Russian meds. its just me or really they are OP!

Russian meds

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

GuzganuRozaliu #81 Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:57 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32897 battles

View PostNeandramathal, on 22 February 2016 - 12:20 AM, said:

Good dpm, good camo, good speed, good turret armor, troll hull armor, great gun handling ... gun depression is the only thing they really lack.

The mobility is good on the russian meds, but mostly thanks to terrain resistance. The max speed and the power-to-weight ratio are just meh.

They also lack alpha damage, which is hardly a minor feature. A russian medium has to take quite a fiew extra shots to deal the same damage as a 390 alpha medium.

On a proper map like Fiery Salient, yes, russian mediums are the best tanks.

But in World of Corridors where everyone is forced to peek-a-boom the same corners, 390 alpha is KING.

If you want "OP russian medium", look no further than Object 260: basically an IS-7 without all the IS-7 drawbacks. :D 

Major_Tankosic #82 Posted 22 February 2016 - 12:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 47248 battles
  • [_PRC_] _PRC_

You should never compare directly two tanks because they are not alone in the battle. Each tank is only one of 15 different tanks and each has its own pros and cons and they should be discussed in relation to tactical situation on the ground. 

Regarding all that nonsense about Russian bias... Even if it was true, so what? US based game developers tend to glorify American weapons and everybody is fine with that. Please, grow up. 

Alichino #83 Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:38 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29515 battles

Yes, top tier russian meds have better RNG.

Experience, supported strongly by observation bias - what else! - shows that russian meds exhibit best accuracy at full speed, whilst their invincible tracks are Earth's most powerful magnets.

Join them or get rotflstomped, it's that simple.

L0ddy #84 Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:13 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 85101 battles
  • [TWD] TWD
tier x russian meds - lazer guided shells, impenetrable, hovercraft

Neandramathal #85 Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35865 battles

View Posttajj7, on 22 February 2016 - 08:41 AM, said:

This is pretty key IMO, they are an absolute complete paint to fight if there is any bit of terrain cover because all you see is a turret, or occasional highly angled front plate at most, then they can just keep popping out and snap shoting you. 

Quite often in locations where you think they would need gun depression they can peak up sideways and they show very little side for such a brief moment that you have to be lucky to hit them.

At any range, a peeking engagement against a T-62A, 140 or 907 is pointless because you just won't hit them. 

Much like the IS3 shouldn't have good snap shot ability or mobility, the Soviet meds can fight close range and can take hits way more easily than most NATO meds so their accuracy and gun handling is just far too good, they should be poor at that to balance it out handing back the gun advantage at medium and longer ranges to the NATO meds. 

Aye, just had a game now on Obj140 on Stalingrad, pile of rubble that a Conqueror couldn't hull down behind without showing either his side armour or at the very least his UFP, I was able to go sideways behind it and have nothing below my gun visible. In the end when I advanced I took 3 hits, from an E-100, JagdTiger and CAX... 2 detracked me without any damage and 1 bounced, even ended up sidescraping vs the CAX because the tracks seem to make your side so impervious. Remember when the CAX first got introduced I was playing on Karelia and a CAX + 62a appeared coming up sideways on a ramp to shoot me... the 62a came up and only his turret was visible, hull still hidden behind the slope, whereas the CAX came up and half his side was exposed due to the sheer size difference.

Bouncing 4k+ from other T10's (inc TD's) on a medium just feels wrong. 

Edited by Neandramathal, 22 February 2016 - 10:08 PM.

Treicy #86 Posted 20 March 2016 - 02:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20638 battles

View PostMajor_Tankosic, on 22 February 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

You should never compare directly two tanks because they are not alone in the battle. Each tank is only one of 15 different tanks and each has its own pros and cons and they should be discussed in relation to tactical situation on the ground. 

Regarding all that nonsense about Russian bias... Even if it was true, so what? US based game developers tend to glorify American weapons and everybody is fine with that. Please, grow up. 

Dude this game should be balanced. and yes. we should compare 2 similar tanks. i dont compare ojb140 with IS-7, when sometimes i feel like i should... mention those pros and cons for russians and then take others nation meds. and lets see how many pros and how many cons u will get for each tank. 

