"Omg noob team"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

prkyyynko #21 Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 22050 battles

View Postzuamgua, on 06 September 2011 - 07:47 AM, said:

Hahaha its so funny i almost died laughin. I guess all of you guys at last once per day encounter a tosspot blamer in a standard battle :) usually scenario is simple and repetitive:

1) "mr perfect" dies
2) then "omg noob team" comes in
3) and then... yea then what? :)

different ppl react in different ways, some laugh, some agree and join the whining force, some just ignore it, others start to flame the blamer and suddenly game is over - lost or won, won or lost - not first and not last game this evening. Sometimes there comes a unusual riposte, or tosspot go ultra-rage-mode and starts throwing insults at everyone. At this point Id like You to bring funniest situation You'v been to, you remember :) i guess ppl with a bit sense of humour and easy-going ones can take defeat like a man without unnecessary insults and bringing down other ppl. Or maybe You have "omg noob team" label sticked on Your forehead? ;) On wich side of "barricade" You are?

personally, i hate the word "whine" as it is an universal answer from players who play retarded.. and many times there is a reason why players bitch after dying - simply cause they were too busy trying to defend an open flank when most of the team went one way for example.. after being part of such a mindless team (which tends to happen too often) and after defending my noob teams ass (an open flank usually) and killing 3 to 6 enemy tanks myself and then getting overpowered i feel a moral obligation to call the team mates who play retarded retards.. maybe i am wrong but i can see the difference between angry stating the obvious and whining on the other hand..

but many times there is a much earlier chance to see your team is full of useless players.. tier9 tanks camping in base while tier6 and 7s are going to fight the enemy.. or as i have already pointed out - 12 tanks going one flank and me in a tiger trying to defend one or two other open flanks.. i beg your pardon, but this kind of gaming does not give me fun.. human stupidity tends to make me angry when it is too obvious..  ;)

View PostVonkriska, on 06 September 2011 - 07:57 AM, said:

I tend to get very angry at people using the "noob" word. Sometimes they use it when usually tier 8 and above dosent follow their masterplan. Other times they get shot rightaway, and they go "omg we lost. gg".
It anoys me because sometimes my 10 year old son plays this GAME, and he dosent quit get the idea of hiding and sneaking. So he usually goes straight out and have fun shooting...... and dying quick. But he has fun doing it.
Then the last thing i need to see is the whining and bitching that sometimes follows.

as for you, mate.. maybe you should think about letting your 10 year old kid playing a game not suitable for children under 13.. teen rating

and of course, feel free to call me a "crybaby" or a "whiner", frankly, i do not expect anything else than that in such a topic :lol:

GorDoink #22 Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 20241 battles

View PostVonkriska, on 06 September 2011 - 07:57 AM, said:

... my 10 year old son plays this GAME, and he dosent quit get the idea of hiding and sneaking. So he usually goes straight out and have fun shooting...... and dying quick. But he has fun doing it.
Then the last thing i need to see is the whining and bitching that sometimes follows.

I have a ten year old son who's much the same, he can be strategic sometimes but usually his patience (or rather lack of it) gets the better of him.  And good luck to them.

View PostJingles, on 06 September 2011 - 08:10 AM, said:

Tosspots like that get added to my ignore list pretty damn quick.  I have an unusually long ignore list.

Does this mean that ignore listees don't show up in the in-game chat?  Or, even better, that the match-maker does not pair you togther again?   I can dream, can't I?

View PostKampfpanzer, on 06 September 2011 - 08:21 AM, said:

Don't waste your time on replying to flaming dead people if you are alive.

Sound advice but so hard to resist sometimes (maybe that's where my boy gets his patient soul from).  I've take to asking how they think insulting their team helps the situation.  One guy's response was that the team would learn although quite what useful lesson he thought they might learn from being called noobs I have no idea.

