• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

MrConway #121 Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:33 AM

WoWs Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 13048 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

View PostBurty61, on 08 February 2016 - 05:46 PM, said:

But now neg-reps are no more I'm sure they are busy reading through all our feedback.

Correct! :medal:

There are some very valid points brought here, and the fact that you can vote for every language is obviously not working as intended. I will pass your comments on!

Lycopersicon #122 Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:39 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 10747 battles

View PostDidoguard, on 09 February 2016 - 09:59 AM, said:

It's ultra easy. Get the personal missions only for the lines in the pool who didn't guess the correct top of the three. That's where the fun starts. People who aim for the missions will vote for unpopular tank lines to get the missions. The ToTT winner tank line get the x2 crew XP and discounts anyway. This will create better results and promote variety. Also hide the pool and only show the end results. I guarantee that unpopular lines will get ToTT more often due to bigger percentage of the playerbase already having the most OP/common/wanted tanks and going for the missions instead. The missions will be from let's say from tier 8 on the line you voted.

I really, really like this idea.

Cobra6 #123 Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostMrConway, on 09 February 2016 - 10:33 AM, said:

There are some very valid points brought here, and the fact that you can vote for every language is obviously not working as intended. I will pass your comments on!

What about tanks that have been chosen already? Like at the moment the T110E5 looks like it's going to win, will it be removed from the next poll then to make sure we don't get the same vehicles all the time?

Cobra 6

Emily_1 #124 Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8400 battles

View PostCobra6, on 09 February 2016 - 12:05 PM, said:

What about tanks that have been chosen already? Like at the moment the T110E5 looks like it's going to win, will it be removed from the next poll then to make sure we don't get the same vehicles all the time?

Cobra 6

It's IS-7 almost on every language section.

For example English:

IS-7 - (1334)

T110E5 - (780)

Sheksna #125 Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:21 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 32360 battles
  • [DRAW] DRAW

Not giving the missions to those who already have the tank? Meh. It doesn't bother me too much one way or the other. I guess the idea was to give those who are new to the tank a little "boost" for catching up to the ones who've already had it for a long time? Seems a bit contrived though.

The missions only being available for those who voted for the winning tank however, that's just flat out stupid. You're discouraging people from voting for the tank they really want, and encouraging them to vote for the one already in the lead. It might not end up deciding the outcome, but it will undoubtedly affect it. And screw over a bunch of people in the process. The system basically says "vote for the cool tank that everyone else likes, or get arbitrarily left out of the rewards afterwards".

Finally, please make sure to pull the winner of the vote out of the next round of voting. Preferably for several rounds. Otherwise this will just turn into T110E5 -> IS-7 -> T110E5 -> IS-7 ad infinitum for the HTs, and similar combinations for the other classes.

Edited by Sheksna, 09 February 2016 - 12:23 PM.

MrConway #126 Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:21 PM

WoWs Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 13048 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

View PostCobra6, on 09 February 2016 - 12:05 PM, said:

Cobra 6

That is something we might do in any case. I will let you know what will happen when I've found out :)

Cobra6 #127 Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostMrConway, on 09 February 2016 - 11:21 AM, said:

That is something we might do in any case. I will let you know what will happen when I've found out :)

Thanks, because I really don't fancy only get the T110E5 until it's nerfed back to "balanced" levels. :teethhappy:

Block Quote

-E5 will not be kept as it is, no chance to avoid nerf – it is simply the best heavy AND the best US T10 medium (it has more fire power and survivability than an M48A1 while comparable on mobility) defacto at the moment.  That might be not the armor nerf tho, mobility nerf is another option, or some other option

Source

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 09 February 2016 - 12:33 PM.

Toompie #128 Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21553 battles
  • [SB_NL] SB_NL

[edit] nvm, was stupid question.

I just hope WG will listen to these suggestions and stop punishing more experienced players and instead reward them for their loyalty.

Edited by Toompie, 09 February 2016 - 12:32 PM.

SBKDisco #129 Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38423 battles

I assume I'm understanding this correctly....??

"Players who have voted for the vehicle that wins the poll, but have unlocked the vehicle in the past already, or when the poll was still active, will not be eligible for access to the special missions. However, they will still be able to enjoy the discounts on the respective tech line, as well as the Crew XP bonus."

So if I vote in the poll for a Tank I have and it wins, I will benefit by being able to get a discount on any of the tanks I sold previously. Why would I want to re-buy a tank that wasn't good enough for me to want to keep it before? Am I correct in thinking the special missions that I won't get access to in the above scenario are the two mentioned in the WG news article; Reward 1: 2 x Crew XP & Reward 2: Personal Reserves.

I have read the Top of Tree article half a dozen times and it appears to me they are giving players who already own a lot of T10's a pretty large dose of sweet F.A. WG is displaying complete apathy towards the players who have loyally bought their premium account while they played thousands of battles to obtain their top tiers. What is the problem with allowing the players who vote correctly, and already own the winning tank, from benefitting from the special missions? Is WG frightened they might give us a little to much by way of crew training???

Another classic display of ignorance and disregard towards some of the most loyal players of this game. Up yours too, WG, Morons.

Seekless #130 Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50159 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMrConway, on 09 February 2016 - 12:21 PM, said:

Can you also check the sugar in your coffee corners and check if they do not contain party "enhancements"?

