Russian meds. its just me or really they are OP!

Russian meds

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Treicy #1 Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20604 battles

Here's my problem. i play this game for one year. when i start play i simply chose one tank and it was leopard1. all nice and cool. i really like it. but after 1 year i see that leopard1 is worst med tank of all nations. Leopard1 lose to every single med in 1vs1 fight. but this fact just lead me to the topic... in game i see these russian meds. starting with ojb140 which is ''most epic'' followed by T62A, ojb 430 and continuing with tier 9 OP russian meds and even tier8. so what i am talking about. basically ojb140/T62A/ojb430 are better in every single stat except aim time.[leopard1 1.9 - ojb140 2.1]. some of u might say - NO! leopard1 is faster. so here i go - think again! on paper leopard have 65 km/h while ojb140 55km/h. but it doesnt show stuff with low letters like ground resistance and so on. If u wanna drage race across the map. ofc Leopard1 win. but its about agile and leopard acceleration is worth coz of weight and ground resistance. so here is link http://tanks.gg/wot/...compare:obj-140 where i compare leopard1 and ojb140.i guess i dont have to mention that ojb have like 5 sec reload while leopard1 as sniper tank with no armor have 7 seconds... yeah i know about dmg difference. but ojb have more reliable dmg than leopard1. coz leopard can even roll 293 dmg. ofc if u roll 488 then lick your fingers coz u are happy guy!  But that not all. most epic of all this is that ojb140 as medium tank can do side scrape. and not just tier10. even ojb416 tier 8 tank did sidescrape on my leopard1. so u think its balanced? 

So my point is - russian meds are so OP coz this game is made by russians or back in days russians really learned how to make agile IS-7 and named ir ojb 140? But they one of biggest enemy - Germany stood same dumb and made paper tanks for ever after!

Might sound - ''here's another leopard1 fan''. well u are right! so basically i want that russian meds are nerfed or leopard1 get like 6 second reload instead so it has atleast a little chance to win other meds. for example Centurion AX who have 10 gun depression while leopard have 9, but leopard1 turret is crapwhile centurion have auto bounce on turret if he use ridge line and gun depression.

Edited by Treicy, 28 January 2016 - 11:22 PM.

maroar #2 Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29670 battles
  • [G__G] G__G

I have a much easier time doing damage and winning in my Leopard PTA than I have/had in all my other T9 tanks.

I really don't see what is wrong with this tank or with the Leopard 1 (I dont have it yet).

They require a very different playstyle than the USSR meds, due to this they are good for randoms but seldom used en masse in in team modes.

And your AX and Leo 1 comparison, fails to include the difference in gun handling, the better camo value of the Leo 1 and the speed difference.

Karukute #3 Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6145 battles

So you're comparing hard and soft stats, as well as your own personal opinion and coming to a solid conclusion that only Russian mediums have an overwhelming advantage compared to your leopard 1.

Breaking down your analysis, you compare the reloads of the tanks which both have different alpha damages (390 versus 320), then conclude the Object has more reliable damage? It can roll as low as 240, significantly below the leopards low roll. The upper bound of the Objects damage is only slightly above the Leopards average damage, meaning shot for shot the Leopard has more consistent damage. Comparing damage statistics (link) the difference is minimal comparing the two tanks in regards to damage dealt. 

Even considering above, you have a lot more worries from other mediums in regards to their damage consistency. The object 140 is the least of your worries (Also damage consistency wise Leo beats out the T-62A and Object 430, the latter by a large margin).

Continue playing your tank, learn how to counter other tanks effectively, if you decide to get into a brawl war with an Object 140 or other Russian Mediums, that is your failing considering you chose to fight within its play style territory.

Edited by Karukute, 28 January 2016 - 11:45 PM.

Weaponise #4 Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6889 battles
Get an e50 and use your armour and bully

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #5 Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles
Rather use T-54 thats tiny. with dome turret and 330heat autopen.