FrostDX #23 Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles
There is no point in arguing with whiners that are usually biggest noobs themselves - they will bring you to their (low) level, and beat you with experience.  <_<

Yesterday I had a battle on Malinovka in test server, and some retard in JT started whining cause I'm in a base behind a rock and I'm heavy tank (I guess his idea was that E-100 and other heavys should leave base unprotected and waste >5 minutest trying to go up hill just to be flanked by mediums), he probably wanted that spot for himself :P Anyway, 2-3 minutes later, 5 tier 9 meds were at our base, and a few heavys... Anyway I killed 5 of them in the end, and we won, and that idiot didn't knew what else to say to my arguments so he just repeated "noob" (which was followed by my question: "is that the only word in your dictionary? gj man, at least you can spell it right"), although I saved both: the battle and his own ass. Human stupidity is truly unlimited...

FrostDX #24 Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12490 battles
And I forgot to mention - when someone says "Omg noob team", my generic answer is usually "yeah, noob team, but important thing is that you did a hell of a job" and usually they are highest ranked tank in team that died without kills, and who knows if they even damaged anyone...

Lokomotiv #25 Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:09 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31070 battles
This is my favorite flame!

OMG Noob Team!

Truth... Sometimes there are teams that behave very bad, not because they had a bad judgement has a whole but most of the times influential tanks in battle just make that wrong decision that follows with the quick demise of the team.

Saying noob team in this situations it's just a breath of fresh air.

Chillin1248 #26 Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 14551 battles
I never call people noobs, to do so is basically saying that you are an ubernerd who's whole life is dedicated to shooting pixels.

mystictda #27 Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 10388 battles
Actually I'm on both sides. Sometimes when I play the 4th or 5th game in a row where nearly all my teammates die in the first 5 minutes or I have to defend 1 flank on my own and of course the other's team main force is running over this flank, it gets frustrating. I don't fall into an abusive rage, after my tank is destroyed I just call my team "noobs" once and leave the game. Sometimes I just can't help doing that.

On the other hand sometimes others say I am a noob and yes sometimes I just make the wrong decisions in a match. No one's perfect at all.

So just don't take it too serious if you are called a noob. The one doing so maybe just had some bad battles in a row and is a little frustrated.

Retrowar #28 Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:43 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13732 battles
I can't remember how many times i was called "noob" becosue of my medium tactics. Usualy i drive my M4 Sherman this way: i wait till all of my team deployes as then the usualy encounter oposition. At that time i drive other way and mostly "sneak" behind oposition and take out arty. If it's battle without arty i "sneak" behind oposittion and shot them from behind. Risky tactics as you can get killed if opositions have some tanks in defence around base but, hey, this is game and you shuld have fun playing it and most frustrating thing is you are called "noob" if you die too fast or get "great work XY, that was nice move". I personaly ignore such senntences as i play how i like it. This counts only for random battles, as in CW i follow orders as that's best way to win CW battle.

Hellbanan #29 Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29640 battles

View PostJingles, on 06 September 2011 - 08:10 AM, said:

Tosspots like that get added to my ignore list pretty damn quick.  I have an unusually long ignore list.

Feels kind of stupid to ask: Is there a ignorlist of players so I don't see their chat messages? Or what did you mean with ignorelist?

View PostKampfpanzer, on 06 September 2011 - 08:21 AM, said:

Important rule in online gaming:in case of failure always blame your team /sarcasmAnyways - you can't win against such people.

Important rule number 2: tell everybody that you slept with their mom!

View PostRdecakapica, on 06 September 2011 - 08:43 AM, said:

i agree but...WoT is a record holder bout retarded players.its a fact.

Seriously, sometimes I ask myself if this is a player playing or a bot? I really have the feeling that some talented programmers wrote some kind of bot that simply follows the biggest tank in game...

Slopert #30 Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:15 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6610 battles

View PostRdecakapica, on 06 September 2011 - 08:43 AM, said:

i agree but...WoT is a record holder bout retarded players.
its a fact.

