52 replies to this topic

undutchable80 #41 Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6668 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Thx activated!

I transferred my Bulldog crew:

Commander: BiA, Sixth Sense, Camo, Sit.Aw (61%)

Gunner: BiA, Snapshot, Camo, repairs (40%)

Driver: BiA, Smoothride, Camo, repairs (11%)

Loader: BiA, Safe Stowage, Camo, repairs (12%)

*All girl crew from missions, hence why the 4th skill are at different levels. Once they reach 100% on their 4th skill I might retrain them and start repairs again on 5th skill. And I did buy some cases of Cola with the discount last weekend. Wasnt sure if I needed it and I could always sell it if I didnt, but you are quite certain you need the food...?

Will check out your replays! Thx dude!

activated #42 Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 34283 battles
  • [ONLY1] ONLY1

View Postundutchable80, on 22 February 2018 - 02:49 PM, said:

Thx activated!

I transferred my Bulldog crew:

Commander: BiA, Sixth Sense, Camo, Sit.Aw (61%)

Gunner: BiA, Snapshot, Camo, repairs (40%)

Driver: BiA, Smoothride, Camo, repairs (11%)

Loader: BiA, Safe Stowage, Camo, repairs (12%)

*All girl crew from missions, hence why the 4th skill are at different levels. Once they reach 100% on their 4th skill I might retrain them and start repairs again on 5th skill. And I did buy some cases of Cola with the discount last weekend. Wasnt sure if I needed it and I could always sell it if I didnt, but you are quite certain you need the food...?

Will check out your replays! Thx dude!

The skillset is correct. Yes when you get 4th skill save your gold and only reset gunner and driver, in your place i will take designated target on gunner and start repairs again. On driver i would take clutch braking or off-road driving, the second one have less impact. On commander add repairs or recon thats your choose(id go recon). On loader add firefighting and when you will finish 5th skill reset and change it with adrenaline rush, but it is very rarely usefull(think when youre lower that 140HP left and alive?).

About food. Yes you need food, because the gun is so f***ng derpy, the aim time is atrocious and food helps you alot.+vents it gives you nice 132%crew(120% commander). The point is: your ammo is cheap(i mean standart HE),  so you will breakout credits in alll your games, if you wont die too early and make few shots hit. The more you hit(food helps), the more credits you will get. You break the cost of repairing tank and ammo cost even if you will buy cola without discount. As you know if you do not die to early and make some shots and spots. And dont forget you will sometimes pen them. :) Another thing to use cola is your view range, with full view range skills, optics, vents, bia and cola i have 520. So when MM gives you tier X battles, you can burn trough camo of sneaky scouts or any other tanks. Dont forget that you are scout tank. Its not like fire to someone wait 20secs and rinse repeat, sometimes you need to spot for your team. That btw gives you credits too. :)

As I said before here is screenshot:

Posted Image

I three marked it when it was tier 8, but it still 95%+ and i play it alot because its the only fun left in this game after 3-5-7/5-10 mm introduction and new wave of super heavies in the begining with defender and nowadays new rasha heavies and tds. Other fun tank was T34-3, but you know same gun handling like T49 and 175pen... That fun is over. :)

BTW: You will see DeadEye skill on gunner, it works only with HEAT ammo. I sometimes use HEAT, but when i have 6 skills, there is no any better. Armorer or Firefighting, armorer is useless, because if your gun get damaged you cannot shoot at all(your target size will become larger than your screen) and you need to fix it anyway. Firefighting works only when youre on fire, but from my experience with T49 its not very vulnerable to that, so thats just my chose.

One more tip:

There is one usefull mod for hitting more targets(maybe not more but i like the idea of 2 reticles). I use two reticles, server side and client side. The idea is: when you have time to aim fully, you wait while server side(blue one) stop shrinking and then shoot, when using driveby shooting i use client side reticle(green one). That reticle is in solo's modpack which i use, its called "server reticle>modern". If you dont want to use any more mods, u can install that target reticle only, by selecting only it in when installing. That mod you can find in official WG mod portal.

GL playing T49. ;)

P.S. and don't listen to heretics who play this tank with 90mm gun, go and derp them by 1000 damage. :)

Edited by activated, 22 February 2018 - 03:00 PM.

undutchable80 #43 Posted 23 February 2018 - 08:42 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6668 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Thx again activated for taking the time writing down all these useful tips & tricks!

