OI

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Riff_Raff_ #41 Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16987 battles

View Postlemthepimpmeard, on 19 February 2016 - 11:23 AM, said:

The stats show how this tank (over)performs, there isn't any getting away from that.

Those arguments are identical to who the KV-1Sport "wasn't OP" - when in fact both tanks are/were flagrantly overpowered.

Pit an O-P against any same tier HT (you know, what they're meant to be balanced against) and the O-P has a huge advantage:

http://tanks.gg/wot/...-h.c:t-150.c:m6

do the stats show how easily this tank can be trolled? no they don't! as i said stats don't tell the whole story. it is a dangerous tank yes but can be easily flanked and killed.also look at all the moans and gripes in this forum about pretty much everything.are they all to be adhered to as well? imagine what game we would have then.

Edited by Riff_Raff_, 19 February 2016 - 12:34 PM.

lemthepimpmeard #42 Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:40 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27248 battles

View PostRiff_Raff_, on 19 February 2016 - 11:30 AM, said:

do the stats show how easily this tank can be trolled? no they don't! as i said stats don't tell the whole story. it is a dangerous tank yes but can be easily flanked and killed.also look at all the moans and gripes in this forum about pretty much everything.are they all to be adhered to as well? imagine what game we would have then.

Do the stats show how this thing is overperforming? Yes, absolutely they do.

Forget about the rare times when you catch one on its own and you can sidehug it to death in a Luchs - back in reality you have a tank which (as my link illustrated) is tricky for a same tier HT to penetrate frontally and sports a howitzer.

Riff_Raff_ #43 Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:52 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16987 battles

View Postlemthepimpmeard, on 19 February 2016 - 11:40 AM, said:

Do the stats show how this thing is overperforming? Yes, absolutely they do.

Forget about the rare times when you catch one on its own and you can sidehug it to death in a Luchs - back in reality you have a tank which (as my link illustrated) is tricky for a same tier HT to penetrate frontally and sports a howitzer.

TRICKY! you said it,tricky. should a tank be nerfed because its tricky? you attack this tank from the front? really? after you have read your precious stats? oh dear.

lemthepimpmeard #44 Posted 19 February 2016 - 01:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27248 battles

View PostRiff_Raff_, on 19 February 2016 - 11:52 AM, said:

TRICKY! you said it,tricky. should a tank be nerfed because its tricky? you attack this tank from the front? really? after you have read your precious stats? oh dear.

Oh dear god

Read the tanks.gg link I posted, note the penetration of HTs compared to the O-P's frontal armour, and see what I was talking about.

Also note I was specifically talking about heavy tanks.

Riff_Raff_ #45 Posted 19 February 2016 - 01:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16987 battles

View Postlemthepimpmeard, on 19 February 2016 - 12:02 PM, said:

Oh dear god

Read the tanks.gg link I posted, note the penetration of HTs compared to the O-P's frontal armour, and see what I was talking about.

Also note I was specifically talking about heavy tanks.

i did.

lemthepimpmeard #46 Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27248 battles

View PostRiff_Raff_, on 19 February 2016 - 12:32 PM, said:

i did.

If you did then it leaves one of 3 options

1) You're playing devil's advocate for a laugh

2) You're being wilfully obtuse

3) You're trolling.

Riff_Raff_ #47 Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16987 battles

View Postlemthepimpmeard, on 19 February 2016 - 02:19 PM, said:

If you did then it leaves one of 3 options

1) You're playing devil's advocate for a laugh

2) You're being wilfully obtuse

3) You're trolling.

just the 1 answer
1) you are wrong.

lemthepimpmeard #48 Posted 19 February 2016 - 04:26 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27248 battles

View PostRiff_Raff_, on 19 February 2016 - 02:58 PM, said:

just the 1 answer
1) you are wrong.

Except I have the server stats on my side which show the tanks to be OP. Awk.

If the O-I is not OP, why do noobs overperform in them as borne out by the server stats?