Treicy #6 Posted 29 January 2016 - 12:32 AM

Private

• Player
  • 20604 battles

ok. Stats show that leopard average dmg is 2000. so basically if leo reload time would be reduced to 6 seconds. leopard average dmg would go up like 2500. ok Its kinda unfair. Its theory how u have to play each tank is one thing. but in reality in most often times it doesnt work. Coz that ojb will run on u if its 1vs1 coz he know his advantage and he will use it. Leopard lose. In situation when there is like building. ojb do sidescrap while leopard sidescrape is for cats. when u fight for example - ridge line/little rock/bushes u can trade like shot where basically leopard have advantage but in same time not. coz u can hide after shot. basically there is no matter that ojb have 5 secs and leo 7 seconds. coz leo will fight again after reload, but in same time Ojb can already take a shot position. use his armor which is like IS-7. and when u come out do next shot Ojb already take shot on u and u can be happy if u get shot back.  so what i wanna say. its not about overall game play or how i should play it when some1 spot for me or i have perfect bushes. i talk about fact that leopard1 lose to every single med in game. i think even to AMX 30B coz it's better sloped tank. might get easy bounce. coz when i fight any other nation i dont have this problem. coz i dont have to look really carefully for weak spot at med tank. and it shouldnt be like that. coz if u have to look for weak spot that mean its heavy tank not even more agily tank that leopard1 and better armor and better dpm. 

and i get pissed when ppl say leo have better gun and it is faster. about gun we can discus but about speed... for me its like - bulshit.

about alpha dmg. leopard alpha is 293-488. basically u can make shot with 200 dmg difference. i am not 100% sure but but ojb alpha might be around 240- 400. so it means ojb have more stable dmg. coz very often i got this ''one shot'' which end up in 2 shots. sometimes it end up lost hp or even destroyed tank. sometime it cost me just one more bullet and time.

Hard_Target #7 Posted 29 January 2016 - 12:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 71228 battles

Russian meds are OP,and every one who will write that they are not op, hes an i*****

They are just to damn good with that gun handling and overall good tank.

For T10 CWs they are No1. Same for T8 SH OP IS3

Homer_J #8 Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:48 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28692 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTreicy, on 28 January 2016 - 10:20 PM, said:

. in game i see these russian meds. starting with ojb140 which is ''most epic'' followed by T62A, ojb 430 and continuing with tier 9 OP russian meds and even tier8.

Go get yourself some of those tanks and show us how OP they are.

I suspect you will change your mind, or of course WG will secretly nerf them before you get there.:child:

Per_Saukko_EU #9 Posted 29 January 2016 - 03:49 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 30001 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

The OP is completely right. There is no reason at all to play tier X paper tanks like Leo, AMX 30B or STB. Why? Normally you play a paper tank in order to get better mobility, camo, view range and gun over the armored mediums. This isn't the case in tier X.

The Russians are just as mobile(if not more) than the paper tanks, they have better camo and a very good view range. They also get guns that are as good. The only benefit the paper tanks have is the gun depression. Yay. The problem is that the hard counter against gun depression is the Russian turret armor.

It is retarded that the Russians have very good on-the-move gun capabilities and in the ridge fights where the paper tanks are supposed to excel, they are the ones who need to stop to aim on the cupolas of the Russian turrets while the Russians just snap shot any part of the Leo's turret, hit very often and keep moving. The Russians have a very low profile and don't have to expose themselves much and they are so fast and agile that the chance of hitting the small cupolas is low. The Russian mobility combined with turret bloom when traversing turret or moving makes this a very unfair fight as even correctly clicked shots are unlikely to hit on the cupolas of the fast, constantly moving Russians. There is no doubt that the Russians totally obsolete the paper mediums.

Even in big and open maps the Russian guns work very well for sniping and work better. The guns are accurate and the turret armor allows them to always find a position where they are borderline impossible to damage. They have great mobility, great camo and accurate, fast aiming guns. The view range is very good as well.

In the city/corridor maps the armor just gives them a huge advantage and they can even fight enemy heavies. They can also seal club the lower tiers with ease while the Leo needs to jerk off and wait for the perfect opportunity to fall from the sky to do anything. Which is more effective?

Simply put, whatever Leopard 1 can do well, the Russian mediums can do just as well or better. And they can do much more than that. In 90% of the maps, the Russians are just strict upgrades over a Leo.

