Upcoming GM features feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Fynnegun #1 Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12676 battles

Hey guys,

So we are planning a few features (3) for the Global Map and I'd like your feedback on it.

The documents are quite long so I'll just simplify it it as much as possible and you'll let me know what you think:

• What you like about it.
  • What you don't like about it and how would you improve it.
  • Suggestions.
  • Other.

1. Quest system
    • The fist iteration of the quest system is based on clan’s landing tournaments results.
    • A clan receives quests automatically, provided the clan complies with the quest requirements.
    • Any start province as well as provinces particularly assigned with an algorithm can be a quest target.
    • Quests can be assigned to clans according to a customized calendar: daily, weekly, or on particular week days.
    • In this iteration, gold and influence would be used as quest rewards.
  2. Revolts
    • The revolt feature is aimed at creating additional points of entering the GM arena where large-scale clans’ holdings are formed. In general, revolts are to work the following way:  each province that is not a landing/auction province has a Resistance counter, which increases its count by a particular number of points daily depending on various factors. When it reaches its maximum, a revolt begins in the province, i.e. it becomes a landing province for a day. The owner of the province can slow down the resistance growth speed, while other clans can anonymously increase it.
    • Similar yet a bit different than the old GM system.
  3. Shifting battles
  • A new feature will appear to enable a province owner to shift battle time for their provinces owned by 15 minutes. To shift a battle start time, a province owner selects a province N turns before the deadline and selects a specified option in the action bar.
  • A battle shift is public information, i.e. all clans can see that battles for a province are shifted.
  • A battle shift is applied until the end of the Prime Time.
  • Important! The info about which provinces battle shifts are applied to is made public at once N turns (up for balancing) before the deadline. This is made to avoid cases of shifts activated last minute in order to prevent opponents from “adapting” and activating their own shifts to battle against the original clan.

A battle shift application for a province is applied during the Deadline-N turn; an application can be canceled before this turn (the same as auction applications are applied at deadline). Influence paid for shifting a battle is reserved at the moment the application is submitted.

Please provide me constructive feedback and you'll be sure I'll carry your feedback to devs.

I'd like obviously to ask only experienced GM players to reply.

Thanks!

Decept1on

Venitus #2 Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 38877 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
The battle shift sounds like a feature helping clans to do more fights since they will be able to double field a team. IMO the return of revolts could counter the bid spam decently. I do wonder whether the addition of quests could differentiate seasons from the campaigns.

arturo112 #3 Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9034 battles
Quests sound good, and shifting the battle by 15 minutes is something that people have been asking for for years, so I'm glad to see it finally be implemented. I'll reserve judgement on how revolts will affect the map, but it sounds like overall this is a very good change.

Gnomus #4 Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34484 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET

1. Quests: Depends on quest targets, rewards etc. Targets need to be timezone related. Perhaps allow WoWS like system on resetting quest at some interval, just in case someone get stuck to quest they are having too much trouble with.

Rewards needs to be balanced. If reward is too little, then clans rather sit tight farming, because it's not worth losing 5k a day to get 100 gold from quest. On the other hand if rewards is too high it means clans  are just jumping from random targets to random targets. Where the good balance should be is harder question.

2. Revolts. Everything depends on implementation. If they are too rare, they are not affecting map much. If they are too frequent it will make map chaotic (I think this still better option than too undynamic map). If they work too predictable, like in some campaign, where clans know in which orders riots were assigned and thus could keep their stacks on those targets and leave rest undefended, then they do not fulfill their job. There needs to be good frequency where clans holding lot of areas need to work for them, but where having an extra area does not break everything.

3. Makes it easier for clans to fight, as they don't need as many teams same time. Good for clans with only few teams. Just make sure this does not break game when suddenly large active clans can do twice the battles and hold up even more areas because over numbering their defenses will be harder.

In short: It all depends on balance and exact way of implementing. Basic ideas are good, just implement them well.

Fluffy_Bad_Squirrel #5 Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20091 battles

1. Quests:   Not to fussed I prefer to keep things simple but I would keep an open mind and see if it improves participation?

2. Revolts:  It worked well on the old map making it less predictable and more dynamic, so why not bring it back.

3. Shifting battle: I can see some clans manipulating this but do not know if it would be better or for the worse.  I would just prefer to see GM landing battle times reduced  to just 5 mins. 

Hopefully changes to the GM map will be thoroughly thought through before implementing them but changes are needed but should be kept simple.

