Enjoying AW for a change

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Lol_N00b #1 Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:40 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 8561 battles
  • [BL33T] BL33T

I briefly tried out Armored Warfare during the Early Access when it was free, liked the PvE way more than PvP, and played that for a moment along with WoT. Then I got bored and frustrated of both, and didn't play either for about two months. Then I returned to WoT but still couldn't be bothered with AW. Until last week, when AW announced that "log on every day and get a reward" campaign. Still didn't play though. After last weeks gold hunt and weekend's painful and frustrating grind for one garage slot, I haven't played WoT but did play a decent deal of AW, and enjoyed it.

I still play mostly PvE. I am way too bad in that to play PvP, and that reminds too much WoT to be interesting. So, at the moment AW is a refreshing break from WoT. Lot of stuff feels different enough from WoT. I just discovered yesterday, that I have unlocked free camos (actually only paints) just by playing on winter and desert maps, and was happily applying them (plus an unlocked emblem as well) on my tanks, and boy I was happy every time I got a desert map and drove a cool yellow tank while most other players had the standard green.

So, lots of little things to be found and tinker with. Ah well, another weekend is coming, and a new update in WoT as well. I wonder what Valentine's special will hold this time. Have to divide my time with both games I guess.

Edited by Lol_N00b, 11 February 2016 - 07:41 AM.

Radu_Korne #2 Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27938 battles
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN
I usually play the tier 2(?) T-54 in AW to enjoy a pure tank vs. tank game without arty. The higher tier games remind me of WoT... My win rate in PvP is atrocious though, around 35% or lower. I like to relax with low tiers in AW, I hate the high tier games as I don't have a clue what to do mostly. My premiums are rusting away, only to be used in PvE.

Lol_N00b #3 Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:25 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 8561 battles
  • [BL33T] BL33T

I used to play tier 2 as well but recently found tier 3 to be more enjoyable, to the extent that I play tier 3 exclusively now. I have no tier 4 tanks, and tier 2 tanks seem uninteresting. I sold my T-54, Patton 48 and M41, still have LAV-150 although I haven't played it since my return. Currently enjoying T-62 up to point that I have two retrofits installed, AMX-10P, Scorpion and BMP-1.

Not so much enjoying T-62 Veteran, Object 155 or T-59 Legend as playing them do not bring me one bit closer to unlocking any new tanks or retrofits. T-62 vet I can at least upgrade, but Obj.155 and T-59 are nothing special other than 25% increased income. So essentially premium vehicles are worse in AW than in WoT where they have increased income, work as crew trainers, and contribute to free experience.

I don't consider arty as a problem in AW, as they don't do a lot of damage, and are easily avoidable. And my PvP experience is similar to yours.

Rostklump #4 Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35866 battles

View PostLol_N00b, on 11 February 2016 - 08:25 AM, said:

Not so much enjoying T-62 Veteran, Object 155 or T-59 Legend as playing them do not bring me one bit closer to unlocking any new tanks or retrofits. T-62 vet I can at least upgrade, but Obj.155 and T-59 are nothing special other than 25% increased income. So essentially premium vehicles are worse in AW than in WoT where they have increased income, work as crew trainers, and contribute to free experience.

Its actually 50% more income with an additional 25% on the first win of the day and they do also get more xp 20 or 25% can't remember exactly , you need to convert that xp with gold just like the xp gained on premium tanks in wot in order to actually use it.

No use as crew trainers though but then you don't need to grind crew the same way in AW as you do in WOT so not a big deal in my opinion.

Just a heads up if don't know it already there is a new path next week for AW as well with a new dealer with a couple of tanks and a new PvP map and a new PvE mission and a updated MM.

Lol_N00b #5 Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:55 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 8561 battles
  • [BL33T] BL33T

View PostRostklump, on 12 February 2016 - 03:11 AM, said:

Its actually 50% more income with an additional 25% on the first win of the day and they do also get more xp 20 or 25% can't remember exactly , you need to convert that xp with gold just like the xp gained on premium tanks in wot in order to actually use it.

Well nevertheless it's just income, everything else gained by playing premiums is practically wasted. Gold conversion exist in WoT as well, but the big difference is, that in WoT you can turn on accelerated crew training and then all XP gained by that vehicle goes to crew, so you don't have to spend gold to use all that xp gained. In AW, all that XP is wasted with no other alternative than to convert with gold.

View PostRostklump, on 12 February 2016 - 03:11 AM, said:

Just a heads up if don't know it already there is a new path next week for AW as well with a new dealer with a couple of tanks and a new PvP map and a new PvE mission and a updated MM.

I know about the new dealer. Not particularly interested in it yet, for the most part I haven't even bothered with Wölfli's tree yet, been mostly grinding just Shiskin's tree. But what path are you talking about?

Also, didn't know about the new PvE mission or updated MM. I do know about that there's a bonus in reputation (Exp) and for 3 hours, a huge boost in rep and income. Bet the servers are full during that time.

Rostklump #6 Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35866 battles

View PostLol_N00b, on 12 February 2016 - 06:55 AM, said:

Well nevertheless it's just income, everything else gained by playing premiums is practically wasted. Gold conversion exist in WoT as well, but the big difference is, that in WoT you can turn on accelerated crew training and then all XP gained by that vehicle goes to crew, so you don't have to spend gold to use all that xp gained. In AW, all that XP is wasted with no other alternative than to convert with gold.

Yeah its all incomethat is true but the accelerated crew training don't do all that much in wot to be honest, all it does is give the crew member with the least xp double xp so for a tank with 5 crew members you gain 20% more crew xp.

In wot they can be used for crew training and income in aw just for income so they do have one more use in wot.

Personally i like that it, since it means its more about being a better player and less about having a better crew in order to win even if being a good player is the most important thing in both games.

View PostLol_N00b, on 12 February 2016 - 06:55 AM, said:

I know about the new dealer. Not particularly interested in it yet, for the most part I haven't even bothered with Wölfli's tree yet, been mostly grinding just Shiskin's tree. But what path are you talking about?

Also, didn't know about the new PvE mission or updated MM. I do know about that there's a bonus in reputation (Exp) and for 3 hours, a huge boost in rep and income. Bet the servers are full during that time.

The path is just a typo it's supposed to say patch :P.

Full servers are good since the mm works better then and rep and income bonuses are always welcome.

Lol_N00b #7 Posted 12 February 2016 - 10:03 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 8561 battles
  • [BL33T] BL33T

View PostRostklump, on 12 February 2016 - 09:35 AM, said:

The path is just a typo it's supposed to say patch :P.

:teethhappy:

View PostRostklump, on 12 February 2016 - 09:35 AM, said:

Full servers are good since the mm works better then and rep and income bonuses are always welcome.

IDK about PvE. I already have to wait in queue when the servers aren't full.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users