This is the problem with designing tanks that have no downsides at all. When a tank is an excellent sniper, excellent ridge fighter, excellent brawler, has excellent camo and excellent armor, this is the result. What the Russians need is a serious gun handling nerf. Right now it's just poor design that the tanks with the best armor also have the fastest aiming guns and the paper tanks are the ones that have to stop to aim(and expose themselves to easy damage) in order to have any chance of damaging them.

But let's be positive. E5 is currently even more broken and obsoletes all heavies and non-Russian mediums completely. The Russians are not quite as broken as they only obsolete all other mediums and only like 75% of the heavies. Tier X balance right now is fantastic. The new CS mediums just cut it deeper for Leo as they perform the same duty except they have retarded autoloaders with sick burst damage. Fun times at tier X.

Edited by Per_Saukko_EU, 29 January 2016 - 04:03 AM.

Unforgiving_Destiny #10 Posted 29 January 2016 - 05:48 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 48344 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

"Simply put, whatever Leopard 1 can do well, the Russian mediums can do just as well or better. And they can do much more than that. In 90% of the maps, the Russians are just strict upgrades over a Leo."

This and most other myths are seemingly popular among 47%-ers. I can only agree that russian meds may be better for yolo playstyle, which again is popular for average players. Nothing more. Their popularity in team games, CW is because they fill the specific role of scouting-oriented vehicles. For random play the are good but definitely not better than other meds.

Reading your post Saukko, I only wonder why the heck you do not have better stats than Dyaebl, Emu or Xena. You seem to know everything about this game with 105% confidence...

German_Dunc #11 Posted 29 January 2016 - 06:13 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37640 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Only got to the T-54 so far, as well having the T-55A.

Can't say I rate either of them above the M46 or Cent 7, to be honest. At Tier X, the Cent AX seems to outdo all of them at the moment, with the exception of the 907's silly ROF. Batchat and TVP lord it over all meds because autololz.

If the Mod.1 is an indication of how the T-44 plays then, it's okayish.

34-85 is great until you meet someone who can actually play Cromwell, then it gets royally wrecked.

Edited by duncham1, 29 January 2016 - 06:14 AM.

GTRaPToR #12 Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:15 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 20143 battles
  • [UEA] UEA

View PostTreicy, on 29 January 2016 - 01:32 AM, said:

ok. Stats show that leopard average dmg is 2000. so basically if leo reload time would be reduced to 6 seconds. leopard average dmg would go up like 2500. ok Its kinda unfair. Its theory how u have to play each tank is one thing. but in reality in most often times it doesnt work. Coz that ojb will run on u if its 1vs1 coz he know his advantage and he will use it. Leopard lose. In situation when there is like building. ojb do sidescrap while leopard sidescrape is for cats. when u fight for example - ridge line/little rock/bushes u can trade like shot where basically leopard have advantage but in same time not. coz u can hide after shot. basically there is no matter that ojb have 5 secs and leo 7 seconds. coz leo will fight again after reload, but in same time Ojb can already take a shot position. use his armor which is like IS-7. and when u come out do next shot Ojb already take shot on u and u can be happy if u get shot back.  so what i wanna say. its not about overall game play or how i should play it when some1 spot for me or i have perfect bushes. i talk about fact that leopard1 lose to every single med in game. i think even to AMX 30B coz it's better sloped tank. might get easy bounce. coz when i fight any other nation i dont have this problem. coz i dont have to look really carefully for weak spot at med tank. and it shouldnt be like that. coz if u have to look for weak spot that mean its heavy tank not even more agily tank that leopard1 and better armor and better dpm. 

and i get pissed when ppl say leo have better gun and it is faster. about gun we can discus but about speed... for me its like - bulshit.

about alpha dmg. leopard alpha is 293-488. basically u can make shot with 200 dmg difference. i am not 100% sure but but ojb alpha might be around 240- 400. so it means ojb have more stable dmg. coz very often i got this ''one shot'' which end up in 2 shots. sometimes it end up lost hp or even destroyed tank. sometime it cost me just one more bullet and time.