Edited by Fluffy_Bad_Squirrel, 18 February 2016 - 04:32 PM.

mightyjosHi #6 Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:04 PM

Brigadier

• Clan Commander
  • 33818 battles
  • [S4] S4

1. Quests
If the rewards are only Gold and Influence most of the clans wont complete them because its not worth to leave a good position for small amounts of stuff.
If the rewards are to big, the quests become easy rigging targets. So i guess its very difficult to fine-tune the rewards.
Suggestion: ClanCamos (digital <3) and other "unique" stuff.

2. Revolts
Wont change much. As its a landing it does not add additional stress to the clans, they jsut defend it 1/2 hours after primetime.
Because most of the Clans hold at least one Landing/Auction Province, they already have an "entrypoint" for enemy clans.

3. Shifting Battles
Nice option. It will allow Clans to defend more province with a low amount of teams. So more Skill is needed to kick a clan from the map because you actually need to win and not just spam with battles. Which was always the source of the most complaints.
I definitely like it but we will see how it works out in the end.

--------

As always, thank you for you work deception (The poll was a very nice idea and i hope you got alot of feedback from it). 

glenmp #7 Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Clan Commander
  • 20331 battles
  • [OM] OM

1. Quest system​

• Quest system might be good for clans, which are not playing WDM all the time to get decent rewards. Normally for good / top clans (top 50) it is better to stay on the Map and farm Gold oldschool way (between 5k and 12K a day or even >20K)
  • If you would implement different difficulties of quests (maybe EASY, MEDIUM and HARD) with different rewards (which could reach an avg. goldreward between 4K and 10K a day for HARD) you would also motivate top clans to leave their position on the map and start questing, or subgoals like 1K or 2K gold and a maingoal with 5K gold (per Day), for less gold than 4K per day a lot of top clans will not participate 

2. Revolts

• The maximum amount of possible revolts at the same day should be depending on the number of the provinces, which a clan holds.​
  • Revolts should have a smaller amount of possible applications, maybe maximum eight.

3. Shifting battles

• It’s a “nice to have” feature for top clans, because they can fight more battles with their top team and they can fight with more enemy clans at the same primetime, so more battles and more competition (less technicals and penalties).
  • It’s also a nice thing for clans with only one team, because of they have the chance to defend 2-3 provinces on the map in one time zone.

Edited by glenmp, 19 February 2016 - 06:17 PM.

acm166 #8 Posted 21 February 2016 - 04:55 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 33310 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

1. Quest system. without changing the amount a clan can hold all you will see is ally clans changing lands with each other without needing to fight for example if OM's mission is in OMNI land then OMNI will allow OM to move to that objective without a fight seeing as they are the same clan no fighting will take place and they will get a nice boost without doing anything.

2. Revolts. i do not see this making any problems for any clan one extra battle for say 3XR currently holding around 40 land is not going to do anything its not going to limit them or slow them down and now they can change the defence time so not a problem to defend 1 extra battle.

3. Shifting battles. just allowing clans holding more land then they have teams to defend more easy.

the only thing in this list i think will help the GM in any way is revolts but as i said above this it too easy to rig. if you want the map more even then replace the old system make all provinces a landing zone allow the shifting battle with this system it will allow clans to have more of a chance but not hold all the GM and it allows for the lower clans to own some land. I know the old system with this was a pain in the *** having all your land attacked the same night at the same time was hectic but it made it a challenge and limited all clans to only holding what they could defend

Edited by acm166, 21 February 2016 - 05:25 PM.

panzertiger556 #9 Posted 21 February 2016 - 05:34 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17688 battles

View Postacm166, on 21 February 2016 - 04:55 PM, said:

1. Quest system. without changing the amount a clan can hold all you will see is ally clans changing lands with each other without needing to fight for example if OM's mission is in OMNI land then OMNI will allow OM to move to that objective without a fight seeing as they are the same clan no fighting will take place and they will get a nice boost without doing anything.

2. Revolts. i do not see this making any problems for any clan one extra battle for say 3XR currently holding around 40 land is not going to do anything its not going to limit them or slow them down and now they can change the defence time so not a problem to defend 1 extra battle.

3. Shifting battles. just allowing clans holding more land then they have teams to defend more easy.

the only thing in this list i think will help the GM in any way is revolts but as i said above this it too easy to rig. if you want the map more even then replace the old system make all provinces a landing zone allow the shifting battle with this system it will allow clans to have more of a chance but not hold all the GM and it allows for the lower clans to own some land. I know the old system with this was a pain in the *** having all your land attacked the same night at the same time was hectic but it made it a challenge and limited all clans to only holding what they could defend

We would never let OM take our gold!:teethhappy:

Fynnegun #10 Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12676 battles
Thanks everyone for your input, I shall carry your voice and concerns.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users