• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Baldrickk #81 Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29530 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 17 April 2016 - 09:04 PM, said:

You will find yourself banging your head on a brick wall here.  It is quite clear that the O-I is not a good tank, but those with limited experience of it will insist, contrary to all evidence, that it is overpowered,

No. What happened was:

• Claim was made
  • Claim proven wrong by facts
  • Claimant hides behind 'just an opinion' defense.  (Speaking of which, Clarissa, yes, the IS-3 has troll side armour, no, it is not impenetrable. Tier 6 meds can go through just fine as long as they shoot the flat bit and not the reverse sloped bit behind spaced armour. If you can't do that, problem is at your end)
  • You come in spouting the usual nonsense
  • I (regrettably) take the bait yet again, and ask, of it is such a bad tank, how despite having 3 tier 8 and one tier 7 game in mine so far, I've come out of two of those battles with 0 DMG done to me, been in the top 3 every time, and just now took on two tier 8 heavies and won, in a bad tier 6, stock heavy tank with 90% crew?

pitypanggg #82 Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35310 battles

I am at the O-I Exp right now, grinding it parallel with the cz (although I rarely play any more). Funny how although I do not like the O-I Exp, I have less wn8 in it even though I have double the damage done compared to the T5 cz.

Also funny how I found the main weakness of O-I Exp is how my team often leaves the flank I go on probably because I do not leave enough damage for them (I got this feeling in other tanks as well on flanks we had O-I Exp on too), and if enemy realises that I am left alone before me (do not have better engine yet :( ) I get swarmed. As such its biggest weakness is being too op :D

Baldrickk #83 Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29530 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostCaptainThunderWalker, on 17 April 2016 - 08:44 PM, said:

True. Even then I find the turret front of the KV2 much harder to penetrate than the sides of an O-I, 

Well the sides are big and flat (though you do need to aim near the top for best penetration as otherwise you hit the spaced armour + tracks that are incredibly thick. (40mm effective armour vs 25mm)

As for KV-2, it has a big mantlet, but a large flat space underneath it that is completely vertical. That's where to shoot it.

Works well in KV-2 vs KV-2 fights as the HE goes straight through.

TheR3dBaron #84 Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:29 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33921 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

I'm training a crew in the O-I exp. That thing is rather OP, when you drive it near hard cover, because of its longish reload, but O-I's and his friends don't really scare me, nor does it scare me to toss some gold shells at them.

When I see an O-I, I don't try to drive next to it, but rather make certain he doesn't have any friends left. It's the same thing as with a Maus. When you ignore its high dpm friends, but instead take low percentage shots at a heavily armoured vehicle you are doing it wrong. If you have nothing else to shoot at, and the derper is not looking at you, by all means, take some shots.

Desyatnik_Pansy #85 Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:32 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 15600 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostClarrissa_the_Third, on 16 April 2016 - 11:59 AM, said:

imo if O-I Is nerfed then so should IS-3 and IS-6 (and many other tanks), you struggle penning the rear end of IS-3 with jumbo with it at pretty much any angle, try on a hill, not going to work without gold

View PostClarrissa_the_Third, on 16 April 2016 - 10:33 PM, said:

its not going to pen without gold as I said, but that is not the subject of this topic

my point was that O-I has some major weaknesses, Jumbo *CAN* pen O-I's rear with premium ammo, it cannot IS-3, it can however pen most, if not all other T8's heavies from the rear with premium ammo (showing they are more inline with the tier spread, making flanking possible for low tiers to still do), IS-3 being the outcast here.

Ex-Jumbo player here, and I have to ask, what the hell are you on about? The only time a Jumbo should never be able to pen the rear of an IS-3 Is with HE from the 105mm, which has 53mm vs. the 60mm on the IS-3's rear. Yes, even the stock 75mm M3 can pen the rear of the IS-3 Most of the time, with standard Armour-Piercing ammunition.

Spoiler

The O-I Has almost 3 Times that armour (60mm vs. 150mm), yet to quote your exact words, "Jumbo *CAN* pen O-I's rear with premium ammo, it cannot IS-3". So the Jumbo can pen the rear of the O-I (150mm) with Gold, but cannot pen the rear of the IS-3 (60mm). I'm sorry, I don't quite get it.

Now, just as a bit of a closing point here, don't get me wrong and think I think the IS-3 (or the IS-6, which you mentioned) are balanced. I think they're pretty stupid. I can't speak for the IS-6, as I do not and shall never own one, but the IS-3 I often play without even really having to put way too much thought into what I'm actually doing.

