"Omg noob team"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

Nirvana #61 Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:25 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18988 battles
See that all the time. I usually ignore them, or I counter-troll  :Smile-playing:

Also, I tend to use the term "noob", but not in an offensive way, nor am I ever really mad. I just platoon with friends and we like making fun of each other :).

waschbaer #62 Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:32 AM

Private

• Clan Diplomat
  • 25420 battles
  • [K-_-K] K-_-K
Its not the noob or not noob question its the teamwork question.

if 13 tanks run at ruinberg to K 0 and camp there  and didnt move back if the 2 guys in the city got raped and the enemy pushes to base.....

or lakeville 10 tanks including the high tiers go in the valley hiding for 8 minutes  enemy team conquers the city and push to base

the valley squad anwers with atting 1 after 1 into 2 tds  result all become gun food and base got lost ....

or the best   14 tanks camping and dont recognize that they were spotted for arty ( komarin malinowka murowanka )

its the lemming effect ... 80% players dont look at map and thinking where can my tank be useful  no they just rush into suicide or follow the hightier like lemmings...

CZ1Thor #63 Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:30 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28291 battles

View PostRongoMatane, on 06 September 2011 - 10:42 PM, said:

I guess there can be a big discussion about it, but in principle i think it's the best you can do to kill the almost dead ones. If there are two equal tanks, one on 1% the other at 100%, you'll benefit greatly from killing the 1% guy, because he can deal no more damage - even if this means less exp for you. Personally, i alter my play style when i am heavily damage. Just today i had a match where i did most of my "work" when i got below 20%.
You can easily find an example that shows, that focused damage is superior to spread damage (ever played a mmorpg? ;)).

...particularly i mean the helpless ones situation...yes i play mmorpg  so i see your good point here "one cannon its much better then two" :)

Soul_Cruiser #64 Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12393 battles
  • [AISAG] AISAG
As an "OLD" gamer I have to agree with this thread. Having said that it happens in all games I've played there is always one Richard Head who wants to gripe and moan and let everyone else know how bitterly unfair his life is when he dies ingame.

My retort is simple

Me: "Did you enter the game of your own free will?"  :)

Him: "YES!!! you )$(%$** $*) $&$%&% *$£*$%% "  :o

Me: "Do you like to play this game?"  B)

Him: "Errr YES!! you ugly )%^*%^* %^*^$%) *%*^ * %^*%^^% "  :angry:

Me: "The have a smile and a coke and STFU!"  :P

End of conversation

Remember when being flamed or blamed always stay calm it annoys the hell of of em ;)

Templarr #65 Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1345 battles
  • [DDNS] DDNS

View Postprkyyynko, on 06 September 2011 - 02:54 PM, said:

let me describe some random experience:

and usually the chat conversation goes like this:

me: "idiots" (when i am angry, i tend to say it out loud - probably some hot blood in veins  :Smile-izmena:  )
some smart-ass: "stop whining"
me: "thank you for no help, idiots.. you left the flank open.."
some smart-ass: "stfu, dead man"

Hmmmm yes in a situation as this one I can fully understand. But most of the times I hear someone screaming ''noob team'', its at the very beginning when someone drove himself to his death out of careless actions/suicide run.

For example:

laketown, at the mountain pass

Starting in the North side with a SPG, I'm standing at the end on the north west side with my Hummel guarding the pass, I notice a low tier scouting ahead, getting hammered by 3 heavies, 1 TD and 1 SPG on the other side. So our ferdinand and I sit back waiting for them to come.

Now on this point a tiger on our side moves up over the pass, track gets shot off at the first sight, to get hammered by all named above within the following seconds.

result: The tiger owner starts calling everyone a noob, the entire team for not being there to drive with him, that the ferdinand should have moved up, and that I should have taken out (with ofcourse my awesome automatic 4 shots a second fireing???) the enemy TD AND SPG within ofcourse those 5 seconds.

Now for me, this kid is just whining, he made a stupid move trying to go over the pass alone and died for it, period.

