foreing czech polak country intolerance online gaming

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

J_B_T #1 Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34694 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

Few days ago I was discussing moving abroad and looking for a job there. I had previously set Sweden, Czech Republic and Norway as some of preferable destinations but since playing this game for a few years Czech R. and Poland are definitely a NO GO (even though i can get lots of help from friends and some family members already gone there). There's a lot one can learn from online gaming, among other meet players from different countries but that's not always fun.
This is basically what changed my views. I've learned that Czechs are rude, non-tolerant, ignorant and 99% of them can't spell a word in English. Polaks are no exception. Absolutely no will to learn anything about the game, just driving their tanks around, sometimes not even shooting, just looking at the nice blue sky.
Not knowing English perhaps hurts the most because it makes me look at them as non-educated which is basically true in this modern world we live in. 

Just to get some things right. I don't hate anyone and this is not a hate based post. I just couldn't imagine that a game like WOT could change my perspective on the entire nation. This thing has gone so far that I even avoid buying czech products, avoid any contact, chat, platoon with those guys. It's not hate, it's the thing when you can't stand to listen or watch someone because you're afraid that their words or actions (or inaction) might get to annoy you.

Of course, there are always some exceptions but that's the general opinion I made in the last couple of years playing this game.

Am I crazy, wrong, or maybe mislead? 

mynameispuffs #2 Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:48 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 24032 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

You've managed to stereotype an ENITRE nation having seen 1-2% (at best) of the people that live there :facepalm:

And this is an online environment where people come to let off steam and kill tanks. All standards are likely to slip. And some people don't know English by choice. I don't know Russian for example, but it doesn't mean I'm "uneducated", I've just chosen not to learn it over all the other languages that I have learnt.

You've just mislead yourself IMO.

Effing_Drako #3 Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:48 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25489 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Completely wrong, anyone from any nation can be a massive duck on the internet as there are no repercussions from being one. However in real life the people i have met from those nations are very nice people

J_B_T #4 Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34694 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
Yes, anyone can be a duck. But is it possible that 7 out of 10 ducks are from the same nation?? coincidence? 2 many kids perhaps?
And 1-2 percent is a relevant source. All polls and surveys ever made on the national level never include more than 1-2 percent of entire population. It's only few thousand people, right ;)
I can accept that i'm wrong, even a bad person if you like, but no one has the right to say that knowing English is irrelevant, that some people don't know it because they didn't have a choice or whatever. 
English is not same as Russian or any other language in the world because of it's usage. It's not comparable. If you had higher education u must have had English classes, so if you don't know English you're either not-well-educated or you just don't give a damn about learning it, and if the later one is correct then it makes you a fool in my eyes. 

Effing_Drako #5 Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:17 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25489 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
You may simply have these perceptions because of the higher proportion of players are from those countries than let's say Latvia which is why you would have this view that many of the ducks are from the same nation

J_B_T #6 Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34694 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
Could be drakozaurs, I agree. 

juonimies #7 Posted 28 March 2016 - 05:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 43670 battles
  • [KARJU] KARJU
Sincerely suggest NOT to use any online netgame for developing view of any nationality. Personal contacts (even thru social media) are more preferable for that.

Edited by juonimies, 28 March 2016 - 05:08 PM.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #8 Posted 02 April 2016 - 10:38 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 23789 battles

It works the other way too.

Being a Brit, one gets 'preconceived' ideas, and ideals, of Germans and the French. The usual stereotypical nonsense.

However, from my time on the internet, my thoughts on the people from thee two nations has completely flipped.

I've not met a German online that I didn't like. Great sense of humour too. Yeah, that's a bit weird.

And I've, mostly, had a laugh with most of the French too I bump into too.

But, I'm afraid there is a nugget of truth in what OP is saying. I struggle to find a half decent person from the countries OP has mentioned, ingame.

Though, oddly, the few that participate in the forum seem an ok bunch.

People huh....

Edited by Moorglademover, 02 April 2016 - 10:39 AM.

Nokkeli #9 Posted 02 April 2016 - 03:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17706 battles
  • [SWEDH] SWEDH

View PostJBrozTito, on 16 February 2016 - 03:37 PM, said:

I've learned that Czechs are rude, non-tolerant, ignorant and 99% of them can't spell a word in English. Polaks are no exception.

I have been to both the Czech republic and Poland and everyone i met was an absolutely fantastic person. Friendly, helpful and eager to talk about their country and the country you are from, that's my view of the people from these countries.

polt3rg3ist #10 Posted 03 April 2016 - 07:08 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31425 battles
I played several battels with a platoon off 2 , at first battle my headset wasnt switched on but on second one i started to hear two kids in other end not talking same Language but then i heard their parents speaking in background and translating Into a very simple english.those 2 kids platooned together before i joined them.i asked what age and country they were from ,one told he is czechia and 7 years old second one had some translating issues but managed eventuallity tell he is 12 and from italia.both were really god players one dark green  and the other Blue . could be that it was there parents acounts but make no mistake i heard them push buttons and parents way in back Ground. 

MR_FIAT #11 Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18494 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_
the only perception i have of polaks is that they are almost always realy bad at this game, and they never speak english so teamwork is out of the window too. (which is problematic in a teamgame) 

daddlar #12 Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28423 battles

Every CS:GO player is a sexists, immature, childish teen, shouting, raging, team damaging... pig. Where were those from? Sweden, Norway, UK, Germany and France.

Oh my... :hiding:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users