I'm done, i quit. Good bye WoT.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
90 replies to this topic

Nadezhda92 #21 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1839 battles

View PostGremlin182, on 03 March 2016 - 02:53 PM, said:

Your just starting to get a handle on the game and your quitting well ok but its a pity.

Looking through your tanks you seem to have just reached tier 5 which is where you start to see a real difference in the game and also where you start to earn  decent credits.

Tier 5 and 6 are great places to boost your xp and credit balance, tanks have enough HP and armour to stay alive more than 2 minutes and guns become decent at dealing damage.

Sure things will not be great till you get a 100% crew but will be good enough.

Personally I think tier 5 is where the game begins.

Light tanks you have an AMX ELC bis and a Chaffee both great light tanks, in those you will never be top tier and very seldom get in a game where you are out of the bottom half of your team.

Thats light tanking love it or leave it., you have 100 battles in the ELC and staring to do ok.

Medium tanks You have 1 tier 5 the T34 don't know if you tried it yet but that tank works surprisingly well with the 57mm gun seems odd I know but you pen more and rof is great.

Heavy You have a KV1 and an O 1 Experimental, not a lot to say here other than 2 fantastic tanks played well these to can do wonders in decent match ups.

KV1 either the 85mm gun or the howitzer firing only HE ammo and over time you should get some very decent results.

O 1 E very mobile well armoured decent top gun all you could wish for.

You have a T1 as well nearly missed that when its fully upgraded that turns out to be a good tank, the M6 that follows is not quite as good but then comes the T29 and thats just awsome.

TD well you have  the Hetzer and again thats a very good TD the 75mm L48 is good as is the 105 one shotting many tanks with HE ammo.

You have made a reasonable start better than many me included when I was at that level, reached the point where the game steps up a notch and you have to slow right down no more upgrading to the next tank as soon as possible.

Consolidate, equip those tier 5s get 100% crews and start to have fun.

Will you get top tier games yes of course and tbh you must have already though not in lights they work differently.

well i most of the time only get 250 exp when i lose and 500 when i win... which is not much so it takes ages to get new tank etc...

And i have few crews that have 6th sence but its still like 1 = 60% and all others are stil 15% or so 

Hedgehog1963 #22 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:01 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 54369 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View PostNadezhda92, on 03 March 2016 - 01:54 PM, said:

It's not bec i have 1200 battles that i dont understand this game 

Yes.

It is.

Yes last time i do end up more and more as lowest tier every 1hour i have maybe 1 or 2 where i am toptier!

Hardly a statistically valid sample

Yes also lower tier on other team correct but they are camping or behind higher tiers which i cant pen or get trough ! 

Dealing with that is one the thing you'd have learned if you'd played more.

Oh well..

Fritzblitzer #23 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18471 battles
take a chill pill, OP.

anonym_NB0KFLK9PJ59 #24 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostCenturionA1, on 03 March 2016 - 02:12 PM, said:

kek

kektus

NervosCuNervii #25 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21833 battles
  • [D57T] D57T

View PostNadezhda92, on 03 March 2016 - 03:54 PM, said:

It's not bec i have 1200 battles that i dont understand this game

Yes, it is!

Xodatna86 #26 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23756 battles
  • [-CDG-] -CDG-
See you soon when you'll come back

nobble #27 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:13 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 51656 battles

View PostFrostilicus, on 03 March 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

Bye

• 1242 battles

1255 battles!

Welcome back.

Edited by nobble, 03 March 2016 - 03:13 PM.

General_McMuschi #28 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23985 battles

View Postclixor, on 03 March 2016 - 02:51 PM, said:

This is EXACTLY what circon said on his stream yesterday. So if a frustrated newbie rages we laugh, but as an experienced good player says it as well, well, there must be something of a truth there somewhere. 

I agree. Even tho this community is pretty rude to the topic-starter, can you try to put yourselves in his position? how is he supposed to become experienced player if low/mid tier battles are as unbalanced as they are? he probably just gets one-shotted in most games, and dying so fast won't make him learn much. It's not his fault there are so many OP tanks running around on mid tiers.