Every game has retarded players. Be happy that there is no faction pvp like Axis vs Allies. And that the biggest percent retarded players chose to play the faction you have chosen. ;)

Alighierian #31 Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18926 battles
i only use 'noob team' when the entire team in a 'well balanced' match died without doing any real damage
or when they dont rush all at once or stay to camp, but send one out tot scout, he gets shot, send another one, and so on

i was laughing my @ss off once, a E-75 was flaming me for doing 'nothing' with my GWE, despite my hitting of 8 tanks for ~800-1k each and getting 3 kills
he didnt stop, i just ignored him and TD"d 2 assaulting enemies and blew the last enemy TD to 10% with one shot (a jagdtiger)

his whining was very... very boring, he only used 2-3 sentences, sometimes a bit different, but the idea was always the same, he was so called 'perfect' and i 'didnt have a clue what i was doing'

stuff like that can be very entertaining at time =D

Templarr #32 Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1345 battles
  • [DDNS] DDNS

View PostChillin1248, on 06 September 2011 - 10:24 AM, said:

I never call people noobs, to do so is basically saying that you are an ubernerd who's whole life is dedicated to shooting pixels.

I agree, it remains a game...

sure I play serious every time and like to get further,
I listen to those who offer proper strategy and advice, and try to execute them as followed (sometimes very unsuccesfully, but hey Im relatively new, my first VIB tiger 2 ;) )
and yes I even can get frustrated some times when I get scouted and killed within 3 minutes cause of lack of defense...

but....thats the game, you win some and lose some, also unnessasary some times.

The funniest thing for me though, is when people start blaiming others when we are actually winning! :D I remember a few games we had the obvious upper hand and STILL people started shouting about their unfortunate death, now thats entertainment.

The thing is, you cannot decide what strategy always works or whats good every game, sometimes a full left rush might just do the trick, but I find it just to easy to wait when your down to the last 5 tanks, against their full team and then point out the obvious ''we should have...''.

The most of the time I let it go and ignore that part of the chat, but I also often go and piss these people off more, can't believe people get THAT serious over a game, its just funny to me! ;)

Riko #33 Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:48 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 7391 battles

View Postprkyyynko, on 06 September 2011 - 09:25 AM, said:

personally, i hate the word "whine" as it is an universal answer from players who play retarded..
I gave you +1 for the whole post, since I totally agree with you, but for that line I would like to give you +100500.
I tend to think of 90% of people in randoms as of noobs, but I call only one tenth of them by that word. And the most biggest noobs always answer using the word "whine".

For those, who think it is all about fun and they are allowed to do what ever they want, I can only say to think about other people. How do you think people feel on tier 5-6 stock heavies, if they see their tier 10 dude suiciding in the first minute? They definitely not think something like "I gonna get fun being raped by high tier heavies, who will come in 3 minutes, once they are done with tier 8/9 tanks". Or do you think it is fun for tier 7-8 heavies to fight tier 9 heavies, while their tier 9 TDs camp in the base? TD in base is always a fail in random battle. Especially if it is a top tier tank! I can understand, if one TD on the bottom of the matching feels useless and stays in base, but if top tier TD camps in base and lets his allies getting killed by higher tier enemies, then it is a fail without discussion. In fact, the most dangerous TD is the attacking one. Of course TD should not rush, and it should not go first on the open maps. The best is probably 50 meters behind heavies or mediums.

If you guys, feel like fun and want just waste time, why not meet all in one training room and rush all together into the center and do there what ever you want? "Having fun" in a stupid way in random battles means causing pain to low tier people and wasting their time. Because they are not there for "having fun", they are there to earn exp and cash and to buy higher tanks. Those, who "have fun" in a way that reduces the win chances of the team, are ignorant egomans!

If you let your 10 years old son, who does not understand anything about tactics and knows nothing about tanks of this game, play the tier 10 tank, he fails and someone calls him noob, then you have no right to complain. Because in that case these people basically state facts. If I sometimes do some shit experimenting with new tactics and new positions on the map and fail, then I write it in the chat: "I failed". And if people start calling me "noob", I only admit it. Because it is fact in this case. But if someone does a total shit or lets his relative or friend play top tier tank, then he must actually type in the very beginning in the chat "here is noob, do not count on me". So that people have at least a chance to come up with a strategy that assumes one useless top tier tank in the team.

