MT-25. Mathhammer problems

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

WOTomatoSauce #1 Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:42 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7745 battles

So I have played a few games in this tank, still more or less stock.

It has gun pen that makes a drunkman look good. It doesn't get much better. It gets scout mm meaning it can see tier 9 tanks. (the second gun gives up with tier 8) It can't pen most tier 9 heavies with out using gold.

A lot of heavies have more rear amour than I can get pen, on paper at least. I know I am supposed to be a scout tank, but it is not rare for me to be losing 5-10 in the first few mins and still be alive. Is it so much to ask to be able to have a chance agisnt an E75 in a 1v1 fight, becuase currently the E75 have more rear amour than my AP have pen. I think the E75 might have more rear amour than I have APCR pen.

I'm sure many of you will be waiting to yell at me for showing my noobiness now, hopefully one or two of you will tell me how I can not do badly when my team sucks more than me. Somehow. I have like 600 WN8, yet I tend to be on the top half of the team. :amazed:

KKtwenty #2 Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11349 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

MT25 is a beast, stick at it and you will soon learn the benefits.  If I wasn't short on garage slots then this tank would be a keeper, problem is, the LTTB is also a beast.  It was a rare game that I wasn't pulling far more than my own HP in damage.  Remember that you are insignificant when bigger tanks are facing you - but ONLY when they have other targets to shoot at.  If you have to do any shooting then make damn sure you can either A) hit and run safely or B) circle them.  Be patient, don't be afraid of using premium ammo and fire on the move.  If you are stopped when shooting then most of the time you are doing it wrong.

Your job isn't to DPM it is to spot, scout and provide another annoying target for the big boys to waste their ammo and reloads on (when they miss you of course).   Be very careful of powersliding ESPECIALLY with the new physics, that will drain your speed advantage.

You can pen all the tanks you meet, but most of the time it is better for you to shoot their sprockets and let others kill them.

Stick at it, the MT25 ended up being one of my better performing tanks and im not a natural light tank player.

WOTomatoSauce #3 Posted 14 March 2016 - 12:26 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7745 battles
I have been meaning to try it since the update.

DeployedHeadache #4 Posted 14 March 2016 - 06:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29872 battles

The MT-25 is pure crap, and I'm just rushing through it, so I can get to the much better LTTB.

You can't seriously claim its gun is okay, because you can pen with gold. Why do people do that? It's really just admitting, the gun sucks. You shouldn't have to use gold ammo, unless you have to carry hard.
This [edited]scout meets tier 9 enemies with a pen of 112 and an alpha damage of 85, I repeat: An alpha damage of 85! That's amazingly crapeven for a tier 6 scout, and it has a terrible, terrible gun depression, so you often have to leave cover just to get a shot in.

Just to add to the "fun" of driving this disaster, it will often tip over, if you're not careful. With the new 9.14 physics, you actually have to slow down before making certain turns or jumps, just to stay on your two tracks.

Use the MT-25 for spotting and harassment only. It shoots like an infant trying to kill a turtle by licking its shell.

Eila_Juutilainen #5 Posted 14 March 2016 - 06:46 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21476 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

I gotta rebuy this thing when it's on discount again, just to see how it powerslides. I did some terrible drifting with it back in the days, including a shamefully fatal one on... Severogorsk, was the map? Good times, good times.

With the new physics this thing must be hilarious for making funny moment/blooper videos.

DeployedHeadache #6 Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29872 battles

View PostEila_Juutilainen, on 14 March 2016 - 05:46 PM, said:

With the new physics this thing must be hilarious for making funny moment/blooper videos.

I'll grant you that, yeah. There should be plenty of blooper material, the way the MT-25 handles these days.

Still doesn't make it a good tank though...

KKtwenty #7 Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11349 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

In 85 games my MT-25 had an average damage of 531.  My T-21 had an average damage of 575 and T37 596  - pretty comparable really and im sure if I would have kept it then the damage would get higher.  I am not a natural light tank player but even I could make it work.  You must be doing something wrong with it, seriously.  It is not designed for an alpha strike, you spot, wait, pop out when a HT is engaged with someone else, hit it twice and run off (or run behind, or circle).  It is also an arty killer for sure, with 500m view range it can also spot with the rest of the lights.