Leo has 2804 dpm, not 2k. Also it's not a brawler, so what are you doing with the dpm? Seems to be that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Edited by EscapeArtist, 29 January 2016 - 07:18 AM.

Treicy #13 Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 20604 battles

View PostPer_Saukko_EU, on 29 January 2016 - 03:49 AM, said:

But let's be positive. E5 is currently even more broken aem.nd obsoletes all heavies and non-Russian mediums completely. The Russians are not quite as broken as they only obsolete all other mediums and only like 75% of the heavies. Tier X balance right now is fantastic. The new CS mediums just cut it deeper for Leo as they perform the same duty except they have retarded autoloaders with sick burst damage. Fun times at tier X.

E5 is broken by accident. they made like HD version for that tank and by accident made his commander weak spot not any more weak spot! :D and Lower plate is penetrable but not as easy as IS-7.

Block Quote

Leo has 2804 dpm, not 2k. Also it's not a brawler, so what are you doing with the dpm?

I dont talk about Leo DPM or ojb140 DPM. i talk about average ingame dmg done by leo and ojb. http://www.vbaddict....e_dealt&server=

Block Quote

Can't say I rate either of them above the M46 or Cent 7, to be honest. At Tier X, the Cent AX seems to outdo all of them at the moment, with the exception of the 907's silly ROF. Batchat and TVP lord it over all meds because autololz.

autoloaders arnt problem. they have downside. its reload and basically all autoloaders are paper tanks. Ofc Batchat can take u out with one clip but if he miss even one round. he is done in duel.  40 sec reload time kills him.

Block Quote

This and most other myths are seemingly popular among 47%-ers. I can only agree that russian meds may be better for yolo playstyle, which again is popular for average players. Nothing more. Their popularity in team games, CW is because they fill the specific role of scouting-oriented vehicles. For random play the are good but definitely not better than other meds. 

I see it like this. There is Ojb 140 who is really great in random battles and even more greater in clan wars/team battles. Leopard1 is great in random battles if u play it correctly with condition that u still have teammates that support u and allow u to play leopard [edited]hiding strategy. For clan wars and team battles its garbage tank. And i dont need to prove anything coz all u can see is E5+ojb140 or E5 + BatChat in Clan wars. 

Taegus #14 Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:49 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40102 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY

View PostHard_Target, on 29 January 2016 - 12:39 AM, said:

Russian meds are OP,and every one who will write that they are not op, hes an i*****

They are just to damn good with that gun handling and overall good tank.

For T10 CWs they are No1. Same for T8 SH OP IS3

I do more damage in my m48 patton then in Object 140 or T62. For me personal M48 is a better tank for randoms :)

mondi20 #15 Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26977 battles

View PostTreicy, on 28 January 2016 - 10:20 PM, said:

But that not all. most epic of all this is that ojb140 as medium tank can do side scrape. and not just tier10. even ojb416 tier 8 tank did sidescrape on my leopard1. so u think its balanced? 

You got sidescraped by an 416 in your leopard 1 ? For real ? :D That thing has like 150mm effective armor on the turret..

Tidal_Force #16 Posted 29 January 2016 - 08:11 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16192 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postmondi20, on 29 January 2016 - 06:52 AM, said:

You got sidescraped by an 416 in your leopard 1 ? For real ? :D That thing has like 150mm effective armor on the turret..

Even Cromwell can sidescrape if you meet players bad enough (and you have gun calibres memorised).

Ehern #17 Posted 29 January 2016 - 08:13 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19206 battles
  • [DTM] DTM
speed+camo+armor+dpm

russian meds are complete op bull

lordbeefy #18 Posted 29 January 2016 - 08:18 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25922 battles
Spoiler

Edited by lordbeefy, 29 January 2016 - 08:21 AM.

lordbeefy #19 Posted 29 January 2016 - 08:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25922 battles

Apologies....my last post came up as spoiler...fault on my phone browser...apologies. 

Ehern #20 Posted 29 January 2016 - 08:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19206 battles
  • [DTM] DTM

View Postlordbeefy, on 29 January 2016 - 08:18 AM, said:

Spoiler

iam talking about T54, T62 and obj140

Also tagged with Russian meds

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users