Proof WG automated banning system is a lie

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

TheDrownedApe #1 Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 47577 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

WG automated T-22 rigging ban system is a complete lie.

Rolfwar posted a thread where he caught at least 9 players rigging the T-22 missions:

http://forum.worldof...rigging-part-2/

WG answer was that they have an automated system inplace blah blah.

After he posted this thread he shared, in a PM, the names of the players that he deemed were acting suspiciously. I decided to follow the progress of these 9 players and when I checked a week later FOUR of them had the T-22 in their garage and had a number of games played in it.

On the 23 Feb I submitted a ticket to WG identifying ONLY TWO of these players and stating that they had continued to rig and now had the T-22 in their garage. They claimed, as they have numerous times, that they have an automated system in place and all those that receive the T-22 through rigging will be identified and punished.

2 days later the two names I provided were showing as banned on the website YET THE TWO NAMES I WITHELD WERE NOT BANNED. I took a snap shot of their accounts on the 24 Feb:

and another today Feb 26:

and these two players are not banned and have continued to play the T-22 after the latest ban wave.

So peeps proof that WG have been lying to us. They may now come out and say that they are still looking into these players but they have had the tank in their garage and they were initially reported 10 days ago.

Edited by brownape, 26 February 2016 - 03:37 PM.

Schemezoid #2 Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:13 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22086 battles

WG doesnt care.

People that are getting the T22 are also paying customers. So why hurt your own wallet...

SirTogII #3 Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 49595 battles
  • [REQT] REQT

View PostSchemezoid, on 26 February 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

WG doesnt care.

People that are getting the T22 are also paying customers. So why hurt your own wallet...

If they lose 10 paying customers because they keep one cheater/rigger...which do you think is the most business savvy decision?

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #4 Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 0 battles

Cheats and hacks have been very good for GTA Online.

80% of the players quit playing Online 

SanyaJuutilainen #5 Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20820 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View Postbrownape, on 26 February 2016 - 01:12 PM, said:

Rolfwar posted a thread where he caught at least 9 players rigging the T-22 missions:

http://forum.worldof...rigging-part-2/

WG answer was that they have an automated system inplace blah blah.

I think you are confusing two things:

WG having an automated system, which is true.

WG having a perfect automated system, which is not true, but they never claimed it to be perfect.

Let's be honest here - can a human outwit (even unknowingly) an automated system that was placed somewhere to prevent tens of possible generic outcomes. Yes. Can you afford the tech support to handle hundreds of reports a day? No.

Your proposed solution, then, is?

HundeWurst #6 Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:00 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 73566 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

isnt that obvious that either their "automated system" is crap since we know how good they are with these things after we wittnessed the UC situation.

the only way a "automated system" would be the following:

1. Step: Everyone who activates a single mission out of a set of missions will have a certain amount of replays stored serversided when they finish a mission
  2. Step: The game finishing the final mission will be stored serversided AND 2 or 3 randomly selected missions will also be stored when finished in a battle.
  3. Step: Add a whole lot of indicators whether someone is rigging or not: To name a few: Low battlecount in rampage mode, times when the Rampage mode is played, exessive numbers such as high blocked damage, damage output and such, if multiple games are played with the exact same people... whatever comes to mind... also things based on statistics: ~50% winrate player got the tank... and so on.
  4. One of the many criteria is "positive" a guy from CS now is going to watch the final mission replay and then (if needed) the others.
  5. Someone is getting "help": BAN him. the repalys show nothing, let him keep it. The guys who "helped" now also can be flagged and the second they claim their t22 they also get punished.

that would prevent any rigging. and it would be fair as there are replays as well as some human interaction.

Schemezoid #7 Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:00 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22086 battles

View Postplan9_JoseyWales, on 26 February 2016 - 12:47 PM, said:

If they lose 10 paying customers because they keep one cheater/rigger...which do you think is the most business savvy decision?

Is anyone leaving because of it? Would be the first i heard of it.

Story time!

Couple of weeks ago, i was playing my Cromwell in the morning.

Because of the low number of people online you were basicly playing against the same people every few games.

So there was this OI-platoon, but using the topgun and ready to club some seals!

Or so you'd think.

The first game i encountered, we were top tier.

We roflstomped, they both sticked together thus being virtually unstoppable, more so because the other team had a churchill as top tier. Weeeee...

Couple of games later, we encounter again, this time, we are bottom tier.

They dont move, not a meter, never turned their turrets, nothing.

We lost, by a small margin, enemy team had 2 low hp meds left. So if they would have played instead of afked, we prolly would have won.

No worries there, next games!

But! after a few games, we meet again, and again, bottom tier.

Again they dont move, dont interact, nothing.

Another played in my team who was also there in the game mentioned above remembers them and starts asking people to report them.

So we do.

And we lose, again its close. 1 HT and 1 MT alive on their team.

Here i decide ive had enough and report them with a ticket.

I provide screenies of them in their beginning positions, screenies of their spotting/dam, basicly zero.

Also throw in the 2 replays to be sure.

I decide to game on. The first game i enter, again, the OI platoon.

We are middle tier.

They dont move. Same Modus Operandi as before. No damage, no spotting, nothing.

Again we lose!

So screenies and replays added aswell in the ticket ive made.

Couple of games later, we meet again, top tier.

They roflstomp. We win.

Added this to the ticket aswell.

So here we have, 2 players in a platoon playing their OP tanks when they feel like. AKA top tier! Not even mid tier, only top tier.

Causing losses on a frequent basis, thus breaking the game experience for others you'd think?

As a response to the ticket ive gotten this automated answer "The ingame reporting system is in place".

ive kept a watch on those players aswell. They went on for the whole day.

