T49 - The Shotgun Scout

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Vtsuk #61 Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:43 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13473 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

I will keep it as it is for now and i will try different combinations in the future!

I have a great time playing with that tank and it quickly became my favorite!

Ranger772 #62 Posted 05 October 2019 - 05:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 40079 battles
  • [H-O-T] H-O-T

The gun bloom is terrific on this tank. Worst that I can remember.

Steeleye_Spam #63 Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36561 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Well, i've sold it now, as my results were really very awful. However, they may have been less awful if I'd swapped out the derp gun for the conventional one sooner. The conventional gun is pretty decent. Yes it is boring. But it works, which for much trying, I could just not get the derp gun to do. Even at super close range a non-aimed shot missed half the time, with then a horrid reload while you try to get away again. Aiming requires you stand still at close quarters (further and you'll very likely miss), which for most tanks is a bad idea, and for light tanks is suicidal. And then half the time you hit you'll get a bit of armour and your damage will be what you would have got in the conventional gun anyway.

Yes, it is the selling point for the tank, yes, it could be fun in theory, but in my experience no, it wasn't.

Ranger772 #64 Posted 21 January 2020 - 04:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 40079 battles
  • [H-O-T] H-O-T
After playing a bunch of matches in it today, I have to say that the T49 with the 152 missile launcher is crap. View range is ok, but then you face Tier X in most matches, so everyone has good view range. Speed is good but there are faster lights at Tiers VIII-X. The 152 takes forever to aim in and even then it is wildly inaccurate. (The real-life sheleighleigh missile was wire-guided, btw.) In one match I pulled up 10 meters from a Tier VIII arty. Pulled the trigger and missed. The ammo sucks. The HEAT rounds have no pen and the actual alpha on the HE tends to run 200-300 most of the time. Combine that with a glacial reload and every other tank will run rings around the T49. Better to mount the 90 mm, but then why play at Tier IX and X, when you can do the same with the Bulldog.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users