Tank Academy: Focus on the Spähpanzer SP I C

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:57 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Today, we would like to present you the German Tier VII Light Tank that replaced the Aufklärungspanzer Panther some months ago.

Full news text

Kothaar #2 Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:52 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 57250 battles
  • [IGNOR] IGNOR
Never understood why a perfectly working and popular tank was *replaced* by a totally different vehicle. Why not keep both?

Gremlin182 #3 Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:31 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46079 battles

I refer you to the Jingles video I will link to below, let me say I agree totally with his analaysis of the SP1C.

The wot version is heavier than the actual vehicle with a smaller engine so its a little sluggish, compared to the tier 8 RU251 that follows it which is great.

The autoloader gun is too heavy innacurate and slow firing to be worth using, yes you will get the occasional game where it would prove better but you get loads of other games where its just plain terrible.

The other 90 mm has a slowish rof but its not bad as he says there is a lot of this tank thats not bad but compared to the other tier 7 lights its not that good either.

Shell speed 630 ! seriously on a 90mm anti tank gun the HEAT is no better and the HE rounds are 338 I mean seriously thats practically walking over to the enemy tank knocking on the turret and handing them the shell.

This thing is in tier 9 and 10 games all the time, you are not mobile enough to active scout and sniping with a gun with such a slow shell speed is risky.the aim time is ok at 2.1 gun depression is good.

What I think it needs.

Historical weight which means losing 3 or 4 tons and or bigger engine.

AP shell speed increased, all the other tier 7 light tanks have shel velocities ranging from 793 on the type 62 premium tank up to 1219 on the walker bulldog.

I own and drive all the other light tanks tier 7 or 8 and this is the one that gets played the least

https://www.youtube....h?v=kqUdrMVRu7U

Cobra6 #4 Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16314 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I really loved playing this tank and I actually kept it as well. One of my best scoring tanks wn8/average XP wise and a joy to play.

While statistically this tank might be nothing special once you actually drive it around you notice that it just works for some magical reason.

Here are some of my best matches giving a good indication on how to use this vehicle:

World of Tanks // SP I C (Ace Tanker, Gun, Naydin's Medal, 11711wn8)

World of Tanks // SP1C (Confederate, 1st Class, 15620wn8)

World of Tanks // Spähpanzer SP I C (Ace Tanker, Confederate, 5516wn8)

World of Tanks // SP 1 C (1st Class, 11.064wn8, 1890xp)

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 17 February 2016 - 04:03 PM.

MongolZ #5 Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37010 battles
  • [MPORT] MPORT

View PostGremlin182, on 17 February 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

I refer you to the Jingles video I will link to below, let me say I agree totally with his analaysis of the SP1C.

The wot version is heavier than the actual vehicle with a smaller engine so its a little sluggish, compared to the tier 8 RU251 that follows it which is great.

The autoloader gun is too heavy innacurate and slow firing to be worth using, yes you will get the occasional game where it would prove better but you get loads of other games where its just plain terrible.

The other 90 mm has a slowish rof but its not bad as he says there is a lot of this tank thats not bad but compared to the other tier 7 lights its not that good either.

Shell speed 630 ! seriously on a 90mm anti tank gun the HEAT is no better and the HE rounds are 338 I mean seriously thats practically walking over to the enemy tank knocking on the turret and handing them the shell.

This thing is in tier 9 and 10 games all the time, you are not mobile enough to active scout and sniping with a gun with such a slow shell speed is risky.the aim time is ok at 2.1 gun depression is good.

What I think it needs.

Historical weight which means losing 3 or 4 tons and or bigger engine.

AP shell speed increased, all the other tier 7 light tanks have shel velocities ranging from 793 on the type 62 premium tank up to 1219 on the walker bulldog.

I own and drive all the other light tanks tier 7 or 8 and this is the one that gets played the least

https://www.youtube....h?v=kqUdrMVRu7U

I disagree with you.

First of all, Aufklärungspanzer Panther was absolutely awful tank, after nearly 300 matches I couldn't get used to it. Compared to that Spähpanzer 1 C is absolutely insane, it has OK mobility, an insane gun (more-or-less accurate, great DPM, and you can also choose if you like the single shot or the autoloader version), great camouflage, view range, and yes, shell velocity is mediocre, but it is not intended to be a long range sniper. You should already know that historical accuracy only comes when it favors soviet tanks, so no surprise.

I'm kinda surprised that WG even substituted that old crappy tank to bring in a new, better one. They hate Germans so it is a really big surprise for me.

I actually think SP 1 C is kinda OP, don't forget that it is capable to deal 720 damage within 6 secs as a tier 7 scout - with autoloader. I'm really afraid that WG will remove it.

Edited by MongolZ, 17 February 2016 - 05:53 PM.

Kothaar #6 Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:01 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 57250 battles
  • [IGNOR] IGNOR
I had 52 % win percentage in Spähpanzer and liked it a lot. It was a "heavy" recon, meaning it could pretty easily clobber other recon tanks to death, and with clobber I mean literally, since one of its special strengths was ability to cause heavy damage by ramming other lights.

" You should already know that historical accuracy only comes when it favors soviet tanks, so no surprise."

Well, no. In this game, IS-2 with 122 mm cannon is able to shoot five times a minute. In reality, the 122 cannon was a field artillery piece installed into a tank that could shoot 2 times a minute at best. Maneuverability has been upped for almost every WW 2 era-tank in the game and all equipment that was invented past year 1939 has been removed from every tank, making tier 10 mediums essentially early WW 2 tanks with different looks. And on and on. Reality has no base in this game.

Edited by Kothaar, 17 February 2016 - 06:02 PM.

007TheTanker #7 Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23047 battles

Best tier 7 tank

And my fav...

Gremlin182 #8 Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:34 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46079 battles

Well it seems some like it a lot which is fine, I have kept mine but compared to all the other lights I have tier 7 and 9 it feels sluggish, bit like how he comet feels after the croomwell.

I also like active scouting and I can do that very well in the T71 Bulldog WZ132 and the RU251.

The SP1C is more passive and taking shots of opportunity.

Problem comes when you are the only light tank on your team on somewhere like Prokorovka where you need to actively scout and deter the enemy scouts cresting the ridge.

THe Sp1C is more a lie in wait type of tank.

It should really be a more maneuverable tank its been gimped in that line somewhet.

edit

I am checking the historical stats at the moment translating from the German it seems the shell velocities are correct as it fired a hollow charge round at 630 and a grenade which im taking as the HE at 338

The engine also seems correct at 195 perhaps Jingles had some other data source though he was commenting on the test server version they may have changed it since.

I just have to check the weight in game.

re Aufklarungspanzer panther well I hated this tank for a log time calling it the awfullykrap panzer but after watching a few players doing well in it I changed my play style and it started to work well.

It was a superb ramming tank so any light ot SPG that you hit was usually dead for little damage to yourself and the Waffe gun was decent enough.

Cannot say I liked it but I stopped hating it.

lnfernaI #9 Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:33 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 27888 battles
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE

Just go vstab,binos and camo net.

Why would you put a rammer in there? The reload is fairly decent for an autoloader (about 20 +/- seconds).

Im sure it can make a good scout,using fuel and food.

Warthog_DK #10 Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:03 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 47621 battles
Very miss Aufklärungspanzer......hope it coming back as a gold tank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users