It's a machine which dishes out the most damage of any tier 6HT and first on kills for tier 6HTs and bounces the most shots of any tier 6 HT - how can you not see the problem here?

Edited by lemthepimpmeard, 19 February 2016 - 04:27 PM.

Enforcer1975 #49 Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20646 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSolstad1069, on 19 February 2016 - 10:56 AM, said:

The only one that actually did hurt him was our O-1 also standing behind me.

Kind of frustrating situation, because i cant yolo the O-1 myself in an E25 and when i tried to relocate these 6-7 tanks wont move anywhere.

As the minutes pass the other flank collapse and you get boxed in.

So  this O-1 held half of my team pinned down for long enough for us to lose.

Yeah O-Is are tough to break bunkers in some situations. But others are right too there are too many players either hesitant, no knowledge or just don't care that you don't have to face off against it if it doesn't work out. There is always another possibilty even if it means running away ( when possible of course ) and this is the creativity i would say every 30k tomato lacks compared to very good players. I'm still too red sometimes so i'll be staying green for a while.

Of course you can outmaneuver a KV-2 or O-X in a flat tank but you have to hope that his pals aren't close enough to help him. This was from my potato days when i was still driving the StuG III G. Notice the sea of black ( now dark red ) and the roflstomp. The KV-2 driver must have been really annoyed and frustrated because i dodged his first shot. And yes that KV-1 really fired HE with the derp gun :facepalm:

Edited by Enforcer1975, 19 February 2016 - 05:23 PM.

Riff_Raff_ #50 Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16987 battles

View Postlemthepimpmeard, on 19 February 2016 - 03:26 PM, said:

Except I have the server stats on my side which show the tanks to be OP. Awk.

If the O-I is not OP, why do noobs overperform in them as borne out by the server stats?

It's a machine which dishes out the most damage of any tier 6HT and first on kills for tier 6HTs and bounces the most shots of any tier 6 HT - how can you not see the problem here?

lol you do love your stats don't you? try doing something instead of just quoting stats. in clan battles cromwells fight O-I all the time. guess what? cromwells can kick their arses!!! does that make the cromwell O.P.? Hmmm quick,look at your stats!

lemthepimpmeard #51 Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27248 battles

View PostRiff_Raff_, on 19 February 2016 - 05:02 PM, said:

lol you do love your stats don't you? try doing something instead of just quoting stats. in clan battles cromwells fight O-I all the time. guess what? cromwells can kick their arses!!! does that make the cromwell O.P.? Hmmm quick,look at your stats!

Yes it's called arguing with evidence rather than pulling scenarios out of my arse.

Why won't you answer the question anyway? Gishgalloping shows you can't back up a single word of what you post.

Riff_Raff_ #52 Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16987 battles
Arguing within evidence? Ive explained many times how easy it is to kill these tanks.I kill them in clan wars and in random often.that's your evidence.you just sit there looking at stats. People like you are killing the game.as I have said before if left to the likes of you we would be all on the same map in the same tank. Stats do not tell the whole story.they never do.If its so O.P. why is everyone not driving them? Find stats for that.

lemthepimpmeard #53 Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27248 battles

View PostRiff_Raff_, on 19 February 2016 - 05:40 PM, said:

Arguing within evidence? Ive explained many times how easy it is to kill these tanks.I kill them in clan wars and in random often.that's your evidence.you just sit there looking at stats. People like you are killing the game.as I have said before if left to the likes of you we would be all on the same map in the same tank. Stats do not tell the whole story.they never do.If its so O.P. why is everyone not driving them? Find stats for that.

No, you've said you can kill one with a Luchs which as I said you can only do in very rare circumstances and usually only against bad players.

You are incapable of giving a straight answer to a straight question, preferring to pull out tall tales about how you pwn them noobs, (which frankly looking at your tank winrates I find hugely improbable) then gishgallop off somewhere else.

Riff_Raff_ #54 Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:21 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16987 battles

View Postlemthepimpmeard, on 19 February 2016 - 05:46 PM, said:

No, you've said you can kill one with a Luchs which as I said you can only do in very rare circumstances and usually only against bad players.

