, it would get a special veteran skin/camo(not a must) and premium tank status(crews and income).

Flustered_Ferret #27 Posted 23 January 2016 - 03:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 1365 battles

View PostDis4ster, on 23 January 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

Wait, elite tanks turn into premium tanks in AW? Thats almost what i suggested for WoT a long time ago, if you play 1k battles with the same tank it should turn into a veteran tank, it would get a special veteran skin/camo(not a must) and premium tank status(crews and income).

Sort of...but you have to fork out 450 gold to buy the "battle hardened" upgrade, which allows the tank to earn extra credits and Rep (XP) - about 15% I think.

So you can make all your elited tanks premiums...for a price...

Don_Bombeu #28 Posted 24 January 2016 - 11:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6655 battles

View PostFlustered_Ferret, on 23 January 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

Sort of...but you have to fork out 450 gold to buy the "battle hardened" upgrade, which allows the tank to earn extra credits and Rep (XP) - about 15% I think.

So you can make all your elited tanks premiums...for a price...

10% Reputation (XP) and 25% credits

Battle Hardened Tier 6 = 1600 gold

Premium Tank Tier 6 = 3250 gold

Impact:

ScreenShot0007.jpg

PS. No "special cheat" premium ammo and same "specials" mods for my victory (money is not enough for victory in this game:coin:)

Fck AW, WoT is the best!:child:  

Edited by _Faliment_, 24 January 2016 - 12:17 PM.

Don_Bombeu #29 Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6655 battles

View PostPfooogel, on 23 January 2016 - 01:21 PM, said:

that is all true. they listened to much to their community and made mbts in a way that even a half dead donkey has success in them. they took away a lot of the "skill requirements" wot has in terms for armor and its usage.

also while aw claims that they reduced the rng, it is actually even bigger than in wot.

You're so smart... :facepalm:

Blue MBT vs. red MBT's, nobody wins. No premium ammo, no victory, all battles draw!

gpalsson #30 Posted 24 January 2016 - 04:02 PM

General

• Player
  • 23907 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post_Faliment_, on 24 January 2016 - 02:20 PM, said:

You're so smart... :facepalm:

Blue MBT vs. red MBT's, nobody wins. No premium ammo, no victory, all battles draw!

:amazed:

L0ddy #31 Posted 24 January 2016 - 05:10 PM

Major

• Player
  • 86266 battles
  • [TWD] TWD
tried it once & spent so long in the queue i gave up, fired up wot & instant game. that told me all i needed to know :)

Edited by L0ddy, 24 January 2016 - 05:11 PM.

apulunas #32 Posted 24 January 2016 - 05:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32176 battles
  • [W0LVE] W0LVE
i play a few games daily in aw, the game is actually improving, but slowly.

zeppombal #33 Posted 24 January 2016 - 06:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13774 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

For me, AW serves the same purpose as War Thunder Tanks: play it once, realize I can't farm WN8 in it, go back to W.o.T.

Seriously though, it's not a bad game and I play it from time to time, but it's very very far from being the W.o.T crusher it was anticipated to be.

Don_Bombeu #34 Posted 24 January 2016 - 07:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6655 battles

View Postsquarerigger, on 22 January 2016 - 10:13 PM, said:

Well all, your resident tomato, me, is back. I figure if AW is going to be wot lite, I may as well come back to the original. The "exclusive" Chietan mk 6 was the last straw. If they are going to pull these war gaming tricks I will just stay with WG. So if you want to say I told you so, go ahead.

Unfortunately, Armored Warfare requires a functional brain.

Chieftain? Ashhhhhhhhhhhhhh, premium ammo and hundreds of WoT P2W are much better.

Welcome back, commander! :child:

Don_Bombeu #35 Posted 24 January 2016 - 07:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6655 battles

View Postgpalsson, on 24 January 2016 - 03:02 PM, said:

http://www.fprado.co...site/abrams.htm

Impenetrable in front.

So just smart commanders can beat another mbt in direct confrontation.
This game does not just mean in this face to face and gold ammo in the gun.

gpalsson #36 Posted 24 January 2016 - 07:49 PM

General

• Player
  • 23907 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post_Faliment_, on 24 January 2016 - 06:41 PM, said:

http://www.fprado.co...site/abrams.htm

Impenetrable in front.

So just smart commanders can beat another mbt in direct confrontation.
This game does not just mean in this face to face and gold ammo in the gun.

Yeah...I met a fair share of "smart" commanders in AW.

MBTards who whenever an AFV kills then will whine about what area MBT's needs buffs in next to beat AFVs, because having better gun, much better armor (many AFVs can't even pen sides of MBTs), good enough mobility and viewrange enough to spot AFVs as soon as they shoot isn't enough.

No, Obsidian completely fvcked up when they tried to balance higher tiers, and listened way too much to MBTards.

At the time tier 9 tanks came out, MBTs had buffs in every single patch, and the tier 9s were so ridicules that I simply quit when I saw the stats and the armor schemes.

The only thing AFVs has going for them was the shot delay (effectively a bug), because it is ridiculously hard to hit fast moving targets with a large delay like that.

TDs pretty much just sucks.

LTs are some weird hybrid of TDs and AFVs - just as useless, but all must bow to the mightly MBTs who have to be able to crush all and everything for some unknown reason. 

In the end, since I had no interest shooting pixel weakspots on other MBT's, and all other classes sucks, I quit.

Edited by gpalsson, 24 January 2016 - 07:54 PM.

Don_Bombeu #37 Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6655 battles

View Postgpalsson, on 24 January 2016 - 06:49 PM, said:

Yeah...I met a fair share of "smart" commanders in AW.

If he wins, you are better. Not valid in WoT, overflowing with p2w.

gpalsson #38 Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:25 PM

General

• Player
  • 23907 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post_Faliment_, on 24 January 2016 - 07:18 PM, said:

If he wins, you are better. Not valid in WoT, overflowing with p2w.

You are making no sense.

I guess it's not worth discussing anything with you, since you don't really write why you have an opinion, just state "fact" and even contradict yourself in the same sentence. 

Bombardici #39 Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:07 AM

Private

• Player
  • 877 battles

ScreenShot001.jpg

I love this game.  Rewards for your contribution in battle.

In WoT, the winners have everything. It's ridiculous when a winner with 300 damages to be better paid than a defeated with 3000 damage.
WoT MM, epic fail.
WoT rewards, epic fail.

Edited by Bombardici, 25 January 2016 - 02:10 AM.

Don_Bombeu #40 Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:57 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6655 battles

View Postgpalsson, on 23 January 2016 - 01:13 PM, said:

Last night:

In WoT, PvE is perfect but ... where is it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users