I'm done, i quit. Good bye WoT.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
90 replies to this topic

Nadezhda92 #41 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1839 battles

View PostTheRealTwist, on 03 March 2016 - 03:36 PM, said:

You dont quit as it looks. Fine. Learn the Game. Train your Crews, equip your tanks and elite them....then learn to play them.

AMX ELC and OI Exp can do a lot even in Tier 8 and 7 Games....trust me.

I did not play since i wrote this tread so no im not playing since then

wsatnutter #42 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:39 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26162 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostNadezhda92, on 03 March 2016 - 02:36 PM, said:

What? can't stand it that people understand new players like me :) Go cry in ur tier 10 tank dude where u dont have the problem i have

lol know your thinking that you get bad mm and no one else oh dear

Nadezhda92 #43 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1839 battles

View Postwsatnutter, on 03 March 2016 - 03:39 PM, said:

lol know your thinking that you get bad mm and no one else oh dear

No, just saying that u dont are lowest tier most of the time bec u have high tier :) 

Jigabachi #44 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGeneral_McMuschi, on 03 March 2016 - 03:14 PM, said:

I agree. Even tho this community is pretty rude to the topic-starter, can you try to put yourselves in his position?

Sorry, but did you even read OP's first post? And are you familiar with the concept of "actio=reactio"?

Yes, I can understand the frustration of new players.

No, I can't understand nee players who come here to demand wild things and to whine and rage about things that would be so easy to understand when only they would bother to read some stuff.

Besides that: How did we manage to play the game when the game came out? OP tanks everywhere, +/-4 tier MM, etc.pp.?

Toompie #45 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21418 battles
  • [SB_NL] SB_NL

View Postclixor, on 03 March 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

This is EXACTLY what circon said on his stream yesterday. So if a frustrated newbie rages we laugh, but as an experienced good player says it as well, well, there must be something of a truth there somewhere. 

That is why I was saying that, there is a core of truth here. Have only partly seen Circon's stream from yesterday, but I know he has been pissed off by retardedness of the jap heavies as well yea.

View PostEnforcer1975, on 03 March 2016 - 01:53 PM, said:

Ok the jap heavies weren't around yet when i started and surely not when you started but...we had our share of "jap heavy" KV-1S derp, KV-2 and you probably had it even worse than me with "less fair MM" ( QQ ) from todays point of view. We all went through it and took it like men/women and didn't come crying like a little girl and opened a thread for every time we got buttraped didn't we? OP doesn't have many posts but there are a lot of QQs in them.

While this is true, I continued playing because I like tanks and am interested in WWII history etc. One might argue that WG has had plenty of time to improve the game on this aspect since the older players started playing it, but in 4 years time they still have no newbie-friendly tutorials. Any other company has to develop continuously and sure, if I start a new game it isn't perfect in the beginning, but after 4 years? You would expect some basics like a tutorial to be implemented by now. If they want to develop a healthy community with enough fresh blood coming in, they might want to rethink their priorities a bit. If new players get owned by the jap heavies in their 4 tank game after game, how long do you think that remains fun? The majority of people with a slight interest in tanks/WWII etc. have already found this game by now, so a bit more newbie-friendliness to also attract other people is a good idea. But hey, at least we can buy more tier 8 premium tanks than ever!

Edited by Toompie, 03 March 2016 - 03:49 PM.

General_McMuschi #46 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23950 battles

and to all of you who are saying he doesnt understand the game mechanics and should learn how the game works (and the weak spots of all tanks and so on) - I have to say there is really a lot to learn, too much; and it takes a lot of studying and time to really figure out everything, including tanks and maps! There are so many tanks, and so many maps (plus there's encounter, assault and standard version of many of them) - it really takes time and huge passion/dedication from somebody who just wanted to play a game!

New players shouldn't have to be forced to study this game for long time like it is some sort of boring homework just to be competent - when I started to play, I was able to learn while playing and having fun. I was like "ok, so I died. why did I die? what did I do wrong? how can I learn from my mistake and be better in future?". but now, it seems like too often than it should be, the answer to those questions is just something like "I got engaged in fight with OP tank and didn't really stood a chance". This is not the fault of new players.

Technocrat_Prime #47 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:49 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 31466 battles
  • [-TCC-] -TCC-

View PostGeneral_McMuschi, on 03 March 2016 - 03:45 PM, said:

New players shouldn't have to be forced to study this game

Yes they should. For once, there is a game that challenges the mind - do not soften it up. All those who feel stressed out by WG's games can go play Candy Crush Saga or somesuch.