I also have a great suggestion for a Christmas present for last year a thinking cap:

This thing is a mess there is not a thing about it that was done correct, you walk to your boss explain him the case (you have craploads of ammunition from this thread) advise to remove poll and ToTT for March so you can RETHINK IT PROPERLY, walk back to PC and post the above in this thread. Takes about 5 minutes I'd say.

hjsteg #131 Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31624 battles
  • [WID] WID

Some players prefer arty's, some prefer med's, light's or heavy's, some prefer TD's. If you could have the 4 types as parallel top of the tree everyone who play WOT would enjoy the specials each month. And it would not take "forever" until "your" tank appears in the special.

If the above is not possible, why not this: select your own Top of the Tree, that is an individual Top of the Tree with missions? And missions even if you have the tank in question. All players, new and experienced would benefit from this. And the top of the tree could continue next month if you are not able to finish the grind or you did not chose another tank as top of the tree. Should not be too difficult to implement. Otherwise experienced players will suffer the most. An we are your most valuable customers.

Please no stupid guessing competition. This will only promote strategic voting (vote for the tank we think will win, not the one we want to grind towards). To wait up to 3-4 years for "your" tank to appear in the special is just retarded.

Lomion_EU #132 Posted 09 February 2016 - 02:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39036 battles
  • [CSW] CSW

View PostVille67, on 08 February 2016 - 01:47 PM, said:

Of course everyone voted for the overpowered T110E5 for next month. God dammit, Rest of this year is going to suck for us all, since there will be like 10% more T110E5's, and at least 5 in each team in every tier 10 battle. Waiting for the nerf...

Lol, only voting for it because I already have the 50b, is-7, T57, 251b and E100, 'm on the t32 more than halfway to the M103, makes sense for me. Rather than the fact that it's simply an OP tank (which it isn't really! as most are too lazy to shoot at weakspots.)

Emily_1 #133 Posted 09 February 2016 - 02:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8400 battles
Why are everyone speaking about T110E5 when 6 out of 7 language sections have voted IS-7 over T110E5 to be next TotT? Only the Czech section is preferring E5 over IS-7 it seems. So do the math and see how IS-7 is dominating the poll...

Edited by tapsukka, 09 February 2016 - 02:19 PM.

Burty61 #134 Posted 09 February 2016 - 02:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12306 battles

View PostMrConway, on 09 February 2016 - 11:33 AM, said:

True actually, Mr Conway is very good on the forums and I'm very sure he is feeding back, I'm just not sure the people he is passing it on to do anything with it.

Also is this WG EU version of Marvels civil war where you have to pick a side #TeamIS7 or #TeamT110E5

Edited by Burty61, 09 February 2016 - 02:40 PM.

Aeruia #135 Posted 09 February 2016 - 02:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 44018 battles

Thank you WG. Again you show disregard for your old customers. You played a lot, you have tier 10 already, you bought premium, than FU, you get crap.

mArtinko5MB #136 Posted 09 February 2016 - 02:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20964 battles
Just give us, who already have X tier, the missions and pick lines by yourselves

TheR3dBaron #137 Posted 09 February 2016 - 02:57 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 36418 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

I've tried to make a poll. In short the idea is for everyone on the forum to vote on 3 tanks, which will result in a calendar for all the top of the tree specials to come. As soon as the next poll gets opened, all forumites vote on the tank which have been decided, which should give a psychological advantage and on top of that allows you to plan your grinds for an entire year. That's better than WG's system of not knowing what will come and it avoids the problem of everyone voting for the same tanks every time.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/552680-new-top-of-the-tree-forumites-unite/

Ultra0wnz #138 Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 35072 battles
  • [GMNL1] GMNL1
This revamp is utterly useless, as it will only cause repetition of the same specials over and over. The most populair tank is most likely to win the poll each time, and this will never give less popular tanks the chance of getting in the special. This is especially troublesome for players who own several tier X's already. Also it is ridiculous that the special missions will only be available for people who voted on the winning tank, and did not research it yet. In my opinion it would be much more fair if voting on the poll would unlock the special missions for the winning tank of that poll. 
I hope wargaming will do something about this, as the top of the tree missions were a great stimulation to let people drive in the more uncommon tanks of the game. 

Homer_J #139 Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posttapsukka, on 09 February 2016 - 01:12 PM, said:

Why are everyone speaking about T110E5 when 6 out of 7 language sections have voted IS-7 over T110E5 to be next TotT? Only the Czech section is preferring E5 over IS-7 it seems. So do the math and see how IS-7 is dominating the poll...

Because until it got rigged last night the T110E5 was way in front when you added up the votes (assuming that's how it will work, and it isn't the one which wins the most national sections).

View PostSBKDisco, on 09 February 2016 - 12:34 PM, said:

So if I vote in the poll for a Tank I have and it wins, I will benefit by being able to get a discount on any of the tanks I sold previously. Why would I want to re-buy a tank that wasn't good enough for me to want to keep it before? Am I correct in thinking the special missions that I won't get access to in the above scenario are the two mentioned in the WG news article; Reward 1: 2 x Crew XP & Reward 2: Personal Reserves.

That's right.

If you are not about to unlock a tier 10 heavy then you are voting for extra crew exp or discounts on the tanks leading up to one.

Medics_Gun #140 Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:21 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 62655 battles

I thought it was just lame but now I feel it's going to be the Mega-Crap-Event of the year. It's so poor, so unfair, so slow and so stupid, that makes me wonder why it has not be canceled already. If the team is not able to do something good, bring the old event back and don't surprise us anymore.

There are so many useful suggestions in here. It would be wise to just pick some of them instead of announce those ridiculous ideas.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users