Baltika #3
Utenos
Baltika #9

But haven't found Nevskoe outside Russia or Ukraine :(

Treehuggin #22 Posted 04 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15537 battles
As much as I am proud of Polish breweries and their success abroad (at least from what I can tell from your posts -- that you liked their beer) I am kind of amazed that you guys consider these (Tyskie, Zywiec, Lech) to be good brews. Sure, they are fine when you want to go to a pub and get wasted and you're on a budget.

There is, however, much bigger world out there, tons and tons of small breweries that make great beer that's maybe a little more pricey and tougher to find but well worth it. Go out and explore the wonderful world of Czech, Polish, German and Belgian (to name a few) beer and that will open your eyes: beer from the big concern breweries is barely passable.

Also: Do you know the difference between American beer and making love in a canoe? Both are f***ing close to water. :P

I like porters (Żywiec Porter) and wheat beer (Paulaner <3) better than lagers, so don't mind me: after all, it's all matter of taste :)

andivnk #23 Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 8851 battles
well, my favorite without a doubt is called Silva Dark (brewed in Romania after a Belgian recipe) :Smile-izmena:
and second best is a photo finish between Beck's and Skol

somebody was asking about Peroni... if you ask that thing is horrible :blink:

Warynsky #24 Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:23 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 8434 battles
OK, now lets play WORST lagers.

1. Fosters
2. Carling
3. Carlsberg Green
4. Budweiser
5. Tetley

:rolleyes:

steview162 #25 Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:23 PM

Brigadier

• Clan Diplomat
  • 35437 battles
  • [-T-O-] -T-O-
Tennents Special Brew, Tennents, Tennents Extra Cold, anything else by Tennents.
Fosters, Miller Genuine Draft, Carling, Budweiser, Newkie Brown Ale - all chemical hangover makers.

OldIronsides #26 Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4297 battles
I prefer rather dry beers, so my everyday-beer brands (not in a literal way ;) ) are Jever, Beck's and Haake-Beck. Beck's of course is rather well-known and they enlarged their range of products by making strange things like the rather mild Beck's Gold and fancy drinks where they mix beer with different tastes of fruits... but the classical Beck's in the green bottle is still a nice beer. Haake-Beck belongs to Beck's as well, even though it is the original product of that old brewery from my hometown of Bremen that is now sold only in the region around it. While the common Haake-Beck "Pils" (what you refer to as "Lager") is not any great specialty, Haake-Beck "Kräusen" really is a delight in terms of beer! It's a rather hazy variation with a quite unique taste. There's nothing better than a big glass (it only comes to it's full glory when sipped out of a glass!) of Kräusen after dinner or with a couple of friends to enjoy the end of a hard working day.

PS: Wheat in beer is nothing more than water pollution  :Smile-hiding:

Turvas #27 Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:24 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 2386 battles
Do not like imports much, so I drink local. Best (IMHO) local, Estonian, beers are:
1.Rock
2.Kuld
3.Premium

I know that this is probably not the most popular list and some other estonian would scream sacriliege that I put Rock as first, but hey, I like it

View PostDarkmm, on 04 September 2011 - 03:25 PM, said:

Hmmm interesting question

I'd have to go

Nevskoe
Baltika #3
Utenos
Baltika #9

But haven't found Nevskoe outside Russia or Ukraine :(
BTW, if you have to for some reason drink non-alco beer, then Baltika makes best- at least from all the alco-free beers that are available in Estonia, Baltika is closest to the real thing. Others are just crap.

steview162 #28 Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:56 AM

Brigadier

• Clan Diplomat
  • 35437 battles
  • [-T-O-] -T-O-
Heading on a battlefield tour/roadtrip at the end of the month, heading for Arnhem, Bastogne, La gleize for the KT, maybe heading for Munich( in October, oh yeah)if the timetable allows. Any suggestions of good beers to look out for?