Pandabird #44 Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

I disagree on the optics. Rammer is just plain better if you have a maxed out crew.

If you really want to max it out you need to use food *and* steady hand directive. Steady hand doubles the effect of the snapshot skill, making the gun far more comfortable to use

With improved rammer, improved vents and improved vstab you get 478 view range and 17,5 second reload. With normal rammer vents and vstab you get 18,2 reload and 472 view range, well above acceptable.

Anyways i can't stress enough how useful i found the Steady hand directive to be, this + food and gun feels entirely different. Enjoy

Edit: Btw Controlled impact is an actual thing, recently swapped it for preventive maintenance but i found it rather useful for finishing off light tanks after you derp 97% of their hp, helps you stay alive in some tricky situations

Edited by Pandabird, 02 April 2018 - 04:04 PM.

undutchable80 #45 Posted 03 April 2018 - 07:13 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6668 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Only played a handful of games in it, but I love it! Havent tried the 90mm gun, but the fun I am having with the 152mm, I dont think I will swap the guns. The lol-factor is just too high. Sure I get shots that dont pen and only do ~300dmg, but it feels mobile enough that I can do some active spotting on top of dropping a big load of F-U once in a while. :justwait:

shane73tank #46 Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26986 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View Postundutchable80, on 03 April 2018 - 06:13 AM, said:

Only played a handful of games in it, but I love it! Havent tried the 90mm gun, but the fun I am having with the 152mm, I dont think I will swap the guns. The lol-factor is just too high. Sure I get shots that dont pen and only do ~300dmg, but it feels mobile enough that I can do some active spotting on top of dropping a big load of F-U once in a while. :justwait:

absolutely, just suck up those low rol and everything else for the side splitting lolz when you blap someone for 800

Snaques #47 Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21846 battles

I've tried the derp number of times and just fail to see the point. Sure you get that trollish 900 hit every fourth game, but even then I feel like I just got lucky. So it is never that rewarding even when your scores are good. Even if you get to the behind of a Mauschen or a Mauss, you may still score only 300 or something.

The 90mm on the other hand is pure perfection. Very nice gun handling and DPM for LT. This is definitely THE gun for T49 if you want to be consistent and mark the tank.

undutchable80 #48 Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:38 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6668 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSnaques, on 19 April 2018 - 11:14 PM, said:

I've tried the derp number of times and just fail to see the point. Sure you get that trollish 900 hit every fourth game, but even then I feel like I just got lucky. So it is never that rewarding even when your scores are good. Even if you get to the behind of a Mauschen or a Mauss, you may still score only 300 or something.

The 90mm on the other hand is pure perfection. Very nice gun handling and DPM for LT. This is definitely THE gun for T49 if you want to be consistent and mark the tank.

To each their own: I am not good enough to mark, nor do I chase after them. Marking tanks happens "by accident" to me. I like having fun and the derp provides that. I can deal with a couple of bad dmg games when the next one puts me in position to punish an over aggressive Obj268v4 by shooting him up the rear for ~900dmg and getting out of dodge again, only to repeat 20 secs later. :justwait: Those moments are gratifying enough for me. Plenty of other (Light) tanks that player 'regular' so the T49 derp provides a very nice change. GL&HF!

shane73tank #49 Posted 21 April 2018 - 10:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26986 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI
You’ve summed it up well Dutch, play and enjoy the uniqueness, I’ve managed 1 Mark by accident and am happy with that

yessuz #50 Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9873 battles

hmmm.. so durp is as follows:

3 types of shell:

1) Primary. HE. 910 dmg, 76 or so Pen. - 750 credits

2) Gold - HEAT. 700 dmg, 150 pen - 770 credits

3) HE - HE, 910 dmg, 85 pen. - 5200 credits

so, apparently, HE is actual GOLD, and everyone use primary?

undutchable80 #51 Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:14 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6668 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Yes, and I carry a 2-3 of number 2 just in case. 

Kothaar #52 Posted 08 July 2018 - 01:15 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 57250 battles
  • [IGNOR] IGNOR
One of the more annoying tanks to fight against, especially when their players decide to camp.

Hyina #53 Posted Today, 01:34 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 49400 battles

If you want consistency, use the smaller gun.

Derp is half jokes half troll, not the gun to use if you want to 3 mark this tank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users