One good question still remains: is it reasonable to state facts (like "noob team"), even if it is the case?
What would you do seeing people in real life doing something wrong? Would you say "it is all about fun, go ahead"? Yes, some people do that, they even encourage people to do stupid things and laugh over them.
This is of course a game, but it still causes pain to people, who have just 2-3 hours a week, got just tier 5-6 tank and are strictly speaking discriminated by developers. If I play top tier tank, then I feel responsible for everyone. Normally, I do not allow myself to "have fun" or try experiments that would totally f*** up the whole team. Basically, I do not know how to answer that question.

And those, who think they are not noobs, just because they had x000 battles, are really noobs, because the word noob is not related to the number of your games (even though it originated from "new" and "newbie"). Noob denotes a player, who either has no experience (regardless the number of games) or has no knowledge or cannot use his experience and knowledge in practice.

PS I do not think my post or this whole topic will change anything, because it is people's nature and habit to be arrogant and selfish.

Templarr #34 Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:59 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1345 battles
  • [DDNS] DDNS

View PostRiko, on 06 September 2011 - 11:48 AM, said:

What would you do seeing people in real life doing something wrong? Would you say "it is all about fun, go ahead"?

Saying ''noob team'' won't improve the situation, rather give them advice, even if it seems so obvious to you (an experienced player)...

i find it a hard idea to denegrate those who are new, or hard learners... yes, they are new, and maybe not that skilled as you or others, but rather help them improve then sit down and start (oooh yes I am going to say it) whining ;)

I am glad with every all the constructive criticism I get, as long as it explains to me what I should have done, its alright, you may even call me noob at that time.

but someone going on and on about noob this noob that, without anything proper argumenting, they are completely useless and are pretty much wasting just as much time as the acual noobs! ;)

Mungo73 #35 Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34115 battles
  • [BLUTE] BLUTE
I got called "noob" because I got stuck in terrain with my gun pointing to the sky. After the patch (6.4) that removed the getting stuck issue...

I got called "idiot" because I told my team that with my KV-1S I am going to follow and support our top tank, a T43. Although when we started rolling over the enemy with him confusing them and me one shotting their Tier IV and V tanks from the back, the comments got better :-).

But most of the time I get called noob by people who have tanks several tiers lower, with no clue how my tank works. Also any type of strategy proposal is often met with "noob".

What I do now (and it works!) is the following: when I am on top or have a key tank (like top medium or thickest armor), I decide on my strategy and ask other tanks specifically to help me. Example: "x and y, could you please join me to ...".

W0Z #36 Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51660 battles
Had this happen in Abbey last night.

Two KV5's (our top tanks)drove up the valley on the right and ran into the waiting TD's when starting bitching about noob team and lack support when the died.

It's kind of odd how two top tankers drive all the way up a valley before they realise there's nobody else with them.

We went on to win the game and even me in my bottom of the list SU-85 managed to get two kills (not bad for a noob).

HighFlyer15 #37 Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20356 battles
  • [INC] INC
I always get the "noob rush!" on Campinovka, when I rush over to their houses, when I spawn on the good side without houses..
Then I always light up all of their camping tanks for the arty and for the rest of our team.. If someone is clever enough to go through the swamp and take out eventual tanks sitting on the hill, then that's a bonus, since they are the only tanks being able to kill me without breaking cover, since they're out of my viewrange.. So if you ever see someone crossing the field succesfully, please go and spot the tanks on the hill ;)

Last time I killed an E-75, a Ferdi and an IS-4, from full health, THEN my team decided to go and help.. When the smoke clears the heroes come rolling >_>

In the other maps where a lot of other tactics can be used, it's a different story. People who has grinded all the way to a fully upgraded E-75, Ausf B, IS-4 or T34 should damn well know what works and what doesn't, so to see them rush off and die alone is heartbreaking to watch and it's often in those situations that the "NOOOOOB TEAM!" messages arrive..

