Lybia War

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

Bobbydancer #61 Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 42737 battles
  • [GGG] GGG
Positive action and so on... godam for a person..

manti111 #62 Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 25769 battles
  • [CIRC2] CIRC2
Oil feeds the warmachine in more ways than one.

For those who did not get it:
Spoiler                     

Djurdja #63 Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7599 battles
This is T-55 obviously, perfect tank. Not desinged to fight vs 21st century war machines but in good hands it can make serious damage and pair to 21st century war machines.
Produced in huge numbers, fought on many fronts, cheap and easy to maintain. Simply the best...

Bobbydancer #64 Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 42737 battles
  • [GGG] GGG

View PostDjurdja, on 07 September 2011 - 07:28 PM, said:

This is T-55 obviously, perfect tank. Not desinged to fight vs 21st century war machines but in good hands it can make serious damage and pair to 21st century war machines.
Produced in huge numbers, fought on many fronts, cheap and easy to maintain. Simply the best...
So are also molotow coctails! Sry if i spelled it wrong!

Djurdja #65 Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7599 battles

View PostBobbydancer, on 07 September 2011 - 07:51 PM, said:

So are also molotow coctails! Sry if i spelled it wrong!

AMEN!!!

Djurdja #66 Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7599 battles
Fact, NATO vs YUGOSLAVIA.

78 days of bombing, more than 2300 airstrikes, aproximetly 3500 dead (mostly civilians) 17000 injured.

Minor damage to war technique which was outdated anyway, huge damage to economy.

T-55's were operating on Kosovo focused on fight with Terorists during operation merciful angel (NATO campaign), while M-84's( YU version of T-72 ) were stationed around country in case of NATO ground invasion.
T-55's suffered no damage, one had minor damage, while APC was destroyed (in this unit).
Today T-55's are rotting on Serbian tank graveyard, if not melted.

We lived good in Yugoslavia, and hopefully never again war on Balkan.
This game is about tanks, and i wanted to say how much i love this tank T-55, and russian design tanks generaly.Comparing tanks is ungratefull.

I sympathize with people of Libya, and feel sorry for all those innocent lives lost.

Bobbydancer #67 Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 42737 battles
  • [GGG] GGG

View PostDjurdja, on 07 September 2011 - 08:18 PM, said:

Fact, NATO vs YUGOSLAVIA.

78 days of bombing, more than 2300 airstrikes, aproximetly 3500 dead (mostly civilians) 17000 injured.

Minor damage to war technique which was outdated anyway, huge damage to economy.

T-55's were operating on Kosovo focused on fight with Terorists during operation merciful angel (NATO campaign), while M-84's( YU version of T-72 ) were stationed around country in case of NATO ground invasion.
T-55's suffered no damage, one had minor damage, while APC was destroyed (in this unit).
Today T-55's are rotting on Serbian tank graveyard, if not melted.

We lived good in Yugoslavia, and hopefully never again war on Balkan.
This game is about tanks, and i wanted to say how much i love this tank T-55, and russian design tanks generaly.Comparing tanks is ungratefull.

I sympathize with people of Libya, and feel sorry for all those innocent lives lost.

So u mean NATO are terrorists? Well in NATO u are free to have that oppinion..

Djurdja #68 Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7599 battles
Nope, not NATO, Albanian terorists suported by NATO. I guess you are too young and uninformed.

HubertGruber #69 Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:09 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 25765 battles
Its not just oil, Gaddafi was strong African leader and he could unite African countries. United Africa is a problem for western countries because they couldnt exploit it easily anymore.
Furthermore, in Egypt revolution didnt need NATO action to succeed while in Lybia case its pretty clear that rebels wouldnt take down Gaddafi on their own. That means that there was still significant support for a dictator from libyan  people and that western agencies (french, british, USA most notably) did play a role in uprising and later in arming rebels.
Another curiosity is that fighter planes that participated in NATO operation are the same models India is considering to purchase in near future ( a lot of money is in question here...).

Mikicat #70 Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3408 battles

View PostcDa, on 06 September 2011 - 04:36 PM, said:

Yup t55 in terrorist hands..
I usually don't make special remarks, but terrorists? The Lybian Rebels?

A group of people this large, and under similar circumstances... I can't recall any actually being called terrorists. I guess you could say that about some of the events involving African warlords gone Mental, but I'm pretty sure calling the Lybian rebels terrorists is a bit of a stretch. And for the political correctness enforced on this forum most of the time, is seems like an odd statement to make.

ralla56 #71 Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:29 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 8040 battles
  • [VAPIN] VAPIN

View PostMikicat, on 07 September 2011 - 09:27 PM, said:

A group of people this large, and under similar circumstances... I can't recall any actually being called terrorists. I guess you could say that about some of the events involving African warlords gone Mental, but I'm pretty sure calling the Lybian rebels terrorists is a bit of a stretch. And for the political correctness enforced on this forum most of the time, is seems like an odd statement to make.

Not to mention that the one who said it is a super moderator....