Bulldog_Drummond #86 Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:32 PM

General

• Player
  • 28522 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBaldrickk, on 17 April 2016 - 09:04 PM, said:

• I (regrettably) take the bait yet again, and ask, of it is such a bad tank, how despite having 3 tier 8 and one tier 7 game in mine so far, I've come out of two of those battles with 0 DMG done to me, been in the top 3 every time, and just now took on two tier 8 heavies and won, in a bad tier 6, stock heavy tank with 90% crew?

Beginner's luck, I expect.

Baldrickk #87 Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29530 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 17 April 2016 - 10:32 PM, said:

Beginner's luck, I expect.

Yeah, with 20k battles, I totally have no clue what I'm doing.

And with the stock gun equal to ones you find on tier 7 heavy tanks, and more armour than on most tier 7 heavies, I'm thinking that there is less luck going on than you might think.

Edited by Baldrickk, 17 April 2016 - 10:51 PM.

Bulldog_Drummond #88 Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:13 PM

General

• Player
  • 28522 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBaldrickk, on 17 April 2016 - 09:50 PM, said:

Yeah, with 20k battles, I totally have no clue what I'm doing.

And with the stock gun equal to ones you find on tier 7 heavy tanks, and more armour than on most tier 7 heavies, I'm thinking that there is less luck going on than you might think.

You might think that, but I could not possibly comment.

_AceOfSpades_ #89 Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5670 battles

My god

That Riff Raff guy is right, these people that whine and complain about everything are the reason wargaming are ruining some tanks in this game, because the community whines so much about something is UP or OP that they nerf or buff it and then its waaaay UP or waaaay OP.

When will these whining kids learn?

And to make things worse, most of the time they whine about things that are completely fine, which is laughable.

OI exp is OP? are you kidding me? looool... the tank is a paper tank, you can pen it with everything, oh but wait, it has a good gun, and people are obsessed with a good gun, if a tank has a good gun it MUST BE OP, isu152 is surely OP, OP as hell, it has an insane gun!!! FREAKING JOKERS.

OI is not OP either, the tank is SLOW as a snail, turret turns like crap and the thing turns like a whale, and has a 20+ second reload time, its also huge as a skyscraper and has shitty camo and blind as a bat.

What a bounch of immature kids on these forums, whining about things that they can't comprehend.

Then this joker of a guy posts stats showing that OI has better stats... OF COURSE IT HAS BETTER STATS are you freaking kidding me? How many newbs are in this game? Majority of the people probably yes? Do newbs know how to deal with a tank that has good armor apart from using premium rounds? NO THEY DON'T.. heck, alot of ppl even dont shoot weakspots, they just shoot at the tank for the heck of it and dont pen, and then you wonder why a tank with heavy armor is outperforming other tanks? can you use your brain?

Then there is also the problem of maps being atm hugely favorable towards city brawls, meaning such tanks like OI, IS3 etc.. will feel stronger and better because of that.. if maps were more open and u would fight in the open would you still feel OI is soooo OP? Only a fool would.

But thats not the tank's problem, its the MAP problem, its been brought up 10000 times already, that maps have been ruined with these corridors and cities, and that there should be an equal balance so every tank type, light tanks, TDs, mediums, heavies, would all have alot of maps where they are best suited for.

Desyatnik_Pansy #90 Posted 18 April 2016 - 11:12 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 15600 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Post_AceOfSpades_, on 18 April 2016 - 10:19 PM, said:

You have a few wrong statements in that giant post of yours. Let me highlight them;

OI exp is OP? are you kidding me? looool... the tank is a paper tank, you can pen it with everything

O-I Exp. isn't exactly well-armoured, no, but it's not "paper". It's got the same raw thickness as the KV-1 frontally, 75mm on the front, and at the same time has 75mm on the rear and 70mm on the sides. How the hell is that "paper"? 

oh but wait, it has a good gun, and people are obsessed with a good gun, if a tank has a good gun it MUST BE OP, isu152 is surely OP, OP as hell, it has an insane gun!!! FREAKING JOKERS.

I'm quite confused why you compare the O-I Exp. and it's absurd gun at Tier V With the ISU-152. The ISU-152 Does have an absurd gun, don't get me wrong, but unlike the O-I Exp. it has a lot of downsides which I'd say compensate that. Do you want to know the main one? It's not got a bloody turret, nor does it have medium-tank mobility and among the best viewrange at its tier. A fairer tank comparison to the O-I Exp. is the old KV-1Sport, and guess what happened to that.

OI is not OP either, the tank is SLOW as a snail, turret turns like crap and the thing turns like a whale, and has a 20+ second reload time, its also huge as a skyscraper and has shitty camo and blind as a bat.