For example - leopard1 cant play alone. he need some who spot for him. if that dont happen then leopard1 is dead. leopard cant trade shot in any case with any other medium. Ojb140 cant snipe/go grawl/ play on turret armor and so on. ojb140 have better camo than leopard1... WTF is that? every1 mention leopard1 gun and speed... talking about speed - [edited]pls. they forgot to mention that ojb140 have way better ground resistance. so ojb140 is more agile than leopard1. Leopard1 gun.. yeah good sniping gun. but when u shot 400+ meters its become same crapgun. coz my round go in middle like 1/5 shots. i heard than RNG is 25%. not for leopard1 for sure. u go closer so u can get those shots... fail/abort u get scouted and u are like easy target for every1 - 0 armor. i guess i dont have to mention that ojb140 aiming time is 2 seconds while leopard have 1.9. sniper tank is 0.1 sec better... this ojb140 is like 2nd place for every stat which makes it so OP! while other medium tanks get some stat really good and some other is like crap...

Maderos #87 Posted 20 March 2016 - 03:58 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27244 battles
Russian meds are OP? Then what you can say about bat-chat?  Ive yesterday unlocked 105mm gun on it, and oh my... First 6 battles had 4,5k average damage on it. I was amazed what this tank can do if driven carefully. Of course after ive got too much brave and ruined them nice stats, but first impressions was amazing.

CoDi_cLiCkS_YOu_CrY #88 Posted 20 March 2016 - 04:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25386 battles

I propose an experiment, make some pros play 140 platoon and see results. 

Shnuks #89 Posted 20 March 2016 - 05:17 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37602 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostMaderos, on 20 March 2016 - 03:58 PM, said:

Russian meds are OP? Then what you can say about bat-chat? Ive yesterday unlocked 105mm gun on it, and oh my... First 6 battles had 4,5k average damage on it. I was amazed what this tank can do if driven carefully. Of course after ive got too much brave and ruined them nice stats, but first impressions was amazing.

The most OP tier 10's are TVP and E5 currently. Batchat doesn't come close.

Maderos #90 Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:15 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27244 battles

View PostShnuks, on 20 March 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

The most OP tier 10's are TVP and E5 currently. Batchat doesn't come close.

T110E5 hmm yeah, nice tank. Best tier X heavy for sure,  i can feel somewhat confident even against Jagdpz. E-100 gun. Had massive amounts of Jagdpz E-100 bounces today on it.  I was driving mainly T110E5 today, wanted to finish last 3% on its fifth perks while its x3 crew exp. 36 battles on it and 36.11% win. Well, but newermind, nothing to do with tank i think, still had 2,5k average damage, so not too bad for my standards. Them teams where some kind magicians, they just disappear. Went on one flank with 8 other tanks, went first to embrave them following me. 2 minutes later they're all dead.  HOW? :)

Astral_Eclipse #91 Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25669 battles

The reason that people see the USSR T-54 and TX meds as OP is that they have no super detrimental drawbacks (e.g. bad armor, crapammo rack, ... only fuel gets hit easily), the low alpha is compensated by excelent gunhandling and high RoF (pen might be an issue but then you have gold so, if you count in the HEAT-54 BS begins) at that their armor can bounce enough shots to be effective and screw with you when you are shooting them not to mention that their turrets are very reliable (except Obj. 140 turret roof is crap), they have good soft stats for mobility and guns on top of good hard stats. If you then count in low silhouette any slight hill can hide them or they can expose only their turret. Low view range can be compensated by optics and crew skills.

So in short USSR high tier meds have very few drawback and a lot of good to excelent stats/characteristics and so can be hard to deal with, if they have back up. If 1v1 it really depends on how well they are driven and how well you can drive against them to win (also don't forget re**** RNG moments). So basically best all-rounder tanks.

So while not exactly OP they are very very dangerouse, if driven by a semi-competent person (e.g. me).

Edited by Astral_Eclipse, 21 March 2016 - 01:09 PM.

b0d #92 Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:28 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20080 battles

A bad workman blames his tools.

Not once do you mention the tanks greatest asset, his mobility.  Fail post.

Treicy #93 Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20638 battles

View Postb0d, on 21 March 2016 - 05:28 PM, said:

A bad workman blames his tools.

Not once do you mention the tanks greatest asset, his mobility.  Fail post.

i think u are fail player! i wanna see how u make statue from wood with blunt knife and sharp knife. In the end u gonna have that statue... but one of them gonna be nice and beautiful. took less effort to make it... in other way u gonna have crap statue where u spent too much time... 

View PostAstral_Eclipse, on 21 March 2016 - 01:09 PM, said:

So in short USSR high tier meds have very few drawback and a lot of good to excelent stats/characteristics and so can be hard to deal with, if they have back up.

em this makes them OP. coz all other nation have drawback. and pretty darn good ones!

Derethim #94 Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17761 battles
The only reason would be the spaceship turrets, but otherwise they suck.

Also tagged with Russian meds

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users