Wolfesblut #72 Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 17283 battles
  • [READ] READ

View PostHubertGruber, on 07 September 2011 - 09:09 PM, said:

Another curiosity is that fighter planes that participated in NATO operation are the same models India is considering to purchase in near future ( a lot of money is in question here...).
That's news for me, afaik they are raving about the new and upgraded Suchois.

Bobbydancer #73 Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 42737 battles
  • [GGG] GGG

View PostDjurdja, on 07 September 2011 - 09:05 PM, said:

Nope, not NATO, Albanian terorists suported by NATO. I guess you are too young and uninformed.

I'm certainly not young just not well informed about that war. I had my Cavallery training back in the 80's soo i guess i'm old enough and also know abit about tanks. But still even i'm not that well informed i doubt everybody in youre country felt it was ok to live there before the war. Even u did.

And i like t54/55 myself. But its not a great tank in real life and certainly not now anymore. But it comes in great numbers wich is a big advantage if there where no airplanes and choppers and foot troopers with antitank guns or Molotov's.

Pardon my bad english.

Bobbydancer #74 Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 42737 battles
  • [GGG] GGG

View PostMikicat, on 07 September 2011 - 09:27 PM, said:

Probably also breaking some of the forum rules!

ColdHeat #75 Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6126 battles

View PostDjurdja, on 07 September 2011 - 09:05 PM, said:

Can't blame him. The balkan is such a story of its own, everyone not from this region does really hard to follow the whereabouts of all those wars.

View PostHubertGruber, on 07 September 2011 - 09:09 PM, said:

Its not just oil, Gaddafi was strong African leader and he could unite African countries. United Africa is a problem for western countries because they couldnt exploit it easily anymore.
Furthermore, in Egypt revolution didnt need NATO action to succeed while in Lybia case its pretty clear that rebels wouldnt take down Gaddafi on their own. That means that there was still significant support for a dictator from libyan  people and that western agencies (french, british, USA most notably) did play a role in uprising and later in arming rebels.

I'm not so sure about it. First of all i see no real potential of someone like gaddafi to unite africa. He had his time but was way to busy to nail his female bodyguards or proclaim that the swiss should be divided.

Moreover at the beginning, everything looked pretty well for the rebels. The nato only began to finally bomb after gaddafis troops began to regain ground. Its still possible that the rebels could have made it without the NATO just as much as its possible that gaddafis troups might have been victorious but the NATO operation defintely shortened the war and possibly saved a lot of lifes if you want to see it like that. Moreover you can hardly speak about a significant support for the dictator from libyan peoples. I bet he had his followers but the insurgents fought the libyan army and mercenaries, not the libyan people. Both got payed for their duties so its no wonder, that the insurgents had a hard time. The mere fact that they won against these professional and well armed troops give an idea about the strength and numbers of the rebels.

Panzer3Destroyer #76 Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15868 battles

View PostcDa, on 06 September 2011 - 06:52 PM, said:

My grand uncle worked in Lybia(pensioned about 5 yrs ago), this is how he explains life there: no households pay bills(water,power,heating), petrol is very cheap, about 10l for price of chocolate bar, health and education is free, students that wish to study abroad get payed studies, 2400 eur a month(like a salary),payed food,car,appartment. newlywed couple gets an appartment...

Now if that is called dictatorship.. screw democracy.. i want a "dictator"

Yup i heard that too from many people and news but what drops to my mind is why the hell that nation started civil war at first place i mean i understand and we all who are no afected by west media know that its just that france and USA wants oil i can be seen from space but to use thier own people against them is wierd like they are mind polluted with something.Also i belive that maybe you and i shared a same scenario (not that wild as libya) in former yugoslavia when nato bombaraded us because we were defending Kosovo agains albanian terorists and extremists but again even if we repeled all and won in reality .... MEDIA will twist everything in thier favor just to make masses belive desinformation and accept it as a justise ,and again they are doing the same in libya and telling people in the west europe that terorists are freedom fighers but if freedom fighers do crime,mass raping,stealing,and killing prisoners than we must defend from this FREEDOM!

Bobbydancer #77 Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 42737 battles
  • [GGG] GGG

View PostArtyomSTALKER, on 08 September 2011 - 06:49 AM, said:

Yup i heard that too from many people and news but what drops to my mind is why the hell that nation started civil war at first place i mean i understand and we all who are no afected by west media know that its just that france and USA wants oil i can be seen from space but to use thier own people against them is wierd like they are mind polluted with something.Also i belive that maybe you and i shared a same scenario (not that wild as libya) in former yugoslavia when nato bombaraded us because we were defending Kosovo agains albanian terorists and extremists but again even if we repeled all and won in reality .... MEDIA will twist everything in thier favor just to make masses belive desinformation and accept it as a justise ,and again they are doing the same in libya and telling people in the west europe that terorists are freedom fighers but if freedom fighers do crime,mass raping,stealing,and killing prisoners than we must defend from this FREEDOM!

U are allowed to have you're opinion, if they are not breaking any forum rules. No mather what extreme or biased it is. A super mod on a forum like this should now better. Or atleast should try to live by his own forum rules.

BigBadVuk #78 Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:49 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 3016 battles
THis topic has slided too much in geopolitical discussion .
THis forum is NOT place for that kind of things.
CLOSED

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users