Your chance to get into World of Warplanes Alpha!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
204 replies to this topic

yellow86 #41 Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:47 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12596 battles
What kind of a price do we can get? :Smile-bajan2:

Geneslicer #42 Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:48 AM

Private

• Player
  • 26495 battles
  • [BAOR] BAOR
love the wot social hub ... have used it since it got posted and had no issues with it .... will defo keep using and its awesome for listening to my youtube music ingame ... will post more if any issues should arise .... keep bringing the cool widgets out guys :)

BIG thumbs up from me

DKWK #43 Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:55 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 5026 battles
  • [-DED-] -DED-
Well I could not resist trying it :Smile-hiding:

I like Overwolf, but damn I get lag then!.
I even tried to record in it, and then I felt like in the days of CBT, but hey they need time to fix the software/servers, I am a Tanker of TEST in my head-

Since WoT did go online for money on the EU server, I took a break.

Today I am just a humble small tank tier guy now, on the EU/US servers.

But that dont stop me, from trying next step in the WarGaming.net games. B)
So lets see what happens, if chosen or not. (Its just a game anyway right)

X101 #44 Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 25495 battles
  • [DTIN] DTIN
Overwolf is great, using it will gave feedback.

Drowningfly #45 Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:10 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 21150 battles
IIRC it used to say in the Xfire EULA that you were only allowed to use the program if you lived in America.  Not sure if it still does.

zmeul #46 Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:10 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 19552 battles
I want to be a tester for World of Warplanes, but not like this

X-Fire is a well known and established social interaction piece of software aimed at gamers; the other .. never heard of it, in fact I don't even remember how it's called :)

me and my friends used TeamSpeak and Mumble for comms, so I've never used X-Fire and simply don't even plan to use it
being forced to use a 3rd party app is not cool, everyone should have their own choice

XxXSpottedYouXxX #47 Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:28 AM

General

• Player
  • 23824 battles
  • [4077] 4077
Done.

My application is done i hope i get in  :Smile_honoring:.

Sgt_Bones #48 Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 2849 battles
  • [-FC-] -FC-
I personally agree with many others here, I have no desire to install extra stuff that runs in the background, even though I would love to test WoWP. I personally try to keep my system as free as possible from stuff running in the background, I just find it un-needed and unrelated. Guess I will just skip alpha test and wait for the beta test. Besides, I have done my share of betas in my life, EAW, IL2, Crimson skies, MC1+2, MechWarrior4 series, and WoT too that I can honestly and happily let someone else play the alpha! Good luck for all that take the time to try these progs out and get a chance at the alpha!

Azradiel #49 Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:55 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8535 battles
Installed Overwolf, clicked, got transferred to NA page, uninstalled. You don't need all this social stuff.

Scilya #50 Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:04 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 6125 battles
Questionnaire

1. What are the most important and useful features that are available in Overwolf?
it has nothing that i need

2. What are the most important and useful features that are available in XFire?
nothing that i need and a horrible programe

3. Which module, Overwolf or XFire, has a more user-friendly interface?
there about the same

4. Chat function of which module do your like better?
i dont like iether chat function and i cant think of a time where i would use it in WoT

5. Voice communication function of which module do your like better?
why the HECK would i use it for voice when there is teamspeak vent and mumble???

6. Quick messaging, uploading images and videos to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube of which module do your like better?
sorry but uploading images to facebook is already a 2 click thing you cant make it any easer, videoes get auto uploaded by the video editer anyway
all of these fetures are pointless

7. Which module is better at video recording?
FRAPS

8. Have you had any difficulties running the two modules (bugs, glitches, malfunctioning, etc)? Overwolf? XFire? Both? Please describe in detail.
yeah they use system resources not alot but its still annoying to have in the background

9. Does any of the two modules need improvements (rebinding the keys, changing user interface, settings setup, etc)? Overwolf? XFire? Both? Please describe in detail.
yes they need to have a big uninstall butten so you can easaly click it when you realise how bad they are

10. What are the most important features that are available in Overwolf and XFire? Which of them are common? Which are unique for one of them?
there are certainly no "importaint" fetures in these programmes and nothing that cant be performed better by something else

11. Would you use one of the two modules during your regular World of Tanks sessions? If yes, which one?
lol no i cant think of one thing i would use it for

not that i wouldentmind bieng a tester but i dont like bieng part of an ad campaign for 2 useless programes which is realy what this is about
so up above are what i realy think of them

Qw4z1 #51 Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 2847 battles

View PostRaffzahn, on 08 September 2011 - 08:21 PM, said:

Well, it might not bring me a WoWP account, but it chould be an opinion you should think about:

I do not intend to install any software from third party developers.
I do not want to spend time with interferences or security leaks.
A well developed Game should include all necersarry tools integrated by its developer/publisher.

