How mandatory is vertical spabilizer on meduims and heavies?

vertical stabilizer equipment

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

MRGTB #61 Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32033 battles

View PostAdzTownstrike, on 19 August 2017 - 11:54 PM, said:

if your at a distance where having optics will actually make a difference your doing it wrong. Get off the redline and push ffs. A cent is made to support and play hulldown and not to snipe and camp...

Like honestly if your within 100m of the enemies your gonna be 100x more useful than if your sat at 300m using your "viewrange" 

just checked your stats and im right... You use optics yet still have spotting ratios of around 1...

Oh and your a reroll... this just gets better and better XD

I don't sit in a bush spotting and taking pot shots all the time doing sniping role. I still play the tank the same way (for the most part) as I would without boosting the view range. The difference is, when pushing forward I'm spotting more things at distance which may halt my progress forward that might otherwise have got me killed faster. At close range fighting I don't really need vstab. I don't need wait until the recycle goes smaller before shooting rounds when the tank is there right in-front of in my face. :teethhappy:

Keep in mind as a whole I'm helping the team out better by spotting things further away, as the other person pointed out you. It's pretty funny at times when I drive to where others are and they don't spot a thing - I turn up and about 5 enemy get lit up and they all start firing and I watch my spotting points go to over 1k in 10 seconds.;)

As far as using Vents goes, I don't like losing that. While you might not get much of an extra increase in View Range from it, you are gaining a small increase across all skills that helps you not need something like vStab as much, more so if your crew skill is pretty high with the right skills done already. My tank crew all have 5 skills each done, doing 6th one for them now for better camo. I have played without vStab with a unskilled crew and difference was far more obvious then, I don't really see much of a differece now with it installed or not - so I'd sooner 'max out' what is the tanks best asset (it's view range).

Edited by GaryThomasBolton, 20 August 2017 - 10:47 AM.

laulaur #62 Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47511 battles

@GaryThomasBolton

So let me get this straight:

1.You use FV4202 as a spotter/light - that tank is damn big and slow for this kind of role....

2.You spot tanks far away and this prevents you from advancing more and get killed - you are sure that you do not bush-camp? 

3.Even if you spotted tanks far away, you end fighting tanks 10m in front of you - what about those ''far away tanks''? you did not shoot after those?

4.You don't need vstab on a tank that have one of the worst gun handling values in game - no comment on this....

5.You think you are doing great in FV4202 - yeah, 630 damage/game and 46% wins...

:facepalm:

AdzTownstrike #63 Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19196 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

View PostGaryThomasBolton, on 20 August 2017 - 09:02 AM, said:

I don't sit in a bush spotting and taking pot shots all the time doing sniping role. I still play the tank the same way (for the most part) as I would without boosting the view range. The difference is, when pushing forward I'm spotting more things at distance which may halt my progress forward that might otherwise have got me killed faster. At close range fighting I don't really need vstab. I don't need wait until the recycle goes smaller before shooting rounds when the tank is there right in-front of in my face. :teethhappy:

Keep in mind as a whole I'm helping the team out better by spotting things further away, as the other person pointed out you. It's pretty funny at times when I drive to where others are and they don't spot a thing - I turn up and about 5 enemy get lit up and they all start firing and I watch my spotting points go to over 1k in 10 seconds.;)

As far as using Vents goes, I don't like losing that. While you might not get much of an extra increase in View Range from it, you are gaining a small increase across all skills that helps you not need something like vStab as much, more so if your crew skill is pretty high with the right skills done already. My tank crew all have 5 skills each done, doing 6th one for them now for better camo. I have played without vStab with a unskilled crew and difference was far more obvious then, I don't really see much of a differece now with it installed or not - so I'd sooner 'max out' what is the tanks best asset (it's view range).

Which is why you have less than 48% wins....

Also tagged with vertical stabilizer, equipment

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users