Your chance to get into World of Warplanes Alpha!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
204 replies to this topic

Throki #21 Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2744 battles
  • [GSPB] GSPB

View Postminirhyder, on 08 September 2011 - 08:58 PM, said:

Sent my Questionnaire.

"... use them for a few days ..."  ;)

Cpt_Kawa #22 Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30038 battles
- Started overwolf, started game, started battle - game crash^^

- 2nd try - in battle opened some windows via overwolf, couldn't get rid of them - had to switch to the desktop.

- Activated video function via keybind and can't get the drop down thingy ingame to drop down.

- No clock with local time and WoT-Time available.

- I am forced to use the build in browser.

- The available positions for the FPS-Display aren't very smart chosen as they are only possible in each corner, which will most likely cover some displayed information by the game.  

- Mouse-over doesn't work ingame reliably or does it even work idk?

- No fullscreen video caption

Hm, some questions:

- Why would you need FB, Twitter and so on ingame

- Why is the first thing I see "Add funds" and why would you need that ingame. I know you want us to pay, but has it to jump right in ones face whenever I see something WoT related?

- Why is there Skype, FB and Twitter and NOT a Teamspeak-App integrated like TS-Notifier, which actually would be useful.

- What is the advantage over a very good working tool like x-fire.

- How is the video-compression rate - how many mges for a full battle capture in full screen and like 1900x1200 (if it is available at some point)?

In conclusion from my POV a tool with a lot of useless stuff, with probably a lot of security issues (idk know that, but as a stupid customer I assume it e.g. the built-in browser) and things which would be useful like a TS/Vent-App and Clock aren't integrated. And ffs the first thing I read is "Add funds" - got me kind of mad.

Result for me: uninstall.

Edit: So - How to uninstall it? No uninstaller. Revo can't find one. WTF?

Edit 2: Found it^^

Edit 3: I don't want to be a tester. :)

Cann0nball #23 Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 20137 battles
  • [NLD] NLD
I've just installed Overwolf, but when I start it up, I get an error message and it gets stuck on the loading screen...

Shuggeh #24 Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:20 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 5745 battles
  • [DERP] DERP
So when does the World of Warplanes Alpha begin?

mystikro #25 Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32014 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I was a tester at Electronic Arts and senior-tester Gameloft for a long time. The employed kind and I can prove it (either with copies of working papers, even with my name in the QA Credits of the projects I have worked on). One thing I do know how to do properly is testing. I tend to be thorough and persistent.
But I rather skip these tests and just tell you that I wish to participate. I don't use Xfire nor similar tools, because I think these are boring useless tools to me. If you think I can be of some help with this new game, you let me know, I will help in my spare time. If not, good luck to those who will be selected.

mystikro

KDoNaLD #26 Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 20701 battles
  • [N4U] N4U
App go to trash.

Uterujem_Dobro #27 Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12065 battles
  • [FLOYD] FLOYD
Guys, i must tell you, your way of picking alpha testers for aviation "fps-rpg-simulation-whatever" is pretty stupid. I mean come on someone needs to test planes and you tell them to test xfire and what not??? SERIOUSLY???

You don't even ask them did they ever played ANYTHING similar?

I wish to be alpha or beta tester, hell yeah. I played Jane's flying squadron, battle over europe, IL-2, even most arcade plane game ever- Crimson Skies. But I ain't gonna do this.

Paltala #28 Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7521 battles
Installed it, nice clean and easy setup, easy to use and more.
Email sent

Shuggeh #29 Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:43 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 5745 battles
  • [DERP] DERP

View PostUterujem_Dobro, on 08 September 2011 - 09:26 PM, said:

Guys, i must tell you, your way of picking alpha testers for aviation "fps-rpg-simulation-whatever" is pretty stupid. I mean come on someone needs to test planes and you tell them to test xfire and what not??? SERIOUSLY???

You don't even ask them did they ever played ANYTHING similar?

I wish to be alpha or beta tester, hell yeah. I played Jane's flying squadron, battle over europe, IL-2, even most arcade plane game ever- Crimson Skies. But I ain't gonna do this.

So correct me if I am wrong, but you think that it's silly for them to test your ability to test a simple product and write a report before you do the same for their game? How naive can you possibly be?

Why would it matter if you have played other flying games before? Games companies don't only look for people with the most experience in the specific genre of game they are producing, often they look for players who have never played a game like it before because they will have a completely different perspective to someone that has spent a lot of time with similar games.

You need to remember the idea is to TEST the game, not to play it well.

KarsonNow #30 Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 9816 battles
  • [LOBO] LOBO
I used X-Fire since many years, its a good Gamer  Platform, but i don't use it any more because it was to much stuff for me at once...like MSN, ICQ, Windows Live, Skype, FB, X-Fire, Steam, TS etc... and now Overflow..sorry Overwolf. ;)
I don't want to have to use (be forced?) third party devs software to play any game...only if i want to use it.