You are incapable of giving a straight answer to a straight question, preferring to pull out tall tales about how you pwn them noobs, (which frankly looking at your tank winrates I find hugely improbable) then gishgallop off somewhere else.

no,wrong again sparky.i've stated quite clearly how most lights and meds can do this (the luch was an example). i have given nothing but straight answers,all you can do is tell me what the stats are.one thing,don't you think WG had a bunch of stats on the tanks before they introduced them to the game? interesting isn't it?
i've also stated that i'm not a very good player and therefore showing that you don't have to be that good to do this.i've also explained how the player creates the circumstances in which best to tackle these tanks.

i'm done with you now.i'm justing having to repeat myself over and over.
all those stats and you can't even get your facts right.

oh yes.......gishgallop? lol, i rest my case.

Baldrickk #55 Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29530 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
I'm interested in how you can stick to the side of any half decent O-I driver. It's pretty easy to scrape people off of the side of your tank - tank destroyers have to do this all the time when they end up in cqc.
The O-I has a 1200hp engine, it can literally push just about any tank it meets around with little effort.

How do you even get to their side in city streets with buildings either side?

I've done it myself, but it only really works well in fast tanks against idiots.

As for stronghold battles, so what if you can beat them with Cromwell?  Those players that have no tactic other than camping in heavies are not exactly the cream of the crop when it comes to the player base.

Edited by Baldrickk, 19 February 2016 - 10:46 PM.

Pandabird #56 Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:37 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF
Amused by the fact first page has more O-I rants than arty ones.

Godzirra thunda crush

OneFromOne #57 Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:06 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10417 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
As some say they ''easy'' kill OI line with there meds land lights rushing in front or sides etc etc Would like your video posted here how you do that easy with no shiit in city maps.Plus you talk just from your side of view,like i play most on heavys,how i should rush lets say on t5 OI EXP when it have one of best speeds on moving?You argue about possible or not but forget one thing what you can do with light once or twice it doesnt matter oh its so easy i dont bother about them.If your team sits and camps and you rush hunting OI alone or even plato with friend but OI has back up from TD or any other tank you fcked up and its 80% of time you fcked up.I made this thread about OI line not as possible or not killing it,its about they should reduce a bit of its OP in certain tier level because as was stated before OI and KV2,same gun but shiit even one on one with heavy you can stand on KV2 sometimes with skills,other times with luck but against OI 6-7 times you gona leave that house 1-2 shots and dead.I got almost 4k battles on heavys and sure its not 20k+ Pro,yeah my stats isnt brilliant but still im not a new dude who drives around and just let to be killed,have some experience and as you say OI is ''Easy'' target for you,from view of lights and meds,i can say from heavy view its to OP at these days for its Tier 5/6

LanguishViking #58 Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:30 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23153 battles
When I rush up to an OI and side hug it what usually kills me is the med on the OIs team who uses me as an easy kill since from his firing position I'm not moving. I might do "fire for effect" vs he OI but that still leaves the OI on a few hundred hit points. Yes, you can kill an OI but it is a near suicidal move unless the OI is completely alone. 

Enforcer1975 #59 Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20646 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRiff_Raff_, on 19 February 2016 - 06:40 PM, said:

I am starting to doubt you kill them regularly with the stats you have on said tanks...you're probably just lucky and killed "one shot" O-Is. I killed so many +2 heavy tier tanks with my puny tanks too you know...Also clan wars is another situation than public games. 

Edited by Enforcer1975, 20 February 2016 - 09:42 AM.

Enforcer1975 #60 Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20646 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostLanguishViking, on 20 February 2016 - 08:30 AM, said:

When I rush up to an OI and side hug it what usually kills me is the med on the OIs team who uses me as an easy kill since from his firing position I'm not moving. I might do "fire for effect" vs he OI but that still leaves the OI on a few hundred hit points. Yes, you can kill an OI but it is a near suicidal move unless the OI is completely alone. 

This. No need to add more. 

Also tagged with OI

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users