Anyway, looking foreward to the new game!

H.

I am with you there, mate!

The good thing about xfire is that you can join friends games, but since you can't join a started battle in WoT, I find it a bit pointless... Give us battle.net4WoT!

zmeul #52 Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:46 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 19552 battles
just a thought:
what happened to the earlier statement that WoT will be integrated with STEAM Community, won't World of Warplanes get in?
why test these other 2 apps?

Overlord #53 Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:50 AM

Commander

• Military Reserve
  • 3857 battles

View Postzmeul, on 09 September 2011 - 07:46 AM, said:

just a thought:
what happened to the earlier statement that WoT will be integrated with STEAM Community, won't World of Warplanes get in?
why test these other 2 apps?

There will be no integration with Steam.

zmeul #54 Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:07 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 19552 battles

View PostOverlord, on 09 September 2011 - 07:50 AM, said:

There will be no integration with Steam.

wait what!?!
so you are backing out on your promise .... again
when is this gonna end, soon I hope

Regimardyl #55 Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:26 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 558 battles

View PostRaffzahn, on 08 September 2011 - 08:21 PM, said:

Well, it might not bring me a WoWP account, but it chould be an opinion you should think about:

I do not intend to install any software from third party developers.
I do not want to spend time with interferences or security leaks.
A well developed Game should include all necersarry tools integrated by its developer/publisher.

Anyway, looking foreward to the new game!

H.

Yes, exactly the same with me - Isn't it possible to make the Alpha test as almost every Closed Beta Test?
Add "Register!" button to the WoWP-Website, and then send keys to the registered people ... but this doesn't seem to be possible  :(

Schneewolf #56 Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:28 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 29094 battles
both suck and are useless in a clann situation.....

xfire ..been on the market 4 years..and a lot off games have tried promote it.but the more serious gamers...ie the 1 nes that pay yar bill will form there own groups clanns what have u..so they dont utilise this..

the wolf thingy reading the bugs and mem wont even attempt 2 intsall itr till it works stable with win 7 64 bit...

dont forget  both run ok on 32 bit systems  but yar die hard gamer has already moved beyond that

OgAmar #57 Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:43 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 15866 battles
Well, i used XFire way ago and i did not found it handy.

The way more common things for gamers are at least, Teamspeak, Vent, Mumble for Voicechats

I find it a bit annoying to install now 2 Programs to test and comment Features they were
already in other well known programs.

Why not choosing a few longtime WoT Players like me, who played over 1 Year World of Tanks
in Closed Beta with more than 7k Battles and since Release more than 6k Battles ?

I was never in any Game Alpha Tests but are very interested in such a great position before
Closed Beta time.

For other Programs (not Games) i was Alpha Tester till Release and yeah it was Fun and great
to figure out Bugs and see the Program growing to the Goal of the Devs.

Overlord #58 Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:44 AM

Commander

• Military Reserve
  • 3857 battles

View Postzmeul, on 09 September 2011 - 08:07 AM, said:

wait what!?!
so you are backing out on your promise .... again
when is this gonna end, soon I hope

We didn't promise Steam, there were some talks and negotiations, but it was never set in stone.

VonOtto #59 Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 18631 battles

View PostOgAmar, on 09 September 2011 - 08:43 AM, said:

Well, i used XFire way ago and i did not found it handy.

The way more common things for gamers are at least, Teamspeak, Vent, Mumble for Voicechats

I find it a bit annoying to install now 2 Programs to test and comment Features they were
already in other well known programs.

Why not choosing a few longtime WoT Players like me, who played over 1 Year World of Tanks
in Closed Beta with more than 7k Battles and since Release more than 6k Battles ?

I was never in any Game Alpha Tests but are very interested in such a great position before
Closed Beta time.

For other Programs (not Games) i was Alpha Tester till Release and yeah it was Fun and great
to figure out Bugs and see the Program growing to the Goal of the Devs.
to OgAmar :Smile_honoring:

I would like to be Part of the Alpha but i don´t will install this programms. I can wait until Closed Beta maybe we will enter this without this programms . Sorry Wargaming  :(

Dublin_Gunner #60 Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 17139 battles
I can only assume World of [insert form of military vehicle] will at some stage in the future be using an already developed 'social platform' as its own integrated player comms.

The chat features within WoT are very basic to say the least, so to avoid further development time and cost, integrating another platform may be the easiest solution.

I have used XFire many moons ago for years [they actually used a shot of my account for a promo advert once :) ), but the gaming community has moved on, with integrated chat and server features, and limited integrated voice comms.

Saying that, I will give both a chance with their latest versions, and will write a report as I would dearly love to test WoWP.

I hope XFire has sorted out it ever-present bandwidth-hogging problems.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users