Then again I must like "annoying little tanks" 'cause my M7 has an average damage of 576 and my matilda black prince 710 (!) As for premium ammo, I use it when I need to, not spam constantly and that is in all tanks.  I play to win and always make a profit so I am not a spammer of "gold"

DeployedHeadache #8 Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 29872 battles

The problem with the MT-25 is, that if you don't have the perfect conditions for it, like the ones you described, KKtwenty, then you're pretty much screwed.

1) You have some of the game's worst gun depression. That has gotten me killed quite a few times.

2)You have to hit the enemy a LOT of times to kill them. Alpha damage IS important even on a scout, and because this scout is a POS, you have to keep shooting even arty repeatedly (remember you meet tier 9s) to kill it.

Yeah you're right. If you get a well-suited map and idiot enemies, you can do things with the MT-25, but most of the time, you'll be absolutely murdered by the enemy scouts, when you rush to the important positions.
It's just not fun to play, in my opinion, and it certainly is a one trick pony, which is not optimal for a scout.

XeaKon #9 Posted 16 March 2016 - 05:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5476 battles

View PostHalland, on 16 March 2016 - 02:26 AM, said:

The problem with the MT-25 is, that if you don't have the perfect conditions for it, like the ones you described, KKtwenty, then you're pretty much screwed.

1) You have some of the game's worst gun depression. That has gotten me killed quite a few times.

2)You have to hit the enemy a LOT of times to kill them. Alpha damage IS important even on a scout, and because this scout is a POS, you have to keep shooting even arty repeatedly (remember you meet tier 9s) to kill it.

Yeah you're right. If you get a well-suited map and idiot enemies, you can do things with the MT-25, but most of the time, you'll be absolutely murdered by the enemy scouts, when you rush to the important positions.
It's just not fun to play, in my opinion, and it certainly is a one trick pony, which is not optimal for a scout.

You are pretty right. Also the view range is bad and with the low camouflage (for a light VI) the 45mm armor doesn't help that much. It is gun hurts side armor of some tanks. For me it is an old A-20 with no chances of getting into lower tier fights.

P.S. It's hard to ram another tank.

lord_chipmonk #10 Posted 16 March 2016 - 05:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36470 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

The MT is alright. Not great, but not as bad as a lot of people would have you believe. 

lafeel #11 Posted 16 March 2016 - 05:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4964 battles
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 16 March 2016 - 04:47 PM, said:

The MT is alright. Not great, but not as bad as a lot of people would have you believe. 

*snip*

Been saying that since the patch it got buffed personally..

KKtwenty #12 Posted 16 March 2016 - 06:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11349 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG
We'll have to agree to to disagree. Personally i found it a good tank, certainly above average. It seems others do not. The grind isnt very long so either way you wont have it long.

EpicTW #13 Posted 19 March 2016 - 07:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 33910 battles
  • [BREAD] BREAD

View Postmh1ultramarine, on 02 February 2016 - 06:42 PM, said:

A lot of heavies have more rear amour than I can get pen, on paper at least. I know I am supposed to be a scout tank, but it is not rare for me to be losing 5-10 in the first few mins and still be alive. Is it so much to ask to be able to have a chance agisnt an E75 in a 1v1 fight, becuase currently the E75 have more rear amour than my AP have pen. I think the E75 might have more rear amour than I have APCR pen.

With the stock gun yes you are going to struggle against tier 9 heavy tanks. The autocannon should allow you to wreck other tier 6 light tanks or low armoured targets.

If you unlock and decide to use the 57mm you will find that with liberal usage of APCR ammo you will be able to pen at least the rear and/or sides of any enemy heavies you face.

Oh, and yes it is too much to ask to be able to 1v1 an E75 in an MT-25.

View Postmh1ultramarine, on 02 February 2016 - 06:42 PM, said:

I'm sure many of you will be waiting to yell at me for showing my noobiness now, hopefully one or two of you will tell me how I can not do badly when my team sucks more than me. 

It is possible to do well in the MT-25 but it is dependant on getting the right map and really making sure you do not get spotted. It used to be easier to avoid enemy fire by keeping your speed up but now more than ever the risk of flipping your tank and heading back to garage.