_Hegemon_ #38 Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16294 battles
I can understand everything..lack of experience, lack of lucky ;) - but....

If U telling Your teammates in Malinovka map

- Guys , don't rush in the middle ,B'cause They will shoot You out like a ducks...

and they don't listen to You..and after Yours advice - You watching from upper hill - like half of Your teammates rushing trough the open country and daying in flames.

What can U think about it..

Another example from Malinovka...

Your team has two BT-2 tanks..Most of teammates has slower tanks (PzII, Pz35t,Ms-1 etc, etc). I'm trying to move with packs of 3-4 tanks in line formation to get upper hill, attack from there any rushing adversary tanks and enemy base..I'm  asking one of the BT (which is in Your flanking attacking group) to slow down and wait for other tanks (when more tanks is attacking target simultaneously - then chance of win is bigger) ...He could stop and hide in the bushes..Nooooo He will not be listen to You and any other good advices of Your teammates.

He's rushing alone - like a kamikaze - straight to the enemy base..rest of our tanks couldn't match with his speed - so after 20 sec, we could only observe how enemy tank crews grilled sausages on a grid cooler of our rushing BT's tank hero in enemy base..

The whole team effort, a plan of attack with a predominance of quantitative and surprise - we could put in ourself (_|_) .. For the enemy is already prepared for your appearance in this place (and had good lunch time)..

At this time we were lucky ..we have won this battle but losses where to high. We Could have been avoided this situation if the players cooperate with each other..

Ensk example...

11 tanks - like lemmings - is going to battle in city - 2 tanks (including me and my team mate) trying to stop hunt 2 our arty units from enemy tanks rushing from open country and railroad..

We are drawing attention to the rest our team - that our arty has lack of armour cover . We are asking for help and giving a signals to the friendly 3 tanks (which currently are not involved in city battle) - to join us, cover our arty - and make some smart rush on enemies back..

They don't listenig ... Enemy rushing with 6 tanks (3 on left side - 3 on railroad with E arty support). The enemy attacking me and my teammate with the weight of numbers - in despite of our defense - they destroying us - and quietly remove our artillery smashing it to pieces.

In the same time - rest of the our team - still playing with 7 enemy tanks Seek and Hide game in the city. Now - while 2 enemy tanks providing capture procedure - 2 others (from 6 which attacked our base - 2 of them was destroyed by me,my teammate and our arty) attacking our tanks from back..

Battle ending after 4-5 minutes..My whole team is eliminated..And what is funny - everyone accusing us (except arty guys - they said - Thank You without sarcasm )- that we where Noobs and we couldn't stop 6 enemy tanks with their arty support.....

MattMason #39 Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18180 battles

View PostHellbanan, on 06 September 2011 - 11:10 AM, said:

Feels kind of stupid to ask: Is there a ignorlist of players so I don't see their chat messages? Or what did you mean with ignorelist?

In battle ctrl+rightclick on a players name in the sidebars (friend or enemy) and select "ignore"

Shootingstarr #40 Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26405 battles
hegemon, with all due respect... you cannot complain about noobs in a match with PNZ2 and the likes...
seriously, 98% of them ARE noobs, the other 2% don't want to spend their free xp on low tier tanks

however, I had some bad matches with my t29 lately
prokhorovka
upside was: I was top dog :P
downside was:
the whole goddamn team goes down suicide alley, and I end up defending hill by my own
I bravely held the line against a noob IS, 2 pnz3/4, 1 or 2 pnz4 and some other rubbish lighttanks annoying the living hell out of me with their HE rounds
anyway my team failed to push through suicide alley and we lost, because the last enemy on my side got a lucky shot and killed me. after that they capped the base

then the very next match on mountain pass
upside: again, I was under the top 3 of my team, so no hard competition
downside: I was left alone at glacier with a kv-3 and a hummel...
so I held the line against 3 IS an SU-152 and whatnot
in the end we won, but not thanks to the cowardice of my team...

I just wanted to cry :(

however the bouncy turret of t29 saved my team in both matches for at least 7 minutes each

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users