When you see you are already with a few tanks at the pass, with the rest rushing the town, then you sit back, and hold the fort/delay their advance till the town side rushed trough. A tiger, ferdinend and 1 SPG should be able to at least make a stand for a few minutes to buy some time for the rush on the other side (which worked at the end, we won the match), or for others from mid or even the east to return to support.

Now on this occasion, I do tell the kid to stop his whining, cause his arguments do not make sence to me(nor the rest of the team). I admit when I do something stupid, hell, I even apologize for is from time to time, but this kids fate was sealed the second he thought of tanking over the pass with a tiger alone... :P

Warmagi #66 Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:32 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25656 battles

View PostTemplarr, on 07 September 2011 - 12:55 PM, said:

but this kids fate was sealed the second he thought of tanking over the pass with a tiger alone... :P

I completely agree with you. You never, ever rush the valley on Lakeville or how I like to call it death valley, unless you know you have BIG advantage. 3 tanks can easily hold that pass if enemy is doing peek-a-boo. I don't know why people can't understand or don't want to basic strategies. Ofcourse if you all go one side wise enemy will recognise that and transfer his forces to the other flank, that is obvious if you are facing 3 tanks with 8 on your side you should rush them not sit around the corner like mentally sick. When I play with my friends in a platoon we usually make a win happen, we push were everyone is sitting and camping, we reinforce weak flanks, we flank stronger enemy that is heavily engaged with someone else.
Is it really so hard? Really?

Kampfpanzer #67 Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:11 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 23105 battles

View PostWarmagi, on 08 September 2011 - 02:32 AM, said:

I completely agree with you. You never, ever rush the valley on Lakeville or how I like to call it death valley, unless you know you have BIG advantage. 3 tanks can easily hold that pass if enemy is doing peek-a-boo.
Same scenario type, different map: arctic region, F9 (ramp at northern base).

How often do I say: "don't go down, stay uphill and stick to the hill to stand arty-safe" and yet: some rush down, get pwned and start flaming why they had no support.

VladPomar #68 Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14458 battles
I am one of the players that use to call others "noobs" or "idiots" pretty often...))).
I like to play medium tanks and this are the type of tanks that need support.So let`s say i`m in a tier 6 battle with my VK3601H,the hole team goes 1 way,well that`s OK if at least 3 players are defending the other flank;so i defend a hole flank by myself or with another tank,i do all i can,angle my tank,hit weakspots and finaly i manage to hold the flank enough time so my team can get to the caping point but when they get there instead o start caping before the enemy,they all (and i mean all of them,all 10 palyers ) go to kill an arty that`s hiding behind a rock,GREAT,and we lose because the enemies start caping before of us...
  So,after i did all that i can to stop that flank i lose the game because my team wanted that easy kill arty....
Or,i am in a tier 8 match,so i am pretty useless and i defend a flank with,let`s say,a TIger II.And we really can defend that flank,we have a good position and then the RAMBO Tiger II decides that he should figh all 5 enemies alone,and gets destroyed after 30 seconds and i can`t defend the flank alone,so i lose and that`s it.
There are many examples of stupid players and when i see such stupidities i start swearing,now if think i am pretty surprised that i wasn`t banned yet.
So,yea,i am one of the players that call players noobs often but i have reasons,also sorry for my english...

GorDoink #69 Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 20241 battles

View PostSoul_Cruiser, on 07 September 2011 - 12:30 PM, said:

As an "OLD" gamer I have to agree with this thread. Having said that it happens in all games I've played there is always one Richard Head who wants to gripe and moan and let everyone else know how bitterly unfair his life is when he dies ingame.

I work with a guy called Richard Head (honest, guv), I'll ask him about his dreadful behaviour when I get into work later this morning. ;-)

Ronineter #70 Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 20510 battles
  • [READ] READ
I reac tby trolling them and make them more angry because i hate them and have a laugh when they go rage. To be honest I dont like it when people get angry because they loose, and mostley I experience it when we are winning. Sometimes I do it myself after killed because I had no support  to protect a flank. But I leave the battle then immedeintly. I had one time in my tiger2 that the whole team died in the first three minutes. I killed after that 9 enemys and the one left was a hummel that starter capping making us loose because my engine and tracks Were damaged.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users