Probably the best bit of advice is think about each map you struggle with and identify parts of the map you should go to at the start of the battle and end of the battle depending on whether your team is winning or losing and what tier spread you are facing. Youtube videos may help or high XP scoring wins/losses on wotreplays.com from 9.14 would be my first recommendation.

Another thing to consider is that the MT-25, or any tier 6+light, is incredibly hard to play without 6th sense and a good level of camouflage skill on your crew.

The MT-25 struggles when compared to the AMX 12t, VK 28.01 and T37 in random games on most maps as they all have advantages over the MT-25. On Prokhorovka and Malinovka the MT-25 can really shine but on most maps the active spotting play style of the MT-25 makes it hard to impact the game.

The T-54 Lt Wt is well worth the relatively short grind through the MT-25.

lafeel #14 Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4964 battles
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE

View PostEpicTW, on 19 March 2016 - 06:06 PM, said:

With the stock gun yes you are going to struggle against tier 9 heavy tanks. The autocannon should allow you to wreck other tier 6 light tanks or low armoured targets.

If you unlock and decide to use the 57mm you will find that with liberal usage of APCR ammo you will be able to pen at least the rear and/or sides of any enemy heavies you face.

Oh, and yes it is too much to ask to be able to 1v1 an E75 in an MT-25.

It is possible to do well in the MT-25 but it is dependant on getting the right map and really making sure you do not get spotted. It used to be easier to avoid enemy fire by keeping your speed up but now more than ever the risk of flipping your tank and heading back to garage.

Probably the best bit of advice is think about each map you struggle with and identify parts of the map you should go to at the start of the battle and end of the battle depending on whether your team is winning or losing and what tier spread you are facing. Youtube videos may help or high XP scoring wins/losses on wotreplays.com from 9.14 would be my first recommendation.

Another thing to consider is that the MT-25, or any tier 6+light, is incredibly hard to play without 6th sense and a good level of camouflage skill on your crew.

The MT-25 struggles when compared to the AMX 12t, VK 28.01 and T37 in random games on most maps as they all have advantages over the MT-25. On Prokhorovka and Malinovka the MT-25 can really shine but on most maps the active spotting play style of the MT-25 makes it hard to impact the game.

The T-54 Lt Wt is well worth the relatively short grind through the MT-25.

Needs a decent team as well, or at least one that knows to shoot what you spot.

WOTomatoSauce #15 Posted 19 March 2016 - 11:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7745 battles
Tier VI lights don't need to be. the AMX 12t (hate it, must not like auto loaders) can alteast anoy tier IX heavies, the Type 64 and US one are great tanks. I think any tank when you need to use gold to pen a weakspot is a horrible tank, and should be buffed/removed.

Poddertw #16 Posted 21 March 2016 - 02:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 30326 battles

lol. If you have a problem with your tier 6 light tanks.. simply ram them.. Amx looses most of his hp and then you kill him with 2-3 shots.

My mt 25 

54 % wr.

1,4k battles

140 scout medals

38 patrol duty medals

And its a good result. Especially when you have up to 4 LTs every battle stealing your xp. My MT has 2 stars on its gun with 90% but tbh i have some battles where i dont even shoot a single shell. Sometimes i spam up to 20 shells in 1 position and kill for example a t29. I scrached to death even some tier 10. MT is one of those tanks that can cause a disaster for enemy. scouting, killing low hp enemies, circle tanks to death, buttshooting tds, heading for enemy arts. BUT...

its still very team dependant, if youre team is full stock, cant shot, makes lemming trains its no matter how good u scout or how do you perform - you will die / loose. You give the option for the team to win up to 100 % (prokhorovka, malinovka) - the rest is team. 

Oyeblikk #17 Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14014 battles

This vehicle really doesnt need buff, its already OP.  You are TierVI light tank and can beat 6 TierVIII enemies and get kolobanov and in addition your team with you is dead but you are still the winner ? True story :D

http://wotreplays.co...e/3721893#teams

_ZakOdaC_ #18 Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:56 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20134 battles
  • [TACOS] TACOS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users