The problem aren't just tanks with OP armor for their tier or tanks with huge alpha per shot/derp guns - the problem is that ATM there are too many of such tanks running around in mid tier battles.

There used to be just Matilda and Hetzer slightly OP on t4, now there's bunch of T28 eF30 tanks including hetzers and matildas, or Amx 40.

KV1 used to be OP tank of its tier, and M4 with its derp - now there's OI experimental, KV1S, KV-220-2, AT-2 etc.

KV2 used to be the terror of t6, now you get KV2 + at least one OI in every t6 battle.

When you combine all of this, there are bunch of unbalanced tanks in games from T4-T7.

And I am really glad I'm not a new player because I'd probably quit as well.

Edited by General_McMuschi, 03 March 2016 - 03:15 PM.

wsatnutter #29 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:19 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26449 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostNadezhda92, on 03 March 2016 - 01:05 PM, said:

It was fun playing it but most of the times it wasn't :)

I did not play this game to always end up as the lowest tier even with Medium and Heavy tank!

No F**k off war-F***k**NG-gaming. pls ban me for life so i can't come back please i beg u !

HOW CAN WE EARN LOT'S OF EXP WHEN WE CAN'T PENETRATE HIGHER TIERS! JUST F***k it

This is it for me! i might give that modern tank game a shot but this no not anymore untill u fix these tier machtmaker ! 

yea yea people will shout im a noob etc... but i dont pay gold for F**K*NG gold ammo!

THIS IS NO FUN AT ALL ! 

BYE BYE And i will sertaintly NOT RECOMMEND THIS GAME TO ANY OF MY FRIENDS ! 

F***K OFF PAY TO WIN WOT 

you need to learn the game before you dive off the high board other wise you will [edited]your head in the shallows

have you bothered to ask for help on the forums before and yes I cant be arsed to look

have you even bothered to think about your post before you posted so to sum up before you do

its a

no

no

no

you never did  bye  bye hopefully the door will hit you on the way out and knock some sense into you

Koriin #30 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:21 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14339 battles

Seeing the reactions of 'us' veterans I feel sorry for the guy.

Yes i do think he is overreacting, but I still think WG should adress this as a serious problem.

Where 'this' is the problem of new players are quite frequently the lowest tier in the battle due to the fact that they might have picked the wrong (scout) line  (Just a few 1000 games ago I got totally crazy of playing the a-20 and not being able to hurt any tank). I've introduced quite some people I know in real life or from other games to WoT and most of them quit due to the fact that their tanks where unable to deal damage. This, in combination with a lack of knowledge of the game mechanics (spotting, view range, crew skills, weak spots) and observation bias (I am always the lowest tier), was for most of those people to much to handle and they quite the game.

You can't expect everybody to bite through like the rest of 'us veterans'..

And to be honest, there are quite some times I play that I get the feeling I am constantly bottom tier in tanks that are absolutely not suited it while I get top tier in tanks that can handle being bottom tier quite well. For me, this is annoying as hell...

Signal11th #31 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:21 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 44275 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
Like most stories, it has a grain of truth in it.

Eaglax #32 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:21 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19429 battles

1st learn weakspots

2nd you don't have to pay gold for gold ammo:facepalm:...you don't even know that? well, I have not a problem if you wanna leave :D

wsatnutter #33 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:23 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26449 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postclixor, on 03 March 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

This is EXACTLY what circon said on his stream yesterday. So if a frustrated newbie rages we laugh, but as an experienced good player says it as well, well, there must be something of a truth there somewhere.

that's his opinion maybe valid to him and his disciples but to the players who don't fawn its not accepted

nothing in life is easy whatsoever whether its touching cloth with a turtlehead or your wages going in a day late the OP has an opinion but its somewhat flawed

Jigabachi #34 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNadezhda92, on 03 March 2016 - 03:00 PM, said:

well i most of the time only get 250 exp when i lose and 500 when i win... which is not much so it takes ages to get new tank etc...

And i have few crews that have 6th sence but its still like 1 = 60% and all others are stil 15% or so 

For juju's sake, you are still a new player. What do you expect? Rushing up the tiers in three days?