SirMushy #48 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:53 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13660 battles

View PostToompie, on 03 March 2016 - 02:20 PM, said:

Well, it's not worded very nicely but I think there is a (tiny) point to this. Many new players will quit this game because lower tiers have less and less players. Add the retarded tier 5 and 6 Japanese heavies to the equation and the fact that there is no proper noob-friendly in-game tutorial to learn them the basics of viewrange/camo, gun depression/hulldown and sidescraping will cause many new players to quit.

Thats why I like it too. Hidden behind swearing is truth about WoT. Its made to exploit and monetize frustration. You cannot handle it? Pay up!

In most low/mid tier tanks there is no way to "play properly" and even if Albert Einstein came to life and created perfect, interactive, noob-friendly guide it would still be useless. Most tanks are unbalanced deliberately (historical facts [edited]that WG spews are just a veneer). 

Why, you might ask. Because only way to play most low/mid tier tanks, by design, is to keep going up tiers no matter what. There is a reason why most streamers/YTers almost exclusively play tier 10.

Why cant ALL tiers be as balanced as tier 10 but still have +-2 tier opposition? Because thats how they squeeze money.

Edited by SirMushy, 03 March 2016 - 03:54 PM.

Enforcer1975 #49 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 21513 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostToompie, on 03 March 2016 - 03:45 PM, said:

That is why I was saying that, there is a core of truth here. Have only partly seen Circon's stream from yesterday, but I know he has been pissed off by retardedness of the jap heavies as well yea.

While this is true, I continued playing because I like tanks and am interested in WWII history etc. One might argue that WG has had plenty of time to improve the game on this aspect since the older players started playing it, but in 4 years time they still have no newbie-friendly tutorials. If they want to develop a healthy community with enough fresh blood coming in, they might want to rethink their priorities a bit. If new players get owned by the jap heavies in their 4 tank game after game, how long do you think that remains fun? The majority of people with a slight interest in tanks/WWII etc. have already found this game by now, so a bit more newbie-friendliness to also attract others is a good idea. But hey, at least we can buy more tier 8 premium tanks than ever!

That's true but in those 4 years the community has been giving a helping hand to newbies and for those who are willing to help themselves by investigating on their own. Guess how i got information about the game? You can say it's the OP for being himself, wants to be spoonfed and throws a tantrum when something doesn't go his way luckily we only have a few of those special cases but also a lot of players who just keep playing really bad no matter how much training or advice you give them. What do we have the internet and wiki for?

He actually already wanted to quit once and opened a thread with an attitude http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/555731-matchmaking/page__p__12159362#entry12159362 yet decided to stay when players gave him advice how to become a better player like Slyspy here.

View PostSlyspy, on 26 February 2016 - 12:55 PM, said:

No, but he is playing tier fours and light tanks. Here  OP: The first will help to explain everything about the game, the second will help you apply it:

http://wiki.wargamin.../World_of_Tanks

http://forum.worldof...nkers-handbook/

Good luck!

But OP decided it would be a good idea to keep on going like he did at 1k games and come again with the same thread...

General_McMuschi #50 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23950 battles

So, basically, all of you guys are recommending to new players to "learn" the game quickly and rush up to higher tiers which are more balanced. Then, when such players do that, all of you complain about noob top tier tanks in high tier battles who ruin the game for everyone.

Plus, why wouldn't he open a rage topic like this? people create anti-arty topics every day, so if people can complain about arty over and over repeating what has been said millions of times before, what is wrong with raging about something that isn't arty for change, something that is actually real problem in mid tiers like unbalance?

Blackadder75 #51 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8674 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 03 March 2016 - 03:43 PM, said:

Sorry, but did you even read OP's first post? And are you familiar with the concept of "actio=reactio"?

Yes, I can understand the frustration of new players.

No, I can't understand nee players who come here to demand wild things and to whine and rage about things that would be so easy to understand when only they would bother to read some stuff.

Besides that: How did we manage to play the game when the game came out? OP tanks everywhere, +/-4 tier MM, etc.pp.?

When the game was released everyone started roughly equal. Skill will be more evenly distributed seeing as few have the experience to get ahead. But now you have lots and lots of players with thousands of battles so for anyone starting their WoT experience now the skill gap will be massive

Enforcer1975 #52 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 21513 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostGeneral_McMuschi, on 03 March 2016 - 03:45 PM, said:

and to all of you who are saying he doesnt understand the game mechanics and should learn how the game works (and the weak spots of all tanks and so on) - I have to say there is really a lot to learn, too much; and it takes a lot of studying and time to really figure out everything, including tanks and maps! There are so many tanks, and so many maps (plus there's encounter, assault and standard version of many of them) - it really takes time and huge passion/dedication from somebody who just wanted to play a game!