And the day after. The week after? They still roflstomping when top tier.

Not a single ban was given to them.

How many people got fed up and reported them? My guess? Alot....

Did it work? no

Does WG care? no

Tl:dr: Wg doesnt care

Slyspy #8 Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14464 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
The first ban wave almost certainly didn't catch all the rigging players either. Rule enforcement stronk!

Dr_LoVe69_makesWoTgreat #9 Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:21 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Commander
  • 55635 battles
  • [KR4WL] KR4WL

View Postbrownape, on 26 February 2016 - 01:12 PM, said:

Did you actually even for one moment believed it is not? 

SirTogII #10 Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 49595 battles
  • [REQT] REQT

View PostSchemezoid, on 26 February 2016 - 01:00 PM, said:

Is anyone leaving because of it? Would be the first i heard of it...,

First of all you don't hear about players quitting since they're no longer there to tell you about it. 

Secondly it doesn't happen overnight. Having started out my online gaming with Counter Strike I know how a game dies. With all the cheats in 1.3 and 1.6 we ended up hosting a zero tolerance server, manually checking in game screenshots, having all the automated systems available and asking ppl that were too skilled or bots just to leave if it ruined the experience for the majority. Even built an automated system to even out the teams from match to match. For a while it works but in the long run you get tired and quit. 

WG can save WoT I believe but rigging and the cheat mods will have to be dealt with, as well as the general gaming issues (arty, ammo, maps etc). And the responsibility will have to be taken seriously since the community can't just fire up their own servers and self police. 

Edited by plan9_JoseyWales, 26 February 2016 - 02:27 PM.

TheDrownedApe #11 Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:29 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 47577 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostSanyaJuutilainen, on 26 February 2016 - 12:57 PM, said:

I think you are confusing two things:

WG having an automated system, which is true.

WG having a perfect automated system, which is not true, but they never claimed it to be perfect.

Let's be honest here - can a human outwit (even unknowingly) an automated system that was placed somewhere to prevent tens of possible generic outcomes. Yes. Can you afford the tech support to handle hundreds of reports a day? No.

Your proposed solution, then, is?

Wow you defending them?

Now read it again..properly. These players that are playing the tank HAVE ALREADY BEEN REPORTED by Rolfwar on 16th Feb. Therefore WG are aware they are rigging the missions but can't be bothered.

So why haven't they been banned if they have been reported and shown a replay of them rigging?

TheDrownedApe #12 Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:30 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 47577 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View Postedger2020, on 26 February 2016 - 01:21 PM, said:

Did you actually even for one moment believed it is not? 

No, but believing it and proving it are two different things

Schemezoid #13 Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:57 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22086 battles

View Postplan9_JoseyWales, on 26 February 2016 - 01:26 PM, said:

First of all you don't hear about players quitting since they're no longer there to tell you about it. 

Secondly it doesn't happen overnight. Having started out my online gaming with Counter Strike I know how a game dies. With all the cheats in 1.3 and 1.6 we ended up hosting a zero tolerance server, manually checking in game screenshots, having all the automated systems available and asking ppl that were too skilled or bots just to leave if it ruined the experience for the majority. Even built an automated system to even out the teams from match to match. For a while it works but in the long run you get tired and quit. 

WG can save WoT I believe but rigging and the cheat mods will have to be dealt with, as well as the general gaming issues (arty, ammo, maps etc). And the responsibility will have to be taken seriously since the community can't just fire up their own servers and self police. 

No, but talk about the declining community has been going around alot. But numbers provide us with nothing that provides definitive proof.

That being said. Do i think the game is in a good state? No

I know this game wont live as long it could have, but nothing we say or do has any bearing on the WG. Just look at the issues, arty, prem ammo, unbalanced tanks, shitty maps, MM, etc, etc.

And we do we get the next update? Psyhics and new sounds!

Also, you cant really compare the rewards that cheats bring into wot with the rewards using cheats in cs.

What use are a aimbot, wallhack, ammo counter, etc when your team is still crap? The gains would be minimal i guess.

Unless for arty ofc, [edited]arty!

_b_ #14 Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56141 battles

All I know is that some of the ppl I've played with over the years, who's now either playing something else ... or at least not playing wot ... were good and proper "whales"

They had no issues what so ever with spending some real life $$$ on wot ... but  without getting into to much details .. major reason can be summed up as "WG.EU don't care, never have and never will so Duck them...duck them very much!" ...and they and their money rode into the sunset never to be seen again ... or something ...and pity 'cause they were fun to hang around with :(

zerosumgame #15 Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50163 battles
  • [BIGD] BIGD
I thought the automatic system preventing people rigging T-22 is other players reporting all T-22 players they encounter, was I wrong all the time?

TheDrownedApe #16 Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 47577 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View Postzerosumgame, on 26 February 2016 - 02:38 PM, said:

I thought the automatic system preventing people rigging T-22 is other players reporting all T-22 players they encounter, was I wrong all the time?

Well the original report submitted by rolfwar resulted in ZERO bans even after they riggers unlocked the tanks.

ExclamationMark #17 Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:46 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD
You're actually surprised? :amazed:

repapa #18 Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3756 battles
They should nerf the T-22. Only way so solve this fuk. Like halving his top speed, that would do.

Cobra6 #19 Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16474 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

If they were banned after you sent a ticket to support I ask you: What automated system?

As there doesn't seem to be one.

Cobra 6

tajj7 #20 Posted 26 February 2016 - 04:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27258 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I do not understand how any automatic system could have worked, you can surely only see rigging by actually watching replays.

You can't do it from match results screens, nor from assessing player ability, even a poor player can fluke a good result and thus complete a hard mission.

So I don't get it, surely like most stuff in game you can only do it be reviewing replays. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users