The O-I Is "blind as a bat".

It has, apart from the D.Max and Tier VI Lights (which, for all intensive purposes, are Tier VIIs anyway), the best viewrange at Tier VI, 370m, shared across a lot of tanks. That's hardly "blind". You want blind? Look at the KV-2, with 330m. Now that, that's blind.

Then this joker of a guy posts stats showing that OI has better stats... OF COURSE IT HAS BETTER STATS are you freaking kidding me? How many newbs are in this game? Majority of the people probably yes? Do newbs know how to deal with a tank that has good armor apart from using premium rounds? NO THEY DON'T.. heck, alot of ppl even dont shoot weakspots, they just shoot at the tank for the heck of it and dont pen, and then you wonder why a tank with heavy armor is outperforming other tanks? can you use your brain?

Are you referring to these things?

For one, those spots are completely invisible on the actual visual model, so of course most players in-game who don't even have a clue that the forum exists wouldn't know about those. I'm sorry, I'm going to shoot Gold through the front of that thing rather than try to hit those minuscule spots in most engagements, which is pretty upsetting. But do you want to know something cool? Firing Gold doesn't suddenly make the O-I Balanced.

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 19 April 2016 - 02:03 AM.

Nickthedevil #91 Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:46 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22232 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Don't worry O-i exp and O-i are getting some serious nerfs next patch:

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/46/version-915-super-test/

:popcorn:

Edited by Nickthedevil, 21 April 2016 - 05:48 PM.

Baldrickk #92 Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29530 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostNickthedevil, on 21 April 2016 - 05:46 PM, said:

Don't worry O-i exp and O-i are getting some serious nerfs next patch:

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/46/version-915-super-test/

:popcorn:

Block Quote

Japanese tanks

In the Japanese tech tree there is an evident bias regarding vehicle popularity. The vast majority of players focus on the medium Tiers, from V to VI. Also, these tanks are significantly distinguished by their combat effectiveness against their peers from other branches. To resolve this situation, it was decided to make changes to their technical characteristics, in order to balance the combat capabilities of heavy tanks at Tier VI. At the same time, the Tier III and IV tanks cede a bit in terms of their statistics, so changes to their technical characteristics were made to improve their firing power.

Wow. This is quicker than I expected.

TheR3dBaron #93 Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:31 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33921 battles
  • [REMY] REMY
Guess I will have to grind the O-I before the patch then. I was adviced to train crew in the OP tier 5 first.

Baldrickk #94 Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29530 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostTheR3dBaron, on 21 April 2016 - 07:31 PM, said:

Guess I will have to grind the O-I before the patch then. I was adviced to train crew in the OP tier 5 first.

I'm going to have to get mine fully upgraded before the patch so I can smack Bulldog silly with it.

samuelx43a #95 Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21421 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
i call them tofu tanks :P( it's not racist. it sounds hilarious)

pitypanggg #96 Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35310 battles

View PostBaldrickk, on 21 April 2016 - 07:45 PM, said:

I'm going to have to get mine fully upgraded before the patch so I can smack Bulldog silly with it.

Someone probably already have done that. Try to reverse the effect instead.

dennez #97 Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:26 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16834 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

My god

That Riff Raff guy is right, these people that whine and complain about everything are the reason wargaming are ruining some tanks in this game, because the community whines so much about something is UP or OP that they nerf or buff it and then its waaaay UP or waaaay OP.

And to make things worse, most of the time they whine about things that are completely fine, which is laughable.

OI exp is OP? are you kidding me? looool... the tank is a paper tank, you can pen it with everything, oh but wait, it has a good gun, and people are obsessed with a good gun, if a tank has a good gun it MUST BE OP, isu152 is surely OP, OP as hell, it has an insane gun!!! FREAKING JOKERS.

What a bounch of immature kids on these forums, whining about things that they can't comprehend.

Then there is also the problem of maps being atm hugely favorable towards city brawls, meaning such tanks like OI, IS3 etc.. will feel stronger and better because of that.. if maps were more open and u would fight in the open would you still feel OI is soooo OP? Only a fool would.

But thats not the tank's problem, its the MAP problem, its been brought up 10000 times already, that maps have been ruined with these corridors and cities, and that there should be an equal balance so every tank type, light tanks, TDs, mediums, heavies, would all have alot of maps where they are best suited for.

Serious and clueless.. 

Velvet_Underground #98 Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:30 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 22243 battles

My god

Are you serious?:teethhappy:

KolobanovUSSR #99 Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1012 battles

My god

You bloody idiot. Gun is EVERYTHING in Tier 5.

Also tagged with OI

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users