New players shouldn't have to be forced to study this game for long time like it is some sort of boring homework just to be competent - when I started to play, I was able to learn while playing and having fun. I was like "ok, so I died. why did I die? what did I do wrong? how can I learn from my mistake and be better in future?". but now, it seems like too often than it should be, the answer to those questions is just something like "I got engaged in fight with OP tank and didn't really stood a chance". This is not the fault of new players.

It doesn't say "easy to learn difficult to master" for nothing. The amount of time and training is reflected in the players stats, of course there are some natural talents out there too. Everyone is capable of pressing WASD and clicking other tanks, the difference is learning how to apply the mechanics. Most if not all can only be learned by finding it out on the battlefield or training room and constantly improved upon your experiences.

Enforcer1975 #53 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 21513 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostBlackadder75, on 03 March 2016 - 03:55 PM, said:

When the game was released everyone started roughly equal. Skill will be more evenly distributed seeing as few have the experience to get ahead. But now you have lots and lots of players with thousands of battles so for anyone starting their WoT experience now the skill gap will be massive

Can't be. My buddy had a lot of experience ( 1y and a couple thousand games ) beforehand and i slightly overtook him stats wise...i don't think that advantage weighs that much anymore for the average player with the game constantly changing since everyone has to adapt to it.

Edited by Enforcer1975, 03 March 2016 - 04:00 PM.

Jonkka79 #54 Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 50975 battles
  • [BIGD] BIGD
RageQuit:arta:

Jigabachi #55 Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Block Quote

New players shouldn't have to be forced to study this game for long time like it is some sort of boring homework just to be competent - when I started to play, I was able to learn while playing and having fun.

I agree that WG really has to do something in terms of tutorials and accessible information. But I have no sympathy for players who refuse to do some BASIC research on their own and instead blame everything on the game and whatever comes to their mind.

Edited by Jigabachi, 03 March 2016 - 04:02 PM.

Blackadder75 #56 Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8674 battles

View PostEnforcer1975, on 03 March 2016 - 03:58 PM, said:

Can't be. My buddy had a lot of experience ( 1y and a couple thousand games ) beforehand and i slightly overtook him stats wise...i don't think that advantage weighs that much anymore for the average player with the game constantly changing since everyone has to adapt to it.

You didn't have to exeprience the MM covering +/- 4 tiers. I was merely pointing out that unbalanced battles is less important when nobody knows their [edited]from their elbow.

rustysprite #57 Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:09 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22792 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNadezhda92, on 03 March 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

I'm not rushing lol i did in the beginning but i learned quickly i did not have to rush ... believe i have few good teams games and we played that tactfully and good, but it was only a few teams battles

I'm sorry, but I think you are rushing

You have one of the new very OP Japanese heavies... the OI-exp and you only have a 33% WR in it

Most experienced players that have this tank will show you a decent win rate... I have 72%

Does this not indicate that you do not know enough about this game and how to play it?

I have looked at your stats and the most games you have played in a tier 1 or 2 tank is 29 games

In tier 3 the most is 48 games

This is hardly enough to learn about the tank... you are just pushing to get the modules and move onto the next tier. Not even getting time to train a decent crew

So listen to the guys above and slow down... well...  if you stay

Good luck

Enforcer1975 #58 Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 21513 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostBlackadder75, on 03 March 2016 - 04:08 PM, said:

You didn't have to exeprience the MM covering +/- 4 tiers. I was merely pointing out that unbalanced battles is less important when nobody knows their [edited]from their elbow.

No i didn't have to experience +-4 MM but i didn't experience so much whining about everything in the almost 2 years i have been playing than during the last 6 months.

Blackadder75 #59 Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8674 battles

View PostEnforcer1975, on 03 March 2016 - 04:15 PM, said:

No i didn't have to experience +-4 MM but i didn't experience so much whining about everything in the almost 2 years i have been playing than during the last 6 months.

People tend to have a better memory regarding recent events.

cellaman7 #60 Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:23 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34695 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Well you have either got it or you don't.

You are nowhere near it if those things bother you. As soon as you said Prem ammo for gold I stopped reading. :facepalm:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users