Vosahlo #29 Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:43 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15539 battles
  • [CSA-V] CSA-V
Pilsner urquel, best beer on the world...
nobody can say anything else (those who say anything else are liars)

TheRaggedMan #30 Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3764 battles
  • [THEC] THEC

View PostWarynsky, on 04 September 2011 - 08:23 PM, said:

5. Tetley

I see the problem, they make tea don't they? ;)

Never been a lager drinker - aside from the odd can of piss like Fosters et al - prefer sticking to JD.

Schurmeyer #31 Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:05 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 36615 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Jeez, I see there has been neg rep handed out. Why on earth would anyone do that, on a thread that's purely a matter of taste and enjoyment?
There's some nasty bits of work out there to be sure...  <_<

steview162 #32 Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:42 PM

Brigadier

• Clan Diplomat
  • 35437 battles
  • [-T-O-] -T-O-
:D , kids who can't drink yet?

manti111 #33 Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 25769 battles
  • [CIRC2] CIRC2
Neutralled some negs (cannot neutral my own negs). It is possible to disable to be able to vote negative, meaning only positive is possible.

manti111 #34 Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 25769 battles
  • [CIRC2] CIRC2

View Poststeview162, on 05 September 2011 - 09:56 AM, said:

Heading on a battlefield tour/roadtrip at the end of the month, heading for Arnhem, Bastogne, La gleize for the KT, maybe heading for Munich( in October, oh yeah)if the timetable allows. Any suggestions of good beers to look out for?

Only drinkeable Dutch beer is Hertog Jan, Amstel should also not be too bad. Avoid Bavaria and Heineken at all costs when in the Netherlands. Some common German and Belgian beers are good available in the Netherlands. Most German beers taste good thanks to the "Reinheitsgebot", which in short means only barley (-malt), water and hops are used in the brewing process (yeast to create to beer of course, but that is not noted as the yeast itself is not contained in the bottle). Jever, Bittburger (all German) taste really good. Most foreigners like Grolsch for some reason, but here in my city most of us find it undrinkable.

For the Belgians, I am not really into Belgian beers, but generally most Belgians beers should taste good. Only one I really once tried was Palm, did not taste too bad.

steview162 #35 Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:45 PM

Brigadier

• Clan Diplomat
  • 35437 battles
  • [-T-O-] -T-O-

View Postmanti111, on 05 September 2011 - 09:35 PM, said:

Only drinkeable Dutch beer is Hertog Jan, Amstel should also not be too bad. Avoid Bavaria and Heineken at all costs when in the Netherlands. Some common German and Belgian beers are good available in the Netherlands. Most German beers taste good thanks to the "Reinheitsgebot", which in short means only barley (-malt), water and hops are used in the brewing process (yeast to create to beer of course, but that is not noted as the yeast itself is not contained in the bottle). Jever, Bittburger (all German) taste really good. Most foreigners like Grolsch for some reason, but here in my city most of us find it undrinkable.

For the Belgians, I am not really into Belgian beers, but generally most Belgians beers should taste good. Only one I really once tried was Palm, did not taste too bad.

Thx for that. Have tried Bittburger, very nice, but i wouldn't touch Grolsch with someone elses tongue.  Will look out for the rest tho.

Warynsky #36 Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:54 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 8434 battles

View PostTheRaggedMan, on 05 September 2011 - 06:03 PM, said:

I see the problem, they make tea don't they? ;)

Never been a lager drinker - aside from the odd can of piss like Fosters et al - prefer sticking to JD.

http://en.wikipedia....tley's_tins.jpg

:rolleyes:

Arkhell #37 Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:50 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles

View Posttheta0123, on 04 September 2011 - 12:09 PM, said:

I am proud!

Hertog jan is also a nice Dutch beer btw. But heiniken is like Piss. Bear Grylles thought it was piss..

Hertog Jan Grand Prestige the beer of kings! also goes for Leffe Triple (nice belgian beer).

disclaimer: drinking more then 3 will result in a massive hangover ;)

back when i was in the USA thay had one called Miller High Life it's a good one for hot days to just chillax with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users