Koffee #31 Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:54 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 947 battles
i'll look into overwolf tomorrow, quick look i'm impressed by video capture going to be fun to test tomorrow!

MadInAShed #32 Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 20692 battles
  • [TYTI] TYTI

View Postxpnotoc, on 08 September 2011 - 08:33 PM, said:

Not a bad decision. Especially since after downloading Overwolf, WoT doesn't even launch!.. Maybe the problem is that I run the 0.67 test.. Still. Whenever I try to sign in to the client I exit to desktop and a webpage opens up in russian sending me to the download client page..

UNINSTALL. thanks.

EDIT: I uninstalled Overwolf but the client still won't allow me to sign in. It loads fine until the sign in screen but then exits to firefox.. wtf...? WoT worked perfectly until today when I downloaded and installed Overwolf...

They have updated the server to patch 6.7 test 2 , check the news on the forums to get the new patch

JALLAAAAAA #33 Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 35020 battles
  • [DRAMA] DRAMA
Well some way to read ingame chat back would be awesome. At the start i am in the 30seconds countdown sometimes browsing around. Sometimes i join back and i see a line of text just dissappear. Also ctrl+enter is for me a strange combination to send a msg to all. I have it a lot i type something, forget the ctrl and i will turn up typing the same thing again :) An ingame recorder with playback would be aweseome too: folder in which the demo will be, with tank-map-date-time which you can request ingame to rewatch it. This way you can learn from mistakes you've done and find solutions for them. For other games i used own3d.tv a lot to watch games and livestreams (such as ESL-series). So making an ingame TV where you can watch how good players play live and have together with an bunch of friends and enjoy watching the game would be awesome. Since people who play with other players one or more games they most likely use a non-game-voice communication. Since if you close the game you can still talk with each other. Tho i would like an ingame-voicechat i can use where i can talk with all users, in warmup also maybe vs the enemy to make them fear our tanks! Same goes for chatting ofcourse. And afaik Xfire has those features at the moment. The reason i don't use it since some years is due the ingame lag the programm causes. While playing FPS it's quite annoying. I guess it was mainly due scanning the servers. And ofcourse i had a worse pc at that time and there are no server scanners for world of tanks since you only can join a random battle. I hope i could help a bit here!:) GL!

Xarper #34 Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:16 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14424 battles

View PostKarsonNow, on 08 September 2011 - 10:34 PM, said:

I used X-Fire since many years, its a good Gamer  Platform, but i don't use it any more because it was to much stuff for me at once...like MSN, ICQ, Windows Live, Skype, FB, X-Fire, Steam, TS etc... and now Overflow..sorry Overwolf. ;)
I don't want to have to use (be forced?) third party devs software to play any game...only if i want to use it.
Then you are not fit to be an alpha tester for World of Warplanes.   /sarcasm

Seriously, the future of that game is already grim.

airbornefilip #35 Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:24 PM

Official Kamikaze

• Beta Tester
  • 25857 battles
  • [YATTA] YATTA
Since I use XFire 2 years for now I don't think that I need to spend some more time to write about it.
About Overwolf. I tried it. His every feature. It's good for unknown program. Only problem is that you need to start WoT and then start Overwolf. I spent few hours with it and  think it's enough to write about it good enough.
I would really like to be alpha tester of WoWp.

TheStigMKD #36 Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10731 battles
If you are not contributing to improving the software then don't post here. If you don't like the process then don't apply.

It's a free world.

Xarper #37 Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:43 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14424 battles

View PostTheStigMKD, on 08 September 2011 - 11:25 PM, said:

If you are not contributing to improving the software then don't post here. If you don't like the process then don't apply.

It's a free world.
I don't apply. I thought this was clear. Also, because it's a free world I expressed my dislike, problem ?

mystikro #38 Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32014 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I didn't apply either. No mail sent. I did say what I can do for WOWP, here on the forum, based on my real life experience as senior QA tester. If they want, fine, if not, fine again. I don't get the person who minused me, tho, how small must his penis be that he's feeling the frustration so bad?  <_<

popuptoaster #39 Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:02 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17880 battles
  • [R_T_R] R_T_R
I did fancy playing WoWP as a tester, I'm not going to be installing two extra bits of software on my PC for the pleasure though, I can already talk to my mates through Teamspeak and don't want any more "functionality" than that.
Just wanted to add my opinion so its clear that many people will not want the extra software on their PCs, Inhope it does not become compulsory for the full game.

Cpt_Kawa #40 Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30038 battles
Actually its pretty funny: WG says

1. Download and test the new tool (nobody needs) then you are allowed to
2. download and alpha-test the new game and do our work, (which we get paid for, but we have other stuff to do, you know)and after that you are allowed to
3. download and pay for the beta-test of the new game.

And maybe we are trying to get the game out of the beta state, but you know what because actually everything is working as intended, we just get a new game running.

4. new game coming - repeat with a smile and won't you ever complain and don't forget to Add Funds. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users