Since we're at it: Rushing the tiers is the worst thing you can do in this game. Take your time, learhn the very basics of the game using the ressources provided by this forum, the wiki (http://wiki.wargamin...attle_Mechanics) and youtube (https://www.youtube....h?v=HX0znHSeDMU).

Nadezhda92 #35 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1839 battles

View PostGeneral_McMuschi, on 03 March 2016 - 03:14 PM, said:

I agree. Even tho this community is pretty rude to the topic-starter, can you try to put yourselves in his position? how is he supposed to become experienced player if low/mid tier battles are as unbalanced as they are? he probably just gets one-shotted in most games, and dying so fast won't make him learn much. It's not his fault there are so many OP tanks running around on mid tiers.

The problem aren't just tanks with OP armor for their tier or tanks with huge alpha per shot/derp guns - the problem is that ATM there are too many of such tanks running around in mid tier battles.

There used to be just Matilda and Hetzer slightly OP on t4, now there's bunch of T28 eF30 tanks including hetzers and matildas, or Amx 40.

KV1 used to be OP tank of its tier, and M4 with its derp - now there's OI experimental, KV1S, KV-220-2, AT-2 etc.

KV2 used to be the terror of t6, now you get KV2 + at least one OI in every t6 battle.

When you combine all of this, there are bunch of unbalanced tanks in games from T4-T7.

And I am really glad I'm not a new player because I'd probably quit as well.

Thank you for finally one good comment for someone who understand my point

Nadezhda92 #36 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1839 battles

View PostKoriin, on 03 March 2016 - 03:21 PM, said:

Seeing the reactions of 'us' veterans I feel sorry for the guy.

Yes i do think he is overreacting, but I still think WG should adress this as a serious problem.

Where 'this' is the problem of new players are quite frequently the lowest tier in the battle due to the fact that they might have picked the wrong (scout) line  (Just a few 1000 games ago I got totally crazy of playing the a-20 and not being able to hurt any tank). I've introduced quite some people I know in real life or from other games to WoT and most of them quit due to the fact that their tanks where unable to deal damage. This, in combination with a lack of knowledge of the game mechanics (spotting, view range, crew skills, weak spots) and observation bias (I am always the lowest tier), was for most of those people to much to handle and they quite the game.

You can't expect everybody to bite through like the rest of 'us veterans'..

And to be honest, there are quite some times I play that I get the feeling I am constantly bottom tier in tanks that are absolutely not suited it while I get top tier in tanks that can handle being bottom tier quite well. For me, this is annoying as hell...

Thank u for understanding my point! yes i am bit overreacting but WG is making us like this

wsatnutter #37 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:33 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26449 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostNadezhda92, on 03 March 2016 - 02:30 PM, said:

Thank you for finally one good comment for someone who understand my point

how about you take your [edited]head out the sand you aint an ostrich and take sound advice .I.E learn the game and stop rushing the tiers

Nadezhda92 #38 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1839 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 03 March 2016 - 03:27 PM, said:

For juju's sake, you are still a new player. What do you expect? Rushing up the tiers in three days?

Since we're at it: Rushing the tiers is the worst thing you can do in this game. Take your time, learhn the very basics of the game using the ressources provided by this forum, the wiki (http://wiki.wargamin...attle_Mechanics) and youtube (https://www.youtube....h?v=HX0znHSeDMU).

I'm not rushing lol i did in the beginning but i learned quickly i did not have to rush ... believe i have few good teams games and we played that tactfully and good, but it was only a few teams battles

TheRealTwist #39 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:36 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 40558 battles
  • [CAHU] CAHU

You dont quit as it looks. Fine. Learn the Game. Train your Crews, equip your tanks and elite them....then learn to play them.

AMX ELC and OI Exp can do a lot even in Tier 8 and 7 Games....trust me.

Nadezhda92 #40 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1839 battles

View Postwsatnutter, on 03 March 2016 - 03:33 PM, said:

how about you take your [edited]head out the sand you aint an ostrich and take sound advice .I.E learn the game and stop rushing the tiers

What? can't stand it that people understand new players like me :) Go cry in ur tier 10 tank dude where u dont have the problem i have 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users